Is this still accurate in 2019?

Is this still accurate in 2019?

Attached: 0C2D4D8A-481E-42F6-8251-777FAD6AF0A1.png (573x1003, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

money.com/money/collection-post/3829776/heres-what-the-average-grad-makes-right-out-of-college/
payscale.com/college-salary-report
discord.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More or less.

What is this a tier list of?

Employment availability? Max potential salary? Difficulty?

>Bio God tier
>Neuro top
Uhmmm

I studied Cognitive Neuroscience... mid-tier?

computer science is saturated and can be replaced with a "bootcamp". should be below law

/thread

Where does computer game design lie.

Engintard here. Can’t get fired from my job. Free car, free schedule. Pretty tiddies. Can be stressful sometimes.

Attached: C84BB324-5B7C-41E1-A055-6CB2083C3556.jpg (534x712, 54K)

Polisci or another BA is a prerequisite for law

Where is CEO?

It's useless on it's own though.

True
Business or rich father

Honestly depends on what you do with your life. Plenty of great jobs just require a degree of some kind. For example, I'm training to be a pilot for the US air force $58000/year starting and I have an English degree.

Both teacher *and* musician.

Shit Sucks!!

Go into a trade, or engineering.

>doesn't know what the tiers mean
get out

Lots of engineers also go into law

Astronomy. GTFO.

Maths, physics, chem etc is for autist loser rule following fags

Business, film, writing etc. is for non-cucks who get laid and make money

Where does Agriculture slot into this?

Neuroscience should be in god tier

Everything in mid tier should be in low tier

Retarded

im guessing income because the bottom is flipping burgers tier implying low difficulty and low money but difficulty doesnt really correlate through the tiers. so to reply to OP no its not accurate because musicians, artists and movie makers get shit loads of money

Business, film, writing etc. is for non-cucks who get laid and make money
>film and writing
You're stupid

False

Lmao

>business
dumbass

False

Where did you started?

Industrial engineer here, can't land any job even remotely related to my field even if my dear life depended on it.

Engineer here. Makes good money but a lot of other parts of my life are unfulfilling or I'm happy with only because of very specific personal luck.

Probably would have been better off if I followed a personal passion, was in classes with some girls so I got laid more/learned to socialize better, and just made it work financially. Debt is fake anyway.

Idk I did my BA in PoliSci & I got a job with a lobbyist group on capitol hill

Attached: 225px-Chris_Travers.png (225x122, 35K)

I went from flipping burger tier (poultry processing plant conveyor belt worker) to apparently Top/God tier (Enzym extraction and purification chemistry / Laboratory work but still related to Pharma)

Here's the good: NO extra education needed. I was just fucking sick of the long days, decided to shop around for available jobs, phoned in the CV's, and this company bit. Went in for a few talks, I mentioned I have absolutely zero experience with the things i'm about to do there, so there would be excessive handholding. Mentioned I'm basically a goddamn autist, in the box thinker, highly organised, excessively precise, etc..

Mentioned one of my bad points was I tend to punch people that don't want to work, or show improvement over time. I can pick out the bad apples in 15 minutes flat. No joke, I legit said it just like that. Apparently that was not a deterrant.

I can literally walk to work. I get more vacation days, more flexible scheduling, and a small team of people that genuinely care about the quality of the things they produce. Amazing workculture. Zero SJW. All science. Good science.

and the best part; I went from 10k a year to 30k with basically no investment or catches.. What the fuck. I'm genuinely still shocked..

tldr; If you are in a shit tier job, just start shopping around for jobs regardless if you qualify. You might get lucky. Raw effort always wins over talent in the long run. Keep on grinding, but keep looking for the bigger check, and plan accordingly. Hard workers always get the worm.

I wish I go to collage.

>team of people that genuinely care about the quality of the things
Such place doesn't exist.
>Pic related.

Attached: 1452449460471.jpg (640x640, 93K)

The thing we produce is the source of everyone's paycheck. When I said "small team" I meant it. There's like 15 people in house at any given time juggling about 30 processes above their heads. If someone fucks up the product, it's traceable back to the person that messed up.

Sounds to me you just want to hold up your hand and receive sheckels..

How is business low tier?

>Elder God Tier
>Trades

Only when you are young, after 35 you should be able to sustain your family without literally breaking your back.

It never was accurate

No. Since your slimeball society got all commied up they printed so many college degrees that the law of supply and demand makes all degrees worthless. All they are is a permission slip to participate in something upheld by an extensive system of artificial protections put there by the same people who took your money to print the permission slip. Without additional experience and contacts you have the exact same chances as the vastly, VASTLY increased pool of potential candidates. The only thing your degree does is keep a computer from throwing away your application before a woke womyn in HR throws it away because you're a not a disabled autistic muslim feminist vegan womyn of color.

Your helicopter parents fucked you HARD trying to be better than the other asshole helicopter parents, they weren't interested in your education; they just wanted to keep up with the Joneses. Meanwhile the guy who comes over to fix your toilet will see more money pass through his hands in 5 years than you will make in your entire life.

Attached: 1555734730493.png (414x248, 67K)

The trades make bank too, plus you can set your own hours and have your company pay for your school so that's nice

>God Tier
Move Biology to Mid Tier, it is a meme major that is one of the most popular STEM degree, which means all the retards who can't hack harder classes (P Chem, O Chem, Biochem, Calc, Physics, Dynamics) either switch to Biology or stay in Bio because it is endless cycles of: Here's how X works...next semester: Here's how X realllly works...You learn about the composition of the cell like 17 times. wtf
>Top Tier
Fine, economics is becoming more popular/memeish, but you can at least use it to work in local/state/federal governments
>Mid Tier
Philosophy by itself is un-employable. No one at a real job cares about what Aristotle thought about social dynamics. Learn valuable skills.
>Low Tier
Business and IT should probably be Mid tier, they both are extremely common and you can actually find work with both. Actual engineers mostly work for Business majors. Many engineers spend 4-6 years on BS then MS in engineering or math, only to work for 5 years, figure out they aren't smart enough or don't like actual work, then get their MBA to get cushier jobs
>Flipping Burgers Tier
Yes to all, add any major that is ____ Studies (Gender Studies, African American Studies, General Studies)

Philosophy is a common pre-law

>Engineering god tier
>Geology mid tier
My roommate got a degree in engineering and works at best buy selling phones.
I got a degree in geology and got 75k/yr after graduation.

I have an advanced degree in cuckology and people call me master.

Attached: 1428352248062.jpg (533x724, 66K)

>Not seeking out contacts/work with bioengineering companies
>Not managing someone's ranch/farm as a summer gig
>Not working with the Department of the Interior

That's why you take internships/other shit to stick on your resume while in college instead of drinkin.

Tell us more about your opinions on helicopter parents

You got me with the first part, for sure.

What do you do?

Where at, North Dakota?

Technically structural geology. Really just look at data and tell people where wells should go.
Wyoming

"Philosophy is a useless degree" is a meme.

Also by saying stuff like "nobody cares what Aristotle thought..." you're showing your ignorance about the difference between science degrees and arts degrees. When people are hiring science degrees, they are looking for knowledge. They want you to KNOW chemistry or how to code, or physics. When they are hiring arts degrees, they are looking for intelligence and skills. They what you to be smart, and to be able to think critically, and to evaluate things, etc. A philosophy degree is excellent at producing both those smart people with excellent critical thinking skills, even if the knowledge itself you gained isn't useful in the job context.

Look at the actual data.

This is ordered by the median mid-career salary, which is perhaps the most fair for comparing earning potential. Perhaps 81k isn't the best salary in the world, but it's far from poverty.

It's also for people with ONLY college degrees. It doesn't include the many philosophy grads who go on to get law or grad degrees like myself.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 9.09.36 PM.png (1918x1542, 424K)

>Psychology
>Low tier
Over here psychologists work 3 days a week and have an upper middle class income
Demand for psychologists is ever growing

Psychology is very low tier if you don't specialize in something or go for a masters degree.
>When they are hiring arts degrees, they are looking for intelligence and skills
Did you get that off a starbucks application

The vast, vast, vast, majority of psychology majors do not become actual psychologist.

Graduating with a BS in chemical engineering in 21 days. It's been quite the journey.

>conveniently avoid the data and argument, and go for ad hominem attack.

Sick burn, man.

Where do accountants fit into this? I know it’s technically idally a business degree but it’s more law related than brain dead Business Administration stuff

Beacuse stem fags like me made this teir list

>doesn't know what ad hominem means
>screenshot of a news article is data

Attached: 1550182679476.png (645x729, 69K)

it's also saturated because everyone moves over to business after they fail their first attempt at something real. Business is easy as fuck to get a degree in.

>screenshot of a news article is data
Not understanding how news works. It's not like the jornalists did the study themselves, they're reporting on somebody else's study.

A study with 1.2 million participants, by the way.

Not to mention you are still refusing to engage with anything ad just deflecting.

Do me a favor and go to indeed.com and look for "philosophy" and tell me what you find

I'm a medical researcher. Looks like your chart is missing everyone in biotech and medicine. Kinda shit, even if it is accurate.

Engineering master race checking in

You clearly don't understand how things work...

Do you think the only jobs which hire philosophy grads are the one which specifically cite they are looking for philosophy grads? This is an idiotic assumption.

1. The picture is incomplete, I didn't screenshot all of it.
2. Like I said in my post, and like it says in the image, its people with ONLY college (bachelors degrees). In the US at least, Medicine is not a bachelors degree, and "biotech" isn't either, so they wouldn't be included here.
3. I have no idea what "kinda shit but accurate" means

It's based off of STEM majors' insecurities.

You're frustrated about being wrong and it shows

Another dodge.

You have no substantive rebuttals and it shows.

You have no proper rebuttal and it shows.

I think you're majoring in the arts or philosophy because you couldn't make it in a STEM field. What community college do you go to?

age?

I'm 24 and haven't started college yet butI'm pretty sure I'me already too old

1. Those wages would be above social science degrees in wage earning - they aren't there
2. Nursing & technical degrees are Bachelor's degrees in medicine. Genetics, Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, and other medical science degrees are all Bachelor-level biotech degrees. It's clear you have no idea what I'm talking about.
3. Let me rephrase it for you.

Even if the numbers are accurate (which they probably aren't), the lack of including other important degrees decreases the validity of the chart.

Attached: 1526188027639.png (303x311, 158K)

You're definitely not too old.

Agreed. I think it's more that the schooling is very difficult and requires so much extra work that some stem majors want to show it off. I've only really seen this insecurity on freshman, sophomore stem students though

>I went from 10k a year to 30k
So you make less than minimum wage. Is that even legal? Are you some illegal spic?

Don't worry about age. I started at 22 and graduated at 27. I wasn't the youngest one there and I made a few friends.
Seriously. Don't let age hold you back. I worried about it for a while until I realized nobody gives a shit how old you are.

Musician here. I am graduating with a Degree in music and I just wanted to point out that Music is actually a pretty lucrative degree. (Especially classical music). Its a skill that people have some demand of since people want to educate their kids and a large enough portion of the population enjoys the industry as a whole.

Music has enough money to support anyone that is actually willing to put in the effort and work hard at their craft. I support myself fine with performances and giving private lessons. Its not luxury living but I enjoy the work that I do.

The reason Music produces so many burger flippers is because people go into music as big shots from their local high school or bum fuck town and then get the shit kicked in by an actual music program. They do their best to get through a music program with the bare minimum riding on the idea that their friends and family said they were good singers or pianist. Then when they get done they have no connections and the industry wont give any room for an ass who is only barely passable in their field.

Attached: same.jpg (556x303, 44K)

Get a maths degree from a reputable uni. If you can get through it, shit looks cash on a CV, mainly because people don't understand what is involved in a maths degree. You'll never use it unless you go into physics/astronomy or academia, but when people see that maths degree, it's practically an immediate hire.
"Holy shit, you got a degree in maths? You must be smart! This job would be easy for you!"
Sure, buddy.

Attached: mathjokes-dracula.jpg (1920x1280, 440K)

isnt the age limit for pilots 27?

Engineering is for fags that can't handle Physics/Astronomy/Mathematics.

Pretty much. Couple things are off by only a tier

So basically if you have no connections the degree alone won't get you anywhere either. That's why it's burger flipper tier.

Attached: hhXl-szu8J4M4vV5WGuoa3lKc.jpg (850x477, 49K)

I mean sure but networking is a part of any career.

That's basically life man.

It's basically their fault for changing the culture to one in which college is a requirement, they didn't do that deliberately but they didn't stop to consider that maybe pressuring every last kid into doing it would change the nature of it. The boomer disrespect for the working class ended up not destroying the working class and instead is destroying the middle class. Meanwhile, colleges are businesses and they ate it up, feeding into their own necessity at every turn, continually raising rates while propagandizing their own effectiveness at keeping people out of the hated-for-no-real-reason blue collar class. You know, you'd think minorities would step up to fill the blue collar but they're so mentally and culturally disabled that they can't. A gangster doesn't know how to run a saw, a pimp doesn't know how to weld, and so on.

So really it's two fold, they also didn't prepare their own replacements leading to a continued lack of wealth in those groups they loudly proclaim to care ever-so-much about. It's kinda like they didn't think about anything beyond "my kid my kid my kid", yet these people are allowed to vote as though they have a clue. All they do is throw money at shit and hope it doesn't get spent on big plastic shoes and flavored blunt wraps.

Attached: LttwpVY.jpg (700x432, 50K)

A philosopher is a person that's unemployed, but understands why

The problem with this dataset is that its unclear what they are using and they do not differentiate variables. For example, my brother and I went to the same school and he did economics where I am doing business admin. However, I will get payed more than him. Reasons are this:
1. A lot of top schools dont have a business degree, so most "economics" students really go into finance/business jobs
2. A lot of schools like mine do not differentiate business functions into majors, and in fact this seems common in shittier schools. For example, no matter what discipline everyone in my school who does business gets a business admin degree, they just take different classes. Meaning my school would fluctuate this data.

Basically, that list is kinda trash

Attached: 1538854988432.png (600x900, 537K)

Fuck no, I'm in medicine, I desire death every day, fucking kill me already, this career is overpopulated and there are shitters working for less than 5$/hour

Education should be burger flipping tier, simply because that's gonna be their second job

Honestly it depends on where you go to school and where their program ranks. My bro went to a top-5 progam in Econ and his starting salary was 80k a year. I am in a top-5 business program and mine will be about the same. So really its more about where (Ivy league vs not), but I think for your average state school this is about accurate.

Geology is way to high on that list.

(It's not a science, it's a bunch of fags collecting big hard rock hard rocks)

This only applies to tard countries like US. I've got a major in a foreign language and it landed me a job in NATO. It doesn't matter what subject you study as long as you're smart enough to capitalize on it.

Because computer science will earn you more than a jd

No it isn’t.

No it isn’t

Things that never happened for 1000 Alex.

it was never accurate in the first place

its just regurgitated popular myths

Edu major here. Earning $48k and working nine months out of year. It's not as bad as everyone thinks.

What you study matters less than where you go. Fluffy liberal arts majors from a top 20 are better than engineering at a no name school. That being said if you end up at a no name, definitely study STEM.

>Geology is way to high on that list.
>(It's not a science, it's a bunch of fags collecting big hard rock hard rocks)

Oil companies pay $250k - $400k for those rock collectors.

as long as you make it into grad school you can pretty much major in whatever you want

comp sci you downie

i got news for you bro, if all you got is a BS in geology and you're hoping to make 250k right out the gate, then youre a damn retard

money.com/money/collection-post/3829776/heres-what-the-average-grad-makes-right-out-of-college/

Get a look at this retard. Nobody cares what school you attended unless it’s Ivy League bullshit.

Petroleum engineers get oil. Not geologists.

can confirm. history degree here, low tier retail manager of an office depot. At the same time, I have 2 employees with biology degrees.

Missed it by 10.

>Petroleum engineers get oil. Not geologists.
Geologists find it.

I figured you were into brokeback mountain.

Exactly, t20 = Ivy + Stanford, MIT, Duke, etc. Schools that have networks that will pull you into any field. Easiest way to get ahead.

payscale.com/college-salary-report

Learning a single app or part of a single language does not replace a comp six degree you literal tard.

Nope. Petroleum engineers take geology and reservoir classes, they're perfectly capable of finding oil without a geologist. I should know, I'm currently studying in a petroleum engineering program. program

>A philosophy degree is excellent at producing both those smart people with excellent critical thinking skills, even if the knowledge itself you gained isn't useful in the job context.

You be sure to tell them that at the unemployment office.

Only way that's possible is if your roommate had a sub 2.5 GPA and/or never had an internship and/or has autism-level social skills

They're not going to have you looking for oil. You learn some geology so you're not completely ignorant when a geologist tells you what to do.

Lol, agreed. Philosophy is a great second major if you have the time. Otherwise you’re shooting yourself in the foot.

Astronomy, biology, chemistry, math, psychology, and economics, should all be mid tier. Philosophy should be low tier. Neuroscience should be mid tier. Law is low tier too.

Close! It's for the ones who are smart but also want to make money, and don't just get a useless degree to stroke their ego.

How's your data entry job?

Do you use petrel?

True philo is totally botom tier.

Have fun being unemployed in 10 years

Computer Science was never God Tier.

You'd be surprised, many geologists make bank finding out where to drill for oil

Where does criminal justice fit in here? I'm making 60k/yr after getting my bachelor's

Petroleum engineers usually just analyze the data, the geologists do the more hands on part of finding the oil

it's useless. Philosophy for the reasons user stated is the perfect pre-law degree. forget polisc its useless . Take it from me I'm a philosophy grad and it helped me immensely when I went through law school

Obviously not difficulty, putting philosophy on mid tier lol.

Getting a bachelor's in Economics is trash. I found that out when I started trying to get a job that wasn't sales or management.
I'm going to need a master's or PhD (which I'm probably not smart enough to do) in order to actually get a job, because I'm diagnosed autistic and can't do sales/management.

>Gas all the non-STEM workers
The creator of this tier chart, apparently

Anything besides software, electrical, civil, or mechanical engineering is not engineering

You either
A) never had an internship
B) had a sub 2.5 GPA

I'm a graduating ChemE in 21 days, starting 77k

civil engineering is basically an art degree.

Agree with the others, but add chemical and aerospace.

Petroleum/geological are worse than civil.

Flippin' Burgers Tier should've given you a big hint at the least..

Where does Supply Chain Management fall on this list? Global Logistics and Value Chain Improvement careers are exploding right now and most of those are starting at ~60k+ with the potential to make ~90k - ~120k+ after the first 3 - 5 years. Especially if you have a background in Information Systems.

Attached: 7014808510.jpg (1514x1624, 189K)

In a T25 Law school right now, there is one engineering major out of 170 1Ls

So we're just gonna Ignore these satanic trips?

>civil engineering is basically an art degree.
Know a lot of artists who can work with Mohr Circles?

Some of use want to play on Insane difficulty. Were all going to die anyways why not do whatever the fuck you want to the best of your ability.

>Starting 77k.

Yeah before classes. God damn, ENGfags are the worst faggots.

Oh, we'll fuck you. How do you live with yourself? Your job is literally to make the world a shittier place.

what about construction?

30k what? American Dollars? $30k US is barely above a starting wage and nothing to brag about.

There you go.

Attached: Fixed it for you, faggot.jpg (573x1003, 363K)

Astronomy. Kek. Plebtier

Attached: 1525654433395-b.jpg (640x555, 63K)

Agree

And you can't get in to grad school without at least a 3.5 GPA in undergrad.

Meh. I got NASA connections. They're not doing anything too crazy.

They're not doing anything at all. They're just burning money dude. We could spend it on literally anything else.

Attached: 20billiondollarsayear.jpg (2560x1440, 1.05M)

ITT: everyone says what they studied is top tier and rates everything compared to how close it is to what they study

fun fact anons, money isn't the only thing in the world, I make $18k a year in a job that's terrible by most metrics and I love my life

>When they are hiring arts degrees, they are looking for intelligence and skills. They what you to be smart, and to be able to think critically, and to evaluate things, etc.
>A philosophy degree is excellent at producing both those smart people with excellent critical thinking skills, even if the knowledge itself you gained isn't useful in the job context.

Now this is how you debunk your own arguments. Humanities are hobby academics, nothing more.

ITT: Law is a shit tier job prove me wrong;
Protip: You can't.

Attached: 1555303856795.jpg (625x351, 55K)

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

Medicine and Law are the only God Tier.
At one point your life will depend on either one of these.

youre a fucking retard

Medicine is top tier but requires the most work out of all the fields. You get what you put in. I'm talking medical school, not nursing or tech degrees.

Medicine here, I'm going to be a doctor in a year.
Went to a law school party at a highly ranked university. All the kids were stupid as fuck and had an instant chip on their shoulder the second they learned I was in medical school. To make matters worse, their party was way lamer than my med school parties.

>Top Tier Pharmacology
I should think not, more like mid-tier. Which is pretty high for a drug peddler

A party?
You're so based bro

I really want a job outdoors ie. forestry or search and rescue. Should i pursue a bachelors in biology? anything that would be better like enviro. science or forestry or conservation biology?

Attached: 1549051485964.png (382x484, 377K)

only history major i know was working construction 6 days a week

What do you do user?

That was never accurate, my dude. Unless you're retarded, pol sci, tech, info sci, business, economics, and neuro sci will bathe you in money.

Astronomy is mid tier at best. Law is low tier with medicine. Both sound great, but they'll kill you and the prospects aren't great. IT is solidly midtier. Business is low tier as an undergrad, but a HUGE multiplier for any high or top tier choices. Companies pay out the ass for someone who did physics with an MBA

If only there was a discord where intellectual conversations and sophisticated discussions took place.. oh wait! there is!

discord.
gg/4QpNVK

5yyf

Attached: Fate.Grand.Order.full.2113039.jpg (1401x840, 1.19M)

>Get literally half a million dollars in debt
>Monthly salary divided by hours worked gives you a number lower than minimum wage
>Takes over a decade before you make any real money
>Working all day, every day so can't enjoy it
If that's top tier, you have shit taste

Where does city planner fall?

You don’t have to go to college for programming, software engineering. You can learn everything on your own.

College is overrated and especially if you have to get into debt

No, this is the era of Trump. Education is unimportant.

unless you plan on working for yourself, good luck getting hired in the completely over-saturated IT field without any academic qualifications

Or be a better musician.

He's been in office less than 3 years