You're gonna die one day. Perhaps sooner than you think! Could be tomorrow for all you know

You're gonna die one day. Perhaps sooner than you think! Could be tomorrow for all you know.

Have you come to terms with that?

Attached: 11957663.jpg (2048x1365, 413K)

Yes.

I mean yeah. I’m not gonna straight up kill myself, but if I die, I’m fine with that. I won’t fight it.

No. Sometimes when lying in bed at night I wonder if humanity really is doomed to hell as some religions say and am terrified of the prospect of eternal torture of the worst imaginable kind.

somewhat

>OP asks a thoughtful question
>people answer
>OP doesn't discuss
this is why Yea Forums is full of black dick, cuck and trap threads

Begging for it like a whore needing a cock in the back of her throat.

>being afraid of make-believe

Fuck it. We’re just a random species on a random rock hurtling through space anyway. Might as well have as much fun as we can, the way things are going, you really want to live forever? On top of that everyone we know dies too, I’m definitely cool with it when my time comes.

It's somewhat disturbing, everyone fears death. The only thing I find much more terrifying would be eternal life on this fucked up planet. Makes the hair on the back of my neck bristle.

I mean, if you have any sort of intelligence you would have to admit that we aren't certain there is no afterlife.

In the same sense that we aren't certain there are no unicorns, but it is self-evident that it's make-believe. There is no good evidence to support it. On the contrary, we do have evidence suggesting that what makes us what we consider ourselves is physical.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm too tired to get into a debate on spirituality right now

Yeah the only thing I fear is my parents wellbeing if I were to die. I’m not necessarily scared of it though

I'm a nihilist, I don't give a shit

The afterlife is a concept we desire to be real because it's considerably easier to accept than just returning to nothing. Personally, I would rather have nothing, no awareness, no consciousness. I'm tired of thinking.

This user gets it

I pray for it daily

an atheist coworker once put it as "think of what it was like before you were born. It's like that." Personally, I would like to go to a heaven, but the idea of no longer being conscious is preferable than an eternity of torture and nightmare.

I'm so ready to die. Nights where I experience dreamless sleep are so amazing to me. I have 4-6 incredibly vivid, long, and complex dreams every night and it makes me feel like I never get a break from sensations/stimuli and all I want is peace. I experience all senses in my dreams as well. Taste, sight, feeling, all of them. There's nothing quite like a night filled with war scenarios and you can actually feel getting shot/tazed/stabbed (stabbings being the most painful). Sure the lucid dreams and superhero dreams can be enjoyable. Last night I was Dr. Manhattan (my favorite superhero and who I turn into often in dreams) and I was walking through a Sam's club just teleporting strangers out of my way and onto other aisles and blowing their minds. But even the enjoyable dreams are nothing compared to dreamless, empty, peaceful sleep. I'm only 26 but I've lived a full life already. Been with 67 women, had a daughter who is turning 10 soon, graduated college, got a good career, own a house, and have had many good times. But all I want now is eternal, dreamless sleep. One day...

Keep in mind one third of the angels supposedly rejected it. That should never have taken place in a "perfect" paradise.

well, if you believe the lore, supposedly they rejected the God because he wouldn't give them the same gifts he gave humanity. I believe in God, but I'm pretty uncertain about the stories of creation.

I used to be a rabid atheist trying to refute everyone who didn't agree with me. I'm older now, still an atheist, but I've grudgingly come to the conclusion that whatever helps get one through life, so be it.

if i die before my immediate family, fair enough.. but not after

A civil discussion on Yea Forums? We're going to be accused of high treason.

Nah. It's fucking terrifying, death. If I could come to terms with death I probably have killed myself already. Afraid to live, afraid to die.

There's not much worse than that. It's like dying twice...

idc

yep

Attached: Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Wanderer_above_the_sea_of_fog.jpg (2327x2980, 984K)