Do you remember when "A Game of Thrones" was simply the first book of an awesome series and not an overrated piece of...

Do you remember when "A Game of Thrones" was simply the first book of an awesome series and not an overrated piece of Hollywood trash?

Attached: a-game-of-thrones-george-rr-martin-book-cover.jpg (612x1020, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tor.com/2019/01/23/the-wheel-of-time-tv-series-adaptation-production-fall-2019/
youtube.com/watch?v=TIAn5btnAD0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Game of Thrones is good

Game of thrones is pretty good. Also it started an upward Renee in the quality of teliviison. Not to say it's not Moslty still garbage.

No I've been burned too many times. I don't start a series until the author is dead.

I was 14 when i first read it. I'm 35 now....

Make yet another thread about it, that'll help.

The first book was "A Song of Ice and Fire".

A game of drones.

Attached: This.png (865x88, 20K)

No. I started reading after S01E01.

thanks user, remember to subscribe

The show was good until they ran out of books and the Hollywood libtard writers took over.

Sorry no. The first book was titled 'A Game of Thrones'. The entire series as whole was called 'A song of Ice and Fire.'

Wrong.

I dont know why people are so into this shit. There are flying dragons for christs sake

>until the author is dead
Or... you know... when the series is finished?

>not an overrated piece of Hollywood trash
You are just jealous that you aren't enjoying it like most people do.

>Hollywood libtard writers
Do you always have to announce your pettiness everywhere you go?

I think he's on about people like JK changing shit even when the books are done.

>Game of thrones is pretty good. Also it started an upward Renee in the quality of teliviison
you spelled "the wire" wrong

haters gonna hate

Attached: 62b38e2a-0102-4d24-ab7a-3e79aabb6635.gif (245x250, 1.5M)

Attached: trump_supporter1490724686047.jpg (448x336, 16K)

Fuck, I really enjoyed it for the first 4-5 seasons. Then it went to shit

Looking forward to how they'll fuck up WoT. Show synopsis makes me uncomfortable.

Attached: Terrible representation of characters.jpg (482x681, 101K)

"It's Brilliant"

Robert Jordan, a man of few words

>I liked this shit thing before it was popular.
Congrats?

Yeah I remember that time.

Go fuck yourself!

I think he referred to it being a project by a human instead of being made by a committee of LA slugs

So if George R. R. Martin dies tomorrow, you'll start reading the series?

Cool. I just wait until they say the series is finished being written so I don't read any incomplete series.

Nigga put those trips back with that weak-ass comment

At this point only the deepest pit of normie trash are happy with the show. You don't have to be a book reader to be completely disappointed in what's been shit out the last few years.

GoT started on the downward trend of TV's revitalization and has now lived past it (with its own corresponding drop in quality).

TV now is worse than 2010.

She has shit talked the show's creative decisions, including those with Arya, in interviews.

Show went to shit after they wrote out the true king in an awful way

Attached: 12518951867454.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Yeah. As far as I'm concerned, Wheel of Time isn't getting an adaptation.
I've already blacklisted it on various platforms because I don't want to see my favorite series being chopped up and fucked horribly into a feminist friendly game of thrones clone, which is exactly how it's already being touted by advertisers.
They only mention fucking Moraine and act as though she's the main character in the summary. And you know the Aes Sedai will suddenly all be the good guys and the men will have only their bad traits brought over, and they've already said Rand's multiple love interests won't be happening. I hate everything.

Please tell me wheel of Time isn't being adapted.

They were never good books.

Hurr durr eliminate plot armor
Hurr durr genius story telling
Hurr durr how do i green text

Can't wait till it's over also death to marvel not even trolling all this stuff is garbage for children and nerds. When's the last time any of you have seen a vagina in rl? Get over it losers

Attached: 1556432995832.jpg (730x900, 110K)

Do you remember when OP didn't suck dick daily?

Me neither.

Let's not talk about how neutered the show will be. Guess half of book one and most of book (I think) 7 won't be shown period

Youre a stupid little dumb cunt arnt ya

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 10K)

tor.com/2019/01/23/the-wheel-of-time-tv-series-adaptation-production-fall-2019/
Sounds political to me.

They'll take the edge out of everything, make the the three boys even more bumbling, Egwene will be Nynaeve, Nynaeve will be Captain Marvel, and it'll crash before we Book 3 hopefully.
They'll probably make myrddraal into plain ring wraiths and trollocs into orcs, etc. At least Jordan died before he could become Martin.

Attached: kira-mayer-54-1.jpg (655x1000, 65K)

I picked up four of the books for a dollar, totally unused, at a library sale. Is it bad or just not as good as autists circle jerk about? From what I've heard it seems like Martin just has trouble with adding a new character at the slightest provocation and it sounds like it undermines his goals of keeping up the idea of consequences and shit.

For instance, Lady Stoneheart sounds like a complete cop out to me.

How is she a cop out when you never see her point of view since she, you know, fucking died.

>JK changing shit
She changes it in her head only, it literally means shit.
If it wasn't in the book then it's not canon.

Judging by the names of the first two Wheel of Time episodes, they're going to have gotten to Shadar Logoth by episode two. This is going to be rushed as fuck.

I hope it bombs and only has one season. That's the best prospective outcome

I'm pretty sure they're trying to fill the Game of Thrones drought in 2020-21. It'll be rushed to shit and they might be doing two books a season, but a lot of people think the last few seasons of GoT were the best.

I'm putting money on the Aiel being Arabs.

They've already said that race doesn't matter and they want the cast to be "how we envision future america to look".
Also, they have mentioned wanting to change the dragon and the katana-esque sword, because those are apparently asian symbols and white people can't use them

Wheel of Time is the true goat

>Change MC
>Less love interests
>Changing the sword designs from Asian to probably European
>Changing the dragon imagery so it's not Asian
I'm sort of looking forward to what they do next. I'd like to see them make Matt black. I'm pretty sure a lot of changes will be to seem more like Game of Thrones.

Attached: n3EPJ.jpg (600x326, 88K)

It will crash and burn harder than the Hindenburg

Attached: 108267659.jpg (612x406, 26K)

Yeah, I think people are going to be fantasied out after the GoT spinoffs, and the effects for all the trollocs is going to weigh on the shows budget. As long as we get some black Lan first I'm cool with whatever though.

Hell yes.

Attached: WOTmap.jpg (1024x765, 157K)

In the adaptation, Nynaeve's character will lose all growth and development and she's going to just be a token strong independent female. Lan will be nowhere near as cool as in the books and will probably be a bitch so that she seems even stronger.

Mat will be some cute british actor who is there solely for the tumblrites. He'll be relegated solely to the role of comic relief, his story taking a backseat to the jokes and interactions he has, which will be reduced to slapstick male bashing because he's a player.

Go back to Yea Forums fags

If anywhere else, it'd be to Yea Forums, but Yea Forums is perfectly suited for this blended media discussion.

>Rand will be high in soy, barely taller than Moraine
>Egwene wont care much about Rand, they have a handful of scenes together
>Nynaeve wont have a temper, she's just cold and a badass
>Perrin wont change throughout the series. He'll be normal before and after wolves
>Matt is a quippy boi and makes "funny" comments during tense scenes
>Lan, Uncrowned Kang of Malkier will spend half his screentime telling people how ignorant they are
>Myrddraal aren't rapey, they cant talk and just screech a lot
>Ogier are 7 foot tall at best
>All the descriptions of how saidin and saidar are lost because they cant easily translate it into a tv show

Attached: amol-full-cover-1492645807167_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

This really hurts because in my heart I know it's true

They'll take the easy way out every time. Are they going to superimpose 10ft Loial in all his scenes, or will you get a 6ft5 guy some boots to make him look big? Do you get talented voice actors to give a Fade a voice like crumbling leaves, or do you make them silent until they do the stock ring wraith scream?

The books might be harder to adapt than LotR and it'll be rushed to cash in on a fad that's going to be dying before the show airs.

I hope it bombs and then fades away into obscurity again until we've stabilized socially enough that we can adapt things properly again.

This series got what deserves. George should have just finished writing the damn books

incel spotted

It's just a matter of time :}

Nah, not really. Like Twilight, it was one of those things I heard of once, then never for a while, then everyone lost their shit over it.

A nice thought, and possible since Jordan's wife doesn't like the company with the rights (Red Hawk or something). I think they even tried to sue her when she talked bad about the aweful tv pilot, so I imagine she'll want to pull out ASAP.

Unfortunately, when it flops the studio execs will probably blame it on the source material or the genre instead of mismanagement and poor timing.

Attached: Rand_al'thor_by_reddera-d761cuv_(1).jpg (792x1008, 267K)

They will definitely blame “misogyny” when it fails. Count on it

Mainstream press might, and some studio guy will fill his twitter about how this is Trump's fault and a whitelash, but the guys making the big decisions wont care. They'll look at WoT as a failed property they can neither use or sell and that'll be the end.

Or it'll do well like GoT and slowly become "Moraine stops Rand from appropriating Asian culture" the show.

Attached: Perrin_aybara_wolf_king_by_reddera-d993otl.jpg (800x1000, 198K)

>and slowly become "Moraine stops Rand from appropriating Asian culture" the show
oh nononono
this sounds too realistic

Good call

>true king
Get fucked, he is not the true king in any possible way. I can prove it mathematically

I think it'll be like how GoT went. You have a Dothraki fighting Ser Friendzone, the Dothraki loses because he couldn't beat Western armour. Later in the show you have the opposite. Dothraki cut through western armour and unsullied pin Lannisters to stone walls with javelins. Dialogue and scenes shift to make the foreign cultures seem cooler than the more European ones.

It'll start with black Shiernans being the brave ones and the Arab Aiel being the most stoic warriors. The Latina Amyrlin, Siune Sanche will seem even wiser than she was and will have at least 1/4 of her scenes include her embarrassing a foolish man. It'll keep getting worse as the series goes, but we'll see it starting early when all the cool characters become POC.

Of course there wont be any black darkfriends. That would be really awkward.

Attached: Mat_cauthon_son_of_battles_by_reddera-d993o0f.jpg (800x1000, 151K)

I haven't watched the series. Saw the first episode, maybe the second. Bought the first book for kindle last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. Looking forward to reading the currently published novels, then comparing to the television series. Not reading thread, not staying either. Just thought I'd share.

Try the Mistborn and the Wheel of Time series if you have the time. They're all good books.

I tried a WoT audio readthrough, but that format didn't do it for me. It seemed like it's definitely worth reading when I can find the time, though. Not familiar with Mistborn at all, but I'll look into it.

Season 1-4 were good. It has been downhill from there, but I am already emotionally attached to the series (because of seasons 1-4) so I feel like I have to finish it.

Overall I am disappointed with this season so far and last season was garbage in comparison.

If you're strapped for time, try Mistborn first. The Wheel of Time is 14 books long and that can seem like a bit of a commitment

>Also it started an upward Renee in the quality of teliviison.

100% untrue. Actually, it is at the tail end of that trend.

Sapranos/six feet under/the wire started the trend. Before these shows, everything was sticom budget.

Breaking Bad was the major opener of the gates.

Game of Thrones started in the middle of the golden age, firmly after everyone started green lighting big budget TV. HBO now says they are not going to do big budget TV shows like they've been doing, suggesting GoT was probs one of the last.

It was weak-ass until these idiots fell for it

Great book series.

Good adaptation, until it surpassed the books. writing quality is trash now; Tyrion is a babbling idiot, plot armor like everything else on TV, taking away one of the best unique features of GoT. Also the entire buildup to have that last episode be it, made everything fall flat. Nothing fun or epic interesting anymore. I don't even care about Cersei's storyline anymore, and she used to be straight venom.

>plot armor
This. Who died in the latest episode, Beric and Ser Friendzone? We're a few episodes away from the end and it's like everyone's invincible.

Fanservice keeps everyone alive too. The Hound cant die unless he kills his brother. Brienne cant die until she kisses Jaime and Jaime cant die until he kills Cersei, but Tyrion also needs to beat her in a big way otherwise he cant die either. And Sansa has shit to do with her too. Dany too. This shit stacks.

Hodor

It’s still not over the ending could kick ass or suck. I hope the bad queen wins and kills all the faggot main characters. Picture related it’s the best character in the show.

Attached: F55921C4-5FDC-4013-AE01-C81BABF4A199.jpg (310x494, 24K)

Is Bronn still alive? He doesn't really fit in the story anymore, but did he just wander off?

No... he was contracted to kill Tyrion and Jaime. Did you not watch the first episode?

I was drunk as fuck, but I swear that didn't happen. Was it a really short scene? I might have been talking.

GRRM hasn't been able to release the final books because hollywood producers are cock-blocking him. They want to end the show in their own direction so they didn't allow him to release the books

youtube.com/watch?v=TIAn5btnAD0

I'm not sure Hollywood has that power. Releasing the book before season 8 would be crazy lucrative. I was posting about WoT before, but Martin has referenced Jordan and the Wheel twice in his books now. Maybe he's compiling notes and is finding his own Sanderson to continue after he passes? He cant finish the series any longer, he's too old now. He might be making a really thorough list of things he intended to do.

Attached: MoiraineServantOfAll.JPG.jpg (401x624, 56K)

Wheel of Time is amazing. Not looking forward to them fucking up e every thing about it. I'm also tired of the wait for G.R.R. Martin's next fucking book. Started Sword Of Truth series and Faithful and the Fallen instead.

Other than Tolkeins books, nothing beats Wheel of Time.

George would make a fucking killing if he released his books before the show finished. And then he'd make even more when the show was finished.

>Hollywood
wat

I hope he only uses Jordan as an example of what not to do

I look forward to seeing how they fuck up. I like watching people either fail to appreciate good things, or fail to consume it. I think the coming series will satisfy me in both ways. And WoT beats LotR, but not in originality.

Jordan's writing definitely has flaws and he could have cut a lot of fat, but he clearly made some good notes and his wife chose a great successor.

Holy shit that happened. I must have blanked that.

Attached: Egwene_al_vere_the_flame_of_tar_valon_by_reddera-d993rru.jpg (800x1000, 195K)

game of thrones is actually very good

the t.v. show simply ran out of source material and hbo started writing it instead of G.R.R.M.

hbo sucks fat cock at writing and it's why they are streamlining it to an ending because they know they are fucking it up and want to preserve the series as best as they can so that they can sell it on dvd and sell the rights to streaming services in the future for more revenue

the books are still excellent, they never got shitty, the story is even better in the books and the t.v. show just stopped really having much to do with the books after season 4, they had some bits and pieces from the books but basically did their own thing

in the books, strong belwast exists who is probably the best character in the fucking book, euron is a fucking badass goes to join danny, not cersei, the dornish people don't get fucked and actually have a story with depth and it isn't about 3 sluts but rather the club legged sand king with his disease, grey worm and darian have a different path, tyrion hangs out with a female dwarf, varys is way more of a badass in the books and a real contender for the game of thrones not just some fat fuck who does nothing like on the show and in the books he's really the one pulling the string behind dany

also, bariston has a different path, dany has other targarion relatives, jon snow is the lord of light reborn and almost certainly is going to slay the white walkers, no night king in the books, etc. etc.

books are fucking great, story is great, story is consistent, aria becomming a faceless assassin, hasn't reverted yet, training is more badass then some 15 year old girl beating her with a stick, instead it's the actual faceless man beating the fuck out of her, sansa isn't some strong independent woman who don't need no man, she is actually just an average gullible girl who keeps getting fucked over and isn't smart or in power or any of the feminist shit the show put on

Attached: tell on you.png (1334x750, 1.79M)

Arya ruined it all. She was a great character until she randomly fell into the faceless shit and assimilated all of the badassitude from the rest of the show. Now that the NK is dead, no one is left to stand in her way of becoming the ultimate supreme badass to end all badassness.

>Do you remember when "A Game of Thrones" was simply the first book of an awesome series and not an overrated piece of Hollywood trash?

Wow, so you are telling me you knew about GoT before they made the series?

You truly are a remarkable human being. Not like those normies watching stupid tv shows.

>satisfied?

Attached: Hipster Gimli.jpg (200x198, 20K)

none of this is a bad as the pseudo-feminist writing of Robert Jordan itself

>muh stronk women who need no man

In hindsight it surprises me that I read this bullshit as far as I did (I believe I read the first six books)

I dunno... What would you consider a higher rated fantasy TV show?
Or any show, for that matter?

Books are always better than the TV/Movie. Just learn to enjoy life user.

>Books are always better than the TV/Movie.

Really? Always?

Lord of the Rings.

The movie LotR was decent for some of the battle scenes but this comment make me question your degree of literacy.

>the books are still excellent, they never got shitty,

Feast was awful & Dance (while better than Feast) wasn't a patch on the first 3 books

Attached: 304DF657-BCAF-44EB-8C49-ADA23FE44C29.png (589x900, 659K)

Attached: 074F0F75-697F-45B6-ADD4-6B2B0AD692FF.png (600x900, 668K)

Attached: 7667C1AD-AB7E-4D3C-A57E-573F9FEA46C0.png (576x900, 588K)

>Sword Of Truth series and Faithful and the Fallen
SoT was my first foray into fantasy when I was much younger, so it will always hold a special place in my heart but be warned the series does take a steep nosedive in quality every consecutive book

FatF really surprised my how much I enjoyed it. The story is reads extremely generically, but goddamn it can the man write some gorgeous prose. He tells an excellent story, even if the story isn't excellent. I'm keeping my eyes on John Gwynne, once he finds his authorship footing he may become someone fierce

Attached: D14F7803-0626-4AF6-9700-0BF4C0B909DE.png (578x900, 478K)

A Song of Ice and Fire

It's actually not bad in that respect. It does a good job of making men and women distinct. Men are the ones who get things done and who plod along doing real work. Women are backstabbing and plotting witches who try to control everyone around them and the world itself. It felt well done

Both books have some amazing plot lines and scenes though

ALMOST NOBODY READS, SO NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THE UNFINISHED WAY BEHIND SCHEDULE BOOK SERIES.

All we (((got))) is the fucked up TV show.

>(((got)))
star wars coming soon silly goyim

I don't even know what this book is
Why are you spamming it here