Ask an actual licensed therapist who gets on Yea Forums from time to time anything

Ask an actual licensed therapist who gets on Yea Forums from time to time anything

Attached: 2b86264a73c8e8441e3db848ba756493.png (388x321, 490K)

how long have you had the gay?

Do you think most people that get on Yea Forums have some kind of mental illness?

Some people just need to talk to someone to feel good about themselves ;-;

Not sure

I think it would really depend what they do when they get here. If I had to guess I would say probably the majority, yeah.

This is true. Though it also makes me think about common misconceptions about therapy in general. For instance, most people think that therapy works because of the intervention, but studies show this isn't true. It doesn't matter how educated someone is or what style of therapy they use (to an extent), what matters is the connection between client and therapist. This is why transference is so important. How you relate to someone often dictates what issues you have.

So for instance if you hate women, but have a female therapist, it will come out in more obvious ways. People think they can hide it, but when you are spending an hour, week after week, talking about things that make you feel vulnerable, it's hard to constantly fake things or lie your way through. Inconsistencies arise that the therapist points out.

Let's go back to Yea Forums topics: have you ever smashed one of your patients?

Nah. Thought about it sometimes - and brought it up in previous supervision. It's pretty normal to think about. Takes a lot of education and a lot of supervised hours to be individually licensed and would be a waste of a career/my passion to do so, so it's really not worth it.

Do you come here for Yea Forums or to silently diagnose Yea Forumstards

Idk if your the kind of therapist that works with addiction but if you are, What cases addiction?
Have always wondered is it because of not having someone to connect with or is it just some thing that happens.

Do you really care about your patients?

Typically for Yea Forums. We all have some dark in us. Therapists are people too.

There are a lot of different theories and many of them have merit. Depends how you look at it and everyone tends to be different. The general consensus (like for most diagnoses) is that there is a genetic component and an environmental one. My belief is that there is typically some kind of need that isn't being met, and the addiction is a crutch used to help soften the blow of that need not being met. Genetics plays a role, but in my opinion it really just creates the framework that gets impacted by environmental factors.

Yes. Now, there are some patients I don't particularly like, but one thing to understand is that the therapy room is not about me, it's about them. If I am having a reaction to a way they are acting/things they are saying, I tell them (in a tactful way). That's part of the point of therapy, to get a genuine, unbiased/neutral opinion that could be influencing how others see you.

Do you believe in ghosts and/or aliens?

Also have you ever misdiagnosed someone for fun? Or maybe just cause you didn't like them?

Does anyone check your work/diagnoseses?

My therapist gave me venlafaxine to help cure depression, do you think it is useful? Something it seems to be working, but I often still feel very bad

That makes me feel better. I never really opened up to my therapist because I felt like they didn’t care or I was wasting their time so I just beat around the bush. I might try it again knowing that they are actually listening.

Is therapy worth it? Was diagnosed with major depressive disorder about 3 months ago, started out using Lexapro 20mg but didn't help and was switched to Zoloft 50mg and it seems to have helped a bit but the side effects are abysmal. Never tried counselling/therapy but actually see me doctor today to discuss my reaction to the medication change.
Would it be worth looking into in my case?

How do you cope?

what do you think about these US therapists who rat their patients to LEA?

Ghosts no, aliens yes. Though anything is possible.

No, haven't purposefully misdiagnosed anyone. Someone was checking my diagnoses for 3 years or so, then after that no one really checks them, but it would still be a bad idea.

For instance, lots of people in the individual's life. If they heard about the diagnosis, someone could easily do a little googling and think that it doesn't make sense. Eventually someone would find out and it's extremely easy to make a report to the board. Shit would eventually hit the fan.

If I didn't like someone to the extent I would risk my career like that I would just refer them out to another clinician.

Sometimes it can take time to open up to your therapist about everything. Therapists know this but are trained to not be pushy. Being pushy/prying can cause people to not come back to therapy...but it can sometimes also be necessary to get someone to open up. It's really an art form in a lot of ways, though there is research that backs it up.

It's worth it if you can afford it. Therapy should continue even after someone is able to cope with their illness/are "cured"...at least that's my opinion. And no, there's no financial incentive by me saying that - I take on several cases pro-bono.

I think you should try to find someone you think you could connect with.

Do you think I should act on my wishes to be cucked by my gf and should I try sucking cock if I think I’ll like it?

Can therapy help utter human waste to start feeling like a human being again and get back to society? Or is it too late?

Cope with what? The stress of life? Well, I still go on Yea Forums, so some might say I'm not as "well-adjusted" as other therapists, but that's really just a judgment. All that matters is if I am competent to be present in the moment with clients and that I am aware of my biases so that I can remain objective and treatment is not negatively impacted. If it is or I'm concerned it might be, I refer the client out to another therapist.

I cope the way most people cope - sometimes exercise - I play video games - I drink and occasionally smoke weed, lol

Depends on the crime. Sometimes a therapist is legally mandated to depending on the laws of the land. For example, one common thing therapists have to report is child abuse. In some states, even if it happened years ago, it still has to be reported. Failure to do so results in a fairly large fine/probation on your license and sometimes your license can be pulled. Depends on the consequences of not reporting, usually.

I was diagnosed with ADHD at 25 and I'm too anxious about taking stimulants because of the side effects and I'm worried It would cause panic attacks. I have no motivation and I'm too afraid of failure to pursue my goals in life and the meds would most likely help me. I've taken baby doses of it and It didn't kill me but it makes my jittery and uncomfortable, I can't bring myself to take them regularly even though it could turn my life around. What do?

How do I go about getting diagnosed, I feel like something is wrong with me but I don't know really.

I think it really depends -why- you like it. If it's just a fetish and you get off to it and then don't have those kinds of thoughts, then I think it's likely something you'll end up regretting if you go through with it - same goes if you just think about it when you're horny. If you went to a therapist and asked them about this (assuming they are competent), they wouldn't tell you what to do, but they'd help you find the answer. You know what's best for you, sometimes you need someone's help to hash this stuff out though.

Of course - rapists and murderers change all the time, as well as people who go on Yea Forums. I used to come here all the time and was extremely depressed, so I know it is possible.

Whats your honest opinion on DiD

Should I leave b forever

Attached: 1556570707320.jpg (750x545, 102K)

How do I cope with things like not being experienced enough at sexual stuff as other people my age? It’s such a hinderence that I can’t even meet new people because I know if we end up having sex, they’re going to know so much more than me. It’s crazy to me that people have fetishes and everything but my only “fetish” is to just fuck because it’s such a rare occurance that I don’t even know what I like and don’t like. I let it consume my life so much. How can I cope?

t. 25 y/o

Everyone around thinks I'm a successful man and all that. But I fucking hate the life I'm living. Yet I'm afraid to change anything in order not to disappoint the close ones. Advice?

Have you expressed these concerns to your prescribing psychiatrist/physician?

You would need to contact a local therapist for that. You can find a nearby one on psychologytoday. Education level typically does not matter, though people sometimes have preferences for the kind of therapist they want.

What makes you think something is wrong?

25? Are you serious? Grow up. You have plenty of time to be faggot, user.

Why do I have a physical attraction to my cousin? I know it's wrong but I want to fuck her so badly

I fake every emotion besides anger. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I like it bc I really love sluts and watching them bounce on cock. I want to gag on cock and have it throb in my mouth and have cum forced into my throat. I’ve eaten cum off my exgf after some dude jerked on her at a party after she passed out so i know I like cum... I def jerk off to all of this in my head

How are you? How's your day?

Oh dear God same. I would marry and breed every single goddamn day. OP help us

Way over-diagnosed due to malingerers from its appearance in TV shows and movies, but definitely a real thing in some cases of abuse or trauma.

It would be a good idea most likely, but probably it would depend on the effect it has on you and how long you typically spend here. Some people are under the impression that it has no effect on them, but what we surround ourselves with makes all the difference.

If a hardcore atheist who hates religion spent 12-16 hours a day at church, every day, for an extended period of time, I would be surprised if they didn't have some kind of religious beliefs by the end of it. Humans are creatures of habit.

You should look up mindfulness and find some books on it. It sounds new-agey, but it's all about staying in the moment. Think about every time you have been nervous about this obsession when around others. You were not staying in the moment. Your thoughts were drifting. Think about the way a dog approaches life. They are fully engaged in what they are doing. That is mindfulness. The first step is recognizing when you are having these thoughts. When you are able to reliably catch yourself having them, you can slowly start to be more present.

You seem to have a case of the "should"'s. Nothing "has" to be a certain way. These are judgments...sometimes in place for a reason, but usually just arbitrarily determined norms.

A few things come to mind. What I would do first is determine what exactly you hate about your life. It can be easier said than done sometimes, so it's easier just to throw a blanket term of hate over everything. I'm sure there are things about your life you do enjoy. You should try to pinpoint the things in your life you don't like and then make steps to change them. Talking with your family members about this could also be beneficial.

When should one seek therapy? Is general "consistently feel bad"-itis enough?

Have you encountered situations you weren't qualified to treat? Do your patients often drop bombs on you that make you refer them to someone else like that?

I was told I could try strattera but he wouldn't recommend it as its not very effective in his experience and the side effects are worse than stims. I also stopped seeing him after missing an appointment from my sleep issues and am too embarrassed to schedule with him again.

God id love to blow my load inside of her. Would be a dream come true

I meant coping with the things patients burden you with?
As a medical professional as well, though not to the same extent as psychologists or psychiatrists, hearing so many patients talk about the way their complaints influence their lives, the dark humor some of them have, the emotional and social struggles they live with, etc.... has often brought me down at the end of the day. I've always been able to stay composed but it definitely gets tough sometimes.

I've been told that when you go to therapy what you talk about can't leave that room once it's over for the day is that true?

Why do i feel like i dont deserve nice things?

not OP here

I don't think there's a threshold. I wasn't feeling bad about anything when I started. My gf at the time was going through some family crap and said it really helped her and that I should try. I thought "why not?". Been going 3 years now

Did you grow up with them? This is more normal than people would like to believe. Sexual thoughts are normal. The shame you feel is because you know there would be major consequences if you acted on these thoughts. It's protective.

It only becomes a problem when it starts to make functioning harder for you. Is that the case? If so, you may want to consider exploring these thoughts with a therapist.

Sounds like numbness to me at face value, but I don't know anything about you so I could be wrong. Anger is typically a secondary emotion - it doesn't just come out of nowhere. Typically, it's the result of emotional pain. How long have you felt this way?

Sounds like maybe you're bi? Nothing wrong with that unless you're hurting others or it's causing you some kind of distress.

Pretty good so far, thanks. How has yours been?

I can't finish and thing I used to enjoy, like ganes or books. Like my mind is always running and changing topics, I will occasionally scream like an aspy with no reason. And other things that definitely aren't normal. I occasionally also see shadowy figures in the corner of my eye but I know they aren't real.

Hi op.
Not sure if this is a therapy or psych question but I was wondering if you would have any idea or expertise to know if I tell my state court appointed psychiatrist I’m transgender instead of what they diagnosed me as “shizoaffective” Will I get in trouble or simply be put on Estridol instead of Risperdone?

I don't just want to fuck her honestly it's something more than that. I dunno what it is but I'm gonna hit it raw someday. I just GOTTA

Attached: ed6d6fd32de233160e2398c95b37ec99fc002f031fe534c93c6caa7eefe29335_1(1).jpg (1071x775, 133K)

I've lied about semi related things to every therapist I had and they were none the wiser

Yeah I grew up with them. Always had a thing for them but after puberty hit she became so much more desirable. It doesn't stop me from doing anything normal, it's just something always on my mind when I see her

Try to explain it user

is she hot?

Not OP, The shadowy figures are from stress or anxiety. I've had them too

Ehh kinda. She's got the literal fattest ass I've ever seen and I can only imagine the clap. I hate her boyfriend so goddamn much. And I dunno I've tried to explain it but I can't. All I know is that I must smash. I feel literally obligated

Ive been jumping from job to job.
I have no degree or desire to go to school no motivation really except the gym.
>24 and not sure if I'll last in my current job am I the problem?

I'm a depression fag as well and as far as I understood it, the medication is there to enable you to work on it.

then fucking do it. I banged my cousin. Felt great. Although she wasn't really into giving blowjobs, which I like. But hey, at least I got to partially fulfill an incest fantasy

Depends what the issue is. In my opinion though, everyone should be in therapy. Even well-adjusted people. Therapy isn't just about helping someone when they are in pain, it's about improving one's life and maintaining functioning.

As for encountering situations that I'm not qualified to treat, sure. I don't work with children, and sometimes people call me and I have to refer out. That's just one example but there are others.

No, I've never had someone tell me something that has made me refer them to another clinician before. This rarely happens with most clinicians. The only reasons I can think of that this would happen is if the client told the therapist something that caused them to fear for their safety/outside their area of competence. For instance, a couple examples could be the client admitting to stalking the therapist (this wouldn't make the therapist run out of the room by the way - they'd be alarmed, but they'd still process it with the client and explain why sessions have to be terminated/they need to see someone else). Another example would be if the therapist realized that the person would benefit more from a therapist who specializes in such-and-such a treatment.

Of course, in the later case, the client could always say, "no, i don't want to see another therapist" - it would be unethical to stop seeing the client in that case (unless they were being harassed/stalked/etc, or the client couldn't pay, potentially)

Clinicians see this kind of thing all the time. In some clinics I've seen half the patients in a day not show up. I can understand the embarrassment. Do they have an email you could schedule it with, maybe?

I think it's all about balance. For me, when I play video games, typically I say strange/weird things that aren't professional and can be a little trolly. People would never guess that I'm a therapist. Part of it is finding what works for you. What kinds of things impact you that patients talk about?

How do you feel about patients who have given up on trying?

Any good ways to deal with the anxiety?

Since i was a child. Dunno when it started. Not exactly something you can really ask family members but from what Iv heard it started somewhere around 5 years old. Makes social gathering incredibly difficult as i constantly have to scan the crowd and evaluate what is going on. Also a sexual sadist which makes relationships difficult.

>then do it
Nigga don't you think I would if I could? She says she'll never think of me like that JUST because we're cousins. The kicker is that we're not TRUE cousins. Her father was adopted into the family. Literally no relation

I thought you were struggling with your inner self and hadn't even brought it up with her

Yes, with some exceptions. It varies by state/jurisdiction, but those exceptions are usually related to child abuse/abuse of a vulnerable person (elderly/disabled) or posing a serious threat to yourself or others. Therapists do risk assessments to determine these things. Just having suicidal thoughts, for example, is not going to get you locked up. Also, side thought - people have this idea that if a therapist commits you, guys in white uniforms drag you away. While this can happen, it's pretty rare. Usually the client knows they need help and voluntarily get placed into a higher level of care.

Other exceptions include when clinicians work with minors. I do not, but I know clinicians who do. In many states (perhaps all? not 100% sure on this, I'd have to look up the legal codes) the parents have a right to know what happens in sessions. Many parents choose to waive this right, so that their son/daughter can feel comfortable talking with the therapist. Some parents don't waive the right, but the therapist makes a contract with them that the parents sign that the therapist only has to inform them about x, y, z (such as suicidal behavior, but not inform them about drug use or sex, etc).

Sounds like depression/anxiety symptoms. I would suggest talking to someone at what could be the underlying reason for all of this. Maybe have your eyes checked too? I know someone suggested anxiety, which could be the case (we often think things are wrong with us if we notice something abnormal, kind of like hypochondriacs do). Who knows though, could give you peace of mind to know your eyes are fine.

Oh no no no. It's very obvious. Don't worry I have zero morals

Attached: ae677c6ff74c1dfc7aaa83ede500a675537e6ab2a5fa01bc46e7485240af25c7_1(1).jpg (610x372, 17K)

Dubs of truth I guess. It's hard. I hope you get better user

Why can't I muster any motivation to do anything? I've been floating through the motions of life for over a decade now feeling completely empty and no will to make a change.

I don't have any experience with transgender individuals, but I do know that your psychiatrist is there to serve you. I can't imagine why you would get in trouble.

Sure, that's why therapy can take a lot of time. Therapists typically automatically believe clients unless they have a reason not to. It would damage the therapeutic relationship to just assume clients were lying.

It's amazing how strong those thoughts can be, isn't it?

Sounds like depression. It's good your going to the gym. Have you ever talked with a therapist? Why do you believe you have no motivation to go to school or do other things?

I feel that this is a normal part of depression/pain symptoms and it's necessary for the therapist to try to find baby steps that they can take and being present with the individual in the room. Sometimes just getting them to come back to therapy is a big enough goal.

Does it cause you distress? Have you experienced any trauma?

I want therapy but I dont have insurance

If you've been floating through life for over a decade, doesn't that mean you've been doing things? Is there something specific you want to do that you haven't been? How long have you been feeling empty for? Was there a catalytic event that sparked these feelings?

Hello, fellow working class American

Not the same user, but why wouldn't you fuck them?

I preferred when you did vocaroo.
I'm a 40 year old virgin.
If I was your patient would you be my wingman for the night and help me talk to a woman or go to a prostitute?
I would pay of course.

Please answer.

Do a google search for pro-bono therapy for your state/wherever you are. Most therapists take a number of clients on for free, if they are able to take the hit financially. There are a lot of places that don't take pro-bono clients, but still offer a sliding scale...so if you think you can't afford it, who knows, you might be able to find something.

I've seen some places from time to time accepting to see someone for something like $10 a session.

I've had moments where I wanted to get involved with various projects and moving my career in certain directions but never can keep the moment of motivation and clarity for more than a few hours.

I honestly don't know where the emptyness started, maybe in highschool? I'm 30 now, I honestly don't know where it all went away. I have my moments of clarity but they're fleeting.

Yeh, you have to catch yourself being anxious. You have to stop and think "Is this a rational fear or just anxiety?" Talk yourself through it and focus on breathing. Don't ignore it but tell yourself you'll think rationally about what's bothering you when you're calm. Distract yourself with something you like to do if possible, if its a phobia I rationalize it by thinking if my phobia was truly something to be afraid of then everyone would be afraid of it. Some people don't even fear death, even on there worst days. Be zen nigga

is there anything I can do if I want to commit suicide and it's been so long that i don't feel as though I could ever want to live?

On point user
Thanks b/rother I didnt know about that.

How does therapy work? Do I have to go to my first session and start opening up about everything that's bothering me? Cuz I dont think I could do that. I can answer questions honestly but theres no way I could get the ball rolling.

I never did vocaroo, it's possible that was a different user.

Prostitute no, only because it would be an ethical violation to help you engage in illegal activity (unless we were somewhere where it wasn't illegal). It actually would be an interesting question to ask the ethics board, now that I think about it, since some consider prostitution to be exploitative of women in general (I don't, but some do). I wonder how the board would see that.

As for being your wingman, maybe in the sense I'd be there for moral support. I sometimes go to the mall with clients and we make goals for them to do to expose them to anxiety provoking situations. It's called systematic desensitization and it's usually the go-to therapy for anxiety disorders.

>Sure, that's why therapy can take a lot of time. Therapists typically automatically believe clients unless they have a reason not to. It would damage the therapeutic relationship to just assume clients were lying

I guess that makes sense. would you consider that a serious problem in therapy?

Also thanks for this and I hope you don't get your own mental health problems because of your work.
You're pretty based.

I'm on venlafaxin and it helps me

I hate the leverage my libido gives women, I'm considering chemical castration. I s this uncommon in your experience?

Would be an ethic violation if a woman colleague of yours (single of course) would consent into having sex with me so I stop being a virgin?

How often do ppl cry during the appointments? I cry like 50% of my appointments. Sometimes more than I got a time where I feel good and don't need to cry. Is this common?

Not therapistfag, but the first session would most likely be just getting to know each other. After that, it'll be them slowly asking you deeper questions- beginning with what you feel (anxiety, depression) and trying to find the root of those problems.
People think its some sort of instant cure, but it takes time and dedication- at least a few months for any sort of results.

Cause distress? Hmm lets see. Im on wife 2, despite not being 30. Am well known to be insanely calous to people, have been yelled at repeatedly doing the incorrect emotion at the wrong times (laughing when the situation calls for sad for example), am usually left unsatisfied sexually because of an overwhelming desire to cause harm during the act.

Trauma, unsure. Family has said before that they believe something occured to me as my behavior changed overnight but seeing how i dont remember anything and i can remember events from being a toddler, i dont think anything has ever occured.

I'm a chiropractor, as such I've seen multiple patients with conditions like ALS, Parkinson's, etc... whom I can't specifically treat for their disorder, but help with maintaining their ADL's and limiting their pain. The way they talk about their condition, how they reminisce about their pasts and outlook on the future is rarely in a positive way, so even though I try to influence their pain behaviours they often still stay in that yellow-flaggy zone. I hugely respect the things you guys have to go through because some of these patients can massively drain my energy during treatments.

Another struggle I've dealt with, luckily only a few times, is getting patients with red flags. Often as a first point of contact, they wouldn't expect anything too severe but I've had 2 cases where my suspicions of cancer were confirmed with the patient eventually dying. It's those and their rapid degeneration that affected me the most. Aside from staying neutral and disconnecting professional from personal life, how do you deal with those?

Branch/es?

Sounds like depression. How fleeting is fleeting? Do your moments when the fog is gone only happen at night/the day? Is it once a month? Year? These could be good things to think about to try and pinpoint what the issue is. Some people get depressed solely because they don't have enough sunlight, for example.

A lot of people struggle with this. You aren't alone. You want to commit suicide but you haven't, because we both know you want to live. You just don't believe things can get better. What if you're wrong though? I think you would greatly benefit from therapy.

Typically the first sessions is the intake (maybe 2 sessions depending on how much info you give). This is where they'll go over informed consent/confidentiality/etc, and then learn more about you (history, medication use, family, education, shit like that). They'll also hear about your presenting problem/concern. It could be something as simple as "i feel stressed a lot".

There is no right or wrong for how much you share. The therapist is just starting to get to know you, and understands you aren't going to tell them everything. It's pretty normal for people hold back at first, the therapist knows this. When people finally start revealing things that are genuine to their pain it's known as therapeutic surrender. They just give in to the process because they start to let their defenses down. It doesn't happen overnight. It's due to the therapist building rapport with you.

Do you ever feel lonely from your perspective of always having to deal with others ossues while sometimes following trends they follow? Do you have supervision?

Ever since I broke up with my girlfriend I've felt like I am in a heavy distress. The reason the relationship broke off is because I felt continually insecure, I couln't speak to her on a comfortable level and I felt like she was out to get me, for some weird paranoid reason.

Now that we broke off I feel like these feelings are permeating through other aspects of my life as well. I feel huge anxieties when I'm alone so I continuously surround myself with people in my personal life, and while there are plenty, I feel like It's not helping at all. I feel that because I'm so insecure and down on myself all the time that I'm expecting the people in my life to fix my issues, which is irrational. I think it was the same for my relationshiop. As such I'm gaining nothing out of my personal relations to people and I feel hugely uncomfortable to be alone. As such I'm spiraling into a complete uncomfortability of being. I feel if I just complain to friends all the time that they will leave me and I will be left all alone.

I have already gone into a little bit of therapy and they told me to try and get routine in my life, but this is not helping yet (excercise, healthy eating, set times for food/sleeping).

best help for severe social anxiety?

feel like I am constantly under achieving - with work and with women. I'm debt adverse and I don't really like dressing up and 'playing the game'. feels like I have a problem with authority/the system yet I need the benefits from it - I'm not some hells angels member.

lots of anger towards my parents/father that just stopped working for years because he felt like he was entitled to everything.

Lefttard here. What's your opinion on capitalism?

How much of your patients concerns revolve around sex/sexuality?

Not really, but I think it would be something good to bring up in therapy. I've seen a lot of real-time therapist training sessions and I'd love to see where it would go if a client told a therapist, "I've been seeing you for months now and I've been lying to you about everything." It's all about transference - the way we approach others. Doing that in therapy says something about you. The idea is that eventually you'll be comfortable enough to mention it to the therapist, or at least hint at it.

I've had my own mental health issues since before I became a therapist (though I've improved significantly, of course). Used to struggle a ton with social phobia, as many on Yea Forums have I assume. Still deal with a little depression from time to time, but it's unrelated to my profession. I've actually become much happier since becoming a therapist.

To have thoughts about that, no. We all have extreme thoughts. To be seriously considering it? Well, maybe there could be an issue. It sounds like you might have impulse control issues? Could be something you could improve on.

Yes. It happens, but it's a huge ethical violation. It also wouldn't really help you. I know you think it would, but let me ask you this - if your therapist had sex with you, would it really "count"? After all, wouldn't you just assume she didn't really want to, but only did it because she's your therapist? That's just how I see it. I read incel forums sometimes to see how people box themselves into different ways of thinking.

People cry all the time. Sometimes in the first session. Sometimes a year in.

I think you could benefit from talking to a therapist. If I may ask, why did you get married if you feel no emotion? What attracted her to you? Most importantly, what do you want out of life?

Wow your a faggot go back to pol theres people here with actual problems who want answers

My job has me outside a -lot-, I walk about 4 miles a day. I don't think it's underexposure to the sun.

Fleeting is usually just a few hours, some times the bursts of motivation band clarity can last a whole day, but I spend most of my time in the fog, I've become accustomed to feeling that pain in my chest accompanying deep sadness and/or anger, usually anger with myself for not being able to get out of it. I've tried forcing myself to do stuff to fiurther my career and hobbies but I usually fall back into that fog to quickly. At least when I'm super sad or angry with myself I feel something, but about half of my waking hours I am just empty. I slept from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. yesterday because I couldn't bring myself to stay out of bee after work.

>Yes. It happens, but it's a huge ethical violation. It also wouldn't really help you. I know you think it would, but let me ask you this - if your therapist had sex with you, would it really "count"? After all, wouldn't you just assume she didn't really want to, but only did it because she's your therapist? That's just how I see it. I read incel forums sometimes to see how people box themselves into different ways of thinking.
I know it wouldn't really help.
And I know my lack of sex isn't my real problem.
My real problem is my non existent self esteem and confidence.
And tbqh even this is just a symptom of a much bigger issue that goes a long way back and I can't pinpoint exactly.

I'm sorry, I was just trying to entertain me, I'm really not bad looking, neither fat, nor short and clean and smell nice and if I had enough money to go to a therapist again I would like (as a dirty fantasy) if my cute young woman therapist would just let me fuck her.

Sorry, I'm a bad person. I leave this thread because I clearly destroy the quality.

Anyway, can your therapist help you find a job? Or is unethical too? I want to find a job to reant a place and leave the basement of my parents but it's not easy. Could you help me?

I guess I just leave myself outside of the therapy room. I just try to look at it from an intellectual perspective, I guess. I haven't had many terminal clients, but yeah, those can be tough. I guess I try to look at things from the perspective that there are things we can't control, and sometimes just trying to be there for someone is all we can do. Be there with their pain. Sometimes just actively listening without judgment, as someone expresses themselves, is enough.

I don't know how I deal with it, specifically. Have you talked with a therapist? I think processing these emotions you have in a one on one session with someone could lighten your burden some.

I enjoy connecting with others, but it can sometimes be lonely because it's a very 1-sided relationship. I know everything about them, they typically know very little about me (though there are some clients I've had for 1-3 years who know some about me).

I work at multiple places, and in one of them we do group supervision about once a month. When you first start as a therapist you are required to be supervised for 3 ish years. This doesn't mean that everything you do/say is supervised, but if issues arise/you get a difficult case, it can be nice to have a supervisor.

Fuck you, i won't do what you tell me!

>I read incel forums sometimes to see how people box themselves into different ways of thinking.
Also I'm not an incel, I don't like this term and I post only in Yea Forums, Yea Forums and /g/ which have many well adjusted individuals.

At what point do you recommend cutting contact with a toxic family member?

I think my dad is a psychopath, or at least has psychopathic traits, but he's not diagnosed.

He's intelligent, works as a doctor with multiple specializations.

However, during 50 sessions of specialized PTSD treatment, I only spent 1/3 of it discussing my adult near-death experience, and the rest of it discussing my dad. Mainly him putting me in a chokehold (but not squeezing, though he thought about it) when I was six and some physical violence from age 4.

Ive been trying to find a way to transform my relationship with my dad. He stopped being physical after the chokehold but he's still intimidating or even threatening when upset (he started driving eratically to threaten my now adult brother last month).

He also puts people down when he senses an opening, but if you put him down back he'll be nice for a while. I dont want to behave like that though.

I get panic anxiety just seeing his picture, and Im always on edge when I see him or talk to him on the phone.

I would prefer no contact whatsoever but feel guilty about it. Itll probably be impractical when meeting those of my siblings who remain in contact with him. For now Im ok with seeing him (preferely at a distance) during such events.

Is it ok to cut contact? Would email be ok? Any advice on how? We live 500 km apart so we thankfully see each other rarely, and it would be kind of awkward to bring it up at a celebration (Christmas, birthday) and have the day ruined for everyone.

Nice larping, faggot.

I’m having trouble not showing off my cock to women. I’m married, but love the reaction I get from women. What do?

Sounds like you aren't being present in the moment. Look up mindfulness activities. You need to basically retrain your brain to not go down these rabbit holes of yours, and to be more grounded in the here and now. It takes practice - sadly, there is no quick fix.

Try this - next to you are alone, sit on your bed and just notice things. Try and notice them without judgment. Try and notice them as though you are a curious scientist noticing something alien for the first time. Ask yourself these questions: Where do I feel the discomfort in my body? Is it a dull discomfort? Aching? Sharp pain? What are the symptoms? What are the specific thoughts I am having, right now? What can I hear right now? What can I smell? Taste? How does the bed feel against me?

These kinds of questions, over time, can help keep us present.

Depends on the individual. People respond different to different things. I would start by going up to strangers and asking them for directions/where something is/the time/etc. Too hard? Just go for walks in places near people. Too hard? Figure out what the smallest possible step could be. That's usually what eliminates anxiety. Therapists see this a lot in social phobia cases. I saw it in myself. Next time you feel nervous, try and stay in that situation for 45 minutes. You'll realize you don't feel anxious anymore. Sometimes though it's not about eliminating the anxiety, it's about letting it just...be...without judgment.

Got married both time because without someone to tell me no, I tend to escalate down self destructive behavior.

As for her attracted to me, Im a semi attractive male with a good paying job that allows me to provide her with a secure future Im assuming.

What do i want out of life? Nothing really. Just to live and be left alone. Complicated question that one can not really answer, aint it? What does anyone want out of life?

I steal my neighbours panties and fap with them, am i retarded?

my gf and i agreed to a monogamous relationship one and a half years ago.
i'm bi, and like to send and recieve dickpics via kik. on three or four instances i sent pics of her via kik, no face.
she feels i've cheated on her.
is she overreactig or am i in the wrong here?

Attached: fühl_kerl_pickelhaube.jpg (460x609, 69K)

You're doing the wrong here

Sounds like you've got some anger

I am a fan of it. It's not perfect, but nothing is. There are problems with and some things are unfair about it, but the world poverty rate has been cut in half over the last 50 or so years, which I think has a lot to do with capitalism.

A lot. We are sexual beings, and everyone wants to be loved.

Nothing wrong with being an incel, it's just an argument I've heard a lot. Nothing wrong with fantasies either.

Yes, therapists can help you find a job. Career counseling is actually its own field. There are a lot of assessments one can take that can help guide them towards their ideal career. Not really my cup of tea, but careers are a large part of our lives and career counseling actual involves a lot of normal therapy techniques. There's a lot of overlap between therapy and career counseling, since jobs impact us so much.

Sounds like you have a pretend extensive toxic relationship with him. I would definitely advise not seeing him again, but I don't know your full story. We have to take care of our own needs. You thinking of your siblings/your guilt just shows you care.

Why do you believe someone would larp this?

What happens directly before you feel the urge to expose yourself to women? Very rarely do things happen out of nowhere. Sometimes it's a thought, automatic, and very quick. Sometimes it's an event that triggers the thought.

Not therapy user but I doubt many want their pictures spread withput consent.

As for the dickpics, its up to you and your gf to decide what you consider cheating. If you cant compromise one of you might get frustrated and leave the relationship though.

Replying to the first part: I have tried mindfulness, as well as general breathing exercises. I also tried the method you described about sitting on my bed and analysing the situation and my feelings, since my doctor advised me to do the same. However all these things just tend to get me agitated more than anything.

I just feel like I'm in a loop and that there is no exit strategy. I feel like my relations to people are worsening and I tend not to pay attention or remember the things they tell me despite trying to catch it all. Instead I am thinking about a lot but at the same time I'm not thinking about anything.

Is there something wrong in the way I'm taking on these methods?

Tbh, it doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s an ego thing. I love that women love my cock. I never get attention like this at home.

>Why do you believe someone would larp this?
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Angry troll found

>Nothing wrong with being an incel, it's just an argument I've heard a lot. Nothing wrong with fantasies either.
>Yes, therapists can help you find a job. Career counseling is actually its own field. There are a lot of assessments one can take that can help guide them towards their ideal career. Not really my cup of tea, but careers are a large part of our lives and career counseling actual involves a lot of normal therapy techniques. There's a lot of overlap between therapy and career counseling, since jobs impact us so much.
I want to ask something else too.
PLEASE ANSWER ITS VERY IMPORTANT!!!
My last therapist was a woman, she really helped me with some stuff but I run out of money so I had to stop.
After I manage to find a job to pay the bills I'm going to restart therapy.
What do you think is better for me, a 40 year old virgin?
A man therapist or a woman therapist?
Who would help me more gain confidence and self esteem and learn how to treat and approach women?

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Do niggers tongue your anus?

any advice for someone that had moderate brain injury?

had a lot of aggressive thoughts.

Yes, i'm a licensed nigger anus therapist.

Kys.

Failed psychologist here. I tried to be a therapist myself but massive depression got in the way, then I tried working on HR but failed miserably. I even lost an unpaid internship; they never answered back. and now I'm a neet suffering everyday. What do?

work online. having some money in your pocket will cheer you up.

Bump

i'll try. ty

Is the free will an illusion?

Hello "doctor"
I have been systematically cheated (either literally or just had my expectations not met). There is nothing that bringed me more joy than to share my life with someone whom wanted a lover, friend and Co conspirator.
I'm now struggling to find a goal that doesn't revolve on relationships as I have come to the conclusion that it is just setting me up for betrayal.
However, my search for meaning has been fruitless so far as the effort/value ratio of it all seems unworthy. Self preservation seems shallow.
Any tips?

Sorry you got sucked into Yea Forums doc.
Yea Forums is a cancerous meme bomb bent at decimating minds to the point of diagnosable autism and social degeneration.

This

/Thread

This board is flooded with the bottom feeders of the internet who absolutely hate their lives and don't rest towards the end of dragging down as many people with them as they can.

>This board is flooded with the bottom feeders of the internet who absolutely hate their lives
True for me.
>and don't rest towards the end of dragging down as many people with them as they can.
Not true for me.
I don't want to hurt anyone but me.
I try to stay positive now, I don't call people faggots, or retards now or tell them to kys.
I expect a miracle and the Yea Forumstards and the fa/tv/irgins and much less often the /g/entoomen are the only people that I can be honest towards and show some sympathy and some common traits to me.

I think i'm developing schizophrenia are there any definite signs?