Most individuals cope with the fear of death by embracing their cultural worldview, their self-esteem...

most individuals cope with the fear of death by embracing their cultural worldview, their self-esteem, and their personal relationships.

these are inherently fragile and fleeting, but provide comfort from the inescapable threat of death. by ascribing meaning to one's life, death is at least more tolerable.

how do you deal with the awareness that your death is inevitable?

Attached: vangogh.jpg (1024x1357, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fcPWU59Luoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's reassuring, i wish i could fucking die right now

Attached: 1542144623952.jpg (551x363, 21K)

Nihilism. Nothing but drugs, alcohol, and as much sex as I can have. The end is inevitable, and I plan do be high as fuck when I go

I know that it will happen one day and on this day the pain will fade along anything else.
I'm neutral toward it, neither afraid or welcoming. But I see it more as a delivrance than an abrupt ending.

Attached: 1550493898536.jpg (500x503, 80K)

Scared of the unknown. Manly, I say I'm spiritual but I honestly don't know. But it's okay because I would be bored if I lived forever. ^_^

Thanks Ashley. Good post

Where did you get that image, my uncle gave me a cigerette holder with that same one?

It's a van gogh painting

it's easy to say that, but life is addictive. when the end is far away, it's not so hard to say you've accepted it. it takes lot of willpower to pour what little is left of your cup out onto the floor if you like how it tastes.

Easy faggot. You’re not scared of sleeping. Why? Because you have relative confidence that you’ll wake up, having fallen asleep in a safe place. If you can extend this same notion of safety to all life, then you can find resolve in your passing knowing all life is safe.

All that’s left is to extend your notion of “self” to encompass reality in its entirety; the universe, in fact, and to realize that the universe is composed of you as much as you are composed of it. And from this, you can conclude that “organic” and “life” are just made up words to make ourselves feel more unique than we are circumstantial. A diamond is held sacred by the living; how would this fact not constitute its organic nature?

The universe itself is either all living or all dead: organic or inorganic; chaos or order. Either way, as long as you have faith that you are a component in this reality, the reverberations of your existence will ripple outward forever (depending on your interpretation of thermodynamics)

Dubs tho

Attached: 13EDFD47-B365-429A-BCEA-837DC2124654.jpg (1280x960, 253K)

I had a crazy dream a couple months ago. I was at a party at my friend's place. A guy came in with a shotgun and started shooting. I got hit first. I remember that it didn't hurt, but there was this crazy pressure on my face and body and I couldn't see.

I woke up and everyone around me was dead. I was bleeding profusely. I called 911 and said there was a shooting and that a lot of people were dead. I remember feeling extremely lightheaded and the world was growing increasingly white, all the lights were blown out. At one point, I let the phone fall and laid back. I was so tired. I laid there, having trouble thinking, looking at the world as it all grew more and more white and hard to see.

Then, suddenly, I was walking down the street in a different dream. I realized that this is what death is like. It's like that moment between these two dreams. I was there, talking on the phone, I laid back, and that was it. That moment between the two dreams is what death is like. Absolute nothingness. You don't even notice when it happens. It's like falling asleep, but forever.

I dunno. This is when I truly understood and accepted death. I'm not afraid anymore. It's just that moment between dreams.

i understand what you are saying but the way you have said it i don't agree with.

it's not a "one or the other". it's not all living or all dead, all chaos or all order. they are not even two sides of the same coin, it's all one thing. a cat isn't "head-body-tail" it's all one thing that is a cat. they come together. life implies death and death implies life. there is no "always on", there is always a comparable "off".

as an individual, you are no more distinct and separate from the universe you inhabit than a cell is distinct from you. it's all the same, and it's all you.

youtu.be/fcPWU59Luoc

You may not grasp what I’m implying in its entirety. Simply put, you either assume one arbitrary set of beliefs or another set of arbitrary beliefs. “Chaos” and “order” are relative just as “tail” and “head” are relative. Point being that although there are objective truths to our understanding of the universe, these objective truths are only relative to our perception and limited “vessels”. Basically I mean that the universe don’t give a fuck about you or your so called “conscience” any more than it gives a fuck about letting crystals grow in a caldera. And you can either bitch and moan and try to trick yourself into thinking that “you” are profoundly exceptional, or agree with the universe that nothing really matters except orderly patterns, and come to appreciate being part of an existential pattern yourself, instead of holding on to some notion of your own divinity. Death may be the end of “you” but only if you allow death to define the actual word “you”

i'd abstract it differently but we're arguing from the same position.

your life as an individual is finite, and the universe in which you inhabit will dim and cool and die eventually. even if your body could live forever, the universe would die around you. whether you live for a moment or a billion years, both are effectively zero compared to the infinite.

you can't know of an afterlife or the lack of one, and it's not worth worrying about in either case. believe exactly what you want to believe, so long as it makes you comfortable.

we are in this sandbox, and we were given no instructions, no rules. we are finding them out over time but the boundaries aren't explicit. we have come up with them ourselves. every answer to every question has come from us, and every theoretical limitation is no more set in stone than the words that define it.

this.

Attached: J&J_Precision_Bass_“Roi_du_Soleil”_(JJ004).jpg (2848x4288, 896K)

I've accepted death and I'm welcoming towards it, like I don't think anyone should be afraid to die because it's natural. I'm enjoying my life as much as possible, I'm not worried about an afterlife because it's what I do now that matters.

Plan for it.
Accept it, it's not something to be feared. We're so removed from death in modern society, it's ridiculous. I some understand it. We don't even care for our dead loved ones anymore. We pay strangers to do it.
Plan your funeral. Be a part of caring for your dead family members. Stop treating it like it's some taboo shit. It's not. It's the most normal thing a person can do.

>how do you deal with the awareness that your death is inevitable?

I couldn't care less

Nihilism.

Attached: tumblr_ntdxxvsROi1udq9zao1_1280.png (889x592, 289K)

i agree that we are very insulated from death as a society, and it's a bad thing.