Anyone know anything about bedbugs...

Anyone know anything about bedbugs? Apparently one of the residents at university house for next year has/had bedbugs in their room.

It's not my room or any other that's affected (assuming it is actually bedbugs) and the landlord/agency has said they will treat their room and make it pest free before my move in.

Is it worth taking their word on this or should I seek other accommodation? I wouldn't be considering this had I not signed already and then been told about this afterwards, but now that it's already agreed and deposits paid and shit I don't know whether it's worth worrying about it spreading or not.

Attached: 300px-Bed_bug,_Cimex_lectularius.jpg (299x210, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauveria_bassiana
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bed bugs can get out of hand but if your landlord is doing serious pest treatment it should be fine.

One thing you can do is buy some diatomaceous earth and put the feet of your bed in cups filled with that stuff. It is not harmful to people.but will dry out any insects.

Bedbugs are hell.

Meh, bed bugs running off walls, and dropping from the ceiling are not unheard of, they are resourceful predators.

This

They're almost impossible to get rid of. Just get used to them. It'll itch a little in the morning but don't scratch it and it will go away. If you scratch it, it will just get infected and you'll have scabs all over your body.

This, embrace the blood letting.

you really need to get the fuck outta there and burn everything you own

Fuck bed bugs. Here are some signs to look for and ways to combat
>look for rust colored spots around your matress. These are shells and feces
>itchy small welts in very small area or in a line
>a weird musty smell
>start washing all your clothes and sheets in boiling water
>bedbugs cant stand heat. Steam your matress if you get any
These fuckers are hard to get rid of once you get them. They spread easy and can live for a while on clothes. Good luck

They can live for 6months+ w/o feeding.

Laundry, seal it all in bags.

Sleep in the same bed as they are in, let them eat you. If you relocate..they will find you which causes infestation to spread to other areas. Steam the crap out of your furniture (120 degrees Celsius will kill them). Place diatomaceous earth under all your baseboards (light coating is all that is needed).

Repeat the steaming of the furniture. Heat is the only thing that kills eggs. Bed bugs are becoming immune to pyrethoid. So don’t rely on chemicals. Just keep killing them. Lots of work, but can be done.

That's fair, but even then they are more likely to crawl down the bed legs and go through the chemical anyways so they will die in the end.

Also, they aren't really predators. Parasites is the more appropriate term.

This.
If you're really worried, invest in a bedbug-proof mattress cover.
If they come back again, call your landlord and they'll sort it out.
Metal bed frames are better for keeping bedbugs in check. They like to hide in cracks in wood.

Putting feet of the bed in cups of water/chemicals doesnt work. Bedbugs are crafty little cunts that'll crawl up onto the ceiling and just drop down onto you instead, if they're hungry enough like says.
Follow this guy's advice too. If they come back, nothing works and your landlord gives up just move. As a renter you at least have the option of just moving away from them. Just be sure you dont take any bedbugs or bedbug eggs with you on your clothes or bags when you move or you'll just bring the infestation with you. Wash everything in super hot/boiling water (wash your whites/sheets in bleach) and throw in the dryer on HOT three times.
t.Worked for years in hostels and hotels. If you hear hostel/hotel staff talking about "Code B" then they're talking about bedbugs.

& everyone else, thanks for your good replies. Interesting to know what works and what doesn't.

Currently in a bedbug - free house, just a matter of whether to risk moving into one that's had bedbugs (albeit in a different room and apparently will be treated before my move in) or just go through the stress of making alternate arrangements.

Suppose I'll have to see what my options are, honestly wouldn't mind if the whole place got heat treated but don't know if landlord would do that lmao. Anyone know how effective that is? Heard about one guy leaving the whole place as a sauna for 24 hours with success.

yeah good heat treatment & fumigation is the main way to go to get the fuckers. usually your landlord is legally required to take care of all that at his own expense (unless you live in a shithole country).
if he's doing all that before you move in then you'll be good, just a good bedbug proof mattress cover and basic hygiene will help prevent them from coming back. stay on top of vacuuming, cleaning your sheets/clothes and it'll help.
In the years I worked in hostels it was always the dorms where the near homeless-looking backpackers stayed in that got bedbugs. ie: the types that go to Thailand and India to "feel the chakras" and come back after not having showered or done laundry in 3 months. Like another guy in the thread said, they can live for ~6months without feeding and their eggs can sit around for 6 months to wait for human activity before hatching. They'll hide in woodwork, walls, nooks and crannies and the only real way to get rid of ALL of them is heat, fumigation and a good steam cleaner; all of which your landlord sounds like he's taking care of.

its called "a blood meal"

Been dealing with them for 8 years. I stopped upkeep because I got health issues for a year now and now dying so I can't keep up with it. Our landlord doesn't care so thats it.

I think you can mix yeast into a water bottle to make CO2, which bedbugs are attracted to cuz we produce it as we sleep obv.

Put it in a Tupperware container with paper towels taped around the outside. They can crawl up the paper towel into the Tupperware, but they can't climb back out. You can check the next day and see if you caught any. You can also wrap a layer of tape around the perimeter of your bed, as they cant climb across tape either, anything with a really smooth surface.

Good luck bro, might wanna double check the ingredients for CO2 but everything else should be good info

I slept in a cheap motel that was infested. Work up with giant red blotches all over my body and face

bassianus fungus treatment is the new big thing in killing these fuckers, try to convince the landlords to use a pest controller that has this treatment

Clean up the house, put all your clothes that were on the floor in bags, and put diatomaceous earth around your bed and crevices were they are at and on their little poop spots on the bed.

If it's already way out of hand, replace your mattress

Burn the house.
It's the only way

Theyre pretty fucking hard to get rid of. Id go elsewhere

i misnamed it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauveria_bassiana

For the poors that can't afford professional pest control, it is possible to get rid of them by being a neat freak, i speak from experience.
You have to be absolutely fanatical about your vacuuming and hot laundry routine, and it will take weeks if not months until you crash the population to a point where they can no longer breed viably.
Do not bother with chemical sprays, all the store bought stuff is too weak, diatemaceous earth is useless, just vacuum fucking everywhere, every day.
Another good weapon is lighter gas (butane) adapted with a regular aerosol nozzle.
Spray this into crevices, or anywhere you see bugs and eggs, it will instantly freeze them to death. Just try not to cause a butane explosion.

they'e a lawsuit worthy nightmare to get rid of, depending on the situation. I would definitely try to find out how hard they're trying to get rid of them before getting anywhere near that place.

I wouldn't risk it, they can sometimes be impossible to remove.

used to live with 2 friends and one of them was the party bro type and would always invite 6-10 people to the house to drink and smoke weed.

one day i notice bedbugs, and lose my shit. party bro moves out within the week and other friend moves out as well.

its my house and i can't just fucking leave it, so i endure the cunts and end up living in hell for 2 months.

Move out to live with my mom. two years pass and stepdad wants me out so i move back in, paranoid of bedbugs.

no sign of them for the first 2 months and suddenly i swear i seen and killed one. stressing hard about these fucks, no one cares its not their problem. spray all kinds of shit in hopes im killing them.

Weeks go by but i never seen another one and never got any bites. i start to think i just imagined the bedbug that triggered my PTSD.
now live in a different house, no bedbugs and i wouldn't wish these cunts on anyone.

122°F kills them. 120°C will kill anyone. A sealed car on a hot day kills them.

How do I know? I work for a cab company and we heat-treat our fleet once a month because random people in the back of the car every day.

The PTSD is real,I haven't been bitten by one of these fuckers in over a year, but this thread has made me itch all over, and my skin is actually going red in places.

Don't go there, dawg. Do not go there. #3 Do not move to that place.

I lived in a packed house for a while then someone brought bedbugs and it was horrific. I literally threw away as much of my shit as possible to avoid bringing them with me and moved ASAP. You should be able to get the deposit back over that but if not.. fuck that money. It is not worth it.

Abandon all hope once you see this shit OP

Attached: IMG-20190314-WA0003.jpg (2340x4160, 1.26M)

the only way to treat them, is to burn the plafce down, and all the clothes you had on you when you walked in, take a long ass shower in bleach and get into a new pair of clothes. trust me, do not move into that building at any costs, even if they say its pest free.

Attached: 6389767736.jpg (1514x1624, 189K)

I had them for two years. I had to manually kill them all myself and throw out my bed at exactly the right time. I would not0 take their word for it. If there are other options, take it.

this shit is hell, it gets on EVERYTHING and is impossible to clean up and doesn't even solve the problem it just minimizes it

Once they're in your bed they are more likely to camp in your mattress.

Why take the risk? If they're wrong then everything you own is infected. You can't trust just moving after the fact unless you throw away everything you own they can even hide in books.

If summer time the trick is take clothes, electronics, etc put them in black trash bags but fill to allow for them to flatten out. Lay out in the summer sun for a few hours. Test with cooking thermostat to confirm it is hot enough enough in the bag for a few hours. That is now your clean shit to move.

bed bugs are the worst thing ever and in a dorm forget about them ever being eradicated. don't believe the fucking shit landlord. get yourself some bed bug traps for bed legs, a bed bug mattress encasement and buy some cimexa dust off amazon to spread around both underneath your bed and the entrance to your room etc. fucking most people are mongoloids and in dorms they will spread everywhere from the eggs when people are doing laundry, do not do your laundry in a common laundry if you have one

also forgot to add that cheap $5 a fucking jug vodka in a spray bottle kills the adults. just fucking dose your sleeping area in it daily. it will evaporate and won't bother you, but shit if you have bed bugs you'll be a fucking alcoholic in no time. the time I had them literally could not sleep naturally had to black out off booze every night