Post overrated bands

Post overrated bands.

>pic related

Attached: literally who.jpg (960x960, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who are they?

Lol no.

that is phish and they are a fucking terrible band

Lol no.

Attached: 611711687-rammstein-wedftSQnm6b.jpg (1536x864, 92K)

Attached: p01bqhlb.jpg (960x540, 114K)

Sid fan?

Attached: weugfi.jpg (1024x683, 80K)

I beg to differ, user.

Yes, yes they are

Syd Floyd is only Floyd

They're great. I hope to see them this Summer. I've only gotten to see them once.

No you just dont get it because youre not smart enough.

Entitled, self absorbed cunt smears.

Attached: large.jpg (500x500, 89K)

not a single person on this planet would listen to Paramore if it wasn't for the girl

Attached: Haley-Williams-Topless-Tweet_colorcorrectedb.jpg (1600x1200, 97K)

Goddammit, I fucking hate U2.
Who the fuck has the nerve to use the name "The Edge".. like, fuck the fuck off.

Dude i thought David Cross, Robin Williams Martin Mull, and Mike Dirnt formed a band

Attached: 1266525805955.jpg (800x600, 129K)

she does have a nice penis though

OP here.
That doesn't make sense, idiot.
Robin Williams is dead.

The Blue Cold Pickled Peppers

Metallica, Megadeth, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and RHCP to me.

Attached: 1557733293659.jpg (672x935, 81K)

That's an awful big swing in the dark. I just don't like them because they're boring.

Yeah, U2 fucking blows

Exactly my point.

Thought that as well a few years ago but after a friend invited me to their concert in Paris I changed my mind. It's understandable if you don't like their music but boy they make a show out of a concert.

fucking foo fighters

First 2 albums were pretty ok tbh...
Anything after that is forgettable

I wouldn't say those are overrated... Just overly popular tbh
Those bands have some really good music, but the fact that a lot of people who haven't really experienced that much music of the genre praise these bands so much, makes it seem like they are overrated

This. Fuck that band

Attached: images (5).jpg (470x313, 22K)

Who the fuck ever rated them ever?

Could not agree more.

phish whoops ass and would cure your fucked up troll depression if you opened your mind and went to a show

I'd agree with everything but Nirvana. Bleach and In Utero are truly fantastic and their Unplugged is phenomenal.

Boring cunts

Attached: coldplay.jpg (960x540, 56K)

These are proper faggots.

Ok not band but this asshole is ridiculously popular here for some reason I cannot fathom

Attached: Whiney useless cunt.jpg (920x582, 68K)

He's got a formula is why. He knows how to write generic catchy tunes that stick to your brain. He's also cornered the wedding song market.
Everything he does is business.

>Phish

More like pish.

Led Zeppelin
Kiss
Metallica
Tool
Five Finger Death Punch
Shinedown
Rage Against The Machine
Godsmack
Styx
Journey
Kidd Rock
Sublime

That's all I've got for now.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 43K)

I think it's funny you put Styx in there

THAT'S IT! I'M FUCKING CRACKING SKULLS! ANYBODY WANNA SHOOT UP A CHURCH?

AC fucking DC sucks

Attached: 3845813147.jpg (2112x1614, 142K)

This. These are my words for the past years now that i agree with.

Ghost

Attached: Cover.jpg (450x450, 47K)

>Journey

Attached: c4713340f3bee2e136da964a67fa7234.jpg (640x640, 43K)

Soulless drivel

fucking nigger lol

Attached: big hoss.png (325x382, 212K)

Kiss and metallica are awesome

Phish rules you cuck fuk yerself

Bono and "The Edge" deserve the noose

This mopey bitch

Attached: eilish.jpg (624x468, 29K)

Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Nirvana

kys

Attached: raydorset.jpg (450x511, 40K)

Mungo Herry doesn't deserve quads

Bruh

>In the summer time, when the newfags are you.
>You should kill yourself and your parents should to
>In the summer time
>I see newfags, I see newfags all the time.

agreed

I'm glad that no one mentioned Korn. I listen to them every damn day.

As for the OP's question:

Taylor Swift

Korn

fuck you, user ;)

Trust me the pros of being dead far outweigh the cons at this point

imagine dragons and all the other whiny replacements for green day

ever see that documentary "it might get loud" where Jimmy Page, Jack White and "The Edge" do some guitar stuff together?

I have NO FUCKING IDEA why "The Edge" is in that group.

Attached: bf918202-a95a-4d63-9380-c1a4eb52f328_1510704000.png (770x770, 1.06M)

it's the truth...

Pink Floyd are so fucking terrible... 40 seconds of a clock ticking, or of a cash register ringing... no fuck off I've got better things to do with my time.

Syd Barret was never admitted to a mental institution, they literally STOLE that from the actual inventors of psychedelic rock- The 13th Floor Elevators .

Pink Floyd: So BORING to watch live they have to put on a play. Fucking they just stand there. 0 charisma.

Zeppelin may be good, but they stole all their tunes...

Nirvana had some good tunes, but just ripped off the Replacements, who did it better 8 years earlier.

I fucking hate fans of tool especially.
They think they're the most experimental band on earth and won't fucking listen to anything else.

ok, kid, here's a rattle to play with while you spin around in your walker.

U2 may be prats sometimes, but they are a visionary band and an incredible live act

This is him now, feel old yet?

Attached: alexander_bard[1].jpg (600x797, 128K)

their music is completely bland, uninteresting, and forgettable. I think if they didn't have the costume gimmick, and keep pretending their lead singer changed sometimes no one would even care

fucking faggot nirvana isn't overrated

I saw it and I said the same thing, he's not even that good

Yes, Phish is terrible. Do not buy tickets or ever go to their shows. You will get AIDS. Stay away. Worst music ever. Avoid at all costs. Phish overrated BAD.

Attached: who the fuck cares.jpg (620x620, 51K)

who cares,he's probably some zoomer faggot who wasnt even alive before kurt shot himself

I don't smile cause I'm soooo edgy

You're right! I love her voice and lyrics. Wasn't crazy about the last album though

This faggot stinks

Attached: Frank+Zappa+by+Rob+Verhorst.jpg (652x367, 41K)

I fucking hate Neil Young

I would love to hear what music you think is good...

Attached: road warrior humungus road songs.jpg (1023x1024, 137K)

Imagine dragons

Attached: 1238442.jpg (900x600, 147K)

They were fucking awesome

Queen and it isn't even fucking close. Awful cheesy crap

>Pink Floyd are so fucking terrible... 40 seconds of a clock ticking, or of a cash register ringing... no fuck off I've got better things to do with my time.

I hope you're joking.

seriously

Tool is some 14 year old, Fight Club ass edgelord shit. They're like The Catcher in the Rye of bands.

IMO, Zeppelin's kinda overrated as far as classic rock goes. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great, but I personally prefer Queen to Zeppelin.

>highly influential bands, influencing artists across generations and genres
>overrated
you faggots wouldn't know the definition of overrated if it bit your dick off

>boy they make a show out of a concert
Yeah, simulating gay anal sex, and shooting the audience with liquid/foam squirting dicks... Anyone who likes rammstein is a fucking faggot

Attached: literal faggots.jpg (578x388, 45K)

Attached: ss (2019-05-14 at 06.57.29).jpg (451x523, 78K)

"overrated" means at the very least that people know about whom you are referring...

That's some true shit

These dick smokers. Yea Forums seems to loves these queers for some reason, constantly using their shitty music for webms. The fucking singer looks like he took a wrong turn heading to a bugchaser assfucking party and decided to front a mediocre hard rock band. Just look at his gay pride parade "armor" and his gaylord facial hair.

Attached: Sabaton_Official_Headquarters.jpg (960x502, 128K)

This. I'm a big military history fan and Sabaton is fucking garbage-tier pop metal that would be completely forgettable if it wasn't for their one little gimmick.

Attached: Foo-Fighters2.jpg (980x653, 130K)

yea pretty odd was respectable pretty much went downhill from there tho

Same with this trash band, Yea Forums seems to like them for some reason. They're fucking gay, they even have choreographed dancing in at least one of their videos... Just fucking terrible all around

Attached: nWr5fcYG.jpg (1379x977, 382K)

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

This canadian shithead.

Fucking upload failed for some reason

Attached: 09cbf19122b458d41191fb6549ff12a477d1db41.jfif.jpg (1000x1008, 140K)

Nirvana is the shit, I love that "fuzzy" guitar sound they and other bands like smashing pumpkins used in their music in the 90's

And since we're on canada, these turds.

Attached: Rush-band.jpg (700x523, 61K)

nah, The Only Exception is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard

We share a large research lab at work with another group and the people over on that side love this shit and 80s hard rock. They play it all day and it Stresses me out.

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart
Closer to the heart

I mean, they aren't a bad band, but people act like they're the pioneers of prog and are the end-all, be-all.

Theyre maybe the pioneers of math rock, but theyre a little late to be prog leaders. Just the lab is maybe 100 feet long and i can just barely hear it enough that it gets annoying.
And the main guy over there is a drummer and thinks neal pert is the greatest man to ever walk the earth.

Rambling music with no build or drive, us peons just don't understand.

No, they are over rated and the only people that "like them" got tired of saying Nirvana is their favorite band
Exactly. They are like every other masked band when Slipknot came out. Oooh another gimmick band! Anyone can write their 4 chord pop with mediocre singer, slap costumes on with a "spooky priest" lead and there is ghost. Boring, over rated, gimmicky

most overrated fags on planet earth

Attached: GettyImages-80530629-1493751877-640x443.jpg (640x443, 54K)

Attached: Beatles-.jpg (980x653, 60K)

The colour and the shape was a great album when it released. Since then they have become tired and played out. What part of their music facilitates three guitar players? They barely need two on any given song, with barely any melodic riffs and no solos, so what the fuck?

How though? He's not a musical genius as he's held up to, but very talented musician and singer

No build or drive? Youre trolling, or you have a

I cannot stand listening to these turds

Attached: Radiohead.jpg (2480x1087, 351K)

No.
No.
Yes.

Nirvana is the most overrated band of all fucking time. Kurt Cobain is basically worshipped as some kind of legend when in reality his drug fueled ramblings were framed as deeply poetic by people who refuse to believe otherwise.

Alice in Chains was literally far better at the exact same time.

I never liked them much either, it's like they transgressed from what Pantera built.

If it wasn't for the controversy around his death they would've faded into obscurity but he was basically immortalized.

Check out earth if you like slow heavy stuff. Dylan carlson, the main guy from earth, gave kurt cobain the shotgun he used. Those two and buzz osbourne used to hang out a lot.

My tastes have migrated pretty far but I'll keep it in mind only bc of the dubs

you obviously weren't born or of any significant age at the time. Nirvana was the poster child for grunge/alternative music and culture, the face of the new generation of music for young people. It makes little difference that Kurt died when he did, the impact was already made on culture and the music industry by then

You must be insane.

Not at all like nirvana, though kurt cobain did sing on one of their early songs. No vocals on most of their stuff. Theyre a sit on the couch, listen to the whole album and do opiates kind of band, in my opinion.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiRKpflgQA

C'mon man, they absolutely are. Overrated isn't a measure of quality, it's a measure of the ratio of popularity/perceived quality compared to the actual quality. There are certain bands that have achieved such a high level of popularity/perceived greatness that no matter how good they are they are still overrated. Nirvana was pretty darn good, and they were very influential, but their public perception has absolutely reached a level beyond their actual merit.

most hated band in the land

Absolutely correct

Pantera. Absolute garbage.

What you've pointed out adds to my point. The fact that they were the "poster child" just adds to them being overexposed, over celebrated, and overrated.

Sure at the time I enjoyed Nirvana, but there position as a response to the oversaturation of glam rock/pop was weak. They were made the frontrunners, becoming the pop that they supposedly stood against. Alice in Chains did what Nirvana was trying to do, and Pantera made the biggest statement.

Take your dubs elsewhere you complete buffoon.

>Megadeth
I absolutely agree with the other four, but I don't think Megadeth has enough general recognition, obviously they are huge in the metal scene, but I don't think the general public is really all that aware of them

being influential and popular does not automatically make a band overrated, that's retarded

They're almost completely hidden in Metallica's shadow for most people.

What you've said is the definition of overrated. Good babes can be overrated. Great bands can be overrated. It's all about how their perceived merit compares to their actual merit

No, no, yes, lolno, yes.

Steaming elephant shit since The Joshua Tree, which was fucking brilliant.

It's almost as if you didn't even read the comment that you responded to.

because Metallica went on to make radio dad rock, and Megadeth didn't. The general public is more familiar with their music from the Load/Reload forward, not their good stuff from the 80s

green fucking day

Millions of people know who Billie Eilish is. You're not cool for not being with the times, old man.

Megadeth made some gay music though.

it's almost as if you didn't explain how they're overrated, other than being popular and most well-known

Over-~~~~~ jebaited, beetles rock faggot

Attached: 2015TheBeatles_1966_Getty_3278896170315-2.jpg (900x600, 107K)

Completely accurate. Agreed.

Kiss is so overrated they actually circled back around and became underrated
Styx has some talented musicians but the lead is garbage

oh for sure, but Mustaine largely stuck to his roots of thrash metal, where Metallica abandoned it as soon as the black album

Historical context matters a lot with this band.

>Pink Floyd are so fucking terrible
Gilmore is excellent, plant is pretentious trash

they also produced something like 10-12 albums in as many years before they broke up. they weren't together all that long, but had a gigantic influence on music afterwords, to this day

Mustaine has prayer circles before evry concetert and wont play on the same bill with bands that criticize christianity. Musically, im a little ambivalent about his recent stuff, but the guy is at least and probably a bigger douche than metallica.

Queen, Freddie Mercury's ok, nothing George Michael couldn't do better.

Exactly. Yellow submarine is an annoying song, for example, but people cant just write them off as an annoying band based on that.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

>probably a bigger douche than metallica
probably, though Metallica still has Lars, so it's a toss-up (remember the whole Napster bullshit)
and I think Mustaine today is also different because of the whole finding religion thing, probably because of his drinking almost killing him years ago

The napster issue wasnt just about metallica, he knew they would be fine financially. His fear was that metallica wouldnt have existed if everyone could have just downloaded their albums for free, new upcoming bands would be hurt, he thought. He was wrong, sure, but nobody really knew how that was going to work out and at the time the fears were fair.

I did, you didn't comprehend.

They became famous for something they didn't even do, they were put front in the media for being new and anti pop. Plastered all over MTV when what they were praised for had already been done and was being done far better at the time.

They didn't create grunge, they didn't perfect grunge, they were a band that reached the fame they did bc the exposure they were GIVEN.

Overrated =/= Bad

In all honesty I just looked up most overrated bands of all time and every list I looked at has Nirvana in the top 5, multiple had Nirvana as number 1.

These fags. You only think they're good when you're stoned out of your gourd.

Attached: Grateful_Dead_(1970).png (1069x561, 747K)

Attached: 9965025012.jpg (1884x1454, 170K)

Came in to say that Phish is my favorite band and they can be incredible live. Check out the Tweezer>Prince Caspian from Magnaball, it's the best jam they've done in the last decade.

Attached: I9RR41m.jpg (750x1334, 672K)

Every member of Phish is insanely talented.

Kek.
These guys are so 80's but I still love 'em.

Imagine being so retarded you'd shoot up a place because someone dissed your band.

Listen to 05/08/1977 then get back to me bro.

Attached: divine-mother.jpg (600x900, 229K)

The only reason the entire universe and everything in it exists is so that they could do what they did and continue to for evermore.
>you will never be into, enjoy, or love anything as much as a deadhead can the grateful dead

Attached: anon'sfirstdeadshow1493677956401.jpg (736x711, 479K)

TOOL

lol that's a funny ass picture.
It's not the people who steal your face, it's the music, which has been dead for many decades.

>dead for many decades
Go see DSO friend, is more alive than ever before.
Dead forever!

Just saw em in November. Indeed, they are the best current option. Lol Dead and Slo.

Is that Genesis?

Genesis hasn't been four dudes since 1976, broseph.

Slow & Bro
But joking aside, going to see the old guys is really cool and I've had some wonderful times there. They're doing a wonderful much needed service - I just these new kids can at somepoint let go of the idol worship and learn to chase the music.
DSO is the Grateful Dead as far as I'm concerned - They've fully inherited whatever that thing of the universe is and are bearing the torch magnificently. Something like them will always be around - And good thing too because I think going to these shows and getting blasted and dancing is the most important thing anyone can do right now.
Bobby's new Wolf Brothers project is fucking sick though - Go see them as often as you can. I'm absolutely blown away by what they can get to come off the stage with just 3 people.

Attached: gdyui282.jpg (768x584, 271K)

USHIO

Attached: Clannad-and-Clannad-After-Story-image-clannad-and-clannad-after-story-36335380-960-720.jpg (960x720, 67K)

I like their studio stuff.

see, this troll failed because you didn't post a pic of the beatles

Word, cool to see another Deadhead.
I guess I'm just not a huge current Bobby fan. I loved Blue Mountain and all...tried listening to a Wolf Bros show from this spring and it sounded terrible imo.

At least we can agree on DSO. I actually teared up and couldn't stop crying during Black Throated Wind last time I saw them, it was better than I've ever heard it on recordings.

Attached: grateful_dead_115.jpg (300x300, 27K)

Children Of Bodom

You gonna be at the Jubilee?

Attached: gdmoogi1412135943592.jpg (702x260, 248K)

A million people does not constitute a rating of any significance, especially considering another million will never know who she is.

change my mind

Attached: Led-Zeppelin1.jpg (980x653, 123K)

Nope, not that big of a fan. More into Phish and UM these days. I'll be at MPP next month. Possibly that 4848 fest. Hbu?

Attached: 230px-Jon-Fishman2009-12-28.jpg (230x307, 18K)

>Metallica
Everything after the black album blows, everything before was great for its time
>Megadeth
I can agree
>Nirvana
Absolutely yes, although the influence they had is undebatable
>Pearl Jam
Lol
>RHCP
A lot of their stuff is but a decent chunk is pretty great, Flea is a god at slap but I still say Les is a better bassist overall

I'm on board with this. Never cared for them, though overrated is a bit of a reach for them.

Mostly considered a novel act at best. Not overrated material.

I just do DSO.
50+ shows a year.
(I'm not bragging, I just like to mention it to hopefully get some people thinking that this is an option - This is something people do and have made work for them, and it's something you could do too.)

Attached: gdgodisdead.png (480x580, 618K)

Cool. Nice pic too.
DSO is incredible man, they just don't come around where I live very often. Not trying to fly all over the country for a band. Just for you though, I'll try to make it to a Jubilee someday. The lineup looks amazing honestly.

Attached: jerry.jpg (285x406, 41K)

Is that Imagine Dragons?

metallica
/thread

No one could beat the living fuck out of a drumset like Bonham

frank zappa looks like my fagdad and i havent talked to him in 3 years so bump

Yes! I can't stand them. I get and respect their influence but i think The Beatles are overrated.

The who?

Can you not read? They're literally the who

Bono is a boner

Imagine unironically thinking Rage Against the Machine is overrated

Go fuck yourself. Nirvana is the only overrated one, also Metallica

don't fall for it, guys
this nigger just wants to rustle some jimmies

Attached: 1462327332633.jpg (900x900, 109K)

And megadeth and penis jam.

bump
RATM is a gift to mankind

Na he's right, except for led, and rage.

Nope. Pearl jam isn't getting old thou

Big penis is better.

Is *

Real big penis?

The exact same thing happened with Rhonda Rousey in the UFC. She wasn't the best, and many other fighters already did what she did better, namely Amanda Nunes, yet due to the exposure she got she was seen as this massively great success when in reality she could never be the best and after she failed an overhyped fight she quit.
Back to Nirvana, they were not that bad, but they were not anything special in any way and the overexposure of the band led to their bullshit popularity in comparison to much better bands like you said with Alice in Chains.

Beatles led Zeppelin pink floyd rolling stone Guns n roses Cypress hill Rihana to name a few

Megadeth is still better than Metallica

Not only do they actually sing but they all aged like a fine wine.

Haha i can name 40 great Metallica songs maybe 3 for Megadeath

I heard their immune to penicillin

These no-talent assclowns.

Attached: ramones.jpg (980x653, 103K)

Pleb. Their guitar is simple compared to Dave

Im not even a fan of their music but I too have been to one of their concerts and had a great time.

The Serlings

Attached: F0DCE527-7CE3-4C64-8E5F-53A38A5E0FA0.jpg (512x512, 104K)

You can't even spell megadeth right

Just cause you don’t like them means they are terrible.
I don’t lie them either, but they are a bad ass band.
I also don’t like Prince, but he has a bad ass band.

Just cause you don’t like something doesn’t mean they suck

They were good when the band was just dave.

Fake and gay.

Ok? Getting shot is better than being poisoned.

Maybe a little bias here. A guy I tried to make music with loved him and personal shizz between us creatively just ruined me for him. Love ween so listening to him seemed likely but c’mon, being a famous indie artist is kinda contradictory.

Attached: 9D7BE300-E11E-46B9-BA3E-E3401011BC49.jpg (2500x1666, 1.31M)

metallica

Dave got style but he was better with metallica there's always something missing in his song a little Oompf if you know what i mean

I bet 1/3 of them have Dave as a writing credit

Lol im so dyslexic that im happy that i got metallica right this time always forget that there's to LL

jfc were all of their mothers alcoholics?? that's a serious concentration of fetal alcohol syndrome faces seldom seen outside of appalachia, yet they're from the UK

Oh man you are so fucking high! THIS was a band.

Maybe 1/5, Dave is great not megadeath

At least dude on the left looks ok, but holy shit at the rest

DSO has got reaaaally full of themselves. JRAD kicks their ass, anyway.

I might go to MPP. Not sure I like the renovation, though.

lamb of god
soil
disturbed

Attached: THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST.jpg (480x360, 12K)

The first self-titled album is the ultimate best. That's really all I like from them and only Dave recorded it.

Attached: 6365656942.jpg (2308x1616, 153K)

This douchebag is way overrated. Just shitty barre chords through a cranked chorus pedal and poorly mic'd drums through a Roland Space Echo. Add Polaroids and vintage filters = PROFIT!?!?!?!

This is it. Back when everyone watched SNL, their performance of SLTS instantly catapulted them and blew everyone's mind. Most people had never heard a sound like them. Most people had no concept of the Seattle sound of the mid to late 80s, and Nirvana brought it to the world

Fucking THIS.
Tool fans make me hate that band even more than I already do. Pretentious egotistical bullshit.

Half those aren't even rated, let alone overrated

FUCK U2. Fuck their parents, fuck their pets. FUCK no.
Fuck Rolling Stone magazine for promoting them as if they were the re-invention of the wheel. Fuck their image consultants. Fuck the producers who thought it was a good idea to press "record."
FUCK U2.
>fuck

Saying a band is overrated most means you like them less than other people do, and it’s a lame and lazy criticism of something just because it’s vaguely popular.

Calling something overrated just means you’re a boring and unimaginative fuckwit without a proper opinion.

Now fuck off

I used "pretentious egotistical bullshit" too early. Perfect description for this dickhead.

Yeah, a generic phrase like that is utter cringe and you probably use it every 2nd day

>>is literally unable to comprehend musically the difference between any of the music of these bands