Divorced lads of Yea Forums, at what point did you realize it was time to call it quits?

Divorced lads of Yea Forums, at what point did you realize it was time to call it quits?

Attached: 50115153_806044996434683_7752815836776420800_n.jpg (640x640, 51K)

About 5 minutes after kissing my first love after meeting up for what was supposed to be a 'friends catch up'
Was married 15 years, 2 kids.. unhappy but not desperately so.. was planning on waiting on the kids finishing school before i left her.
Now with the childhood sweetheart, doing the blended family thing and life is good.. AMA..

How did your wife take it when you broke the news?

Also, how did your kids take it?

Nice dubs nigger

Well.. thats a story..

All about how her life got flip turned upside down?

So i played as the relationship had broken down, and i needed 'time'..
This worked for a while untiul the ex hacked my email and saw i had been in contact with the HS sweetheart.

After that, shit hit the roof.. she sent me a barrage of texts, emails etc.. sent them to my family as well, tried to get our mutual friends on her side.. It was pretty bad.
1year later things have calmed down.. we not communicate reasonably, i have 50% care of the kids.. we can even both attend our children's sporting events together.
Kids initially took it pretty badly, but im lucky they are pretty switched on and happy, they really like my new partner and things look good for the future.

For me it was when I was lying in bed thinking "this is it? This is the best it can be? And realizing we had become more like roommates reviewing our mutual schedules together.

She didn't take it well. We were married 15 years when we finally divorced. Never regretted it for one moment even though I gave her the house and everything in it. It felt like paying bail to get out of jail. I've been super happy ever since, she seems fine as far as I can tell.

yeah exactly, she didn't have much ambition and was expecting to cost on me and my job, she was getting overweight and had no ambition.. nowadays she is at the gym working out, got a promotion and is looking better than she has in years, which is great for her.. which i dont care about, as i have no interest in being with her any more.

Wow that sounds fucking rough. Weren't you afraid of losing access your kids?

How are you doing financially after the divorce? I heard it completely breaks some guys, between alimony and child support, they have no disposable income and barely enough to feed themselves.

I did great after the divorce, especially as I was getting into the higher earning stage of my career. She made the same amount of money that I did so no alimony. I kind of live below my means but my bank account is doing quite okay.

I’ve been married 6 months, but spent 3 of those months cheating on her with a 17 year old. Now I’m questioning if I want to keep my marriage going. We dated 5 years before we being married.

I should add I’m only 26. I need some advice annons

Going through one right now

depends on how heartless you can be. if you can absolutely deal with it without feeling guilty and you don't adopt any feelings of intimacy with your fuck bitch, you might be okay. the question user, is that the kind of person that you want to be? what kind of a relationship do you want?

Well, you lucked out.. mine makes less than 1/4 of what I do.

How's it going? Any kids involved?

Any advice anons?

One haven’t told him yet but I am due to move out soon. I worry about him and how he’ll handle it

Divorces seem like so much more of a nightmare when kids are involved.

Get out of it while it's still easy to do so

Well I stopped seeing the girl I was fucking with, cause she is going to college soon out of state so I didn’t want to deal with that. But I know it’s changed my intimacy with my wife. This girl wasn’t hotter, but she was thinner and we had better sex. I really want my wife to fuck more like her, but I don’t know if that’s possible. I’m worried I’ll cheat on her again with a different girl In the future. And she is a good woman, good wife. I’m the asshole

Wife is pushing me to buy a house because we're currently in a two bedroom apartment with three kids. I don't want to do it because I feel like divorce is around the corner and I don't want to get stuck paying for a house I'm not allowed to live in. I also don't want to tell her this because it'll guarantee a divorce and I'm desperately afraid of losing my kids. What do?

Attached: image.jpg (430x641, 169K)

I was in a six year relationship. We even bought a house together and lived together for five of those years. Then we got married and it fell apart within the next six months.
I came to the realization that it wasn't working long before we got married but marched like a fucking zombie into marriage because "relationships are hard work" and because that was "the next step".
I just couldn't put up with the routine of always having to pick up after her hoarder ass and her dog that fucked up everything, and always getting into the same fights about that shit.
I threw out the word divorce and she said ok. We were both at our wits end. About a week later we decided to try to work things out and that lasted about two days until we got into a huge fight and I pushed her off the desk she was sitting on. I felt like shit, and she was naturally afraid of me hurting her (no history of abuse between us) and I was served my divorce papers two days later and forced out of my house.
Within two weeks of starting my new routine without her I knew I should have left years prior.
We bacame amicable to the point that I got my stuff, left her the house, and she cut me a 20k check for my portion of the equity in the home. She took over all of the debt related to the house and that was that.
i moved into an apartment downtown and now just bang tinder sloots all week. Its better than living with her, but it can get lonely not living and waking up and going to bed with someone else

Moral to the story: don't waste your youth with people that don't make you happy

checked
well than you don't deserve her to be your wife

Thought this would be a depressing read but it was all light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel

who determines the worth of your actions?

logic

If you're married and have a house, what happens to the house when you get divorced?