You have until I go to bed to ask me anything about growing weed

You have until I go to bed to ask me anything about growing weed.

Attached: 20190424_000111-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.78M)

i have a bunch of seeds sealed in a baggie, could those work?

whats ur preferred nuts for veg vs flower?

Probably but depending on where they came from it may be better to buy some from a reputable breeder if you want to make growing worth your time

Depends on the style of growing. Organic will be different than synthetic and I would choose different synthetic notes depending on if I’m doing hydro or a soil/soilless media.

Currently I’m growing organically in a coco/peat blend using a variety of product from multiple companies. I can provide a list of them if you want or you can specify if you want info on synthetic nutrients and I can give you recommendations for those.

do u smoke the leaves when you're out of shit?

I don’t often run out but if I do I just don’t smoke.

please share

Share what? My current organic nute lineup?

What do you use for lighting? Are LEDs worth it?

what scale is your grow op?
are you in a medicinal or legal state or country?

I have a very solid and novel idea for an indoor grow op. The people I've showed it to are impressed by it, and I've been in talks with a non-profit about getting a business started. Now I'm looking at the investors in the cannabis market. I hope I have a chance.

yes

What's the real deal about pesticide use in growing? Do you know if other growers use them heavily? I'm talking about "private reserve" at "legal dispensaries" for what that's worth

my sisters plants arn't growing, the leaves are turning yellow. they are sparse and not thick or full. she had my old HPS light but I told her it was too low so I sent her my LED light. they still havent grown, so I told her to transplant them to larger containers GENTLEY. they look a little better, and the soil was dry so she's not overdrying it.

Oh boy this is always the powder keg question. Give me a minute because this simple question requires a somewhat complex answer.

I’m in a legal state but have been growing since before the law change. About 10 years now. I currently flower a 12ftx12ft space and have a similar space for vegging and a third space for mother’s and propagation. I would like to hear your concept but to be brutally honest if you haven’t grown extensively and you aren’t contracting a company that designs commercial grow operations professionally then I would never invest in you. You’re simply out of your depth.

>contracting a company that designs commercial grow operations professionally
I'm doing that myself. The entire facility layout is based on the innovations I'm using. But I'll get a consultant to give it a final look before anything is set in stone. I appreciate the brutal honesty, there are a lot of people with lofty aspirations of starting a grow op but you need a way to differentiate yourself from the competition. I've already got that secret weapon. Thanks again for the reply man, and thanks for sharing your knowledge people.

Veg and flower don’t change much. Veg base nute is maxi-crop liquid fish and flower base nutes are earth juice rainbow mix bloom and earth juice primal harvest

These are the additives that get used in both beg and flower.
Humboldt nutrients Myan mycrozyme
General organic CaMg+
General organic Diamond black
General hydroponics floralicious plus
House & Garden root excelurator
Mammoth P
Earth Juice hi-brix
Botanicare Liquid Karma

If you knew half the things that are sprayed on black market plants you would probably never smoke again.

Honestly without at least a picture I probably can’t help you because there are so many variables and yellowing is part of almost ever deficiency in some way or another. It could be over watering, low nutrient strength, improper PH, missing nutrients, the list goes on and on.

not OP, but that is a market that's currently saturated and increasing in saturation
don't want to shoot you down, but be aware of that

I'm aware. Thanks though. The neat thing about my idea is that it can be retrofitted to work for any indoor growing. Indoor growing and vertical farming are the future.

I have a long-term idea I'm putting together to modify a building several stories tall into a vertical farm, with enough modifications (i.e solar powered) to be financially viable
so godspeed to you user, it truly is the future

Not in Canada tbh
Not a novel idea

We are the future. Good luck man.

I’ve been in this business a long time and have seen a few people succeed and many many fail. Toss out your “innovation” and i’ll Tell you if you’re wasting your time.

Ok so these days I have converted almost entirely to ceramic metal halide lighting. They are cost effective and energy efficient. LED lighting has been and continues to be a controversial topic in the growing community. Can they be worthwhile? Yes? Are most garbage? Also yes. Lighting is a matter of physics and there are some hurtles that LED lights need to overcome that other more traditional lighting sources don’t. Their biggest issue is light intensity. Each individual diode that makes up an LED fixture is an individual light source and the light that is emitted and it’s intensity is subject to an inverse square relationship. This means that every time you double the measured distance the light intensity is quartered. In plain speak this means that the light from small LED diodes does not spread very far before it losses intensity. High end LED manufacturers have engineered their fixture to spread the diodes over the intended coverage area like the one in the pic. All those LED fixtures that cram their diodes into little squares or rectangles are very inefficient and not worth the money. The problem then becomes price. Currently the LED fixtures worth buying are still very expenisive, usually $800+. If you have money to blow then go ahead and check out companies like fluence. If not then I recommend looking into ceramic halide lighting. It’s much cheaper and still very effective.

Attached: 11A4F863-F4AF-41E7-B18D-AC0500D6211E.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

What's your opinion of high pressure sodium? I'm thinking of setting up lights in my basement. The added heat will be nice for my Canadian winters

Is it profitable?

>’ll Tell you if you’re wasting your time.
I already know I'm not. Thanks though.

HPS lighting is tried an true especially with the advent of dual ended HPS lights. I’ve done the vast majority of my growing under HPS. They can cause problems in basements at times depending on the ceiling height though. They are the cheapest worthwhile lighting per square meter you can buy at the moment but they are not the most efficient. It really comes down to budget at the end of the day. If you have the money it is more efficient to buy a larger amount of smaller wattage lights like ceramic metal halides that can be closer to the plant canopy. It will cost more upfront because you’re buying more hardware but you will make the extra money you spent back pretty quickly in energy savings and longer bulb life.

Not as profitable as it was ten years ago but it still pays the bills.

Ok, good luck but no sane person is going to invest in a grow designed by a person who has zero experience in the business and is egotistical enough to think he can do the job of a veteran company who does the job professionally. Sorry but that’s reality. I live in the world of multi million dollar facility design, it’s literally my day job.

>If you knew half the things that are sprayed on black market plants you would probably never smoke again.
like what? is there any way to tell if bud has been sprayed with pesticides?

>I live in the world of multi million dollar facility design,
> I currently flower a 12ftx12ft space and have a similar space for vegging and a third space for mother’s and propagation.

Attached: 1547803065631.gif (200x131, 1.43M)

Is it safe or even possible to order seeds online?

Yep. My home grow pays for all my travel and toys and my day job pays the mortgage. I’m currently working on a three man team designing a faculty with a two million dollar construction budget. I’m designing the lighting layout, another guy is designing the feed system and the third is designing the environmental controls. I keep 15% of the fee the company I work for charges. This job will bring me in about $17k.

How to grow weed

How do I grow weeds?

Absolutely. The government has much larger things to worry about than a couple seeds.

Light, water, nutrient

Very curious how this information comes out now instead of when you were asked about the scale of your grow op. I'm calling fiction unless a linkedin account or some other verification is posted.

How do I grow weed in the middle of winter hydroponically? Fucking moisture man. Fuck salt.

Mold is the nigger of fungi

Im growing an auto critical 47, i have it on a planter (i changed it to a big one) and is already growing white pistils but i think is too short yet, can it keep growing? How can i improve his lenght

How get job as a grower? I've been applying to places near me for any position related to grow operation but no luck yet.

how much does it smell during flowering? Am under the impression that a stealth grow would be near impossible.

Literally... you have to spray bug spray on your veg or you will have mites. Once it starts to bud in the flower stage you cant spray for bugs but some still do.

They make pesticide bombs called pyritium and attane. The two pesticide bombs kill spider mites and the other kills the eggs. Heavy duty shit but does the trick.

OP how much weight do you get per light. Home and garden is top notch shit. Shooting powder is top notch bud hardener.

General rule extra cal mag is a cure all.

The scale of my own personal grow has nothing to do with what I do for a living on paper. It’s not even close to the largest grow I’ve ever had. Back in the day before it was legal I had three grow houses. As law enforcement became more competent at catching us growers and I saw a lot of people I knew catch court cases I shifted away from large scale growing and used the knowledge I had gained to make a more legitimate living. I scaled my personal growing back to a level that would not draw any serious attention or heat on myself and went and made a good amount of money running a hydroponic store. Eventually that store went from doing a couple hundred thousand dollars in business a year to doing five million dollars in business a year. Those people making large purposes needed experienced people to design rooms for them so our hydroponics store obliged them. Eventually it became such a large part of the business that a new branch of the company was spun off into a purely consulting division run by myself and two other top employees at the company. Now I work a few days a week, mostly from home on my computer doing design work with my coworkers and meeting with clients and suppliers to coordinate equipment pricing and purchasing. Our team also gets a cut of any profit from equipment purchases our clients make. Sometimes they buy from our store and sometimes they just hire us for the design work.

You must be new here if you think i’m going to dox myself tonight.

You can run carbon filters. People call them scrubbers. They work well.

The only reason I'm even considering buying the company at this point is out of pity for the hive's administration.

Buy the proper equipment to control your environmental conditions

Auto strains are on autopilot. You can’t control them. They will flower when they flower and they will get as big as they get. Grow a normal strain of you want to control those things.

Growing is like art, it’s all about your portfolio. If you can show them what you can do then they might be more inclined to let you touch their plants. You can always do what I did when I was a kid and tell them you’ll work for a week for free and if they don’t like you they can tell you to get lost. I got two jobs that way and I ended up working my way to the top in both of them.

It smells incredibly strong and it permeates. With proper construction and air filtration it is possible to control the smell.

Not true. The best way to prevent mites is to use non pesticide foliar applications that contain desiccants and to promote high brix levels which will literally make the plant inedible to the mites.

What does it mean if I grow a plant for weeks, but it just stays in the sprouting phase? I tried everything. Nitrogen, pH, moisture, light, music, fan circulation. WTF it never budged. I tried years ago and could never get it working.

BROAD MITES!! How the hell do I rid of them?

Tbh that’s kinda like asking “My dad had a coug. Why did he die?” I don’t know. Poor environmental conditions, bad seeds, not enough light, literally an endless amount of possibilities.

Prayer and dedicated spraying with direct kill applications every couple of days until they are dead followed by regularly weekly treatments. Vegamatrix FTB is a good one. Empty your room and sanitize it top to bottom before any more new plants go in. Try and figure out where they possibly came from and eliminate those vectors.

Vegamatrix FTB....wonder if thats legal in Washington

nitrogen promotes leaf growth
go to low nitrogen to take it to the flowering phase

>OP how much weight do you get per light
Antiquated way of measuring yield with the advent of newer lighting technologies. We work on yield per sq/ft or sq/meter these days.

Iit literally would not go past 4 leaves. It just stayed there, frozen in time. Repeated with multiple seeds. Must have been a shitty seed seller or maybe it was just a crap environment. Lame.

Should be since it’s not a pesticide per se.

While on the subject what are your thoughts on the Government contol on it like the LCB

Chances are it was lighting or environment if not both.

Nah I had a fancy growlight. Probably environment, You need to give it a constant flow of new carbon dioxide right?

Mixed bag. I welcome legally mandated testing for purity. So much black market weed is sprayed with literal poison. The downside is that politicians and board members are often bought and paid for so laws and regulations get written in such a way as to exclude most people from getting into the business unless they have huge sums of money.

Was it covered by a dome or something the entire time? There is plenty of CO2 in the air we breath for a plant to grow.

I kept it in the bathroom. But a fan was constantly funneling air.

Maybe it was temperature?? Did the fan cool it down too much? What temp would be best to grow the sprouting phase?

your thoughts on mainlining?

Never done it personally. I’m doubtful that it actually yields more than any other method of topping. If I’m not mistaking mainlining can only be done on plants grown from seeds due to their early symmetrical branching. A mature cutting will never produce two nodes from the same place on the branch.

What race should you be (seriously) in the human category. Asian, Mayan, Black, White, etc.? Which helps the best/which holds a grower back the worst?

how to deal with partner who is looking to rip me off and claim everything?

Dispensary employee here. Do you have a legit op or grow for yourself? Legalized state? And, how much do you sell your quantities for?

White subruban kid is best reputation, black is worst. Hispanics and asians have to prove themselves with top quality product, but are legit once proven.

White is best of course. No one trusts blacks and the only Asians I ever see in the life are dirty and are wannabe niggers. I trust them the least.

what then would be a better alternative? lst/hst/scrog? this is for indoor btw.

Stop growing with partners. I had to learn that the hard way. More than once. It never works out. I’ve lost lifelong friends over this shit. Money destroys.

My op is within my legal limits these days. I sell to dispos sometimes an private buyers other times. You never want to become reliant on one outlet. I get $1500/lb.

I always top and sometimes scrog. I always use a trellis net but I don’t always weave the plants into it. Sometimes I just use it for lateral branch support.

You might be right, this will be the second time for me. Illegal here, so its real tricky to start from scratch without high risk.

I have two rules of thumb

1. Never grow with a partner.
2. Own the place you’re growing in.

Ignoring either one of these means you don’t have ultimate control over the grow.

>no bone meal
What are you even doing with your life

I want to grow but know nothing about plants, science or even weed what would you recommend reading to learn about it all

It sounds like they are getting too much light as japanese maple tree leafs, if given enough sunlight will turn from red to pink

Bone meal is already amended into the soil mix I use.

Jorge Cervantes grow bible is standard entry reading material. The Greg green grow bible is really good.

Do you scrog or any protips on maximizing space?

Sometimes I top then scrog. Sometimes I just top. Scroging doesn’t have so much to do with space efficiency as it does evening plant canopy height. I mainly scrog if I feel the plants are growing too unevenly or when they’ve gotten too tall. Most times I just too and use a trellis net as lateral branch support. Scrogging twenty five plants is more work than I want to do. Best thing to do for maximizing space is reclaiming floor space. Mount everything on the wall you can. Build shelves if you have to for holding hardware like dehumidifiers etc etc. use your floor space for growing. Spend time learning how to properly space your lights. Half my job working on existing grows is fixing their fucked up light layout.

from what I've learned by reading this thread, there's only room for large scale grow ops in the legal markets. small time growers should get fucked.

What would you recommend for someone trying to grow inside a closet