About a month ago I cut the tip of my thumb and got 2 stitches

about a month ago I cut the tip of my thumb and got 2 stitches.
now it's healed pretty well as you see, but i can't feel anything on the part where the cut was, but if I press hard on it I do feel pain, it almost feels like I have glue on the tip on of my finger. will it ever come back to normal?

Attached: 20190521_224614.jpg (1833x2242, 1.7M)

your dick looks stupid.

Cool story bro

same thing happened to about 7 months ago. I still cannot feel entirely at the cut part, but I can feel a little bit and it stopped hurting. How did you do it, OP?

No. I sliced off part of my thumb about six years ago. The part that grew back was indented a little and has no feeling. No big deal, really. You adjust to it, especially with it being such a small area.

You got stitches for that little cut you candy ass faggot?

Probably not. 15 years ago I had a cut on one fınger and still cannot feel above the cutline. So don’t worry you will survive

it's just kinda annoying cuz its exactly the part that touches the phone screen when I'm typing

It's called scar tissue, it's never going away so stop pressing down hard on it.

You've cut the nerve for skin sensation in your finger. It wont grow back, so better get used to not feeling any touch.
Sorry bro

I was cutting a melon and the knife slipped

Rekt by fruit

>It's healed pretty well

Before long you won't even notice.

no.

it's weird cuz I can feel the edges of the cut, it's on the center that feels numb, and for some reason a part next to the cut also feels numb.
I think the doctor fucked up when he stitched my finger

I did the same thing man, its been about 2 years since my cut, your feeling could come back but mine has not fully returned.

Attached: 20190521_170239[1].jpg (4032x2268, 1.89M)

wait I'm good with not having any sensetion on it, but will the pain go alway?

has it returned a bit tho?

also did you get used to it?

And yet here you are complaining about loss of sensation. I cut my finger and got stitches, 13 of them including through the nail bed. I had zero sensation for maybe 2 years then some sensation after that until now 20 years later and I have maybe 80% sensation back

Yes but it takes years before it is used to pressure like the rest of your hand.

yeah, healed on the surface, I have no clue whats going on inside this mofo
I also cut a part of the nail bed but that healed pretty fast

I avulsed 90% of my index finger tip including through the bone tip. Fortunately the knife was razor sharp and I iced the cut down. Just got it sewed back on maybe 5 hours later and it took. The surgeon wanted to cut it off and graft but I said let's reattach and roll the dice.
8 weeks later I was back at work but it took maybe 5 years for it to feel close to normal. It took 15 for the skin to start growing back in a normal thickness. Before that it was too thick and would peel and crack and generally suck. After 15 years shit is as good as it gets. Maybe 80% sensation and normal pressure response.

well yours does sound more extreme than mine, mine didn't go as deep, but hey I guess I'll tell you how my thumb is doing in 5 years

Wait 7 years and it will be back to normal. Nerve damage. Had this big time.

You'll be fine in 5 years. It just takes a crazy amount of time for the nerves to re-acclimate to the new situation

I guess good thing I'm only 19, anyways, thanks guys, at least now I'll just have to accept it and get used to it instead of keep focusing on it all the time

My injury was pretty big and serious. The nerve damage in addition to the traumatic expirience made me insane. It's your thumb. You will be fine.

I cut myself at 23 and now I'm almost 40.

>At least nowI'll just have to accept it and get used to it instead of keep focusing on it all the time

This is a profound statement that if you take to heart in a broad context beyond your cut will serve your happiness for your whole life.

yeah,plus now I can poke myself with a pin and not feel pain, as a party trick

I has kind of returned, I can tell the difference in textures but I cannot differentiate warm and cold.

I did eventually forget about it, I only notice it is there when someone brings it up or I look at it. Also once a slight fingerprint starts to develop again, you can use it on a fingerprint scanner on a phone.

I can actually use my fingerprint scanner already, I guess it scans around the cut, doesn't work as good but still aight

I degloved my finger, feeling doesn't come back and what you are feeling is scar tissue, massage it and it will break down and go away

Attached: Snapchat-1134072198.jpg (1920x990, 316K)

Here's when they put it together

Attached: Snapchat-1080141671.jpg (2560x1320, 560K)

Scar tissue isn't skin. That's why you can't feel it.

What did you ground beefaify your finger with?

I overdosed on pain and now I can poke, burn, slash, beat and lowkey burn my whole body without the overwhelming feeling of pain. Partytrick? I am good at fighting. Bro? Do you even nerve damage?

I mean, it's kinda hard to win a fight with a thumb lol

god damn man, I got lucky. I cut myself with the sharpest knife in the kitchen, I didn't even feel the cut for like 10 seconds, I could only feel the warmth from the blood.also wtf happened to you

Attached: Screenshot_20181126-135946_Snapchat[1].jpg (1080x1920, 625K)

I had a microwave size rock crush my finger while doing trail work

I cut my pinky and it felt weird but after a year or two it went back to normal