This show used to be good.

>Battle of Winterfell
>Literally a fight against death itself
>Terrible tactical decisions
>Ten thousand die
>Ten thousand get back up
>Every major character has thick plot armor
>No matter how stupid or outnumbered, the "heroes" pull through
>Years of buildup, and the only Stark who died was Tony.

Attached: got bow.jpg (1200x800, 95K)

And you will still tune in this sunday to find out what happens next.

Attached: t3qkhrohrh321.jpg (800x450, 46K)

The only thing that could redeem the show is if Bran actually turns out to be the bad guy and the Night King was trying to stop him.

I was fully expecting everyone to die, it's what the books taught me. I was looking forward to making fun of everyone that had started getting their hopes up for a "happy" ending. Then we just got this shit.

Sorry, I have to go now

Everyone was saying they were expecting big names to die. How does it make the show good if literally everyone expects the heroes or some of them to die and then it actually happens, that would make it predictable and you would be like:

This show used to be good, now it's so predictable, shut the fuck up and enjoy the show faggot.

this show was always mainstream trash and was designed to be so

>This show used to be good.

wrong

thats not how to use "literally", user

next thing you know they will argue that valonqar will mean either little bro/sis for the cersei prophecy then Arya will kill her too

NK dies with no plot development whatsoever. They ruined the entire story

Show was shit since season 3 where they changed the story

Language is dynamic, if enough people use language in a certain way, that will become the 'standard'.. for a while.

NEVER WANTED TO LEAVE

my watch is over

I'M TIRED OF THESE MOTHERFUCKING DEUS OUT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING MACHINA!

This brilliantly polished and delicately perfumed turd of an episode is precisely the antithesis of the soul of the show.

Attached: 6207e82813b4a65642a2ad887d7af0119e2a2de07481ec96278213863b6037e0.jpg (636x353, 13K)

I guess the small dick incel muma-bois thought this episode had no merit.
I wish I could have seen all of it but my poorly encoded torrent made an already dark episode dark.

Yes there are holes but not enough to ruin the story.
Stop trying to flop your dicks on the table.
You don't have that sort of reach.

Yup!

What sort of plot development?
Should we have discussed his relationship with his wife?
How he was being bullied in the work place?
His recovery from opiod addiction?
That his 15 yo daughter had left home a shacked up with a 12 yo Yea Forums dweller?

Attached: q89md8pc76r01.jpg (393x422, 20K)

It's not that it had holes. Arya is an assassin and they set up all the prophecy for her.
It's just that it's fucking stupid and poorly written and she's a Mary Sue.

You didn’t cry when this guy died?

Attached: 27EA5810-C0C2-453C-A15E-6531D3E4D7ED.jpg (498x498, 76K)

>>Terrible tactical decisions
what was so terrible? the fact that they had a cavalry charge out from their castle walls? How useful is it to keep the world's best cavalry in your castle? gotta use 'em up, m8.

>This show used to be good.
then they ran out of books to adapt.

Attached: 1556525242108.png (1200x1781, 1.26M)

NK doesn't even exist in the books. Well at least as we know of.

What is your point?

Keep em outside, around the castle, as long as possible, until they die. Would have also made more use for the Balistas and catapults.

Charles Dickens used literally the exact same way. read a book, faggot.

But it's not the standard. You are a retard.

Nights watch is done, there was no more use for him.

Yeah Star Wars was once great. Maybe Trump can come and save it.

>Would have also made more use for the Balistas and catapults
i do agree with that. they should have been pelting the AOTD until they were close enough to have their calvary ride out and attempt to mow them down.

>what was so terrible? the fact that they had a cavalry charge out from their castle walls? How useful is it to keep the world's best cavalry in your castle? gotta use 'em up, m8.

How useful is sending them to die against an enemy that can reanimate them?

They should have flanked them, not rushed.

Despite his promises he has done fuck all for anime so far.

Attached: Wot.jpg (236x233, 5K)

>Retard who only watches the show detected
The books are named a song of fire and ice not a game of thrones. The NK was meant to show people they were wasting their time fighting each other when the dead were marching to the wall. The long night of winter was said to be dreaded by everyone and they should be scared of the weird ice monster that will come with it. And they just killed him off. You could skip this entire episode and you wouldn't miss anything. Why did they even include the white walkers in this farce?

How about let the trebuchets bombard the enemy until they are close enough and let cavalry raid the flanks and return to regroup instead of just letting them die

Even if the NK wasn't mentioned the white walkers and their motives were. All that mystery and danger just ended.

>How useful is sending them to die against an enemy that can reanimate them?

okay, so putting the re-animate part aside for a second, you send out a cavalry to their certain death to take out as many of the enemy as possible in this type of dire situation . they are useless inside the castle walls.

the reanimate part ..why have any soldiers fight and possibly die?

>Retard who only watches the show detected
Because it is television you retard.
Like film and tv there is no obligation to follow the original source material.
It is an ADAPTATION that is BASED UPON.

>They should have flanked them, not rushed.
i thought about that as well. good point.

Arya sneaking around the undead was the equivalent of watching a easy mode play through of any zombie game.

She should have been overwhelmed by the undead at that point!

It does have to follow it to a certain extent. And if it doesn't it becomes nonsensical bullshit which this show is since season 3 when they incorporated their own bullshit to the story.

Why were the undead hiding in the library anyway? If they made it that far into the castle, you'd expect at least a few in the hallways.

No one actually cares what you think. If you don’t like it, don’t fuckin watch it anymore. I don’t need to know what your opinion is.

Then you can't tell anyone it's good

I am no man
from lord of the rings
classic literature
anime

They can be forgiven for not recognizing fast enough the skills of their enemy. History is full of such shit.
But do you just give up fighting an enemy because they can re-animate your own dead?
NO
If you are going to go down then save as many as you can and then fight the fuck to the end.

idk why they sent out the initial charge
I thought that was not part of the plan
Seems to me typical Jon Snow, as he did at the Battle of the Bastards.
(lol Job Snow - rather Aegon Targaryen, the Aunt Fucker.)

We still got Cersei to believe in. The dragon lady and north doesnt have an army now.

No it's not like that at all, it's more that we've come to see the show as realistic and does not care about "loved" characters, as in pretty much all other fiction has an unrealistic plot armour given so that the story doesn't become too tragic for audiences. GRRM points out that in fiction, often millions can die but no one feels it because most of the main characters somehow get off scott free. It makes us actually feel the tragedy of war and conflict and the deaths involved, instead of the soliders just being a statistic. The issue with fantasy is that we really don't give a shit normally when we see thousands clash and die, but it felt like in game of thrones when you saw people dying you were like oh shit, people are in danger, characters could die here...

I could go on, but honestly that winterfell battle was disappointing. We've grown accustomed to character deaths and kind of embraced it, where we simply appreciate a character for the screen time they had like Rob Baratheon. Honestly keeping round characters like Podrick and Bronn makes no sense to me... they are like light comedy. If we see some quirky banter with Pod after he's literally just watched almost an entire army torn apart by walking corpses, then sees his dead comrades get up and fight him, it just demeans the whole NK threat in the first place, more than they already have. How he even survived when he's not known for his sword fighting skill idk. If I had written the episode I would have had podrick killed in the first few seconds and maybe followed shortly by Edd and maybe Tormund to drill in the danger early and give that sense of doom. There was no real sense of loss after this episode depsite many actually dying, that's the problem

I didn’t say it was good, did I? I said no one fuckin cares what YOU think. Fine, you don’t like it. You’re only like the 20th idiot to post a thread talking about how much better the show was like you’re some literary savant or some shit. Like of all the things I need to be aware of, your opinion about a fuckin work of fiction should be at the top of the list. Nigga, I came here to see some tits, not to read some whiny faggot shit like this. Tits nigga!

Attached: B2531A19-976B-47C0-B49C-1E9096AADAF7.jpg (640x853, 60K)

As we all know, this is a show about the Lannisters and the horrible people that oppose them. One can only hope.

If GOT ends with Arya killing Cersei, I swear... As if this wasn't disappointing enough.

Arya screaming while she jumps was retarded. If she'd been quiet, it would have been more badass that the Night King catches her.

>No one cares
>Writes an entire book about how much he doesnt care
I think you care

Attached: 1552044750230.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Would have been better if winterfell got wiped out and why do people like Jon snow? He should have stayed dead.

>no one sees the point of this post

The whole episode three was a fucking shitshow. Every fucking scene was immensely shit. The writing was done by a twelve year old shit. Most of the episode you cannot see shit. The main plot is just turned to shit. Every death is fucking predictable like my morning shit. The cut between a world war and splinter cell arya with no sound of combat going on whatsoever was really just another one of good jokes showing the good work of shittioff and scheiss. I mean what the shit? Now I have to read the books to get an ending for thinking humans. The only thing funny was mormont proclaiming he's hurt. Was so fucking funny I lost my shit.

>Arya kills Cersei
>Arya stabs the mountain in the back while he's fighting the hound
>Goes back in time, kills ramsey
>Then stabs Joffrey in the back before he kills Ned
>Kills ned herself, he was weak anyway

>If you are going to go down then save as many as you can and then fight the fuck to the end.

agreed...my question was rhetorical

stupid normie idiot meme posted by an underage faggot

Yaas qween Arya YAS, SLAY

We've grown accustomed to character deaths and kind of embraced it, where we simply appreciate a character for the screen time they had like Rob Baratheon.

Who was the last (important/good) character they killed? Jon, before they brought him back?

i didn’t enjoy the episode because i was a few episodes behind & people, including HBO, can’t seem to not spoil or make memes out two minutes after the episode ends.
I know endgame spoilers were everywhere, but i managed to avoid them all except for one.
And to all those people that do spoil movies/tv shows, FUCK YOU. You deserve to get decked in the fucking face like that guy who spoiled endgame in china.

Unpredictability ≠ good

Should be interesting to see what happens with this next episode. I bet they still got a decent force, despite it looking like everyone died.

>this show used to be good

Attached: 1552354240079.jpg (800x450, 145K)

Worst episode. So bad dude. When the Dothraki attacked i was fucking floored.

How would that work exactly? There’s literally 3 episodes left.

The last episode was literally copy and pasted from LOTR. It was lazy af, but still had some great scenes

You think they cant kill a cripple in three episodes?

You retard. GRRM even said that he is more concerned with who sits on the iron throne than he is of the battle of life and death or good and evil. The night king was never the big enemy. They had to defeat him before they defeat cercei. The show will end when the throne is reclaimed by a good and just ruler.

No, you're just retarded. Stop trying to dance around the truth just so that you never know what it feels like to be wrong. You're fucking lying to yourself, constantly.

Literally

they are not holes in the plot, it is the logic of the series what went to hell, fucking pleb, if you do not perceive it, it is because of you are a normalfag

How can it be so quiet in the library, when literally thousands of people are dying outside, dragons flying around and roaring... Is the library a different dimension or what? lol

Quick question, why is everyone saying the episode was literally, not metaphorically, dark? I had no trouble seeing what was going on.

The dragon should've kill him again, lol.
>destroyed the wall with blue fiery laser of death
>can't destroy a pile of rubble and some corpses with the same blue fiery laser of death

There were actual darkness problems. Lots of banding and loss of detail from lots of sources.

Hulu fucked up. You could literally see darkness and that's all.

The books didn’t do shit until the show came out. The books were unfinished lord of the rings drivel. Lady stoneheart? Mince raider switching souls with that bone faggot?

Lots of stupid shit had to be cut from these C- books to make a good show.

HBO and most other cable services too.

Someone made the joke the other day that the lighting crew were the first to die

Well.. they weren't wrong :^)

More like torrent the next episode because I haven't paid a dime for it since season 5.