Is it true that smoking weed long-term causes permanent brain damage?

Is it true that smoking weed long-term causes permanent brain damage?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5068875/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

Fucks up your hippocampus, which regulates formation and recollection of memories

prove it then

Heavy cannabis use continually over multiple years is correlated with some measurable memory and motor skills deficits.

So technically yes, but you would have to be 420 blaze it all day every day for like 2 or 3 years for the effects to be permanent.

So you could say your memories would be lost, like teardrops in the rain?

YEAH LOL FUCKING IDIOTS

I smoke up to 4 or 5 joints a day sometimes. How fucked am I?

Well, it looks like your credibility is shot so far.

epic post

Once a week would be fine but every day yeah youre fucking yourself with a 12 inch memory loss dildo

its neuro regenerative and anti psychotic so no, pure cannabis smoking does nothing bad for you

It fucks with your short term memory, yes
Long term? I don’t think so as i can remember in details shit that even i sometimes question myself as of how the fuck can i remember shit so vividly whether it’s random or important

It decreases the volume of the hippocampus by 10% or more during heavy active use. Recovery is possible though

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5068875/

false attribuation

what it is is anti inflammatory, it does not impact or impair neurological function

reducing inflamaation of the hippocampus is not a bad thing and i know youre on a retard list

You can say it isnt all you want but everyone knows people who smoke a lot got terrible memory and shit.
I did and I'm definitely dumber now even though I quit

It's a decrease in volume, not a decrease due to anti-inflammatory properties. Jesus christ, read the study

>We believe this is the first multimodal MRI investigation of prolonged THC and CBD exposure or abstinence on hippocampal integrity in current and former cannabis users, respectively. We confirmed that hippocampal volume is reduced in long-term cannabis users, and found that this atrophy can be restored following prolonged abstinence. Moreover, we show for the first time that both hippocampal volume and neurochemistry are reduced to the greatest extent in users exposed to THC without CBD.
Learn to read

That's not true. Neurons naturally regenerate and cannabis use has no correlation with that. It has positive effects with neuro-degenerative conditions mostly due to its ability to induce relaxation.

And it's only an anti-psychotic insofar as it is a minor sedative. However, it is also a mood stimulant. You don't want to give someone in the middle of a psychotic episode cannabis, because it's got a 50/50 shot of either mellowing them out or making them freak the fuck out with sudden paranoia.

>use continually over multiple years is correlated
correlation =/= causation
and
you could put ANYTHING in front of that statement and it would be true.
I'm looking for HARD FACTS here.

It really depends on the person. Some people can smoke everyday for 10+ years and be fine while some will experience memory loss type effects after smoking just a few times.

You're an idiot.

Correlation =/= causation

But it heavily IMPLIES causation. It could be falsified, but as it stands it appears to be causal. There are no hard facts, just theories that have yet to be adequately challenged.

...when would those effects kick in? I've been smoking heavily for about 10 years and my memory and other cognitive functions are okay...

>Claiming that a shit that grows with many chemicals to be consumed by millions of idiots and that also alters your nervous system does not hurt in the long term
Yeah sure, the cartels crae about your health

Attached: UAUAA.jpg (622x635, 39K)

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5068875/
"such harms are minimised by CBD"
so the answer to op's question is no because he asked specifically about weed and not pure THC which does not occur in nature.

I am taking a psychology class right now and I remember reading about heavy use of weed before the age your brain fully develops can increase your chance to have schizophrenia later in life.

>it appears to be causal. There are no hard facts
kek

Attached: zIHKCQ0.png (450x334, 115K)

yup.
I agree.
Legal age should be 24.

oh
AND
the study only had 111 participants and this could be used to base laws on.
which is total bs because the study is highly flawed.
it is a bad study in more ways than one.

>Australia.11, 12, 13, 14 Alcohol or cannabis use were measured separately
kek

Okay, go back and read the OP post again. He didn't claim anything.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

false attributation, its not from the cannabis, but the method in which they smoked. find a case study done on fit healthy successful people who smoke cannabis and its neuroregenerative. u find someone smoking in its mothers closet mixed with tobacco and no lifestyle yes

read the fucking study

I legit think the worst part about smoking is the fact it makes you the REM state of sleep

Their are some short term memory effects as well

But not being able to dream sucks I think it alot more important then we know

google functions of the endocannabinoid system

Skip*

I have been smoking at least two bowls a day for the last 6 years, and plenty before that. Started at 16, never quit. My short term memory is ass. My long term is ass. Also impossible for me to show extreme emotions. People think I don't give a shit but I don't react over things like close family dying, getting fired, good things too like getting my first car, stone faced. I am excited... just have no will to show it anymore

thats just cause ur a lazy cunt futher reiterative looking for a scapegoat

Incorrect. There is nothing lazy about me. I live a full social life and work full time.

a full life would imply balance between mental and physical faculty outputs

Gotta ask... how would you even know? The majority of people I know who smoke everyday have no concept of how retarded they are. They tell me the same stories and remember nothing. And the all- ALL- refuse to believe that weed is the reason, because they refuse to believe their memory is shit

a study within the last few years demonstrated that if you use dope habitually during your teenage/young years, then you can suffer a drop of up to 12 iq points, permanently.
Waste of potential.
Apparently it isn't so harmful when you are fully developed/an adult, though it has been proven to unlock schizophrenia in those who are prone to it. Any mind-altering drug, is altering your mind, one way or another. It isn't hard to see.

You already said that. Why did you post twice?

no
only people who drank the koolaid believe this shit

Nice blade runner reference

elon musk
joe rogan
graham hancock
william shakespear
queen victoria
george washington
ghenghis khan
sabutai
literally any and ALL explorers/sailors from 10,000 bc(and earlier) up to 1900s
DUDE WEED

michael phelps

This is what I have heard, YES weed will make parts of your brain smaller but your brain in fighting against this creates more connections in your brain hopefully stopping any negative long term effects. So hopefully your brain can keep up with you destroying it, also check out lions main mushrooms, it could help keep your brain healthy idk.

rob van dam
mike tyson
ANY fucking musciian.

cannabis wasnt the factor that made their brain smaller, its ironic because of how small urs is. thats correlatory to the actions of the study which was funded with bias from the beginning and the sample population was corrupt

my dad tells me the same stories but has never smoked. put that in your pipe & smoke it

nfl players are being prescribed cannabis post head trauma for recovery over petrochem mindwashed garbage u stupid peon 2k19

>muh made up anecdotes trump peer reviewed research on the subject

please, tell us more

This

Yes ,this is 100% true...but

Inhaling car fumes is a lot more damaging. Eating awful food like Mcdonalds, does irrepairable dmg to the brain as well...the quemicals that are used as preservatives...

Alcohol consumption literally shrinks the brain.

Over stressing and raging emotianally also kills you quicker and damages the brain in ways that are more profound and significant than anything weed will do to you.

this is why i just drink, alcohol has never killed anyone

Twenty-first Amendment 1933

good luck getting an amendment in this climate...
every civilized country looks to the US and when they make their own decisions they don't work out so well.

Attached: 5fUcCYE.jpg (495x471, 23K)

years old man I wanna is Tuesday

k no

Are you fucking retarded??

that doesn't answer my question

How fucking retarded are you? God fucking damn brainlet, instaed of asking on this god forsaken website Google that or check Wikipedia faggot.

And yes it fucking does and no, no one here gives a fuck anyway

God fucking damn go neck-rope yourself

Attached: 1556287312979.jpg (720x960, 83K)

Holy fuck, so angry!!

Well my ex smokes a lot of weed and he's legit retarded, so yeah I'd say it's true!

there is rewiring going on the more you exercise an altered state. cns stimulants like ritalin or adderall do rewiring as well. best to keep away from that stuff.

i think weed is good for therapy but not for long term use.

Yes

Dude you should chill out and smoke weed

I know right?
Like this is the only thread on the board.
maybe his just died 0/0/1

Lmao, I may loss memories from the last place I've put my phone in, but it only takes me 10 more seconds to find it, and my IQ is still 148

Anecdotal. I smoked everyday for about 7 years, quit cold turkey. No noticeable memory problems, and know several people who did the same

I agree, you are now dumber than ever before

Jeez I sure hope not

Attached: woops.jpg (302x302, 24K)