Why do people think it's wrong to eat dog, it's just like any other animal

Why do people think it's wrong to eat dog, it's just like any other animal

Attached: Dog-Meat-for-Consumption-for-Sale-at-a-Market-in-Hanoi-Viet-Nam_Q320.jpg (320x320, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-cBe7wyE3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because its stringy and not very nutritious

I'm talking about on a morality level

Just because you can eat something doesn't mean you should. Also, it's a poor use of a resource. Dogs can be useful. You can burn gasoline in your fireplace, but it's a stupid thing to do with it.

But don't get me wrong. Dogs are annoying. Kill them all.

I'd have to disagree because there are dogs breed for eating and dogs breed for everything else, I don't know why eating them is considered bad

We'll if it's just about morality then why would you kill and eat a family member? And if you can kill something you're attached to then who knows how low you can go

I'm sure ranchers are emotionally attached to the cattle but they still go to the butcher

For dogs, the term "a man's best friend" has meaning. The dog has always been there for mankind and has always worked for us. Whether it was for war, defense, work, or just companionship. Most dogs are loyal beasts with the right training and care and throughout history, most people can say that dogs have "earned" the right to be treated better than your standard pig or goat.

Attached: 47585071_347340425849119_2829918730703497197_n.jpg (480x480, 37K)

I don't think it's necessarily about eating dog so much as the way the animals are procured and prepared. The chinks who sell it usually steal people's pets instead of using purpose raised dog (as they usually claim) or culling stray populations. They also usually torture the dogs to death as a part of some bullshit "traditional Chinese medicine" ritual (something about how the pain of the death is supposed to raise the chi temperature. I dunno. I'm not a fucking slant eyed peasant). In the west we also don't eat dog because of emotional attachment and the fact that herbivores taste infinitely better (and are cheaper to raise) than omnivores or obligate carnivores.

Because most of the world keeps them as pets.
It's as simple as that. At the end of the day it's just another animal being eaten. But we hold sentimental value to that type of animal.

Horses too, yet people eat horses.

it's only immoral if the animal was raised and slaughtered immorally.
take the chinese, for example. every animal they eat is tortured and neglected it's whole life and then cooked alive, therefore all chinese food is immoral.
that's why I refuse to eat kosher or halal. the only humane way to slaughter an animal is to destroy the brain immediately. bloodletting is fairly painful, and extremely frightening to the animal.
captive bolt is more humane by a mile. ideally the bolt would be more powerful and larger, destroying more of the brain faster.

Only the people that raise show cows get attached. It's hard to get emotionally invested in something as dumb and annoying as a cow.

Well no it's not sentimental. Humans made dogs and domesticated them and not for the purpose of eating

Cows and pigs are pretty damned smart.

Pigs are smart as fuck. You can teach them to do all kinds of things. It's damn near impossible to train a cow to even load into a trailer. Theyre dumb as shit.

there's evidence we evolved alongside each other to the point we affected each others DNA, not just us fucking with dogs in the last few centuries. How fucked up does a branch of humans have to be to ignore something that exists in the base of who we are.

I'm fine with chinks eating dogs, even though I never would. What I find disgusting is the squalid conditions they are kept in and the fact they like to beat them to death and boil them alive because they think it makes them taste better

There is nothing wrong i myself wouldn't mind trying it but asians like to torture the dog to death cuz it "tastes better" other than that eat whatever animal ya want really

This user has a point. Can't really call cows smart when they constantly get stuck up stairs

How do u know destroying the brain is less painful than blood-letting?

Predatory animals have been killing prey through blood-letting means since the beginning time (attacking the neck then holding it down till the prey runs out of blood). Why would you think destroying the brain is less painful when animals have basically evolved into killing and dying in this way? Why do you think religion wants us to kill animals like this genius?

Additional you retard, kosher and halal has a few prerequisites that must be completed before death. Not sure about kosher, but for an animal to be killed in the halal way it must: (1) not see the knife that kills it (2) not see other animals be killed like (3) live a happy life. Those of course are before the animal is killed through blood letting which, FYI, is more humane because it loses all oxygen and air so just faints while dying where it feels no pain.

this books title takes on a different meaning in korea

Attached: adp.jpg (178x282, 12K)

Ok then non-working dogs are fair game right? They’re literally just stupid pets for lonely losers

haha this fucking guy. as someone who has worked in a slaughter house that is halal. let me tell you none of that happens.

Also are we really trying to debate slow death compared to instant death? Are we fucking for real here? destroying the brain is less painful, how the fuck can you not know that?

their meat is as nutritious as anything you’ll find in the grocery store, try again retard.

Nothing morally wrong with eating a person after they’ve already died assuming they don’t have family or friends that would want them buried or cremated.

Korean people actually believe killing the dog as painfully as possible enhances the flavor.

There's a reason why Japan is #3 and China is #2 while Korea isn't even top 10

They also think being left handed is a choice and they punish children for using their left hand in front of adults. That's why they suck at baseball, lmao

sadly true

It's immoral to eat dogs due to the fact that they where bread and moulded by man as companions, protectors and workers. Their minds are wired to love and protect man, their only desire is to love an protect man.

To eat / kill / harm dogs is to betray humanities greatest ally.

No other animal hunts for, protects, loves and obeys humans like dogs do.

They have earned their right to sit at our side.

Yor so lost in your own loneliness you have to eat anything that gets close to you.. what a fag

There is no reason, pigs are arguably smarter than most dogs and a human can form a owner relationship with a pig like a dog.

>it's just like any other animal
Not technically, we eat preys because they're usually more nutritious and delicious; dogs also evolved with us and helped us hunting.
If you're hungry, can't find any prey and a wild dog is around, then yes, there should be no moral problem eating it.

Attached: predator-eyes-vs-prey-eyes.jpg (460x309, 39K)

I don’t think it’s wrong at all. We eat many animals that don’t pose a threat. I think the problem becomes to demostication rather than food supply.

No, this is not the Korean way.
We eat dog because dog delicious. Fear when kill dog made most delicious.

I don't think it's any more wrong that eating a cow or a pig or whatever.
I can respect that (mainly) Asian culture kind of accepts it (same as ours accepts eating cows) but I also understand why it's culturally a taboo for the Western culture.

It's the process of killing it - and the conditions that they live in - that I find shitty as fuck. Skinning or burning a dog alive is pretty sick, so is keeping them in tiny cages by dozens. Although that might not be the norm, I wouldn't know. And the conditions that the animals that are ok to eat in the Western culture are pretty shit as well.

I myself don't think I'd be able to eat a dog or a cat (unless I was in extreme conditions). I ate a horse twice though.

Attached: Výstřižek.jpg (295x300, 11K)

Unproven

Are you literally broken in the fucking head? Have you had a stroke in the last hour?

I'll bite.

#1 Because I am not a savage who eats everything in sight.
#2 Because I don't eat pets. Chickens and cows can be pets wouldn't eat them either it my kids had named them. (rule in my house is that you must keep a reasonable amount of pets)
#3 Because they taste terrible.
#4 Because eating carnivores is bad for your health, food pyramid and concentration of toxins and shit
#5 Because keeping a large pack of dogs is hard, and I don't like eating animals off the streets. You have no idea what they ate or what they might have contracted.
#6 I don't want to. FUCK YOU THIS IS A LEGIT REASON AND YOU KNOW IT. Fucking children don't eat the randomest shit and we don't hassle them, why are you trying to get me to eat something I don't want to?
#7 I can eat raccoons too, why in the shit would I want to? Fucking trash pandas.
#8 Dogs have earned their right to be treated better than other animals. If ANY animal has earned a bit of respect from the human race, it's a dog.

Etc.

And again because apparently you retards don't get it: EAT THEM YOURSELVES AND FUCK OFF. I DO WHAT I WANT.

With food in plenty, people will gravitate to preferred foods. It only takes a bit of starvation and dogs become food.

Attached: food animals.jpg (750x608, 92K)

We should eat seals..

Attached: 56862366_10157352060994916_7057775283406897152_o.jpg (1875x1337, 327K)

Fuck dog.
Whale is god damn delicious though

I don't understand the order here... why is the rabbit left of the horse? Why is the retriever right of the bulldog?

Shut up, fucktard

Are u mad?

Eating Rabbits raw, anyone?
youtube.com/watch?v=M-cBe7wyE3I

How do you know they taste terrible if you haven’t/won’t eat them?

Off by one....kill me now

>the dog has always been there for mankind and has always worked for us.
Do you know how “dogs” came to be? You’re super intelligent buddy.

Oh and “for dogs” what does the term “mans best friend” mean exactly? You sound retarded as fuck lmao

Attached: 1515478810189.jpg (2158x3000, 451K)

I'll tell why parts of Asia eat dog.

Chinks & gooks eat dog because they are poor & because beef is scarce in that part of the world. Even fish has cheaper than beef in places in S Korea.

Yeah just like human meat, nothing wrong at all. Meat is meat.

Yes, or horse...

Except for that pesky Jacob-Creutzfelts disease...

idk, it's stupid and hypocritical, like most people.

but cruelty tastes delicious.

I don't eat meat at all, of any hind. and I'm not for carelessly killing people but when you get down to it, meat is meat.
Just don't eat brains of anything, that's fucking stupid and is what mainly causes those diseases.

This, Chinese boil fry and burn their food alive. God damn bug people

>Much evolution

You understand evolution perfectly.
>Prey evolves to die easier with bloodloss to make it easy for predators.

Charles Darwin would be proud.

Because I come from the north. And here dogs have allways served as companions, that got us out of trouble. So eating your friends, is considered, a dick move.

I wanna milky milky

Truth moab

Nature usually doesn't take "least painfull way to go" into it's accounts... I've seen a gazelle having it's guts pulled out alive by hyeanas.. Doesnt mean it's the least painfull way to die. It means it's the method that keeps the meat fresh the longest.
Also you come off as a class A retard.

Because dogs as companions are the reason we defeated the neanderthals. Respect the camaraderie.

Attached: 5622117286.jpg (908x1586, 137K)

Do you eat a wrench or a rake? why would you eat a dog?

Attached: 1554945113114.webm (480x272, 966K)

why is it right to eat any other animal?

I'm assuming you are not familiar with sarcasm

Religion literally does not give two fucks about animal cruelty btw. You are supposed to bloodlet because sand people believe blood is dirty.

Wrong video

Attached: 1550101827043.webm (320x426, 1.56M)

Attached: hmm.png (691x630, 203K)

Why do people think it's wrong to eat humans, it's just like any other animal

Attached: To Serve Man.jpg (1200x629, 72K)

Exactly, I mean we're one of the few intelligent animals but once dead there's no difference.

only rice niggers eat dogs.

This is why Muslims should be executed, nothing wrong with just blowing their brains out ala the western method.

That's Canada

Pretty much. Also tastes bad.

It's wrong to eat any animals. If you're going to pretend you're better than animals then start fucking acting like it you fucking primates.

discord..gg/yg4NaW5 ((remove the extra dot.))

Server with no rules. Post whatever you want without risk of ban!

Rekt

loli/shota

Because of the traits we selected when we domesticated them.

Dogs were bred from wolves. We picked the wolves that showed the most desirable traits to us humans, affection, protection, and companionship. Dogs were bred to be our allies and genetically they love us by the very way they were programmed. Eating a dog is much akin to eating a human. Eating a Wolf however, is a different story.

Sheep, Cattle, Chickens, all were bred for consumption. None of them show affection or love for humans the way dogs do.

And if you prefer eating human?

Why in fuck would you eat a horse? The dumb shit people do...

because of the emotion attachment in most places of the world... in some countries dogs are just like pigs

Why wouldn't you? They aren't good for much else anymore.