Where would one buy a quality sword...

Where would one buy a quality sword. Not some low grade sheet metal thing or a replica of some fantasy sword from some movie or tv show. A real quality european style medieval broad swordsword.
katanas can go back to the rice patty where they belong

Attached: sword.jpg (1000x662, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sbg-sword-store.sword-buyers-guide.com/
wkc-solingen.de/en
youtube.com/watch?v=vaBuZ42lTss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Albion Swords

I would buy one but I need training because if the second amendment gets removed by the liberals I need a way to protect my family

>Medieval
>Broad sword
Go take some history classes first

The only place I really know of is TrueSwords . com, what you want to look for in the description of the product it the phrase "Battle Ready" that tells you it was meant to be functional in some respect. After that you've got to work off of reviews and material used. Most quality swirds are made by local/regional blacksmiths. You could always look for them online in your area. See if one has previous experience with the disired make and try to commission one. Findibg a sword that isn't a hunk of shit is a task. Guns are apparently all the rage these days

Badger blades
Like 350ish I think they’re based in Florida last I remember, makes really great quality swords, watched a guy slam one against a metal anvil and didn’t do shit to the sharpness, they test the swords on pig carcasses due to it being similar to human flesh and bone makeup

Attached: 1FF7C052-AC0A-49DF-8277-26516D627871.jpg (469x256, 20K)

Friendly reminder that you will never have an opportunity to use that absolute waste of money, not even when SHTF. Youll be shot before you can ever use it. None of you can probably even wield it correctly.

its legal to carry a sword here in texas

Kult of Athena is pretty much the best online blade store out there. They stock pretty much everything, from independent craftsmen to Albion

Albion, Del tin. Hanwai,
sbg-sword-store.sword-buyers-guide.com/

>A real quality european style medieval broad swordsword.
In the Middle Ages the material was miserable, it was not real steel as we have today. A replica of a modern steel alloy is 1000 times better than an original.
You do not understand a lot of metals, right?

Attached: LDstahl_linz_stahlarbeiter.jpg (500x300, 23K)

You realize the claymore is a broadsword, right?

They also offer them as 'battle ready' i.e. sharpened if you wish so AFAIK.

Search Robert Miller.. And listen to his band Amebix too

Try Prague, they have a real good swordsmith left

The basket hilt version was yes but that was much later. That was not medieval

can anyone recommend a sword appraiser/authenticator? My grandfather killed an SS Captain in WWII and brought his Blucher-style cavalry saber back. It's a legit sword but I want to find out exactly how old it is if possible. Especially if it's from the Napoleonic era.

Actually the swords in the middle ages were pretty good, especially compared to the replicas going around now

Only in your imagination. Just read the simple things about steel, so you do not embarrass yourself again.

Attached: hammer-auf-stahl.jpg (450x300, 31K)

yeah, low quality pig iron was way better than contemporary cobalt alloy high carbon steel. A $300 cold steel broadsword would cut through any highly valued blade of antiquity.

It is ASTONISHINGLY unlikely to be Napoleonic, dude. Those were made in bulk for senior officers by the thousands right up through to the mid '40s (and even longer in the West). I'd be surprised if the officer in question had had it for more than a couple of years right off the factory floor before your grandfather ganked it. Still a cool story, but don't expect a lot of history or anything.

It does not have to be a cobalt alloy. For high-quality blades use silicon-containing spring steel with a little chrome and nickel. Can you roll warm or cold;

Attached: federstahl-schwertstahl-klingenstahl.png (800x450, 267K)

You have to be careful for show pieces / decorations, but in my experience local Renaissance Faires etc. tend to have a few blacksmiths, and at the one I frequent one or two make props, and one or two make battle-ready swords. You'll pay a little more because it's an artisan item, but I like the idea of owning a sword that was hammered out right in front of me.

Used to work for a high-end art and antique dealer. We didn't appraise swords, but businesses like that work in networks. Call up a local art gallery or antique store, if they don't appraise militaria they will probably know someone who does.

wkc-solingen.de/en

Just walk on down to your local
>Incel-Mart
Purveyor of swords, fedoras, fleshlights and other fine incel goods

This. Czech Republic has excellent artisans and their prices are good.

Siegmund, is that you?
youtube.com/watch?v=vaBuZ42lTss

Attached: Cg_a0j-WYAAQRvb.jpg (1024x512, 87K)

learn blacksmithing and forge it yourself if you want one so bad ...