Is a person's age relevant? I'm exactly the same as I was 20 years ago...

Is a person's age relevant? I'm exactly the same as I was 20 years ago. I see no difference between my "young" self and my "old" self.

Attached: 1545411545625s.jpg (250x141, 3K)

Besides the effect of ageing on your organs

That's not exactly a good thing.
It's not age that matters, but what you've experienced.
If nothing has changed you, well, shit son, looks like you've sheltered yourself from the world.

not at all. it's a reminder of why we're here. is that we're not. I had already called upon judgement day and rapture last year. humanity no longer exists. this is the dawn of praying in which I purge the Earth. Repeat teh mantra of Death's job my soulless wonderer.

If you see no difference from your young self and old self, then you haven't made any efforts to improve yourself. You've floundered and failed.

I don't agree. Your psyche is pretty much formed by your mid teens.

Not really.
You just have time to develop some mental tools in your childhood.
When you're an adult, there's nothing but pressure and an expectation that you're all sorted out.

It's harder to change as a man, but still possible.
It's only the very stupid who don't change at all.

I didn't even exist 20 years ago

>Agelets
When will they learn?

My old self looks exactly like my 20 years younger self. I sometimes get paid as a decoy to trap deviants. Part of my main job is blending in with much younger people and surveilling them.

Not really. You're just assuming you know what type of person I am in the first place. I'm talking about personality above all else.

user just be yourself, age doesen't matter anyways, it's just a number. Once i have my very good friend who has 91 years, and i can tell you that he was very cool guy despite his age. When my crew and i making wonders (drinking, joking, make comments on some beautiful girls etc.) peoples who were see us with our old friend was always jealous, because they couldn't reach to us and our friendship. Unfortunately our friend passed out last year and we are always paying respect (remembering) to that ol bastard. Life is good, just learn how to live

I haven't stopped learning and changing. Don't bet on not being stupid.

Yeah, so was I.

Your personality shifts as your circumstances shift.
You know, you get a shit job you don't care about, you mostly socialize, focus on whatever bullshit seems important at the time.
Then through some hard work you get to be competent and your job is something you take pride in, there's usually a family involved, obligations, responsibilities, etc.

All that shit changes you.
Even failing at any or all of that tends to mark you.
The only way to avoid change is to never engage the world.

So? Your soul is entirely different from mine. I already hated everyone by the time I was 12.

>personality
>any or all of that tends to mark you
>I already hated everyone by the time I was 12
You're not engaging his words.

>The only way to avoid change is to never engage the world.
>I already hated everyone by the time I was 12.

And I did preface it with "It's only the very stupid who don't change at all."

Yeah ok if we're talking about the fact you're just as much of a loser as you were back then. Then yeah, your age doesnt matter

That's actually pretty pathetic.

He or she was talking about people becoming jaded with shitty jobs, and then they mentioned something about family and obligation.

>I'm exactly the same as I was 20 years ago
Same but I'm 20

>Then through some hard work you get to be competent and your job is something you take pride in
You missed something.

Hard work doesn't change your personality. And neither does procrastination, for that matter. Seriously, there's no difference between old people and young people. It's all a construct.

Oh, you're a nigger!
lol, yeah, no, you're basically always gonna be the same.

No it's not

>Hard work doesn't change your personality
You're demonstrating that your personality makes it nearly impossible for you to accept that change is a possibility, or that things could be otherwise. Hard work is an experience, forced or by will. Like any experience, it will have effects. Marathon runners perform hard work while they train to run a marathon, and that ranges from the physical to the mental. There's no reasonable means for you to argue otherwise. Your only real choices are to accept that, or rationalize an unreasonable reason as to why regular endorphin release and marked improvement in physical health wouldn't positively affect the psyche, for example.

And anything could happen. It doesn't have to be a positive correlation. Slave labor is an example. That would change someone who had previously never been in bondage. When it comes to procrastination, the explanation is similar. Anything of an experience is going to affect you, if you're saying it was experienced.

>there's no difference between old people and young people
There are several differences between the young and the old. There are also several differences between individuals of either group on their own. You can't truly argue otherwise, because a true assessment of that statement renders it impossible to ignore what people call wisdom, or work ethic, or knowledge, or morbidity, and more. Infants are not 30 year old adults who have worked themselves into the routine of a day job, complete with societal etiquette, and the habit of feeding themselves and cleaning up after their own messes.

There is so much you've chosen to ignore. That might just be your personality.

Seems to me like only the average, common people change that much as they age, mainly because they don't really have a personality to begin with. These people never end up known or significant.

>Infants are not 30 year old adults who have worked themselves into the routine of a day job...
By "young people" I meant those who have already reached full development.

>Seems to me like only the average, common people change that much as they age, mainly because they don't really have a personality to begin with
I seriously cast doubt on this idea. The core tenants of my personality have survived all of the shattering and piecing back together, but I can tell you that I'm not the same person I was 4 years ago, let alone 2. Let alone 1. Things happen, and I change when they do.

This doesn't mean I don't have a self. I just made adjustments, because I intend to learn from the experience, and not suffer myself the same mistake a second time. I'm learning. Always. That drive to stay ahead of the game is a part of my personality that has never changed. I can't exist if what you say is true. A whole collection of people who many acknowledge as significant couldn't exist either.

>I meant those who have already reached full development
Make sure you're satisfied with the goalpost. Don't make the same mistake twice.

No mental growth? No new experiences?
No expansion of your horizon? That's not good user...

That's bad. You basically haven't had to endure hardship in any sort of way that made you evaluate the way you need to be and how to treat people. You didn't change views? You didn't change even something like your goals? Even something as minimal as fashion sense? Your eating habits?

I can't imagine being that stagnant.

>Make sure you're satisfied with the goalpost.
It wasn't moving the goalpost. An infant is never referred to as a young person.

>This doesn't mean I don't have a self.
It's funny that you felt the need to say that. I'm sorry but you can't have a self and be constantly changing. As for myself, World War 3 could happen and I'd be no different than I was before it were to take place.

If you are exactly the same as you where 20 years ago, hate to tell you bud, but you're a loser.
Everyone's immature and inexperienced in their twenties, if you're the same as that dude... you suck
Unless you're like 65 now, in that case, sure whatever

Attached: 1555849537078.jpg (752x670, 100K)

user, people just pretend they're different in old age than from when they were young. The truth is, most are simply more boring by then, and they figure it doesn't matter anymore who they are.

I wasn't immature in my twenties. I had no sense of humor and I was serious about everything.

>An infant is never referred to as a young person
I did a cursory Google search, because it's the new thing to do.
>infant
>noun
>a very young child or baby
A very young child or baby. A young person is most certainly an infant, because an infant is a young child, and a child is most certainly both young and a person. Infants have certainly been referred to as a young people in recent times.

>I'm sorry but you can't have a self and be constantly changing
Your body is regularly exchanging many of the trillions of cells that constitute it with daughter cells, while your brain is actively making more memories as time elapses. However, you apparently still have a consistent sense of self.

If World War III were to happen, I would certainly change some more. There are things I would never do. But having the awesome power of the sun truly end civilization would make many of my reservations trivial; in a world bereft of nearly gentrifying societal tenets and statutes, in the caricature of nuclear holocaust, I don't imagine my reservations about human life would hold.

I consider that a personality change. A very drastic and dramatic one.

Having no sense of humor is immaturity. You couldn't even relate in a social sense.

Socializing is overrated. In reality, all that matters is whether or not you can pass as normal in social settings.

See, you are still just an edgy teen, aka a loser

He obviously means his base personality and not his experiences.

then you're probably just too ignorant to see the changes

This

I feel like the same person as when I was a young adult, so to that extent I agree with you.

But when I talk with 20-year-olds and their perspective on things, I tend to be reminded by the difference the last decade and a half has done on me, lol.

kek

opened thread just to check if someone made this post.

That's right you're fucking bullshit