Any network admin etc people on here?

Any network admin etc people on here?
This device keeps connecting/disconnecting to my home wifi, I want to find out which device it is, how do I do that? When I run ping 192.168.014, it doesn't tell me which device it is, is there any tool I can use that'll say "192.168.0.14 is samsung galaxy" or whatever

Attached: Capture.jpg (648x333, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

advanced-ip-scanner.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldnt check on the router, I would check on the device honestly.

I have 7 devices connected, you mean to go to each device and check the IP or mac to find out which IP that is? I was trying to avoid that.

but you only mentioned one that was disconnecting that you needed to find the IP for, why would you need to check all 7 devices?

lmao imagine being this retarded

Easiest would be to block that device from connecting, then check which one can't connect.
If it's nothing you own or control, then it's no longer your problem.

Blacklist and let whoever owns it complain about it. That's how you know. It's also how you find unauthorized devices in corporate/secure places.

Attached: 8842F12254BE4B209095D1ABF1FC0558.gif (300x186, 445K)

ping it, then check arp -a
get the mac address and do a mac lookup online it will tell you what sort of device it is

or just download advanced ip scanner it will tell you

look up the oui of the mac, to know manufacturer

idiot
Well because I wanna find out which device it is that keeps con/disconnecting. How do I know which device is 0.14? I need to check all of them to see which one is 0.14
Yeah but the way this router works is it has a whitelist, not a blacklist. So I need to whitelist all devices that I know, then find out who complains. I was trying to avoid going to the settings and add each MAC that I know

That's how you keep people off your network who don't belong there though. If you're going to own this technology, be a responsible steward of it.

just get advanced IP scanner it will tell you the IP and what device manufacturer is

this?
advanced-ip-scanner.com/
let me try

Dear OP,
Stop being a lazy cunt and check your devices.
Yours truly,
user

the macaddress has a vendor ID, so you can look that up .
(can be spoofed though)

wtf is this?

Attached: Capture.jpg (745x385, 50K)

>Stop being a lazy cunt
sorry mate, can't do, I look for the easiest path

not only retarded but also a ricenigger lmao

So what, now we have to search names for you now?

this is what comes up

Attached: Capture.jpg (900x365, 38K)

dunno, just looks like a network card manufacturer out of china. no real info online.. can you port scan it and probe the ports? maybe try connecting to 192.168.0.14 or 192.168.0.14 see if you get a portal

wait so you are watching it connect and Disconnect on your router settings?

Why the fuck do you care, if your router is secure you shouldn't have to worry about who is connected. And if you have a device in your own house that is repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting then you should know which device it is by its usage. It feels like you are looking for help pulling some shady shit with a shitty excuse why you need the info.

>refused to connect
>no site exists
I wonder if it's the new TV I bought but it keeps dis/connecting
I care because it keeps connecting/disconnecting and it seems like every time it connects, my internet speed slows down. And it seems to be connecting only at night so I'm curious. I think my router is secure but I want to know, that's it.

if its the TV you should be able to compare the mac address with the details in the tv network settings.

Or just look on the back of the TV.

Change your password, connect devices until you find it

You got a new smart tv I'm guessing? Its probably going to disconnect everytime you turn the tv off and on.

my smart tv used to change its mac address all the time and disconnect/connect

>my smart tv used to change its mac address
>change its mac address
... What? I think you mean IP address.

I keep getting "new device connected" warnings on the router genie and it only happens at night, regardless of if the tv is on or not. Unless, the TV checks for updates at intervals or something but yeah, it happens at night only. I'm trying to find TV's MAC from seetings, no luck yet.

both.

You will find the Mac on the back of the tv in 99% of cases

fucking hell, yeah it's the tv. You need to go to wifi -> setup internet -> easy setup -> scan wifi -> shows you the MAC. SO yeah, tv's MAC matches 0.14 MAC from arp -a

I wonder why it keeps connecting/disconnecting at night only and even when the TV is off.

This user might be right that it keeps getting new IPs because I keep getting warnings like "new device : 0.14", "new device 0:15".

But surely the tv woldn't cause slow internet at night? My internet is fine about up until 8 pm, then it slows down massively.

>has a whitelist, not a blacklist
So add only the devices you want to the Whitelist. Wow. That was hard. Alternatively, change your password.

use Wireshark to monitor the data.

thats likely your isp, not your tv. your TV connecting is just a coincidence I'm guessing.

Chinese spies

You don't own a Sony do you? Sony smart TVs have known vulnerabilities.

For that matter most "smart" appliances are shit at security, especially the off brands

>My internet is fine about up until 8 pm, then it slows down massively.
If you live in a heavily populated area, many internet technologies will slow down during certain times of the day due to the sheer number of users on the network. Simply not enough bandwidth to give full speed to everyone.

Sony bravia
I'll check with ISP tomorrow. I've been using this ISP for couple of years, only the last couple of weeks it started to get slow at nights. I'm in straya by the way, so shit internet always

bandwith might be the reason but yeah I've been using this ISP for a couple of years, only last few weeks it started to get slow at night

Anyways, thanks those anons who replied, I'll check with ISP tomorrow. Have a good one

Ever heard of nmap -Sv?