I'm 18

I'm 18.

I've been playing poker seriously for 2 years and am currently playing NL 1/2 (a little 2/5) and want to improve, I don't want to go to university. I want to go pro.

Both my parents are sceptical about poker being a fraudulent rigged game, they also say I'm too young to understand what I want.

What should I do?

Attached: 2.jpg (2119x1415, 140K)

Go all in

>Don't go to college
>Get a job in the meantime
>Keep playing/practicing when you're free

Don't tell me you needed to com to Yea Forums for something that simple.

Attached: cake with psycho.jpg (620x784, 157K)

i wholeheartedly agree that you have no idea what the fucking shit you're doing or any of the ramifcations or consequences which it might entail. Get a fucking job.

I play 2/5nl for a living. I made 46$ an hour playing roughly 50hrs a week on a good week last year. What's your question OP?

Are you a winning player?
What's your bb/hr at 1/2?
What's your BR?
How soft is your room?
What is your cost of living?

the thing is this will cause a lot of discussion with my parents.

WSOP bracelet owner here.
Have a backup plan.
Doesn't have to be college, but at least pick up a trade.
There will be times where you will lose, take that into account.
When that happens, you have something to fall back on and generate cash to hop back into the tables.
Hit the tables on week nights, and when you feel good and comfortable, hit the tables on weekends.
Sharks and coyotes will sniff you out, especially since you're young.
So be very careful.

Are you a winning player?
I think so but I am not consistent, how did you beat 1/2 consistently?
Idk my bb/hr but it's about 2 BB/100 hands.
I make about 300-500 a month
I spend all my money so my br is very low like 2000 total.
I live in Barcelona its not cheap.

>WSOP bracelet owner here.
proof faggot

That's the point of getting a job.
They might not agree with your decision not to go college, but they certainly can't complain about you being a slob/leech/whatever if you're not sitting home all day and can contribute to the home's expenses.
If needed be, just make some shit up about having to find yourself or being indecisive about what you want to study in college.

are you really a wsop owner? Wow.
How did you consistently beat 1/2 and how much time did it take?

>too young to know what you want
>instead you need to go to college and spend a hundred grand learning something you wind up not being interested in

keep playing poker. if you realize what you want to do for the rest of your life, go to college. college immediately after high school is a mistake for a lot of people.

Wsop bracelet dude is trolling hard.
Get a part time job maybe 3-5 days a week no weekends. Save all excess cash tight. 2k BR is fine if you have a secure job and low overhead (like living with parents).

Then hit the tables. Start with weekends primarily and play long, full Friday/Saturday sessions. Good table selection will help and the fields will be softest then.

Download Poker Ledger app and track each session religiously. Do this every weekend for maybe half a year. If after 400+ hours you are showing a 8bb/hr or more, you're ready to quit the part time job and play 1/2 full time.

Your parenrs won't be able to say shit because you'll have the income and the proof to show youre for real.

Then start shot taking 2/5 once a week. If you do poorly each time, stay at 1/2. If you do well, play it more often as BR permits.

It's 4am, I'm not gonna go through the trouble of writing up a timestamp, going through my jewelry, grabbing my bracelet, and posting a pic.
Believe it or not I really don't give a shit.

I started in high school, so about 2006 or so. Didn't get my bracelet till May 2015. I drove all the way to New Orleans too, which was a bitch drive, but it was well worth it. My picture is still up in the resort.

>college immediately after high school is a mistake for a lot of people

Attached: Thank college.jpg (600x800, 47K)

FPBP

Attached: ob.jpg (3528x2449, 1.44M)

Mathematics on poker study that book like the bible join upswing poker watch videos get a hud join 2p2 forum find a study group grind 12 hours a day dedicate life to it you will get success the only way to climb stakes is to obsess I am doing it currently

Post or gtfo

How well are you doing?
How old Are you?
Are your parents Ok with that?
What kind of maths are you studying, game theory, statistics??

Grind 1/2 online on poker stars and some gook websites much softer also relatively new in terms of sample size 1.5mil hands in total 24 my parents I make more than them so opinion does not matter the book is in statistics and game theory that is all you need then maybe another book on hud stats to use at the table when 12 tabling

Ty Yea Forumsro.
If you want to hit me up anytime
Ferryss #9153 here's my disc.

I am a degenerate on a solo mission take poker seriously watch joeingram1 limitless podcast that dude is pure animal aim for that type of work ethic

I want to go full autism mode too, I'm just not sure its the right decision, but seeing determined people as you helps.

Stop worrying about parents opinion if you truely want it look at poker through a mathematical / game theory approach you will do good I am making assumptions I don’t know you put your life dude

I would say play your game. As in play the way you see fit under circumstances. I played poker for a living for about a year. Had ups had downs. Played 1/2 (single adult Male so low living costs) in a heavily tourist area. I would wreck tables by being the "young loose cannon". Wasnt actually one but that's how the old heads see you when you're freshly 21. I would just sit and watch for the first 30 min while only playing premium hands to view everyone's playing style and would tailor my play around theirs. Super ezpz would profit 500/night on average at about 8 hrs per night. Wouldn't even play weekends because I was making enough. Tourists have loose pockets.

All came to an end when I got a gf rip

I live in BCN, maybe i can do the same

I'd also should include that I tried to go the online route as well. I didn't have as much success there, since online is more of a mathematical approach than live games (at the time I didn't play nearly as gto as I could have) but it's an option that can and should be explored if possible. Just always commit yourself to playing the best poker you can and try to always be studying the game and improving upon your skills really. Sounds super lame but I watched countless hours of footage, read countless pages of poker analysis and just was a disciple of the game. It was a fun life while it lasted, wish i could go back.