What do you think about Mount Everest?

What do you think about Mount Everest?

Attached: B15EC367-44DA-4877-8714-EF54E758EFA6.jpg (992x744, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Delsalle
youtu.be/rW_6eO6VMpk
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's big, and not worth the climb.
I'd rather just look.

Looks spectacular. Not worth almost dying just to see it closer

We don't need it anymore.

It's called Chomolungma (ཇོ་མོ་གླང་མ) you racist

It's littered with garbage and corpses...but whatever floats your boat.

When I was bored one day I used google earth and photoshop to put my house on the summit to get a sense of scale. It's pretty huge.

You wouldn’t climb it, given the opportunity?

Well, we knocked the bastard off!

Isn't K2 taller? Big deal.

It isn't. But K2 looks taller because it's more pointy and the mountains next to it are smaller.

No. People die climbing Everest every year.
Also it would suck because once you get to the top you have to climb all the way down again.

Attached: 7nohX.jpg (673x592, 101K)

Its covered in shit and dead bodies.

Pussy

At least they’re frozen mummies so they don’t stink

Attached: draugr.jpg (592x380, 96K)

I've taken shits bigger than that

Attached: long-lines-up-everest_fe.jpg (639x360, 45K)

I KILLED PAARTHURNAX

Can you imagine the fucking stamina it takes to do that

I would never want to risk my life to climb a fucking mountain, which serves no purpose other than knowing you were at the top at one point.

Checked.

Was coming in to post something similar. The dubs make it better.

You mean stand in line?

Yea but it takes some balls to do that shit. You also have to be in pristine shape, which is more than most

A guy with no arms did it.

You could be an asshole and get to the summit via helicopter. The downdraft from the rotor would probably knock down all the flags and mementos climbers left there too.

Jesus.
Must have amazing legs

Over 4000 people have made the climb. With improved gear, about 700 people will climb everest each year if the weather is decent.

It's so gorgeous

been legit thinking of climbing it for the last few days

saw it from 140km away on the Nepali border with India, and even then it was spectacular. Asked my guide where it was cause there were a bunch of clouds on the horizon and he was like "look above the clouds"
I was at ~13000 feet of elevation and even from the distance and my altitude those 28k foot mountains are fucking huge

You have to start out with smaller mountains and work your way up and get your lungs acclimated to lower oxygen levels. If you’re a smoker either quit for a few years or forget about even trying

It costs about $11,000 to climb it and you have to get a permit from the Chinese govt

Its a tourist trap with a significant chance of dying. Why bother?

based user

did he die jerking it?
this is one of my greatest fears.....

The best I ever saw was the Rockies in Wyoming at a KOA campground. Basically a field of flowers in front up me and then just big ass fucking mountains sticking up into the sky, probably the most majestic thing I’ve ever seen in my life

I quit smoking about 5 years ago and I'm /fit/ so I'm confident I can do it. But you dont have to start with smaller mountains, thats only a reccomendation. $11,000 is just for the royalty fee, the agency charges $45,000 on top of that + gear. I'm well off so I can afford it.

>muh midlife crisis

uhhh, copters can't get even remotely close to the summit.

nice, I grew up in Colorado hiking the 14,000+ peaks and the Rockies are my idea of heaven

One doesn’t simply just start climbing mountains bro. You really should acclimate yourself to it first but that’s just all the experts opinions

living at higher altitude helps
i live in albuquerque - mile high
when i go to houston i can breathe like a mofo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Delsalle

I'm jelly I wanna do that

I'm gonna climb mount Everest and I'm not gonna die

It'll probably have a chairlift on it sometime in the next few decades.

is he kill?

i think not.

More power to you man. Use a satellite connection to post timestamps in here

You acclimatize yourself on the way up. You go to basecamp 1 and stay and train for a few weeks, then go up to 2 and stay there a while, then you go to 3, then when you're going to go for the summit you start that days climb at 2 in the morning. Only 6.5% make the summit. .. its not a one way up one way down trip. Watch "death on everest" and other movies like that, they've worked out a whole system. Its quiet safe, only 1/4 die. I'm already suicidal so I dont give a shit, it would be an epic way to go.

it's mostly just walking, drinking water regularly and tripping the fuck out on how fucking high up you are

I can recommend trying Pikes Peak first. There's a road someone can drive you up and drop you at the top and walk down. About 10,500' there's a guesthouse called Barr Camp where you can rent a bunk or even some small cabins or a tent site and camp. Some running water you can purify there too. And then hike down the rest the next day. It's 14 miles from bottom to top so you can definitely do it in one day but breaking it up is reasonable for newer hikers/back-packers. They run a marathon up and down it every summer too, along with the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Saw a video of some guy dying on everest a few years ago. He just sat down under a ledge and gave up. No one could help him because it was all they could do to keep going themselves.

he's having a rest

>only 1/4 die
About 250 out of 4000 have died.

>This is now an Everest corpses thread

Attached: the-final-hours-of-_sleeping-beauty_-were-no-fairy-tale-as-she-begged-for-her-life-photo-u2.jpg (650x427, 51K)

Mr. Boots! He's a checkpoint/ landmark

1/4 of older climbers
I'm in my 40's
This ones called Green Boots, he now serves as a marker on a trail

Attached: 280px-Green_Boots.jpg (280x210, 17K)

Attached: Everest-9.jpg (760x561, 82K)

Post /fit/ results and we will judge if you are ready or not.

Attached: Evv.png (750x1334, 1.91M)

Attached: DVtaNXaVoAEFDuY.jpg (948x1200, 247K)

Attached: t4543.jpg (736x552, 87K)

Attached: george-mallory.jpg (900x477, 138K)

It belongs to india.

I'm a little flabby right now from bulking so no
But my cardiovascular fitness is pretty good too, I keep up with 20 year olds easy

Attached: E222.jpg (450x267, 30K)

Attached: E3.jpg (550x698, 271K)

The original, still kind of curious about their final moments.

Other then that, why do you keep a folder of dead Everest climbers ready

Attached: 1440794783.jpg (1280x800, 264K)

Most 20 year olds in the US these days are fat little oinkers

moar

Attached: jerky.jpg (564x342, 32K)

K2 is a harder climb.. More people have been to space then have been on the summit of K2

India, India india.

Not as long as the line for Space Mountain

I'm always ready for everything

Attached: dead-bodies-everest-9.jpg (710x533, 234K)

Whoop see ducking doo. It should be in india.

Attached: watch out for that crevice.gif (320x240, 998K)

he need a tan

*Whoop dee fucking doo.

He needs to gtfo of nepal, a Hindu kingdom.

I'm talking about the fit as fuck chads and stacy's not couch potatos

Attached: dead-dddbody-in-mt-everest.jpg (758x426, 66K)

Attached: mt everest.jpg (5000x2500, 471K)

>This is how a Pakistan and China claim hate thread.

Attached: 1463449336073.jpg (355x417, 40K)

Btfo uncultured swine (that includes you, put guzzling china).

>he died realizing he wasn't supposed to be in a Hindu nation.
Lel.

youtu.be/rW_6eO6VMpk

if a nigger can do it I can do it

Attached: 1464252938823.jpg (224x251, 8K)

So go do it then faggot, lol

Post results. We’re all DYING to see it

Do you have a link to the stories of those deaths?

Attached: 12493781_1005575456180216_1264416333157437530_o-e1487946567716.jpg (1565x1150, 269K)

He didn't even get to eat his giant hotdog

fuji

There is tons of material, even on youtube.

The one with the vampire white back was one of the first 2 climbers to do a summit attempt in 1924, his body was only found in the 1990's.

And they gave Mt McKinley an ethnic name too - Denali

bitch, i get winded climbing up my stairs. fuck everest.

i much rather be at home jacking off instead of climbing that stupid stone.
K2 is where its at. mount everest is a tourist destination.

Attached: 393a1940333dfc8153ba15587bfd2b75.jpg (1920x1080, 947K)

Hike to the bottom of the grand canyon. Dumbfucks have to be medivac'd out every year from trying to do it too quickly.

thats not green boots

if he decides to leave then he'll screw up everyone who's using him as a marker.

I bet those bodies are missing their wallets

/pol/ is that way --->

Well, niggers have climbed it, so....

Attached: lol.jpg (1102x670, 48K)

They moved his body right? or atleast he went missing

he's smiling. probably ok.

I think the difficulty in climbing it is greatly over exaggerated. It's just a fucking hill. Walk up it.

even on little mountains (big hills) you get retards trying to walk up them in shorts and sandals then have to get rescued when the weather changes

Attached: BenNevis2005.jpg (2048x1536, 401K)

boo hoo. just roll down hill and you'll be down in no time. whats the problem?

is that where they invented the film?

canadians are used to cold weather. probably ok.

it's not fair that everybody gets to go to the top. They should lower it.

Avalanches, low oxygen, brutal cold wind (-70 F), thick snow, body extremities start to get frostbite unless you buy stupidly expensive gloves and boots specifically designed for extremely low temperatures. But yea you’re right, its just a big rocky snowy ass hill that goes up at a 30 degree angle (minimum) for miles and miles

Mount Everest is a pretty cool guy.

What about the dude who climbed Everest in shorts, and kept his body temp under 99°. Kinda makes everyone else look like a bunch of unevolved little pussies.

What about the dude who climbed Everest in shorts, and kept his body temp under 99°? Kinda makes everyone else look like a bunch of unevolved little pussies.

It needs to be banned as it kills people even brown people. It killed a gay person also.

Sounds cool. I'd love to visit that part of the world one day.

Oh yea I forgot the oxygen tanks and backpacks. That part’s a bitch to carry uphill too

but gravity is lower so you need the extra weight to keep you from floating away

Yea.

You’re right

Attached: 6d9f6ae18972819b7ff51ca284c0b5ec.jpg (640x481, 47K)

wrong thread

He's a stupid asshole, i fucking hate that guy look at his dumb hat, god fuckijg shit dude

Couldnt I just like grab some gear and sneak up there, I mean if they're going to chase me, I'll just keep going further up the mountain.

Everest may have the biggest tits, but Fuji has better looking boobs.

>Trump Tower Russia will be so more impressive, so amazing, so amazing.
>Putin is getting a Penthouse, the best Penthouse.
>Donald Junior will bottom for Putin and Russia Oligarchs after the Grand Opening.
Donald Trump Junior loves the cock, loves it.

Attached: 1519251312086.jpg (800x800, 140K)

K2 is tall than Mt. Everest at the ground lever but Mt. Everest is taller than sea lever.

>next expedition tour will be passing another frozen faggot stuck halfway of the ice

i think it's a really tall mountain that 100s of people climb a year. Not even close to the most dangerous tho

bring a fucking butt sled with you dude. Epic fucking hill to sled down

>eh bro just give me a minute to catch my breath. wew lads

forget that other faggot, all you need is an oxygen tank and you're good to go

>Climbing Everest
>Still cannot STFU about being vegan

Seriously, wtf is up with that?

Why the FUCK haven't you joined this server yet?
discord
[-----lIi0sIl-----]
.gg/7RVqurQ

Meme mountain

Chomolungma...

Like for real, shits probably easy as fuck.
Just got to bring a few days worth of rations, oxygen tank (and mask of course) and probably find some even better gear from "frozen faggots" rpg-style right?