Help settle an argument I'm having with a friend Yea Forums

Help settle an argument I'm having with a friend Yea Forums.

If you drink alone you're either an alchoholic or depressed, right? Who drinks alone for the.. "joy" of it?

Attached: 1526463215340.jpg (720x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x0q8Oho_RjM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im 19 i dont drink

I prefer drinking alone. Oh course, I prefer doing everything alone.

youtu.be/x0q8Oho_RjM

Its the only way to drink

Or you just enjoy a good alcoholic beverage. If you drink alone compulsively or obsessively it's probably alcoholism.

Depends what kind of drinking we're talking about. Kicking back with a beer or two is perfectly fine solo. Getting shitfaced alone is a bit of a waste tho.

I do drink alone right now lol. Nothing to do with being alcoholic or depression. Just editing some videos while being bored.

Also this

sauce? please tell me that's a dude.

I drink alone and it makes me euphoric

It's fun to get a good video game get a little buzzed and play it.
Sometimes it's fun to just get fucking wasted and watch movies. Really bad old movies.

If you get shitfaced every fucking day... or every other day then yes you have a problem.

I will have 1 high alcohol beer by myself... but rarely more than that.

Attached: 16814.jpg (150x300, 20K)

drinking alone is sad af, I don't even drink beer by myself, Only time for drinking is with friends or gf

I cook often at home and a nice wine pairing always completes the dinner for me. It's not about the alcohol, but the tastes complimenting one another.

It's not alcoholism unless it's a pattern of repeated behavior that has negative consequences in your life. There's literally medical definitions for alcoholism.

Light drinking with a meal is fine with or without company. I'll also have a beer while I'm outside working on something, or a glass of whiskey at night while I watch a movie, read a book, etc. If you get plastered on Bud Light while you're alone in your messy apartment then you've probably got a problem, but doing that socially is not all that much less of a problem IMO. I think taste and moderation is far more important than context. If you don't understand that a good drink can be just as positive an experience as a good meal, you're doing it wrong.

I don't drink alone, but I drink when my wife doesn't. Alcoholism research indicates an opiate response with rising alcohol blood levels for alcoholics, which feels right to me. Fun to play video games drunk.

This

>I need other people to have a good time
I weep for you while I drink alone

>*tips fedora*

The fuck counts as drinking alone? Getting shitfaced? Or do you count a beer after work or a few when watching sports/whatever as well?

Depends on what you mean? Do i have a burbon when i get home from work, or sometimes a wine, ir do i get thrashed evwrytime i drink?

im drunk right now lol

Beer or 2, glass of wine or what not, nothing odd in my book. If you drain a bottle of whiskey by yourself and get hammered, then there's some underlying issue.

Any time I drink, alone or not, its for the "joy" of it. I like being drunk, and I frequently get drunk to enjoy myself, even when alone.

>buy cheapest beer in the store
>drink to the point of illness
>"people who claim to like the taste of alcohol must be lying"

>f you drink alone you're either an alchoholic or depressed, right?

only a child or an ignorant adult would think like this

It's less about the joy for me and more about just relaxing. Honestly, it just depends on the person. I drink alone more than I drink with friends but it's because I'm not a big drinker. I tend to have only a few sips of whiskey or a beer to take the edge off some nights.

I like drinking alone and with people. I personally think it's weird to draw a solid line here, getting drunk is fun. If you cant have fun when you're drunk alone then you're probably a boring person.

That being said, I drink alone sometimes and I'm happy as shit. Last week I watched Dr. No while eating sirloin steak with a martini, shit was so cash

You're right.

t. depressed alcoholic

This is pretty on the spot too

getting shitfaced solo with a fire and enjoyable audio is what keeps me from being a loser. it's when my brain is uninhibited enough to process events and make plans and feel feels n shit

It's fine to enjoy a drink alone.
It makes you feel more relaxed after a long day at work.
It gives you more of an appetite if you have a drink before and durring dinner.Just adds to the food.

So the answer is NO, as long as it's no more than a couple of drinks.
I can't see myself getting wasted the same way alone, as I do with friends.

Sometimes I'll mix a tasty cocktail and sit on the porch alone enjoying the scenery. I have to drink way too much for the alcohol to effect me, so getting drunk or even tipsy usually isn't worth it. I'll have a few shots for the joy of it though.

Only complete losers drink alone.

noice bro

I drink alone but I'm not an alcoholic. I probably average getting drunk once every three weeks. I have probably been depressed for 25 years though.

Alcoholism is defined as having more than 2 drinks 2 days a week lmao. Who the fuck cares what other idiots label you as.

Back in the day these were just habits men had that killed them. No one cried or cared as much before. Now everyone wants to find some sort of virtue in not being addicted.

Stay healthy. We all are going to die the same way.

>drains bottle of whiskey
>gets hammered

Lightweight

Depends on the alcohol % and the quantity. But no, I think coming home and cracking open a cold one after a hard day's work is simply called a reward. Wouldn't call that alcoholism or anything related to depression. 10 beers is another story.

Also, just because you go socialize while drinking doesn't mean you're not addicted.
It has nothing to do with the number of people around you.

And that's coming from a bartender, I see shitfaced people everyday, alone or in groups.

This

I enjoy both, when I drink alone it is usually to relax while I'm doing something like playing games.

Yawn.
Humans have free will. They may drink how they choose. Maybe someone works overtime, wants a few mixed drinks on a friday night and watch a comedy sketch. Nothing wrong with that. Although, will say, most in home drinkers are probably depressed or addicts. Thats not a completely null assessment.

ah is pretty funny
go drunk play CS:GO.good times