Well

Well.

I've knew that for about 4 weeks my dad has cancer and just today he is in hospital as he had liquids in his lungs.

I don't wanna talk about this to my friends so B/ros what do?

Attached: My current mood.jpg (499x563, 47K)

boo hoo

Spend time with him as much as is left.

You have to be strong for him. Stay positive. Treatment has improved leaps and bounds in the last decade

Allow him to die happy
aka proof to him you're not gonna be a useless sack of shit in life

I want to but as bad as it seems I don't see him as my dad, he is different from what I remember. He is weak now and he doesn't work due to his health.

I want to but I can't when I hear my mum cry over the phone I crumble.

This motivates me to try and sort my uni drop out life and actually learn to drive

godspeed OP

Thank you user, hearing anything nice rn is nice

It’s extremely fucking hard for everyone but you have to be strong and so does your mother.
Going through similar myself and the moment, I wish you all the best

Thank you. I've been lucky enough to not have any health problems within my family. So this being the first has been such a shock that I don't even want to know what type of cancer my dad has or me not really wanting to spend time with him as I just don't see him as my dad. I know I'm a bad person for doing so. It's just that I'm under an illusion that if i don't know about it it will all just pass over

give him some nice opioids and spend time with him

Speak with him, let him go being proud of his son, be strong user, my grand father are in hospital dieing from hearth disease actually ( i'm French i dont speak very well english sorry )

Don't ignore it. Go be with him. You don't need to know details if you don't want to....but spend time with him as you might regret it later.

Thank you bot of you, you both have been blessed by the dubs for this.

I'm glad that even though not knowing eachother people still help other

We're a strange group of anonymous friends. We got you....

Attached: 1526605327512.jpg (680x544, 33K)

holly fuck i expected the whole thrad to be filled with fucking trolls

user stay strong and spend time with him even if you see him "week" if not you will regret it all your life

accept that he's gonna die, so if he does, you'll be prepared

Oh my god user I'm so sorry for your dad. I hope he gets better :(

Attached: FB_IMG_1549211825521.jpg (500x542, 23K)

So am I, I wanted to see what people thought but didn't expect so much positive vibes and love. I will do what I can to do so.

Atm I'm gonna try and stay positive

Sorry to hear user, hope your dad can fight it and if not, at least go peacefully. Spend all the time you can with him while you can and tell him you love him.

user force yourself to be with him, you will make your father so much happy, also if you don't you will regret it

I feel you. My best friend died one year ago, he was 77 and very much a father to me. We found out 9 months before then that he had stage 4 cancer, they didn't believe he'd live another two weeks. His kids wanted to leave him in the nursing home so I took him back to his apartment to die with some dignity. He ended up dying 9 months later. It was the most grueling 9 months of my life, up late taking care of him, waking up early any time he felt remotely uncomfortable, everything else in my life just faded away.

I'd do it again for more time with him.

This is the end. Spend time with ur dad

My grandmother died of cancer. I was there the entire last week every day. On Friday, she begged me to stay a little longer, but i had plans with my friends so I left. That was the last time I talked to her.

I know I was there for her as much as I could be. I didn't expect her to go when I had planned on being back the next day. But thats how it was.

Took me a long time to get over that guilt and to realize we're never ready for someone to just be gone the next day, even if we kinda do expect it. Just be there for him as much as possible, and know that when its time, theres nothing you could have done differently to slow it down. Just...be there.

Thank you

Attached: 91w6fZUcvoL._SX425_.jpg (425x531, 21K)

I will and promise you that user

You are at stage one.

Spend time with him. Learn what kind of cancer he has and how much time he has left. You don’t have to act strong in front of others, it’s okay to show emotion. Good luck op.

Attached: 3B354006-A299-4434-810F-1AE61DB7D9E6.jpg (800x1358, 236K)

Ok OP here. This is just a lil gay post about this whole community that I thought was just a pile of people wanting to watch the world burn.

To the genuine people. You are amazing and thank you from the bottom of my heart in helping me and most probably others because of this thread. I'm sorry there isnt a way I can repay any of you for this but just know that you have made my shitty day today be so much better.

Please keep being the amazing people that you are and just keep spreading this love

Attached: large.jpg (500x495, 138K)

Sorry for what your father and family are going through. My Dad had open heart surgery around 10 years ago and it was quite a shock to see him after the surgery. For the first time in my life he looked old and frail.

Unfortunately, life can be good and bad. It's cool that you care so much because it means he must have been a pretty good Dad and you were lucky to have him. Stay strong and try to enjoy the time you have left. Share memories and good stories. He will live on through the memories of his friends and families and the influence he had on them.

Just try to be strong, brother. It's going to feel like hell while you're there, but when you look back you'll think of them as some of the best moments of your life.

Attached: friend_00000.png (1280x758, 1.2M)

In the nicest way possible fuck both of you guys, I'm crying like a little bitch but thank you

If you want to repay us, just do good by yourself. You say you don't want to talk to your friends about this, but honestly, nothing feels better than having the support of a brother when something terrible happens.

Talk to a friend in real life as well, if you want to. Good luck man.

Attached: 1552256758585 (1)_00000.png (1366x1129, 1.97M)

It really reminds you of why it is important to try and have a son. Our generation seems to be rather iffy about children of our own, but when you see your old man growing old and preparing for his journey into the next life, you realize that he isn't really dying. His energy isn't fading, he just put all of it into you, so you could grow.

And you should want the same thing. It's okay if it never materializes, but men should aim to have sons, someone that they can put all of their energy and strength into, instead of simply withering away.

out of topic but where is that pic from seems oddly familiar

Sorry user. It was just a really defining moment in my life I think. It's hard to say, as it's only been a year since he passed, but it changed a lot. People like to talk about having honor, courage, being strong, but none of them have any thing to back up that claim. It's not until life presents you with a challenge that your choices actually begin to matter, that's when you find out what you're really worth.

This is the original. I wanted to make the background more aesthetic. Not sure on the source at all but a reverse image search may help. There aren't enough aesthetic wallpapers just about friendships so I am trying to make my own.

Attached: 1552256758585.png (1366x768, 827K)

Well what any person would in that situation support him and spend good times with your father

I'm thankful for this. You B/ros have made me so happy that I can't really express it in anyway, thank you so much. I'm gonna leave this thread as I need to slowly get ready to see my dad in hospital.

Before I go I just want to say that I do want a child that I can bring up with love and joy in their life, not having to worry about anything and ones that can speak to me about anything they feel.

Hope each and everyone of you today will have an amazing life ahead of yourself. please keep being awesome

Attached: 1525570391686.jpg (764x512, 200K)

Guess I'm on a roll today. Good luck man. We'll be here if you need to make another thread later.

Attached: Untitled.png (252x93, 4K)

not saying this to be a dick, better to be prepared than to be surprised

i don't know much about Yea Forums, there is a way that we can continue this thread and it would notify this guy?

Make sure he knows your feelings towards him. Don't take it for granted, at least you know it's coming. It's a shitty feeling but it'll give you closure if you do the above.

My grandmother has stage 4 brain tumor the size of a coin and she's still kicking, the best you can do is not cry about it, live your live to the fullest because that's what daddy would want.

Get going pal.

Attached: Kills.jpg (283x302, 13K)

NEWFAG NEWFAG NEWFAG

also, what do you mean?
like continue this thread on another thread or continue it here?
Notifications are only available with thread watcher.

good luck friend, be strong and positive first of all

Attached: download (2).jpg (299x168, 8K)

Hey OP. I lost my dad in January. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It totally sucks.

yeah exactly that, i have seen people doing like new thread of X anime and i wanted to know if there is any way to contact with OP

Go hang out with him and let him talk

No, but if OP made a new thread saying 'I'm the user from earlier whose dad has fluid in his lungs' any of us that are around will still see it.

OP here.

I know I sounded like I was going but the hospital is closing so I'm back. I'm surprised people actually kept this going but it just makes me happy

just go visit him every now and then all you can do now is wait it out

thanks, fellow user

>Sorry to hear, hope you are staying strong.
I'm doing ok, thanks, user. I'm still angry at some things (not at him, though), I'll have to work through that.

Alberto662#4854 i do not know if that goes against the rules but here is my discord

Just know that life for people like you is going to be good :) just let time pass and you will achieve what you want

bye OP keep us informed

>I promise myself that I will pass my driving test to make him be proud of me for something
I'm in a similar mindset, though its almost a year later now. Before my friend got sick he liked to boast about doing 400 push ups in one go on the regular. I'm very small and weak, and now I'm starting to put on a tiny bit of weight. I want to become strong like him so that he could be proud of me, and maybe one day I'll have a son or just a younger friend who looks up to me, and they'll want to be strong too.

As cheesy as it sounds I'm glad that we have people that we look up to with sometimes the silliest of things, things like that do really keep us happy and going

I'm sorry, user. My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic right after Christmas. He was upbeat til the end. He passed on 4/5 and I buried him on 4/10. I'm still fucked that I can't just call him and talk.

You gotta be strong for both your sakes. Show him that you're a man who can handle what the world throws at you. Ihope he can get the treatment to cure him. God bless, stay strong.

Talk to your friends. when I found out about my dad, I had like 10 I hadn't seen in years crawling out the woodwork to be here for me.

omg stop

sorry?

You are so much stronger for being able to do that. Times must've been hard but I'm happy that you've managed to speak about it and help others.

I will once i settle my brain

L-E-A-V-E

no u

You that upset about having a kid? grow up.

Attached: 01f7615f-dadc-4c23-bddb-98ee3660b663.png (400x224, 130K)

this

my dad died suddenly of a heart attack / stroke 3 years ago, i talked to him that day but i'd wish the time i did have went a lil different cus i was such a faggot back then,

it was so sudden too, which was the shitty thing about it.

Every user can and will be a faggot at some point, but that doesn't stop you being a good person and an even better son :3

no, you just gave me the feels. im the guy who lost his dad 2 weeks ago

Every user can be a faggot at some point, but that doesn't stop you being a good person and an even better son :3

Well fuck, sorry man, thought you were upset about the post, my bad.

Attached: 1549924608143.jpg (640x669, 24K)

not upset at all! just been kind of bottling it up and drinking it down. i didnt expect feels so unexpectedly. cause my dad literally told me to find a girl and start a family to make him happy......

Ditto sorry, got too defensive

Attached: 1543619135016.jpg (622x621, 224K)

OP here and also from this post Thats really shit to hear, I'm sorry. My father has always been a strict catholic and also being polish he is set in his ways. So I understand you

dude, my best friend is catholic and polish. i seriously get you

no worries, user! thanks for the cat

Attached: 1553103819686.jpg (480x478, 23K)

Eyyyyy more poles XD

Its fine have another catto

Attached: 1543618945304.jpg (750x778, 39K)

just try to enjoy your time with him user
I'm sorry

OP here. Thank you for the last time for everyones messages and sharing their experiences. This has essentially become a help group and I love Yea Forums for this

Attached: apuq2zc3q9s01.png (483x450, 137K)

Fuck OP, good luck and try your hardest.

Fairly surprised that this isnt filled with absolute cancer.

Spend time with him. Assure him you have shit under control, that you will be well off after he dies, that hes taught you everything you need to know. (I dont mean lifes better without him) every parent wants to know their kids will be alright and good to go before they die. You cant rest easy knowing your kids migjt not be in a good spot

okay small kek for you