Ask a Pepsi Merchandiser anything. I work in the hood in South LA

Ask a Pepsi Merchandiser anything. I work in the hood in South LA

Attached: IMG_20180912_114726403-1_1556676316851.jpg (2468x3291, 1.01M)

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF A NIGGA RUN UP IN YO HOUSE AND STRAIGHT DOOKIE ON YOU?

Purple crush is upside down. Sucks

how much do you make? what stores do you work?

$14.75

If you're in Los Angeles , you'll know Superiors, El Supers, Northgates, Ralph's, Walmarts, and Food4Less

South Louisiana?

you stacked them in front of a shelf? what are you, retarded?

>flamin' hot funyuns
excuse me what the fuck

My fucking sides user goddamn

Attached: 1500315822459.jpg (358x309, 43K)

not in LA. I worked for coke in flyover. How the hell do you merchandise six stores? All in one day? Do you not sell that much? How many pallets per store per day do you go through?

>$14.75
you should kys

In South LA, it's the norm because of how busy it is. He'll on weekends we put a layer in from of the shelf so we don't run out

Yeah 5+8 stores

buddy when I helped a merchandiser do walmart on the weekends, we were on top of that motherfucker all damn day, we wouldn't have had time to do anything else, thats two people one store. How many hours are you doing?

In South LA, Walmarts aren't the busiest stores. And we don't really care about looking aesthetic

That's good for a minimum wage job

how many pallets of product do you move per day

Superiors and El Supers are 3-4 hr stores, the rest are just doing count and merchandising

but how much product are you moving a day

Pallets, mostly 2L and 12 pks

Answer the fucking question op

Nigger, that wasn't the fucking question. No wonder you stock soda for a living and start a thread about it every fucking day, because you're a sad, retarded little cunt

Have you ever stuck a Coca-Cola bottle up your ass while sucking a nigger dick?

How’s the job overall? I worked in retail doing everything from sales to loss prevention manager and my vendors all seemed like they either hated their jobs or loved them, no in between.

jesus h christ nigga, can you read? How much product do you move a day?

>we don't really care about looking aesthetic
then youre a shitty ass employee barely doing your job

>799032698

WTF nigger do you think I count every item I merchandise?

Well, that is your job you retarded nuggar

do you have a gun in your truck in case
of getting robbed?

you mean to tell me you have no idea how many pallets of product you deal with daily? you have no concept of how much youd need on a daily basis to do your job? you couldn't fulfil an order form for your stores if you had to? you're as good as useless, i have had druggies as merchandisers who could do a better job than you.

Nope it's not. It's Merchandising, it's building displays, it's making sure customers are happy but it's not counting every fucking thing I touch

You don't know how much merchandise you're putting on the shelves? How do you charge the stores for the product you're giving them? You just eyeball the fucking pallet and charge them whatever? Do your product loads come with any paperwork telling you exactly how much product you're taking with you to a given location? I'm a supervisor at a vending company. We send our drivers out every day with a couple thousand individual snacks and beverages per driver, and I can pull up a product sheet at a moment's notice that tells me the exact total of the items we sent them out with that day. Not a single bag of fucking Doritos goes uncounted. And you're telling Pepsi is okay with you not knowing how much product you just stocked a retailer with? Fuck. I bet Coca-Cola doesn't put up with that half-assery. Hell, bitch-ass Snapple was at my warehouse on Friday and the driver knew that the picker at his warehouse had accidentally loaded an extra case of Mango Madness on one of the pallets. One case. Mixed in somewhere between seven pallets of identical looking cases. This nigga knew the product was off because he was doing his fucking job. Meanwhile, you can't count one shelf of product in a ghetto-ass Walmart

Incompetent af

That isn't how merchandising works bub.

Pepsi sales/account manager goes to his store and places the order, someone will deliver it to the store.

His job is to put that product on the shelf.

You're thinking of sales reps, who actually do count the inventory

>I'm a supervisor at a vending company.
What kind of products?
What kind of machines?
How did you deal with the pepsi bottle redesign?
Do you have coffee machines? How often do they tear up?
Royal, Vendo or Dixie?

Do you know this guy?

Attached: 1556741910469.jpg (300x168, 22K)

I would push that whole thing over to get to whatever is on that shelf.. then when the stupid employess come over to clean it up ill be like "yall shouldnt have stacked this shit in front of an item I wanted on the shelf... " then walk away as I flip them off

Ok neet

Products: Mostly chips, cookies and pastries, and virtually all Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper/Snapple and Starbucks products. But we also keep a separate stock of higher-end cold food for the micro markets.
Machines: Almost exclusively snack, drink, combo and market kiosks. My company discontinued 95% of our coffee service several years ago and sold off the coffee routes and machines. We only have a few operational coffee machines in the field that are contractually required on some some accounts.
Bottle redesigns: Coukd that be a regional thing? Because there haven't been any major bottle redesigns in my area. The closest thing was when Coke changed the Fuze bottles, but that was just one item. We had to convert virtually every Royal stack vender that had Fuze in it because of the change
Royal, Vendo or Dixie: We have them all. Same with the snack machines. We use most brands, everything from old AP machines to brand new Crane Medias. We have about 4000 active machines in the field and another 100 or so in storage that we refurbish as needed. About 1500 of our active machines are Coke and Pepsi assets, mostly 721s (for Pepsi) and 3800/5800s (from Coke, but also a lot of 550s and 660s).

What’s the name of the coke a cola Merchandiser

What town!

Thats a pretty big outfit you're operating. I worked at a small coke distributor we didn't have near that amount of machines and I was actively trying to convince my bosses that all they did was lose money on it, which we did, no one was actively managing or controlling the machines and I kept them going as much as I could, but with old equipment, unrealistic expectations, costly repairs and no control of sales, we basically lost money on it.

Pepsi did a bottle redesign in the early 2010s, our local pepsi distributor had a lot of dixie series 90, and all of their machines pulled bob marleys.

You seem to have a lot of brand new equipment, I hate crane, I hate dixie. Wouldn't offer warranty worth a fuck and wouldn't stand behind their products after a few years of service. Anytime I could I dealt with royal. the GIII works any time all the time.

Why in the hell are you carrying fuze in a vending machine? how often does that sell? what market are you in? how much are you selling the pop for? what size bottle? how good does it sell?

Near USC/exposition park

Must be a regional thing cause the companies themselves fill their vending machines here

Fuze sells in some places. People these days like to feel like they're snacking healthy, and they'll buy Fuze because it's a tea, not realizing/giving a fuck that it's got just as much high fructose corn syrup in it as any soda. It's not one of our top sellers, but some people like it, and when you're stocking a monster like a 5800 that can hold up to 45 unique selections, you can find a spot to for some Fuze (not that you would actually put 45 unique selections in the machine, but in theory, you could).

Yeah, Dixie Narco stack venders are pains in the ass. Vendo designed their stack venders like they knew what they were doing. Fuck shims and cams. But Crane has some well designed machines. Their Media series is a fucking nightmare when ANYTHING breaks down, and EVERYTHING breaks down all the time. But I love the smart design of an old 157 or 167 National. Probably the easiest machines to repair/refurbish ever made. Programming is easy, and even these older models still look good years later. A nice paint job and some Armor All on the front, and the thing looks like it just came from the factory. Not like some USI wear you get one scratch on the door, and the whole fucking door has to be repainted.

ahhh.. i see, youre in a more "progressive" type place. I am in a place that hasnt changed for the last fifty years. People drink regular pop and diet pop, that's it, no tea, no vitamin water, hell not even diet powerade. When we got taken over by CCR the new account manager thought we were joking when we told him our sales numbers, they were shocked we sold that much product on account of being in such a small area with so much of the population living in poverty.

Poor people love sodas

The big three (Coke, Pepsi, De. P/Snapple) do have their own vending routes, but it isn't common, at least not in my area. They all prefer to just give you a drink machine and let you work it. They deliver a machine to your location at no charge and let you keep it indefinitely. You just have to stock it exclusively with their product (so no Pepsi product in a Coke machine, for example) and do not remove the company graphics/logos. You also have to buy a certain amount of your product directly from them as opposed to some independent distributor or reseller. But that's it. They don't charge you for the machine, and they'll usually even come out and do repairs (they're supposed to do all repairs, but we don't always have time to wait for a Coke technician to go fix a machine when we've got some irate client calling us every day because he's got a 800lb paperweight in his office break room).

The big guys seem to be happier with this arrangement. They don't make any money directly from the machine's sales, but every, say, Coke machine on a location increases Coke's visibility, and it's one less Pepsi machine on location (because if Coke won't give us a machine, Pepsi will, pr vice versa. So Coke better cough up a machine unless they us to go to the competition).