Ask a diver

Ask a diver

Attached: IMG_0305.jpg (1200x1600, 525K)

A diver please

A diver

do you get paid? do you have crippling identity issues and seek something, anything to refer to yourself as to others thinking they will respect you?

I make good money, and yeah pretty much. I was in the marines before diving.

How far are you going under. And how far does the tank and suit allow you to go under. And you just swim up like normal right?

Are you a holy diver?

205ft, the tank is just backup, primary air is surface supplied, so unlimited air. It all depends on the job, sometimes i swim, sometimes i need to be hoisted up due to a heavy weight belt.

Yes, down too long in the midnight sea

Ever get the Benz?

Yeah, i have alot of scar tissue in my shoulder, i have nitrogen bubbles localize there

Not as far as I was hoping. Righty oh, thanks. Next question. How far can you swim on the backup tank. say could you swim perhaps 4 or more miles and how many

Attached: 7760342984.jpg (2308x1616, 153K)

There is a lot to that question. The simple answer is you got about 20 minutes in your bailout tank.

Damn how long do you have to spend in the decomp tank?

If you die down there. How will they know. Will you float to the surface.

Haha i didn't. I just breathed o2 and relaxed

I'm a commercial diver, we have an umbilical that goes to the surface, so they could just drag my dead ass to the surface

Also we have comms with the surface so they would hear you die

Has the dive computer replaced the wristwatch? Do you wear a dive watch?

In scuba, pretty much. I'm a commercial diver so the supervisor tracks your time and depth and tells you what to do.

You can see the umbilical in this pic.

Attached: 168_1512623284487.jpg (600x800, 169K)

Ever find/see creepy shit underwater?

You made it to the top. I'll punish 3 criminals today OP.

What's the deepest you've ever been?

I have my rec divers license but I've never gone past 60 feet

Ever find any bodies?

GatorsRad205ftNah, my homie has tho

Right on man. I was a scuba instructor for a while, but i went commercial for the munnys

I can't say I've ever really enjoyed it. I got the course for christmas one year and I've only done it a couple times.

It's just all that equipment, worrying about your time, worrying about your depth, where's my diving buddy etc.

I'm sure I would enjoy it more if I went more but for what it's worth I almost prefer snorkeling.

Do you ever have to swim around underwater giant structures like pic related. It's almost hard for me to breath just looking at that picture it stresses me out so much.

Also, biggest fish you've seen? And have you ever been scared when you saw a big creature underwater?

Oops, pic related

Attached: d7989a_b913459d8d9e429fbe04eb67c1a60719_mv2.jpg (626x612, 46K)

The scariest part for me (not OP) is being completely surrounded in dark blue. No up, no down, nothing at all. Just have to trust your instruments.

I can dig it, i still scuba for fun tho

What's the farthest you've ever dived user?

Yeah man, that's my job. Dams, ships, piles, and like 90% of my dives are in complete black water

How do I learn to look underwater? I never did it naturally so it hurts really fucking bad when I try to.

I've grabbed alligators in black water, that shit sucks. Sharks are not a problem.

205ft

I do most my work in black water, i just feel around

What the fuck that is nightmare fuel. You deserve to be paid more than you are rn

>It's just all that equipment, worrying about your time, worrying about your depth, where's my diving buddy etc.
Once you get more comfortable with it, all that anxiety goes away, and it becomes much more fun. You have to have a dive buddy you really trust to get there.

Yeah, more money would be rad

I always thought that you can just kind of feel which way is up? That's crazy

It's very disorienting. One time the dive master had to grab me by the foot and pull me down because I was floating up and unaware that I was.

Bubbles always go up, so that helps

What do you mean?

He means whichever way bubbles are going is up

I mean just generally speaking, not specifically for OP.
I can't look underwater without goggles.

Ever encountered a shark or something that could easily just completely fuck your day up?

Can't you see my dive helmet?

Big ass gators

Wtf are you supposed to do if a gator attacks you underwater?

My cute ass mug

Attached: imagejpeg_0.jpg (1024x768, 235K)

Try not to die

Why is the pain of birth lighter borne than the pain of death?

Not sure if only Navy divers carry them but dont you have to keep a diving knife with you mandatory just incase some shit like that happens?

Dude, a 10ft gator don't care about a little knife. I carry a knife, but i don't think it would help.

8 inches

Diggin the beard.
> i was in the marines
With a baby face like that? God damn. Idk if I would laugh if I encountered you or shit my pants in fear because anyone going into battle with a mug like that is bloodthirsty and doesnt give a fuck if he dies. Either way, thank you for your service user.

Stab that bastard in the eye. Easier said than done forsure but life or death i would be stabbin that fucker more times than a snitch in prison

Go back to dive school, red hat

Thanks nigga

True, gators are crazy. Could you imagine diving with 25ft salt water croks in strila

Jokes on you, I'm inland

So, how many muffs you've dived?

can you explain to the folks what a diver is?

how many times have you almost died underwater? greentext?

Construction and inspection work underwater. "Underwater welder"

Obviously. Your got a company hat in your hand and a janky ass dive site behind you. Quit taking pictures and get your ass back in the water

No problem my dude.
Hell no man fuck that. Ive heard stories about those motherfuckers. Salt crocs are NOT to be fucked with straight up lol

Nigger, that's my 37, fuck off

Is it possible to become one of those without a GED or Diploma?

Either way. Get back to work. Are y’all doing aeration tower inspections in that reservoir?

Down time lol, damn repairs

Most dive schools need a ged i think, check em out

did you ever feel drunk because you were diving too deep or fast idk what's causing it?

I definitely will. Just to be sure I gotta get that GED first.

Only if you dive deep. Nitrogen narcosis

Do you think KirbyMorgan is best helmet?

Did you dive in the asshole?

Attached: 1.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Fuck yes, every diver can agree to that

Kirby is the best. OP ever had a roach in your hat?

I love my 37, but if it breaths, has comms, protects your melon, and you like it its a good helmet

Yup... its pretty cool

Fuck yes

What does roach in your hat mean? Like cockroach or is roach a diver slang?

No, i had an actual fucking roach in my helmet. It was gay

Shit son. Did you hear it hissing when you got out of water?

Nah, it was just a little german cockroach

Attached: 37BB0D9F-B55E-439B-97D9-4156DAA71C63.jpg (3024x3024, 1.98M)

Ah okay

Noice

Do you do any diving for fish or just for work?

OP is a bad ass tech diver

Work

Was it a gay roach? Did you ask it when it came out of the closet?

HOLY DIVER

It was gayer than 9 guys fucking 8 guys eating 5 guys burgers