Thinking about converting to atheism

Thinking about converting to atheism.

Attached: militant-atheists-cp-200x184.jpg (200x184, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4MOZa8QGsOo
discordapp.com\invite\nSFBeKb
britannica.com/topic/atheism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So it's a decision you're making?

That means you're not REALLY an atheist.

amen, brother!

if you believed in anything before, you were an idiot and if you think this move is any better, you're still an idiot. no matter what you do, it will be wrong.

It literally takes more "faith" to be an atheist than agnostic. Change my mind.

Attached: AnonsBait.png (600x353, 70K)

it was wrong of you to post that

It's really not something you convert to. There are some atheistic philosophies like secular humanism and atheistic Satanism, but those are for moralfags and larpers. Other than that, being an atheist is unsurprisingly low effort. Just don't believe in God and continue on your life as normal

>Obvious bait is bait.

Then you will rot in hell eternally. Let Jesus brighten up your life and spread the message of Jesus.

Become a Jew instead, trust me it's great ;)

Attached: 1554104006824.jpg (600x375, 19K)

With no possibility of being gassed? Shot? Starved to death? Burned alive?

Caveman think right here.

Attached: Dare2BStupid.jpg (992x472, 118K)

I guess you're right, atheism compared to being agnostic comes with a level of certainty that there is no "god" or higher powers at work, a belief that you are intelligent enough to understand how the universe really works.

it's very late

You don't really "convert" to Atheism, because it's not really an organisation with rituals or temples. You just "wake up" from all the bullshit fairy tales people try to control your life and actions with.

Join us friend, you can always go back to sleep when you get tired.

Attached: 1407712167550.jpg (242x286, 66K)

i already am an atheist,

god is a myth, the bible is fiction and religion is bullshit

the science of biology and evolution disproved the creation story of the bible which means adam & eve never existed, which means eve never ate any forbidden fruit which means no original sin which means jesus dying on the cross for sin is a myth,

science did not set out to disprove the bible, science only searches for facts and truth, disproving the bible was just a side effect of that

bait right here

False
The difference between agnosticism and atheism is that an agnostic thinks that we CANNOT know that a God exists, that the answer is unknowable, while an atheist has not been convinced/does not believe that a God exists.

ONLY GOD CAN REDEEM YOU

I'm not a coupon

even though i am an atheist i will say this from my agnostic side::

if there is a god (which i doubt) then all of man's religions have it completely wrong, because the real world does not match up to what the bible or koran says, same with the hindus they are even more wacky than the jews, christians & muslims

A (without) + theism (belief in a god) = without belief in a god. An atheist is one who does not believe in the existence of a god(s).
Atheism is not even a category. It is the exclusion of a single category, theism. Meaning that someone who is not a theist, is an atheist. The only way to exclude yourself from atheism, is to believe in a god.

Agnosticism is a totally irrelevant term and should not be used in these conversations at all as all it does is confuse people, let me explain.
A (without) + gnostic (absolute certainty) = without absolute certainty. EVERY sane person would agree that they cannot obtain absolute certainty making EVERY sane person an agnostic which is NOT mutually exclusive with theism OR atheism, i for example am an agnostic atheist meaning i do not believe in a god but i would not claim to know there is no god, hell if someone made the claim "there is no god" i would not believe that either, but thats a whole other story because thats about anti-theism.

Got it?

Attached: agnostic.jpg (600x700, 116K)

So you can label yourself better in order to allow companies to sell you more shit.
Drown in your cesspool, murilard.

Attached: 1556603259733.jpg (500x334, 63K)

Someone can be an agnostic theist.

Thank god someone else understands

you are not alone.

Attached: Typical atheist.png (1020x700, 37K)

>this fucker doesn't know he is on Yea Forums
let me help you with that...

Attached: ForYou.png (2600x2088, 1024K)

>science disproves Christianity therefore every religion is bullshit and there is no way any sort of higher being exists
Straight ignorance. Do some thinking and some research for yourself before making such bold statements

look out for people who smoke, they got lighters and that strawman is VERY flammable.

What did you said ugly neckbeard ? Perhaps you wanted to sound smart like all of you fags, but i don't blame you. Ya'll are just robots

been on Yea Forums since 2006, what rule did i break?
argued with trolls? thats debatable, but dude i love arguing with trolls.

i tried to be funny, but i wasnt expecting you to understand the joke.

Hahaha, good troll roll, Mr. Dole. Now how about some coal for my foal.

Attached: BreakingTheVoid.gif (500x400, 241K)

even the most faithful christians, jews & muslims are agnostic, they dont know if god exists, but they have convinced themselves there is, there is absolutely no evidence of any god existing, none whatsoever

Again trying to sound smart. No wonder why nobody takes you and your brothers in autism seriously

>Yea Forums - Random
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Damn son. You are a true autistic. Award for you.

Attached: 1512365863698.gif (500x337, 688K)

>muslim that blow himself up is a supposed to be a agnostic any way
Lol

thats not even the same person...
calm down, you are trying a little too hard there.

Of course God is real. Of course every religion has it wrong.

Think of it this way. Suppose YOU were God. You understand the nature of your creation. Man lies. Man seeks power for himself and not others. Your goal (point of this game anyways) is to get man to not lie or gain power over others. How would you do this? Only speak to ONE of the people who figured out how to hear more than their own thoughts? Your message would never get across because who among the people he tells would be able to discern between your words and his?

Makes more sense to leave your message with as many liars as possible since everyone would tell different lies to get different things.

This is why there are SO MANY wildly different religions with so many wild ideas and stories and yet a few common messages.

Love yourself. Forgive others. Feel bad when you do wrong and try harder next time.

Basically... Above all else... Don't be a dick. Now gimme five bucks for having had to tell you that, idiot.

Sound familiar?

wait, did you just tell me not to take anything here as a fact while taking what i said as a fact?

also i prefer the term acoustic.

There is absolutely no evidence of any alien life forms existing, none whatsoever. It would be retarded to believe there was something else out there wouldn’t it?

I'm not even a bit angry. But when i will be i will calm down when i want. Understood ?

*click!
This is my auto response service
It seems you are trying to troll me specifically.
You may think I give two flying shits but I don't
This is the ONLY message from me you will be getting. Have a super OP-is-a-fag day.

Attached: ButUDidn't.gif (540x303, 1.83M)

Don't try to understand neckbeards friend. They are all just robots, repeating all that what their libtard "speakers" and "thinkers" spit

>damn son...

Attached: Boxxy.png (866x1019, 156K)

Awww, you are crying or what ? I bet you are shaking right now. I can see that by the way you type

I'll spread JC's ass cheeks.

i wasnt saying you are angry, what i ment was that you dont want to try that hard because then it becomes obvious that you are just trolling.

>Understood?
I do not stand under you. I don't even stand beside you. Don't suggest you are not mad and then ask to have anyone stand under you. That is just foul.

Attached: humans-ancient-aliens-guy.jpg (500x413, 27K)

You don't convert to atheism. You just stop giving a fuck about God and carry on with your life and try not to be a douche about it.

Nice sayings kid. Where did you copied from ? Maybe wikiquotes or something. They are so flat and basic

>what did you said

shut the fuck up

I'm an acoustic altoid.

dont try to understand religious nuts, they just barf up the crap their religious leaders have brainwashed them with

don't be an atheist, find your own way. your own beliefs, ethics and values are of more value than any ism. and besides, why be an atheist when it's the easiest religion to troll.

Attached: D5n_rslWAAA84HF.jpg (2863x1830, 754K)

And they're not mutually exclusive.

Microsoft tech support (or Mexican/South American) detected

It won't be easy, user. I've lost friends when they found out and some even left crying trying to argue when I just wanted to not believe and let believe. It will hurt when the people around you would choose someone as real as santa to me than a friend or worse yet, a son.

If they're not willing to accept your opinions, yet demand you accept theirs, then they're not really worth having around as friends or family.

True, but their beliefs do that to them, I just hate them.

No, their religious beliefs don't do that. Their choices and their personalities do that. Even where religions require shunning etc, it's ultimately their choice to do so.
Hatred is usually a waste of energy and leads to bad decisions btw.

What research did you do besides reading what someone told you?

That is not "converting". It's called denial.

Nihilism blackpilled bro here. We are nothing more than momentary sparks in an uncaring universe and nothing we do has any consequence. ama.

Attached: 9E90F2A9-11B9-4B24-9B04-CB842F11C81E.jpg (959x1024, 211K)

They're afraid of hell and similar threats, you can't choose what you believe anyway and they just wanted to try "saving" me? I think. You're right though, user.

You just described atheism

yeah, everyone hates agnostics because it's so logical

im a nihilist too, but im not sure you should live your life that way, instead of focusing on nothing mattering you should focus on things that matter to YOU, ie family, friends, hobbies etc.
Humanity will eventually die but you might aswell help make it a little more fun or last a little longer.

Yeah. The way I see it at least, there are a few different blends of nihilism, and a few common things people do once they “pull back the curtain” that covers the void. You can either

1.) kill yourself
2.) attempt to recover the curtain and distract yourself endlessly until you die, or
3.) live with the knowledge and carve your own path.

I just describe it that way to sound edgy. But once you pull back the curtain, you’re fucked and there is no coming back

you don't convert to atheism
the moment you lose your faith in god, you become an atheist
it's not a decision you make

never considered suicide and never tried to fool myself into going back, so i guess im the third option on your "list". i wouldnt consider myself "fucked" either, your attitude in life is super important, there are miserable people who have a lot more than i do and are not nihilists and there are nihilistic people who have it much worse than i do but are still relatively happy.

Some people consider the complete and total meaninglessness that comes with nihilism depressing. But some people, like you and me, can see the lack of consequence as incredibly freeing. Nihilism doesn't have to be depressing.

True

How can you convert to nothing?

The same can be said about converting to any belief

>r/im14andthisisdeep

Attached: 7439B1B8-C249-498C-8E06-E78FE3014CC8.jpg (257x338, 24K)

would you not agree that just deciding something and then looking for evidence for it a totally wrong way of doing it?
about as wrong as just deciding something without looking for evidence at all and almost as bad as just deciding something despite contradicting evidence.

>all religions have it wrong
I would agree and disagree. As far as taking stories of resurrections and worldwide floods literally then yes I think that is false. However I think wisdom lies in these belief system that makes more sense as you age.

The universal aspects between all or most religions/philosophies is what I try to live by. For instance self indulgence can be fatal for people like me and I have found massive freedom through doing things that I’m the front end seem like a sacrifice. I think humans were “designed” to live a certain way and the commonalities in religions/philosophies point the way to that plan for living.

Some people scoff at this. I think they sometimes they do because they reject the idea of giving up things they think they need but actually weigh them down. I also think some people live more in harmony with their true selves more naturally and don’t understand that others don’t and need more direction to do so.

the things religions got right are not right because they are in a book like bible, they are just right.
you are cherry picking.

>semantics: the post

people really struggle with semantics and if we dont agree on the definition of words we might aswell be speaking 2 different languages.

Atheists dont have any arguments against religions teaching people how to be kinder and better. Atheists tend to be good people, just like anyone who follows a religion. We just take offense to the supernatural bullshit that people eat up in the name of Skydaddy.

Not one part of that justifies belief in a sky God nobody can prove exists and a value system promoted almost exclusively at this point by extremist terrorists on both sides using the same book. Whereas one shred of credible evidence of anything supernatural would collapse atheism forever.

Kek what bullshit, trying to make atheist seem like anything but douchebags. If atheist went around like that they would start with insults and never get any further.

youtu.be/4MOZa8QGsOo

No need to co vert to...
Just stop being a ...
Atheists don't care, we don't want to stop others believing in "beings" who don't REALLY care, we just dont ruled by people who do.

I think it's just because you tend to notice the assholes more than the people who mind their own business. Most atheists are good people, and not the type of "better than you" douchebag that I think you're referring to.

I know far more cool atheists than fedora tipping assholes.

Attached: 1557166991378.jpg (994x1200, 77K)

Shit sales pitch...

"would cripple atheism forever"
You know that there are atheists who believe in the supernatural? Atheism is only in regards to one proposition, and that's the claim that a God exists.

>believing there could be life on other planets and our lack of proof proves nothing either way
>religious
You’re the kind of person who, deep down, believes whole heartedly in God but tries to reject it cuz you think he is a dick who hates you and will cast you into hell or screw you while you’re alive. You hate yourself so it’s a natural assumption that he would hate you to. I have no idea if there is a god or how it feels about you. I just know how you feel about yourself.

Give me an example of an atheist believing in the supernatural. Because rejecting the supernatural is kind of their whole thing.

>would you not agree that just deciding something and then looking for evidence for it a totally wrong way of doing it?
I would say this is the human condition boiled down to a single, concise statement. The trick is for me at least, to understand this and do my best to awaken to the true nature of reality. It’s continuous practice and is life long.

>cherry picking
Do you not try to find value in all things?
>the Bible
I said all religions and philosophies and you say the Bible. Who exactly is cherry picking here??
I’m not religious in any way and I didn’t say anything about atheists. You’re very angry friend.
>skydaddy
I don’t have a particular belief in god and I said philosophies as well. Again your anger clouds you.
>skydaddy
Point to the part of my post I said I believe in god. You are also very angry.

Well my buddy that I'm very close with firmly believes that there's good reason to believe in ghosts.
But you're talking about strawman atheism. I would PREFER that all atheists firmly denied the supernatural, but this is more of a trait that is found in SKEPTICS, not atheists. While many atheists are skeptics, not all are, and they're not mutually exclusive. Rejecting the supernatural isn't their thing. Rejecting the god hypothesis is their thing. There are a lot who reject the god hypothesis based on the fact that they don't accept supernatural explanations for things, but, again, that's based in skepticism. Which, as I've already stated, is not mutually exclusive to atheism.

>value system promoted almost exclusively at this point by extremist terrorists on both sides
>TIL almost everyone who is religious is a terrorist
>not even understanding something so simple as the definition of extremism
If I train diligently can I also learn to become flexible enough to shove my head up my ass?

You know what that was actually a very well written and logical post. I appreciate you and I am very surprised.

i used bible as an example, do specify what religions/philosophies you follow so i dont have to guess.

Also try not to accuse people of being angry, you have no idea how they are feelings and pretending you do makes you look quite dishonest and the way you respond to tone instead of the actual argument makes YOU look angry and imo, a little stupid.

>Well my buddy that I'm very close with firmly believes that there's good reason to believe in ghosts.
Ask him why he excludes gods from existence and not ghosts. I can't be responsible for the opinions of idiots.
I didn't bother to reply, why did you?

>gays should be put to death
>non-believers should be put to death
>women should be silent and subjugated
>slaves should know their place
This is a value system promoted almost exclusively by extremist terrorists, user.

pic related.

Attached: fuck.jpg (472x700, 193K)

I've had that discussion with him and he's fully convinced that there's good reasons to believe in ghosts. Can't seem to convince him otherwise.

>be 28
>going to a restaurant
>ordering a pizza pie
>i said no ansjovis wtf
>girl says sorry i say is ok
>eat pizza pie while lying
>go outside wait till restaurant closes
>walk up to girl call her a bitch
>yelling I SAID NO ANSJOVIS CUNT
>punch her repeatedly in the left eye
>shit stars bleeding she yells "whyyyy whyyyyy"
>take her head and place it above my cock
>let blood pour on cock
>shove it in her mouth NOW SUCK IT
>manager comes out yells WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING
>grab my pistol and blast him twice
>then blast girl in skull with my cock inside her mouth
>let blood pour all over my cock
>feels good man
>escape and go home
>masturbate with her blood still on my cock

Why the FUCK haven't you joined this server yet?
YOU fAt SanD NiGgEr
We got 60 bilion traps JoIn Us
GO GO G(nigger)O

-px

The thing that made me atheist was trying to find an answer for why God, who is supposedly loving, creates so much suffering. I studied even what historical Christians thought about this and it pretty much comes down to blaming free will (which, even if that made sense, wouldn’t account for natural disasters) or admitting that God isn’t omnipotent (which doesn’t make any sense given other claims about his power).

Also American evangelicals and fundies are so aggressively retarded and backwards that I just couldn’t bring myself to be lumped in with them. They’re as bad as screeching SJWs, if not worse, because they want to take people’s rights away.

I tried to sit down and read the Bible cover to cover once. Realized I was completely wasting my time when I read the part in Genesis that claimed earth was originally inhabited by giants.

It's not a conversion you mongoloid. Either you believe in a religion or you don't. It's not a process.

>creates so much suffering
if god exists it gave us free and the ability to think etc will and everything and we need to be happy. its other humans that fuck everything up not god.

I was an atheist but gave it up

No Holidays

Whether or not you are religious is more of a personality trait than anything else. People who are atheists can handle the uncertainty of death. Religious people need to make something up to make death less scary. Hell would be a lot scarier if there was a single scrap of evidence that it existed.

If God exists it created the capacity to suffer and the ability to inflict it.

Hurricanes, earthquakes, and leprosy are not caused by free will. Kids dying from cancer aren’t either. This is where the free-will argument breaks down completely. Although the idea that happiness flows from free will is already very dubious.

Why the FUCK haven't you joined this server yet?
GO GO GO

-crd

your buddy is an idiot, next he will do like the feminists and say "MY atheism is...". things must be properly defined, and atheism is defined as the disbelief in the supernatural, be gods, ghosts, communism or gender ideology. atheists belive only in the NATURAL, they may not know how it works, but they do know is not skydaddy or a collective imaginary friends

>atheism is defined as the disbelief in the supernatural, be gods, ghosts, communism or gender ideology
Nigga no it isn't. Atheism is literally just the lack of belief in gods. The end.

Not everyone is a zoomer faggot

Nah brah, you "convert", atheism is a religion, it's just not as organized as others.

Atheism is a religion like off is a television channel.

britannica.com/topic/atheism

>britannica.com/topic/atheism
>Atheism, in general, the critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or spiritual beings
Yup. Nothing there about the supernatural, communism, or gender ideology.

supernatural = metaphysical
low effort trolling

wrong

Oh so you didn't get to the bit with the incestuous threesomes and rape sacrifices then?

There is no conversion, only trolling on your part.

Well... yes. Hardly anyone is literally atheist. Richard Dawkins is not literally atheist but if he had 2 put his money on it he says there is no God. That's what most people mean when they say they are atheist

I did that once...I was sitting in hommeroom of my freshman year in high school...it was perfect becuae for a brief moment in time I knew fucking EVERYTHING so I didn't need no stinkin god...now I'm not so sure.

Attached: meatbag1.png (435x455, 420K)

I don't believe you exist...

See how easy that was?

>creates so much suffering
What makes you think god cares? I plant a garden and then I cross my fingers, whatever happens happens. If the deer genocide the tomatoes well, it's just a fucking garden...

> Converting to atheïsm

Attached: Boromir113.jpg (800x450, 58K)

>Kids dying from cancer aren’t either.
Weak genes, nature tries to get rid of them doctors think it's cute to defy natural selection. How could you think this works out well...

you don't "convert" to atheism, you just stop practicing rituals and kidding yourself

>Hurricanes, earthquakes,
Let me tell you a story about Knossos, built by the Minoans so long ago Plato and Homer wrote about it being antiquity. When it was excavated it was discovered to be a highly advanced civilization, with multi-storied buildings that had hot AND cold running water...and a script, a written language called linear A I believe...but I digress...the point is, you know what they didn't find under all of the lava and ash? Dead bodies. Even though a volcano had blown apart the Island of Thera (I think it's called Santorini today) nobody was killed, and I believe it is because they weren't fucking stupid, the understood something bad was likely to happen and heeded the warnings. So some of those "natural disasters" are just humans getting in the way of the earth's geological forming. When mother nature tells you to get the fuck out, get the fuck out.

*tips*

I knew an atheist who believes in jinxes. Just because you don't believe in god or gods doesn't mean you aren't still brainwashed by other facets of your culture or fooled by cognitive bias.

You can't "convert" to a disbelief in a something that requires faith.

Remember the burden of proof is on religion. They are the ones making the novel claim.

Attached: thats-here-thats-home-thats-us.jpg (946x444, 136K)

>/thread

People always say that that pic shows how small earth is; but its huge.

Looks pretty fuckin small in the picture

Size is relative. Compared to a human, the earth is huge. Compared to a galaxy, the earth is tiny.

Its not small; its huge; the size of a planet actually.
it's mostly empty space, nothing in it.

The thing is; is that that pic shows how far 4 billion miles is.

Can't believe some people are identifying themselves as nihilistic for stating that a divine master isn't in control of the entire universe. How could you browse Yea Forums and be religious? You've committed a mortal sin just by coming here.

This thread is a monument to human retardation and just how fucked we are in the face of existential crisis. It's 2019 and vast swaths of people still believe in magic and ghosts.

>it's mostly empty space, nothing in it.
Atoms are mostly empty space. What's your point?

Just be agnostic, like me.
No, you're right.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter if a deity exists or not. Go about your shit and don't be a shitty human to other humans. It's really not that hard.

Yes. A planet is big. A galaxy is bigger. This isn't a difficult concept, brainlet.

>it's mostly empty space, nothing in it.
Like most of the people here.

All agnostics are also either theists or atheists.

google relativity you fucking retard

They're neither or both, not one or the other.
There is either a) a god, or gods or b) there isn't.
Agnostics acknowledge both possibilities until such a time there is definitive confirmation of one or the other.

>Atoms are mostly empty space. What's your point?
you cant compare a vacuum to the spaces consisting of an atom.
pretty much.
Thanks for missing my point entirely and the message flew over your head.
>Yes. A planet is big. A galaxy is bigger. This isn't a difficult concept, brainlet.
Yes; size and all, but not my point.
The amount of same-faggotry is sad with you. each of your posts is exactly a minute apart.

You either a) believe in at least one god (theist) or b) you don't (atheist). Whether you acknowledge both as possibilities or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether or not you accept the claim that a god exists.

>you cant compare a vacuum to the spaces consisting of an atom.
I just did.

The thing is, is that a vacuum is devoid of anything for light-years whereas the spaces within a atom are literally the usefully smallest.

That does not change the fact that atoms are mostly empty space.

Yes become an atheist please, we don't want people like you. Stupid fucking nigger kike.

first off; its not the atom that is mostly empty space. What your referring to is the space between the proton-neutron nucleus and the mathematical-defined orbiting electrons; s-p-d orbit clouds representations.

A true vacuum is literally nothing.

the "spaces" within the atom is literally a mathematical representation of whats is actually happening.

>lack of belief requires more belief
Kek@thistard

may the heavens smite your soul back to reality

> its not the atom that is mostly empty space.
If you consider the atom to be the nucleus + atomic orbital, then yes, it is. Only a tiny fraction of that space actually consists of protons, neutrons, and electrons at any given moment.

That shit doesn't happen anymore

It does in the Middle East.

i don't know if there is a god (ok...makes sense)
>but i don't believe it

bullshit the whole point is to keep open ended to the possibility, i neither believe it exists or believe it does not exist, it just may.

Just be a nihilist and be done with it. Life has no inherent meaning. Two people fucked and here you are.

Not believing X exists != Believing X does not exist.

This would be cool if almost everyone's answer is that they won't start becoming an actual skeptic and arguing on both sides of the spectrum. The reason hitchens and dawkins are regarded as 'the smartest' is because they questioned science AND religion

i did it about a year ago

A Vacuum is the absence of ATOMS in a given space.

lemme make it simple for your mindless-endless retorts.

My point is that just like on this site; people complain about literally the nothing between important physical locals.

people gauche about the vast emptiness of the universe and forget that they are on a planet. literally on that picture people do this little bit of arithmetic
the vast empty vacuum of nothing is more than them.
when literally its the opposite. they consist of more material than a vast vacuum.

in short... You are literally better than nothing.

>A Vacuum is the absence of ATOMS in a given space.
You are the only one who has been using the term vacuum.
>people gauche about the vast emptiness of the universe and forget that they are on a planet. literally on that picture people do this little bit of arithmetic
>the vast empty vacuum of nothing is more than them.
What the fuck are you babbling about? The point of that picture is that the earth is tiny in relative comparison.

Shut up nigger

>What the fuck are you babbling about? The point of that picture is that the earth is tiny in relative comparison.

dude... you asked me this...>Atoms are mostly empty space. What's your point?
My point basically boils down to this

>You are literally better than nothing.

it flew over your head again.

>converting
You don't convert to atheism. You just grow up.

The burden of proof is on all sides.
It's a discussion on the nature of reality.
Any claim, including the atheist one needs to be proved.

You're autistic, aren't you? You could have simply said "you are literally better than nothing" at the very start, but instead you wanted to babble. In any case, something being better than nothing is itself a subjective statement.

That's just the thing though, you don't have to make any claims to simply not accept the theistic claim, which is all you need to be an atheist.

no you are probably the babbler since you wanted to go on and on about the empty atom really...

You were the one complaining about it and failing to get to a point.

also to be frank; if you didnt catch the message in all those posts then god help you. you need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

You need to brush up on your communication skills.

dude you are an anonymous user on Yea Forums, this is not reddit, shut up; you dont need to give a fuck about anything.

I'll say what I want, when I want. Deal with it or don't.

No you claim to exist in a reality that contains no God. The other claims to exist in a reality that contains one or more.
You could both be right, but that's another claim that needs proof.
The nature of reality is unknown and probably unknowable.

>No you claim to exist in a reality that contains no God
No, I don't. I simply don't accept the other's claims.

good for you faggot

STOP DERAILING THE THREAD FAGGOTS

This is my phrase of the day. Thank you.

Then you claim to exist in a reality in which the other claims are not valid. It's still a claim.

>science did not set out to disprove the bible, science only searches for facts and truth, disproving the bible was just a side effect of that

Still waiting for this proof

If you want to say that my rejection of the other's claim as unjustified is itself a claim, then that's fine. It's a claim I can justify.

Ok justify it.

Not him, but one example is the story of Jacob. The dude has the sheep fuck in front of peeled branches which gives the offspring spots and streaks. That isn't how biology works.

Sure. Every proof for the claim that God exists is either invalid or has an unjustified premise, hence the claim is unjustified.

Can you stop with the semantic games? Do you really not see that if you have to lie or cheat to prove your point that it invalidates your point?

Ok that's your claim repeated.
But not justified, you have yet to show or prove it to be right or reasonable.

Being the devil's advocate here

The Bible simply records what Jacob did and the result in the flock, with no explanation. How does science disprove anything?

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Do you want me to go through every proposed justification for the claim that God exists and show why it fails?

Because that isn't how it works.

How what works? There's no explanation as to what he did or anything that happened. You can't disprove something without more info.

It says that he had them mate in front of branches, the result of which was offspring with streaks and spots. This is not how biology works.

Absence of faith in an unknowable/unprovable is itself faith that needs justification? You're crazy.

I'm doing neither, or playing games. The nature of reality is unknown. Any claim to explain reality or put form upon it needs to be verified.
Ok here's a claim from me. You exist as a pattern of energy, presently contained within the structure we know as a brain. It's only contact with what it assumes to be reality is via impulses from sensors. These sensor inputs differ between individuals and the sensors are very limited. Giving an incomplete and slightly different reading between individuals.
I can justify that, but it would mean quite a bit of reading.

But yet we have no details other than the branches being cut and placed there. For scientific proof we would need to recreate what was done. We have no explanation as to what he did to the branches or if anything was added. Just saying without all the facts we would have no clue how to test the theory.

>For scientific proof we would need to recreate what was done.
Which we can easily do, and it won't have that result.
>We have no explanation as to what he did to the branches or if anything was added.
Yes we do. He peeled them. That's it. Nothing was added.

No that's just attacking their claims.
What I would like. Is for you to understand that a reality containing a God or God's or a reality not containing God or God's. Have equal validity, if see in the context. That the nature of reality is not known.

We're you there or know first hand that nothing else was done? It's a small piece of info with no details. There could have been something in that particular tree, or the ground In which it grew. Something in the water. We have no info to go from other than cut branches being placed. For exact science you need more variable to enter the equation.

>No that's just attacking their claims.
It's showing that their claim is unjustified, which is literally my claim.
>Is for you to understand that a reality containing a God or God's or a reality not containing God or God's. Have equal validity
That's a claim. Care to justify it?

We know the species of trees used: poplar, almond, and plane. We know the geographic area that the Bible covers. The water would have been a constant from other drinkings. Show me one of those trees having that effect on animals in that region and I'll admit that the story could have happened.

Your not justifying yours, just attacking theirs.
Your assuming by removing their claims you know the nature of reality.
You edited the most important bit the, nature of reality is unknown. Which is the point.

I see your point when looking from the known, but you're failing to think about the unknown. It's hard to know what is unknown. We find things all the time that can manipulate DNA. All I'm saying is there can be a possible unknown to factor in this story.

>Your not justifying yours, just attacking theirs.
That's what mine is though. My claim is that their claim is unjustified, therefore attacking their claim is justifying mine.
>Your assuming by removing their claims you know the nature of reality.
I've made no such assumption.
>You edited the most important bit the, nature of reality is unknown.
If it is unknown, then you cannot know that a reality containing a God or Gods and a reality not containing God or Gods are equally valid.

Read

Looking from the known is what we use to evaluate claims. If someone tells you that they jumped up to the moon unaided, then you tell them they're full of shit unless they can prove they did it, because that isn't how reality works.

Attached: 1518219731269.jpg (540x540, 96K)

You don't convert to atheism, you simply stop believing the shit you have no reason to believe.

Attached: atheist experience2.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>converting
You were born atheist. Just lose the religious facade.

What we DO know is that none of those factors have any effect on offspring in terms of genetics though.

None of the "unknown factors" you have mentioned would have had the described effect anyways.

Jumping the moon defies gravity, gravity is a known. Lack of oxygen, a known. Modulation of DNA still unknown from lack of info.

Believe in a guy who said he would return, was crucified by the Roman Empire, and didn't return?

s a v a g e .

If I don’t have faith, I’m not a theist. Thus, an Atheist.

No that's confirmation bias but most people do suffer from it. If not everyone

You can apply the same thing about jumping to the moon. There could be unknown factors that enable a person to jump to the moon and survive. When you start down that lack of info path, you can't say anything.

>converting
cheap b8

Join Us.

Attached: pdf.png (500x456, 55K)

>If you want to say that my rejection of the other's claim as unjustified is itself a claim, then that's fine. It's a claim I can justify.
Ok, if that's what you want to do, go ahead prove your claim.

Correct as I said it could be both.

>Ok, if that's what you want to do, go ahead prove your claim.
Do you agree that a claim with no sound justification is unjustified?
>Correct as I said it could be both.
That's a claim. Prove it.

The US version of Google would not see many searches for converting to Christianity, since 75% of polled Americans are Christian.

Yeah, and?
Who really cares?

Thanks for sharing this image! I’m new here so this helps a lot.

That's okay, "brah". I don't expect the religious to know what the hell their talking about.

Define sound justification.
As stated, the nature of reality cannot be proven, that's an opinion.

Not that user, but you basically just agreed and proved their point about the unknown.

Attached: goddamn!.jpg (480x360, 20K)

I believe in a god but i can't prove it, so through the scientific method i don't believe in a god.

Arguing for or against religion based on science is pointless. Science does not provide the method to prove or disprove the supernatural. The supernatural only requires faith as a standard for proof.

Sound justification, justification that uses valid reasoning and true premises.
>As stated, the nature of reality cannot be proven, that's an opinion.
So it's your opinion that the nature of reality cannot be proven?

How do you do that? The falsifiability must have been a bitch.

You could join my religion of practising atheists.
The first month is free, every month after that comes goes - not for $599... not even for the relatable amount of $99 but for the incredibly affordable amount of just $14.99.

Would you like to sign my petition?

Attached: 1461327180403.jpg (194x259, 6K)

So no evidence?
Certainly, quite a commonly held one. But I'm open to suggestions. A bright future awaits the person who proves the nature of reality.

>So no evidence?
Who said that? Evidence is certainly used when reasoning.
>But I'm open to suggestions.
I would say that we do not know that the nature of reality cannot be proven, that we make strides forward every day.

You can't convert to atheism. Atheism is the lack of faith in any belief system. You just choose to be atheist, you don't """convert"""

Good, then we could argue the nature of evidence, premises and reason. But the nature of my reality contains dinner, or the assumption of dinner.
So regretfully, toodle oo.

The reason I think there is a God is, the physical world is all that science is capable of understanding. The realm of consciousness, or spirits, or souls, is just impossible to explain based on science alone. A lot of atheists seem to think that every religious person believes every word their book says and takes it 100% literally, meaning they don’t believe in evolution because God created the world in 7 days or something. I believe in evolution, but I still believe in God. Believing in evolution only disproves one small part of the beginning of the Bible from being literal fact. Just because not every word of the Bible or the Quran is scientifically accurate doesn’t automatically disprove the existence of a higher power.

Man created religion to allay his fear of death. That's about it.

In soviet russia religion creates you