Do you guys even like reading? Is there any reason to do it other than to give your brain a workout?

Do you guys even like reading? Is there any reason to do it other than to give your brain a workout?

Attached: 20190410-78m-800x466.png (800x466, 105K)

I don't understand why people like reading so much too

imagination and a false sense of superiority.

>Do you guys even like reading?
Yes.
>Is there any reason to do it other than to give your brain a workout?
Entertainment.

>sense of superiority.
nailed it

I hate reading novels i cant understand them. The only types of books i enjoy reading are student literature and fact books.

Reading novels are for single moms drunk on wine and pretentious hipster kids

Attached: 1556473221070.jpg (600x697, 47K)

simple reason

Attached: wordiness.jpg (630x630, 94K)

kek i remember of some idiots feeling superior because they read some shit like karl marx and felt like they uncovered some deep truth about themselves and the universe

i am doing engineering and i rarely read any books, i don't need to

To read a good book. It's like watching TV but different

It's easier to show characters' internal monologue for example. It's just a different medium that retards hate because it takes more effort than watching teevee

In colloquial terms those definitions are unironically pretty accurate desu.

Yeah man, Just get your hand on some Murakami... It's like reading drugs while high on Aspirin and seriously buzzed.
Truly the pan-galactic gargleblaster of authors.

people who don't read, I view as lesser humans. Reading teaches you about presence, imagination, yourself. It teaches you to let go. To immerse.

No matter what you are reading, "you" become something else. "you" become somewhere else.

But, sure, it's easier to turn on Netflix. Why make any effort.

Im doing engineering too and i have to read fact based books (Datasheets, theses and other types of programming literature) all the time.

What kind of mad engi are you?

Attached: 2953560 - Alien Xenomorph nihilophant xilf.png (1000x1500, 1.29M)

herp derp look at muh vocabularies

Attached: hole.jpg (1080x1100, 54K)

Y’all are reading right now

i enjoy fantasy stories, and thats all fiction is.

This is a bill hicks bit. What you reading for... to not end up a waffle house waitress.

This explains so much of the awesome technology that solves no problems and breaks in a year.

this. Reading is just like reading someones brain. I read too but get tired quickly and fall asleep after 10 minutes :(

Attached: 96864e3b1cdbee5c.jpg (1052x789, 167K)

Nice b8 m8

Go back to living in a cave and spending 70% of your day scavenging for food

Attached: 1555650300583.gif (500x500, 953K)

so these are the kind of threads that one kid in class that took 5 seconds to decipher each word when it was his turn to read from the textbook makes

Used to be able to read.
Now I can't.
I just want to die.
Fuck me.

You realize the steps from that point to here required reading lol.

It's LITERALLY fun. Get the Kindle app on your phone and buy a book. Read it while you shit or wait in the drive thru or are on break at work or something. It's a great way to kill time.

Have you ever heard of "stories"?
There are some events that follow each other and when we learn
about them (by hearing, reading or whatever) we are amused.
Books are known for containing stories, just like movies. The only
difference is form.

I was never against reading you tard. Jsut defending my engi background