Hey anons, my life just came crashing down without my doing and I've no idea what to do here in New York

Hey anons, my life just came crashing down without my doing and I've no idea what to do here in New York.
So a feels and life advice thread for the slow lads
Don't know which of you are up. Probably only the useless advice ones, but it's fine.
>Be me
>19
>live at me dad's
>work at local dive bar
>do not make any fucking money for 8+ hours/day
>idea.png
>quit
>now we can do something fulfilling
>play League of Legends for a year straight
>life is stagnate, "at least it's what I want for now haha"
>my mom fled the country to cheat on my dad 2 years ago and they separated
>my dad brings her back into the country, into our home, with me and my sister pack all our shit and leave
Here I am living on my brother's couch in New York City, forced away from my friends (and family) with no job or ambition for a year
What to do sadfriends?

Attached: 1490159397299.gif (312x253, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com\invite\nSFBeKb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

git gud lol

get a job. Not even baiting, finding a job is always the first step towards working something out. Money=possibilities=happiness=ambition.

Of course ya, but what sort of things can I do at entry level to make worth of it? I tried restaurants, an ok success, but I'd like to see if there are nicer industries to get into

the only place that will pay higher for a low level job is a factory. Just budget your money right and you can make it work with a restaurant job. Find a place where you can make progress, something that you can make a career out of.

Fuck, plus now I'm in NYC so restaurants probably average a lot more here.
Thanks for the free advice sucker. Haaha. Now I don't have to pay you

Attached: 20170827_190909.jpg (590x319, 98K)

i actually have a factory job and it's not that bad, you can mostly just doze off and people don't bother you much, it does put strain on the body, but at least it's free exercise am i right?

Do some green dragons like the Venezuelan gods

What's the pay like mate? Although, not sure I'll be looking into it as much here in the big city

Is this a euphemism or something?

Runescape

Ah. Never got around to it

above average, i think in your currency it would be like 700 dollars, all tho i'm not sure about your averages and shit.

Think you're looking at this wrong OP. You have an opportunity to live in NYC for free right now. Maybe the universe was just pushing you in this direction or some sappy shit like that. Just find a job and get some structure in your life. What does your brother do? Having stayed there mysel, I can tell you NY isn't a cheap place to live and he can help look after you? Shit ask him.

Why

get a job at a cafe, be a barista or whatever man. The first step to get out of depression is to get out of the house. I know, I've been there.

Not your woman, not your problem. You weren’t forced out lol. You ran away to give her the cold shoulder treatment.

Assuming you actually had a decent relationship with her for like 17 years, and you don’t have much younger siblings who she also abandoned, I mean,.... You could do worse than a mom who ditches a kid when they’re 17. It’s pretty fucked up and you’re totally allowed to remind her of it a few times, but I say fuck it. You’re old enough to not give a shit about your parents love life, and you’ll probably make it harder for your dad to suss her out if you’re constantly hating her and punishing her. I say feel free to be mad at her for leaving YOU, but the rest is better if left out of sight and out of mind.

Also stay out of the house for like 2 weeks. That’s more than enough time for two old cunts to work out their pent up sexual energy and sappy feelings about a rekindled romance. Once that’s gone, shit will start to get real. Whether that’s good or bad, only time will tell. Plus, if your dad is a real schmuck, he might need somebody to remind him that she’s bad for him. ...or keep reminding him, if that’s the case.

Real life advice, I'm 21, went through this kind of a phase at 19, I was unemployed living with my father.

Step 1. You need to score some kind of living wage, I would give or take 14.00$ hourly at your age would do.

Step 2. You need a confidence booster that isn't video games and living in a loop.

Step 3. Being on your own will give you time to find yourself and your hobbies, find what you love and go tunnel vision. Something that is fufilling and doesn't just take up your time like videogames.

Try going to a gym and just working out, change your diet up, get fit, love yourself all over again. It's been a great self esteem booster for me and helped me kick off my life. I also resell on ebay, I'm into vintage clothing and games. So I flip them, play them, wear them, and just enjoy my life. Save up, take a vacation. Live your life freely instead of cooped up.

if you see this OP Like I said, I'm two years older and went through a similar patch. If you'd like I can drop my discord in here and invite you to our bodybuilding server. Tons of help and advice there too. I think it would be a giant game changer for you.

This. If you can work something out with your parents or even your brother and get a job, live with them for free and start saving for a cheap community college education near you. Yeah it'll suck and you wont ever make Ivy grad salaries but it will be leagues better than doing anything unskilled. Do some research and find out what jobs are really in demand in your state and then enroll for that. In 2 years you'll have at least some experience and post secondary qualifications to add to a resume and you'll have no problem finding a job that will most likely make alot more than working at a restaurant or factory. If you dont have all your high school done get a GED first at an adult learning centre. As much as people complain about lack of opportunity after post secondary it's a far better spot to be in than what you are in now, and going to social environments like schools/colleges can get you friends and relationships, which is also better than sitting in an apartment playing league all day.

why not get a Job that offers TA and kill two birds with one stone.

Get a job as a bartender or waiting tables. You'll get to meet new people and you can make a killing with tips. I hear metro workers like bus drivers do well too or see about getting a dock job

>be 28
>going to a restaurant
>ordering a pizza pie
>i said no ansjovis wtf
>girl says sorry i say is ok
>eat pizza pie while lying
>go outside wait till restaurant closes
>walk up to girl call her a bitch
>yelling I SAID NO ANSJOVIS CUNT
>punch her repeatedly in the left eye
>shit stars bleeding she yells "whyyyy whyyyyy"
>take her head and place it above my cock
>let blood pour on cock
>shove it in her mouth NOW SUCK IT
>manager comes out yells WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING
>grab my pistol and blast him twice
>then blast girl in skull with my cock inside her mouth
>let blood pour all over my cock
>feels good man
>escape and go home
>masturbate with her blood still on my cock

Of course that's a great option if you can manage it. My point still remains that OP should look to expand his education if he wants a way to improve his life with minimal chances of failure.

Should take advantage
Too "busy" trying to ranked in LoL
Thanks so much. It is tough
I tried to spare you guys the full details, but for the most part I think I'll be staying away from the nutters longer than that. It's not even having to reconcile with my mother after having no contact for 2 years. It's more that my dad decided this fully on his own without letting anyone know until it was done. It just kind of fucked over everyone in the house, my sister more than me. My best friend got back on the same day from basic training and he only had a week back. I got to spend 3 hours with him before leaving now I'm not going to see him the rest of the year.
What do you recommend for step 2? Also, step 3 I'm not on my own right now and I'm wondering what hobbies are ok if not videogames

Attached: tumblr_mjc3twoTFR1qjhlhko1_500.jpg (500x375, 86K)

Why the FUCK haven't you joined this server yet?
YOU fAt SanD NiGgEr
We got 60 bilion traps JoIn Us
discordapp.com\invite\nSFBeKb
GO GO G(nigger)O

-ulq

I'd appreciate the discord, but I wouldn't get active on it just yet

Good ideas and nice covering bases there
TA??

League is normie tier + you can play game aswell as rs at same time if 2 monitor I do all the time

Thanks, that post came from my personal experience as that's the route I took and it rewarded me immensely. Now I live on my own with a gf and make 80k+ a year and vacation often.

What do you do?

T.A. is tuition assistance, part of your schooling is paid for by the company.

If Videogames are that step two for you, then by all means go for it, but if you're not aiming to go pro, then leave it as a hobby. Think about hoe many hours are put into a game that does nothing for you, except pre-occupy your time.

Personally I'll reccomend a gym membership, because it's not an easy task. There's a legitmate factor of self love and commitment to it, that you don't get anywhere else.

That random cunt can eat it with the mocking of the discord, but it's a good start when you don't know what you're doing. Plus with fitness if you like videogames you can stack it into yoir day still. It will give you some outdoor time though, endorphin kicks, and just something overall to set a goal at.

I've seen a lot of friends get out of tight ruts doing it, a new life starts by having a new life. I'd place my life savings on weight lifting to help you achive goals, because it will honestly teach you dicipline, hard work, and commitment to whatever else you will do.

Self affirmations are great as well for your psyche.

I wont elaborate much on it here, but it's a government job in the field of security. I also am canadian and i know that the opportunity I personally took doesnt exist in the US. However this is by far not the only route. I know dozens of people who went to school with me got trade apprenticeships and immediately made almost as much as I do, and when they got certified they easily surpassed my income. If you want to really do well out of community college go for a skilled trade like carpentry, electrical, hvac, hell even plumbing - you'd be astounded at how much they make.

Dude, you are at rock bottom with nothing but a free place to stay in NYC. You have an opportunity to do whatever you want. It’s NYC. Follow in the long line of those who went from nothing to everything NY style.