Is there anyone here who lives 'off the grid' or just really isolated from modern society, whats it like...

Is there anyone here who lives 'off the grid' or just really isolated from modern society, whats it like? How does on achieve this ?

Attached: 1556846008124.jpg (807x659, 37K)

>Off the grid.
>Internet.

Do u realize most ppl here are 12?

>asking people on the grid what life is like off the grid

Im sure you can set up your own dish or something like that? Im fairly sure off the grid just means off the power grids not no power at all...

Most of the people I've ever spoken to who were 'off the grid' were actually technophobes and people with poor skill sets who were outpaced by societal progress.

Their reaction, instead of adapting, was to pretend that they're rejecting society (the grid) or do the while doomsday prepper bullshit, where they tell themselves that society is ending and THEY will be prepared, unlike the rest of us. Funny how so many of them are so obese... how long are they gonna last without their 'beetus medicine when society collapses?

So you can live in the middle of a big city, with phone and internet, public water, public sewer, gas, eat out at restaurants every night and be "off the grid" as long as your power is shut off?

It doesn't mean no power though... I guess it means your house isn't connected to a power grid....

In England they’re called pikeys, they show up once a year, usually with a fun fair, coincidentally people’s garages and sheds get robbed around that same time

Attached: 4266C24B-8F1B-448F-949A-F384E3918507.jpg (468x338, 62K)

Just say you're antisocial

no social media, no real friends, don't go outside really unless its to work or to drink and drive for fun, no calls/texts except from family, cut everyone i knew off and only text 3 or 4 girls i knew from highschool since I kept their numbers, not into any new or trending gadgets or living habits/style, etc etc

Can get lonely, then I realize how fucked the world is and how fucked people are becoming in a modern society, and the reminds me not to change my lifestyle or my daily habits.

Attached: 112fb5ce02ccd723503075aacf2e30a5--aqua-teen-hunger-force-pre-paid.jpg (480x360, 33K)

I want to buy an anti social anti social t shirt to mock the fucking try hards

They also just damage shit for fun cos they're scum of the fucking earth

Sounds like schizoid personality disorder...

If I was off the grid I'd have my own power supply. Like windmills and generators.

You still have to buy fuel.

a windmill powered generator.

What kind of fuel would I buy for a windmill?

how?

>off the grid

Attached: AC2___AC2_XBO___2016_11_15_17_55_07.00_01_22_58.Still003.0.jpg (1400x1050, 99K)

Why cut off everyone you know? Im no psychologist but, I think its the bit where you purposefully isolate yourself out of a general lack of trust in people and assuming everyones out to get you its not the same as schizophrenia go look it up.

You fucking kek, I'm a Navy SEAL with 300 confirmed kills and live in my parent's basement, Off The Grid. Make fun of me and I'm coming for you.

Exactly

this question is about as retarded as that guy posting on facebook that he couldn't deliver some school thing because he didn't have internet.

Also solar panels

Being off the grid doesn't mean you have to be a poor hillbilly in a mud hut

Are u projecting?

this was when facebook was getting popular and I realized most people are I know are idiots and jumping on the band wagon, so why even make one just to stress mysellf out and try to it in jumping through hoops and ladders, and with trends, challenges, and so force that have come since, I was right. The dozens if not hundreds of people I knew IRL were selfish assholes just trying to help themselves out, some of my closet friends would not even get me back for buying them a shitty $10 dollar meal at Denny's even month's after I asked, because I know everyone is tight financially these days, even with enough time nada. People I knew would try to make me look bad or lesser than them infront of new people or people they know, and this was starting to become like a ripple effect, more and more people were acting this way, and this is when instagram and snapchat came out, so there is some kind of connection. No one is out to get me, if you put yourself out there so much someone is going to want what you have even if it is a shitty pet or t shirt you own, its not paranoia, its how modern society works. So if i know this why I am going to go through the ringers, that millions have already gone through? I mean I like people and being around people but just on a working or hobby related environment. And I reflect how I am with others because I never get too personal, or want to know details about their deeper life, or ask them so stupid invasive questions that people consume themselves with.

Attached: 98trump-nbc-forum.jpg (961x641, 46K)

*and so forth that have come since

See

what is the name of that movie again?

i said i have a job