Food

Food

Attached: Screenshot_20190423-202415_Instagram.jpg (1062x1339, 1.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eatemupyum.wordpress.com/2019/01/19/praising-dr-james-salisbury/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm fucking starving.

I'm a sous-chef in a pretty high end restaurant.

I have like 30 mins before I pass out. Anyone here wants to ask food related shit, go for it.

I'll answer as best as I can

How to make a good onion mushroom sauce for steak?

By literally not rushing it.

Use the same pan you made the steak in

Use the built up fond. Make sure you pick up that fond with onions first and cook/caremilze them slowly. On a different pan, on high heat with olive oil, fry the mushrooms till brown. Dont fiddle with it, let them brown properly. At this point, we would add demi glace in the restaurant, to the pan with onions. If you can't, use a bit of beef stock

Transfer back mushrooms to first pan. Simmer till almost dry, add butter and stir until creamy and glossy.

Serve with steak

Transfer them to the pan with onions.

how to make a good beef stew?

Attached: Screenshot_20190421-082037_Instagram.jpg (1076x1066, 627K)

Do you think pho is overrated? What Asian foods do you like

see
replied to the wrong post by mistake

how to make schnitzel?

i have breasts, butterfly them, hammer it, flower egg crums, fry in a shallow pan.

am i missing anything?

Is this courtesy of the ukip budget, brought to you by SARGIE ???
>OI BRUV LET's DIG IN AND BREXIT.

Attached: 496dda1caff7ce966e363998ad6f742ca96f0d8ab0d54284b429017f39f92a4f.gif (500x276, 383K)

Makes me wanna nüt

I'll give you a rough guide to my personal beef bourguignon recipe who always gets praise:

Marinate beef with red wine, black pepper, and thyme. Pick something tough that is a stew meat. Ask butcher.

After about a day, get them out, save marinade.

High heat, vegetable oil, sear outside in batches. Then get them on a plate, lightly cover with flour, fry a second time.

Set aside. Use the same pan to lightly cook your vegetables. Onions and carrot. LARGE PIECES, they'll cook for a long ass time.

After they are parcooked, use marinate to deglaze.

Add these to a oven proof ceramic dish with the meat. Add head of garlic WHOLE, cut the root end off but not peel or touch further. This goes on top of the dish in oven.

Cook at around 350 until meat is tender. Before it is fully tender (check every hour) add mushrooms you sauteed and browned in butter or lard. Add these too.

After that, restaurant trick: Let it cool and put it in the fridge. Eat the next day. Makes a big difference.

Pho is decent and versatile. A properly made Ramen dish is absolutely delicious to me. Takes too longfor a home cook to make though.

Season breasts and let them sit for 20 mins in room temp. Make sure they are not too cold.

Use Panko. Double dip the coating.

For lighter coating use something that has beer and baking soda in the coating. Tons of recipes online. Literally the easiest thing. You got everything else right.

I'm using seasoned italian bread crumbs

In that case, go easy on the seasoning of the actual breast. Still do it for sure though. And let it rest.

Alsp whole pounding, use minimal force but hit many times. Get the job done in about 50 hits, not 3.

Thank you. My ma used to make stew similar to this. Screencapped and saved. Take my prized gif as payment.

Attached: dont mind me.gif (540x540, 1.26M)

like basic chicken seasoning? are you sure it wont be too salty?

I love a good ramen too. Definitely worth going to a ramen place to get

Enjoy. And I drop by food threads when I see em. So if you make it, tell me how it turned out. I typed all that from my phone, was painful. Hope it was worth

god bless you

Attached: masterwork of beef stew.png (991x297, 37K)

Fuck I miss working the line.. 2 years of culinary school and almost ten years in the trenches, but the hours and low pay finally wore me down and I switched careers to be more financially stable.

Semper fi all you cookfags.

You'll be back

You need to season chicken no matter how seasoned your crumbs are.

Just don't go nuts. Use caution, and you will test and see. Always season to taste but since you cant taste raw chicken, you need to try trial and error. Unless you have a good scale in kitchen. In which case, you should use 0.5% salt by weight of your chicken. But I doubt you want to be that accurate at home. You totally can tho.

If not using seasoned crumbs, ratio is usually %1.

Good ramen warms hearts. Small tip on figuring out if a restaurant has possibly good ramen:

Check if they huge amounts of stock (usually in giant stock pots). And if possible, ask if they make their own bone broth. If yes to both, they have potential.
Too many different elements to ramen so, it can still be bad. But worth a shot.

Been there. Though I was lucky. Lucky plays a huge role on stuff like this.

Attached: 1499914460888.jpg (1920x1500, 1.97M)

cool ty

What did you switch over too, if you don't mind me asking. I've always wanted to go through culinary school but part of me says it's a giant waste.

Not likely, I'm making almost twice as much working in my new career with way less stress. I never got above chef de partie, but I just never had the ambition to become a sous or chef de cuisine.

Besides, I think I'd rather be the rich invester schmoozing with people on opening night, than the sucker working the pass for peanuts.

At least now I'll be able to afford a decent kitchen in my house, and the time to spend cooking for my family.

Wouldn't trade my time in the kitchen for anything tho. Career cooks are all fuckin' badass.

Power engineering AKA stationary engineer AKA running boilers in plants and shit. School was hella easy, though I have a mind for mechanical things. Basically 80% of the jobs are automated and run by computers now anyway.

You'll be broke and never have time to spend with non culinary friends, but you'll learn an excellent life skill and I can guarantee you'll never go hungry. Some of the family meals I've eaten over the years would rival any Michelin starred restaurant.

If you love food and have a creative mind, I say go for it.

53rd and 6th, baby

Attached: 482563567_c286893306_b.jpg (1024x768, 446K)

Happy for you. I'm happy with my current position and will probably replace my chef here. He is mentoring me basically.

Money has never been an issue for me though so that part probably affected my choices.

Food is basically my life. Can't ever imagine a different line of work. It allows me to be creative and precise.

Also get to meet cool people and eat very cool things.

I am happy. Very very tiring though, as I'm sure you know.

We all owe Dr. James Salisbury a huge "THANKS!!!!" for his creation.

eatemupyum.wordpress.com/2019/01/19/praising-dr-james-salisbury/

Ew yo

Ew yo

Attached: pizza-taco.jpg (450x486, 68K)

Nice yo
But possibly:Ew yo

Ew yo
You ain’t from philly

nyc in the house. halal guys.

noice

I find it sad because I was never unhappy on the line, but the hours and pay and lifestyle just caught up with me I guess.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it user. I'll give my tongs a couple test clicks for ya next time I throw a steak on the broiler.

WHITE SAUCE HOLLA

Attached: aaaaaa pikachu.png (165x190, 73K)

Has science gone too far?

Attached: i2dw5nf19josf5ous90fwcxpo1_500.jpg (500x333, 33K)

Niggah that shits been around forever
Newfoodfag

Eww....hmm....I’m highly intrigued....do the corn dogs have to have sticks?

I appreciate it user.

With that, I'll leave anons since people aren't asking stuff and I'm sleepy. Work tomorrow.

I drop by these threads and help people like this every now and then. Least I can do.

Sous chef user out. Peace

l8s

Attached: 1555499688276.jpg (1080x1350, 258K)

Attached: BDABB595-2F91-4DC3-9BF1-18FCA90CC709.jpg (200x200, 20K)

Yum, yo!

I do prep work at a very new italian restaurant

No you dont

Ya huh

They hired me as a dishwasher but now I do mostly prep.

Ayyy the pizza taco is gross but fuck was it good. Only had it once. Love giant slices of pizza

Is that a freaking burrito? I wish they looked like that where I live...