It's best to not have anything. If you have nothing, you can't lose anything

It's best to not have anything. If you have nothing, you can't lose anything.
It's better to not want anything. To want something you can't have is to suffer. To obtain what you want leads to loss, which leads to suffering.
To have nothing, and want nothing, is to be in the ultimate state of nirvana. Ultimate happiness comes only when you let go of all the things that could potentially make you unhappy.

In a somewhat paradoxical way, you should want only one thing with all your heart; to have nothing.

Attached: 1556070588706.jpg (381x275, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uoYCMHNrIUU
youtu.be/vhKmKkqnVdE?t=85
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok.. but why does it matter if I loose anything? Can you not cope with loss and still get to nirvana?

No.

to truly have nothing is to die

so when are you committing neck rope OP?

Life isn't something you can possess. Life is a state of being.

youtu.be/uoYCMHNrIUU

Wrong. The path to Nirvana is set by those seeking it. It is an individual goal and does not have some standardized entry. I think what you're after is Christianity and their version of Heaven.

nah you're not immortal, you're not tied to all the other matter on the universe

and to even be a bum you still need clothing, food, crack, a smartphone to shitpost on Yea Forums, and so on.. so kys OP

fucking kek

If you don't care if you lose something, then you've already let it go. You no longer "own it" even though it may still be in your possession. If you lose something, and don't care that it was lost, you no longer possess it either mentally or physically.
If you lose something and are having to "cope" with the loss, that implies that you still possess it, just not physically, and that it's absence causes you suffering, keeping you from permanent happiness.

lol did you read like the wikipedia entry for buddhism and now you think it means that having material possessions in any way affects your ability to gain enlightenment? cause..you're fucking wrong and stupid

The individual is the body. The body will always remain even after death; it just changes form.
Life ends, but it can't be taken, because life is a state of existence for the body, like being powered on. The end of life is simply the shifting of the state of being.

Everything OP said is true.

Attached: Poppy cW458Gp.jpg (612x612, 80K)

Sorry if you are confusing my mention of nirvana as a reference to buddhism. I was just using the word as a more literal definition as the state of being in perfect happiness, rather than the literal buddhist root of the word.

Also, happiness and enlightenment are two different things.

so you believe youre an automaton OP?

Attached: LU0PKhz6-e1538639274711.jpg (626x375, 39K)

great argument retard

No.

oh, so you're just a fucking idiot then
how's about this, why don't you shut the fuck up and take your own advice to get rid of your computer?
because you're punk ass bitch who couldn't find the ecclesiastical side of a bible

why so hostile?

s

so cute

youtu.be/vhKmKkqnVdE?t=85

I always thought that way, but some things just force itself on you, and if they were appealing to how your brain works naturally, you start forming emotions for without even noticing.

but you just said you have zero civil liberties because you don't have ownership not even over yourself, someone (your whore mother) simply decided to power you on

i hope someone finds that out and kidnap your body (not you) to rape your arsehole day and night, there wont even be a crime

It's definitely a rough situation. From the moment we're born into the world we find things to attach ourselves to, and sometimes people attach themselves to us. It's a lot easier to allow yourself to be swallowed up in that temporary burst of emotion that possession, and being possessed, brings you. I have a lot of possessions that I'm not willing to give up, and I have people I love, like my family, but I recognize that being separated from them would bring me a great deal of suffering.

because OP is talking about this shit literally, like you can literally achieve enlightenment and happiness by following some mystical procedure, it's just like if a Christian were to tell you that Heaven is real and you can only get there by ..following some mystic procedure

it's horseshit and shows the very bare minimum of understanding the religious ideals they claim to know

I buy the argument when it comes to material things, but not at all when its about friends or family.

Attached: 10846f4087460a701e145ca93eda533f.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

But there isn't anything mystical about it. What he's saying makes sense. He's not talking about heaven or some dumb shit like that. He's talking about how having nothing means you can't lose anything. It's like if someone stole my computer I'd be pissed, but if I don't have a computer I can't ever be pissed about it being stolen.

You are right, O.P..
I'd found nirvana inadvertently, but at an immature age too young to have known that I have found it due to lack of experience.
So in a way it is all paradoxical cause we wouldn't know the sweet without the bitter.

Attached: 1554931109202.jpg (250x200, 4K)

You can form bonds without possessing someone, by recognizing that they are transitory just like you, and acknowledging that they will not always be with you, you can enjoy their company in bliss without having to suffer loss when they are no longer in your life.

I'm afraid you are in the minority that gets it.
>not the O.P. btw

Attached: 1555969962863.png (500x849, 246K)

OP is right, however i struggle with it and i think this is due to be part of the modern society. you need certain possessions so your life doesn't become living hell- example is shelter, and thats expensive.
I am few years into trying to minimize ownership and have been letting things go for some time now, and its a VERY HARD thing to do.
Another paradox here is that this life philosophy should lead to minimalistic lifestyle. however minimalistic lifestyle is one of the most expensive ones since you need to pay/buy and throw out things you need to accomplish certain tasks- mainly fixing things that you need in order to survive. What I have run into is some form of hoarding of trash i find- if it breaks or i loose it i truly don;t care, but having so many items around me doesn't make me feel like i'm on the right path
any advice? sorry if this is not very coherent

I'd say, try to find a way to acquire the things you need to survive, but don't become attached to them in any way. View everything as separate from yourself. It's not so much the physical possession that gets you, but the mental one.

As long as you don't possess something mentally you can't ever be sad to part with it.

this is what i'm working on and its going very well. To be more specific its about having so many things, useful little insignificant things that i don't truly care and if one of my friends will need them i will just give them away. I just feel like a mild hoarder, surrounded with little meaningless things, but when i toss any, the following week i regret it because that particular thing i got rid of would of come in handy...
on a side note- since i started to detach myself mentally from things and their state i truly felt free- its the greatest feeling one can get (without intense positive emotions but those are very brief moments)