What is the best way to cook a medium-rare ribeye steak, Yea Forums?

What is the best way to cook a medium-rare ribeye steak, Yea Forums?

Attached: JJ2.webm (568x320, 1.05M)

heavily salt and pepper, in the oven at 225 until center temp reads 130 with a digital thermometer, then into a scalding hot cast iron pan with vegetable oil. Sear all the sides for ~30 seconds each, put in a big blob of butter and spoon the butter all over the steak. Will be the best steak you've ever eaten, guarentee.

I thought sear before.. then put whole cast iron directly in oven?

reverse sear?

In an iron pan sauteed with an herb butter, see Gordon Ramsey on youtube

Cook it medium rare

Get a New York strip instead of a meme-eye steak first

season well then let it sit until it reaches (near at least) room temperature

i had a jew york strip steak yesterday and i like ribeye's better

gordon ramsey is some british faggot,what the hell do british people know how making good food

don't forget to let it rest for tenderness

God I hate this argument.
Do you like lean steak? Get a NYstrip.
Do you like fatty steak?Get a Ribeye.

Jesus.

>implying i was being serious

id rather eat your mother's ass instead of a steak

Bring to room temp. Put a generous amount of salt and pepper on both sides. Sear in a pan with just butter to make both sides lock in the flavor..bonus points if you use a pair of tongs to sear the edges as well but not required. Transfer to the oven preheated to 225 until it reaches desired doneness. Almost as important as letting it come to room temp also let the steak sit off heat for 10-15 mins before cutting to let it settle. Fantastic steak, super easy. Enjoy your dinner.

Either this
Or sous vide at 120F/49C for 2 hours and then quickly sear in a smoking hot cast iron pan, 15-20 seconds top

Sous vide will change your life

Never tried that before. I’ll have to look into it.

how long do you leave in oven i dont have a meat thermometer.

Do. I cannot overstate how amazing it is. It makes it literally impossible to over- or under-cook meat, and you can do insane things like cook a steak at rare temperature for 24 hours. It's perfectly rare but you can cut it with a fork.

I even made some scrambled eggs the other week that were interesting as hell. I bought an Anova Nano circulator for $100 on Amazon

Kys

If you don't have a meat thermometer, don't cook expensive cuts (unless you're doing sous vide)

if you dont have a meat thermometer,use your dick instead.if it goes into the steak then its nice and juicy and ready to eat

Buy a meat thermometer. Kek.

Omg. You heard it here ppl. Don't do anything this guy tells u not to do.

will tell you only if you give sauce

Enjoy constantly ruining nice cuts of meat

unless you personally are eating it,why do you even give a fuck? let the idiot ruin his meat all he wants to.white people ruin chicken all the time when they dont use any seasoning

Jewels Jade

What difference does it make? Will anybody's life be over if their fucking steak doesn't come out absolutely perfect? What a fucking loser

I constantly ruin nice cuts of meat. What the fuck are u gonna do about it bitch boy?

That's pretty cool, I've heard of that being done once or twice before but never knew the name or what it was exactly, thanks Yea Forumsro

If I turn it up to 450 it'll be done in half the time right?

>impotent rage

It's ok bro, nobody starts out knowing everything. Get a decent meat thermometer and learn to cook

I have some advice for u. Kys. Fucking loser.

>u

What are you, a teenage girl on AIM in 2003?