This old guy was telling me he wishes he knew all that he knows now when he was in his 20s and 30s. In other words...

This old guy was telling me he wishes he knew all that he knows now when he was in his 20s and 30s. In other words, he wishes he'd have had his supposed wisdom at a much earlier age.

Why do most old people think they're wise just because they're getting ready to die?

Attached: 43124679.jpg (474x610, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TEoTQB7h3NQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGMvMP6qJ8k
youtube.com/watch?v=n5JWyPBM_U4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Experience?

Because if you can prevent some of your personal mistakes, you could've gotten further. Each mistake takes its toll, and when you add them all up, it's worth millions of dollars and unimaginable effort and time.

But doesn't everyone experience different things? Even the same person would experience things differently a second time.

Yea, but usually younger people have experienced less, therefore less wisdom. But there's plenty of old fucks who have don't nothing with their life, so it's not always the case. I suspect that a lot of the current generation will end up like that. I.e, the kids who do nothing but watch YouTube videos all day.

Can you prove beyond any doubt that experience makes you smarter or wiser? Seems to me like it could also distract and confuse you.

You're kind of proving the old man's point. Its not about you, its about him. He knows where he fucked up, and you're basically saying he doesn't. The world can seem random in many ways, but some things are constants. Maybe he settled in a place he eventually disliked. Maybe he was a hot-head as a youth. Maybe he regrets getting involved with certain things like religion or a specific woman from an unexpected pregnancy. Maybe he regrets smoking, or credit cards, or being aloof about school.

It's subjective. Inheritantly stupid people aren't going to get smarter with age, but almost everyone does become more wise.

Usually when people are close to dying they evaluate their lives to make it seem as if they lived a full life. When literally nothing remarkable or noteworthy comes up the way they can say is, “but muh experiunce. But muh wisdum.” Nobody likes believing they’re worthless and all the time they spent alive was wasted.

There's the types who can learn from another's mistakes, then there's the other type who have to burn their hand on the stove to learn that it's hot.

Wisdom is an excuse for failing. You’d be just as wise solving a problem on the first try than failing and then solving it.

They've lived through a lot more niggers

And you can learn what not to do by listening to those with more experience

>some things are constants
Not when it comes to human behavior and mind.

Also this. I don't need to be over 50 to realize certain things.

>Wisdom is an excuse for failing. You’d be just as wise solving a problem on the first try than failing and then solving it.
You're going to be an extremely stupid and bitter old man.

>I don't need to be over 50 to realize certain things.
You need to be over 50 to know how it feels to be over 50

>Not when it comes to human behavior and mind.
Super-generalize much?

Not really. The chances that I'll encounter their exact obstacles is pretty unlikely.

I'm old and the only thing I wish I'd known was all the winning lotto numbers.

Should they ever tell me I'm terminal I'm going to abduct a 12 year old and chain her up in a tent in my backyard... You hear of all these guys who keep girls like that for decades and nobody ever notices, I figure on 6 mos at least

Is there any chance you'll learn to conjugate a sentence properly?

Physically perhaps, but not mentally. I've been the exact same person for the last 20 years, and I'll probably be so in another 20.

It's called life experience retard, something your 24yr old ass has none off

Unremarkable people share some of the same obstacles as remarkable people

Tell me what error I made in that sentence. It seemed pretty normal to me.

Yea, most people tend to stay the same mentally after puberty for the rest of their life

If you can't see it, you're way dumber than you think.

I'm a highly unusual person, actually. So I doubt any of that applies to me.

Wow, nice wisdom there. How many lifetimes did you fuck up to draw that conclusion?

Point it out or it doesn't exist.

And that's why people refer to your generation as snowflakes. You think that you're unique, but no matter how unusual you think you are, there's others in the world exactly like you.

Experience gives you knowledge. You would know that if you actually achieved something in your life, instead of complaining in Yea Forums.

>Wow, nice wisdom there. How many lifetimes did you fuck up to draw that conclusion?
You said wisdom is an excuse for fucking up. What if he can just see a better path and doesn't entirely regret his mistakes? Y'see, these are the thoughts of a cock-sure angsty teen who thinks he can't fuck up because he simply hasn't, yet.

>Boomer detected.
That explains why you’re a retard trying to justify his age by mentioning, but not directing, at grammatical errors. Unironically kill yourself.

it's Benjamin Franklin there wasn't school when he was about

Elders used to be revered for their wisdom, but nowadays they're mostly just as short sighted and materialistic as anybody else.
Pay extra on your mortgage, save more, don't bang dirty bitches w/o a condom. I doubt 99% of old dudes have much more to say than that.

Exactly, no. Close, perhaps. But that's just the law of averages. There's people who have cut their own tongues out for pleasure, for example, so redundancy doesn't really mean much.

Why do young people think they know better than people with experience? You're just as bad because it depends on the person every time and you should know that regardless of age.

You’re either super fucking old or a pretentious faggot. Not everyone fucks up like you, bro. Some of us are good.

Wisdom is a consequence of failing. Go touch the stove while it's on if you don't believe me you mental midget.

Nope, not a boomer, nor am I the one correcting grammar

Not everyone fucks up? You mean the way you fuck up grammar? Life is going to kick your ass.

Life experience is the only experience, you millennial twat.

step 1. you do something stupid
2. you experience the consequences
3. you never do it again, which is a wise decision, therefore you are wiser

more experience, more wise
how is that hard to understand? are you a teenager?

Here's a free one, hotshot; it doesn't matter if you encounter EXACTLY the same situation.
Maybe an old fart says "I knew I should have left my fast food job before I was 43. I felt like I was wasting time on something that would take me nowhere."

Perhaps, when you're sitting on the bus listening to him, you get a text from your girlfriend. She's cute, she's a good fuck, but she doesn't want kids, while you do. You know that to get to your next step in life, you want a woman who will be a good mother, not just a good lay.

You decide to take the old man's advice, and break up with that girl the moment you arrive home.

It's not the specifics of a story that matter, it's the themes/life lessons to be learned

My only regret is not doing more Mephedrone when I had the chance.

You don’t have to be a genius to see fire and figure out it’s hot. If trial and error is your idea of WiSdOm then you’re retarded. Logic will always be better, and that’s not something you get by burning your fucking hand on a stove.

Don’t lie to me.

all wisdom is BS

I'm simple. If I could tell 20 year old me something, I'd just Biff the hell out of the future

Sounds like you’re just salty you’re a fuck up. You’ll be dead, and will have to deal with your own consequences. But at least you have wisdom right? Lol

Women are a terrible example, though. And I don't need to be old to know to avoid them for anything other than sex.

They only think they're wise because they're old and no longer have to make major choices.

It's a great example, you're either baiting hardcore or completely retardrd. It's almost as though you read my post and completely ignored the point. GGWP

Everyone fucks up something, if you are not prepared for failing you are going to have a rough time. Piece of wisdom right there ;)

I'll be over here enjoying the woman I'm about to marry with our savings. And not surprisingly you'll be here getting mad over a Yea Forums post dude.

The example was too distracting. Only literal retards waste their life on women, who are simply sex toys for men.

“The chances... is...”

>if you are not prepared for failing you are going to have a rough time.
Holy shit, Machiavellian philosophy right here. If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail. It took you a lifetime to figure that out? The same shit found on Google Images?

It was me with the grammar comment. It appears there are several who have noticed.

Yea and I’m a Navy SEAL with 300 confirmed kills. Git gud.

Because they are and you are a fool if you believe otherwise

t. 30 year old who realized old people were usually giving him pretty good advice about life that he wouldn't listen to because he was too proud and stubborn to think anybody could be smarter or wiser than he was

>chances are
So you think someone can't form a conjugate sentence based on a typo that nobody but a neurotic would notice?

You're not doing a very good job convincing me that wisdom comes with age.

>You’re either super fucking old or a pretentious faggot. Not everyone fucks up like you, bro. Some of us are good.
I've made mistakes. Some with the hindsight I would not commit twice. But I can tell you one thing, my house is paid and I don't owe anybody a fucking thing in this world. Enjoy your next six decades of misery, I'll be drinking by the pool.

>>my house is paid

>thinks that an extremely common achievement proves that wisdom comes with old age

do you own a fully paid house like him, user?

That’s not a typo that’s a grammatical error. Also, I’m not the guy who pointed it out I’m just letting you know what it was since you couldn’t see it.

Tip: you don’t need to prove anything on Yea Forums, it’s anonymous, so stop being such an angry faggot and contribute something other than negativity

Yes and so do billions of other people of all ages

I think you’re full of shit, and also there are definitely not “billions” of house owners in the world

That’s a lot of C O P E. Plus, there’s no reason for me to believe you. I can say I’m just as easily a sous chef at Wendy’s making $90k per year.

Yeah, they've experienced more, but they're also some of the most gullible. Tons of scams exclusively target seniors because they are the most likely to fall for them.
I hear old people spout stupid shit all the time, but I don't correct them generally cause I don't care.

In my case it was a typo because I wouldn't have intended to have typed that.

Also, I believe you are the same user, continuing to distract from the fact that you have no rational answer for the OP.

Thank you.

A shack constitutes as a house.

I don't believe you own property, you act like a snotty teenager.

He owning a house is an achievement as related to his life journey and experience. No one else has that, but him.

>there are definitely not “billions” of house owners in the world
There has been billions of home owners. It's an extremely common achievement and it has no bearing on this topic.

Believe what you want. I'm not the one arguing about experience being worthless.

No one said anything about experience, we’re talking about your wIsDoM.

I'm actually close to middle age. This thread is talking about truly old people, 60+, who assume they're wise. That's what I had in mind at least.

Wisdom is a direct result of experience + intelligence. You have neither.

Close to middle age and acting like a snotty teenager on Yea Forums. That's an unwise decision OP.

Experience is worthless because nobody is going to experience the exact same things.

Now you’re just blowing shit out your ass. Experience, yes, intelligence though? Fuck no. Tell me, what’s it like being old and realizing nothing you’ve done is worth a damn?

>”Buh buh buh I have a house!”

Attached: 0212E72B-6D5D-4A3E-9B74-78BB8BD09C97.png (1242x2208, 525K)

All of a sudden the wannabe philosophers, thinkers, and psychologists crawl out of the woodwork thinking they've got it all figured out.

Good god, people. Get your heads out of your asses. You're no great mind dwelling on deep concepts here. It's fuckin' experience.

Since when do teenagers get philosophical about age, experience and wisdom? They don't. They seem like the most likely to assume that older means wiser.

>Then there’s this guy.

Actually, experience is a huge topic in philosophy. You sound like the retard here.

I don't think anyone thinks Experience=wisdom is deep thinking, it's common sense.

Hey it's true. You all have your head up your ass. Literally live and let live.

Simultaneously dismissing the topic while addressing the topic makes your entire point moot.

So every old person you've met is intelligent?

I don't know dude, reading this thread is making me think otherwise.

Correcting your grammar was the first post I made in the thread. I mostly just lurk- try it some time.
Also a typo is mashing the wrong button. Make excuses if you want or man up and admit TO YOURSELF that you made a mistake.
No one else really gives a shit; that’s the value of anonymity and why Yea Forums is so unfiltered.

But I mean, believe what you want - I can see the pointlessness of lying in an anonymous noodle board. You’re only lying to yourself.

Believe it or not I was and still am trying to help you; I could have ignored the post and let you figure out your own mistake like the guy who pointed it out would’ve.

No, teenagers generally tend to think they know it all, like you.

I'd rather avoid the arguing, but we should consider that when it comes to the mind, "learning" from other's mistakes is only becoming familiar with the obstacles, and consequences in an abstract way. We could only guess how we would personally deal with situations that we have not (experienced). We wouln't have that particular sort of wisdom.

Why would I just lurk if I'm the OP?

It's really foolish to classify people according to age. And you probably have no idea what a modern teenager is even like. You're probably commenting on something you have no real idea about.

Nice reply, your immaturity is actually boggling.

Head up ass.
Have a nice day user

What exactly was your point in all of this again?

Experience. You too will understand when you're older.

When I was 18 some people thought I'd be so different by 30. I wasn't. Age is just a number.

That's not wisdom you stupid shit. I suggest you pay attention in school, then once you have an education to understand basic concepts, then ask yourself these questions.

It's extremely likely you stupid fuck. Every post you make is proof you lack intelligence AND wisdom.

he's saying his life might have been better off/easier/etc if (back then) he had all the personal knowledge/life experiences/etc he has acquired up to this point in his life.

as an example lets say he at 22 with no previous knowledge about house buying bought his first house and got ripped off cuz it was a crap house. but in the following years he at say 50 has gained more & more knowledge over the years about house buying and has done well for himself buying several great houses at good prices. so at 22 if he had the acquired knowledge he has at 50 then that first house wouldn't have been a bad experience because he would have known better.

Unusually stupid perhaps.

Everybody has their own unique problems and situations. You're not going to learn off of anyone else's.

ITT: A bunch of butthurt people because some guy is telling them that age doesn't make them smarter.

Maybe he's right.

Um the dude got trips so there is no way to argue with him. He's owned your ass, there's no rebuttal to that.

Attached: 1556145753599.jpg (400x504, 35K)

>there wasn't school when he was about
youtube.com/watch?v=TEoTQB7h3NQ

/Thread

Your dad's house doesn't count child.

>literal retards in this thread

i can say this: when you hit 40's, dont hesitate to supplement testosterone to get to your normal levels as an 18yr old. life is 1000% better than just withering away dying when you're reversing that process m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGMvMP6qJ8k

JFC you're dumb as a bag of fucking hammers, kid

Then you're literally retarded. If you do not change at all from when you were a child, into your adult years, you have a mental defect.

Billionaire lifepill (MUST SEE LIFE ADVICE)

youtube.com/watch?v=n5JWyPBM_U4

Attached: tiger.jpg (945x531, 91K)

What if someone was a genius by 18? You assume you know what that person is like.

No. Most people go through the same shit. Some things vary, but all things being equal, we all experience similar shit. There's nothing special about you or anyone you know. some people may have it rougher than others for various reasons, but we all suffer from the human condition.

Read OP's post again you illiterate shit cunt.

/Thread

Genius has nothing to do with it. Life experience is extremely valuable. If you're smart, you learn from those experiences. If you're a fucking idiot, you don't.

What does genius have to do with wisdom? I think the issue here is that you don't understand what that word means.

>What if someone was a genius by 18?

yea but would't a genius at 18 still get even smarter in the future as he gains more & more personal experiences? being a "genius" at 18 doesn't mean you know absolutely everything there is to know.

you rob a gas station at 18 assaulting the clerk and get caught and go to prison for 15 years.

you get out of prison at 33 having learned what a fucking stupid idea robing a gas station was.

if you had this life experience/knowledge at 18 that you now have at 33 if you're not a total idiot you never would have tried to rob the gas station in the first place.

>yea but would't a genius at 18 still get even smarter in the future as he gains more & more personal experiences?
Not necessarily. Genius probably peaks at a certain age. And if you're already a genius, there's literally no reason to change anything about yourself.

This. Hell, myself for example, I could be married to a fucking awesome girl, have had a better experience in my career, done a lot more kinky shit (since apparently being a single and somewhat submissive guy in your early 30s makes you worthless in the kink "community"), done more motorsports/motorcycle stuff, not wasted close to 30 grand on college, etc.

>There's nothing special about you or anyone you know.
Can you prove that, though? Celebrities and politicians prove that some of us are, in fact, special compared to other people.

meh the old guy is right, hindsight is always 20/20.

>Genius probably peaks at a certain age

so if genius IQ starts at say 140-145 IQ, you're saying that "genius" peaks and can't get any smarter?

Depends on the genius. Some probably peak very early on.

Age has no relevance whatsoever