Why is Deus Ex considered the best videogame in history?

Why is Deus Ex considered the best videogame in history?

Attached: 27.jpg (437x665, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRJBiMkrvdk
openmw.org/en/
youtube.com/watch?v=nJD-Ufi1jGk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>graphics
>story
>ambience
>music
>character
>mechanics
>stealth
>living world
>abilities worth a shit and upgrades that make you feel like you actually progress

Attached: face had to do it.jpg (635x633, 42K)

its not

no one asked you, kid, fortnite sucks dick.

Attached: face bird4.jpg (1418x1133, 345K)

because it was Cloud Samurai Animals.

Attached: 1452987118365.jpg (957x1265, 1.09M)

Dishonored is exactly that.

>dishonored
i'll give you 1 was decent, but bathesda? really? they haven't been good since fallout 3.

Attached: face 11.png (255x280, 113K)

Skyrim
Fallout fou...
Fallout sevent...
Well, skyrim

bethesda

Attached: face tard cat.jpg (225x225, 5K)

nah, fuck skyrim. oblivion was the last good elder scrolls. absolutely nothing will ever compare to the shivering isles and the rest of that game. absolute 10/10

Attached: face dog anime.png (1080x1080, 1.39M)

agreed, 1 was good and probably my favourite game in terms of fun, but the rest made me want to hurt the person that was responsible for them

The game itself was a prophecy of what's happening now.

What about Bioshocks?

i loved 1, i played 2 but i had another game at the time, i think it was dante's inferno and that took serious precedent over bs2 and i just didn't get back into the series.

Attached: face duchovny.jpg (391x476, 40K)

also, that was 2k, the fuck are you on?

Attached: face cat coy.jpg (251x241, 22K)

Skyrim is still a great game despite being dumbed down, unlike fallout 4 which was dumbed way down. Skyrim still stands out as a great work

>dante's inferno
Does that have anything to do with the Dante from book going through hell and the story around it? Or just fancy name?

eh. it was well enough that i did all important quests and i did like the leveling system and new magic system but i don't know...it just never sat right with me
yes, it was exactly that story. it was on 360/ps3. i suggest you check it out. very much god of war style and it was extremely satisfying to play.

Attached: face cat chicken.jpg (1242x1218, 204K)

>yes, it was exactly that story
Wait, are you telling there's also Virgil and they go together through the gates of hell? Is it a shooter? Are there story cutscenes? RPG?

The foresight. Game came out 1999. First level has no twin towers in manhattan skyline.

The outburst of terrorism foretold has come true.

Came feels like you are inside of it.

Enemies do not hold back. If needed, they hit you with nukes. Or nanotechincs. Anything.

I think most of all believable hard-hitting enemies.

The thing that did for me was my friends saying.. now that we made this friend, we begin to operate from a position of power.

And some friend who were weak.. reminiscing how their father had discussions in the garden.. when they had power.

Vivid. Of things how things would go. Of beings who decide. And you could possibly affect.

>let me wait for the echo of what i just typed...
yea, that's what i said. it was golden. supremely underrated and would explain why, when it came out at the same time as bioshock2 (if i remember correctly), it was what took over the appeal when i rented both before i bought it

Attached: face cat country.jpg (1125x700, 101K)

user, you're making my cock hard. No homo.

Also Planescape Torment says hello my friend Deus Ex we are brothers

i'm glad i could help some one discover a classic. now that is a remaster i would suck dick to get. fuck these other trash remasters, some from fucking 3 years ago that barely even look better in comparison of the official release. the industry is dying. microtransactions/dlc/remasters are the cancer.

Attached: culture.jpg (680x379, 24K)

>Deus Ex
That's a funny way of saying StarCraft

Attached: SC.jpg (299x168, 8K)

This guy gets it. Hopefully the skyblivion mod comes out in our lifetime lol.

2 was decent but i never got the chance to get super into it because fucking dota2 came out when i finally started pc gaming and my main bros were basically over it and onto that. such a shame. i loved the fan made mafia game, though. shit is cash.

Attached: my-additional-pylons.jpg (300x352, 19K)

i haven't heard much about that, but if it works in vr i would be stoked. i have the vive and skyrim is indeed mad sex in vr, but if i had dat oblivion..fuck...

Attached: face cat 4.jpg (581x640, 31K)

Invisible War was better.

Is Deus Ex revision a remake?

strong contender for shittiest opinion of the year

Bullshit. The correct hierarchy is
Morrowind>Skyrim>Oblivion

i have no idea, i don't have that

Attached: face cat mirror.jpg (301x499, 24K)

i never played morrowind but skyrim sure as fuck isn't above oblivion. blasphemer

Attached: gulag.jpg (480x563, 14K)

>sc2
>dota2
The original was being discussed. You're too young to post here.

>i never played morrowind
Opinion invalidated.

>too young
what part of i didn't start playing pc till around that point don't you get, kid? i was also broke as fuck growing up. and your opinion was already invalidated when you said skyrim above oblivion

Attached: face cat leggo.jpg (697x677, 43K)

how are the graphics though, since it was released only on consoles i dont want to play some fugly mash of textures

Ma nigga

Attached: 1556062875765.jpg (550x345, 49K)

StarCraft 2 isn't StarCraft. StarCraft is.

Oblivion is unanimously agreed as the worst by everyone except children who played that game first and never played Morrowind.

youtube.com/watch?v=jRJBiMkrvdk i thought it was okay back then but back then i was console exclusive so it's hard to say how it would look by my standards today.

Play morrowind. There's a high res fan-remake of it iirc.
I played it when it wasn't that old yet, it's the first game that completely sucked me in. Come home from school, go to my room, and enter another world. Hours each day, months on end, with just a single player game and a handful of mods.
Those water surface graphics & physics blew my mind back then.
And even after all those months I didn't explore the whole map...

Attached: woops.jpg (1024x768, 197K)

and the same could be said about people who played marrowind first. your argument is a logical fallacy of
>MuH nOsTaLgIa
any one who plays what they consider an original, is going to consider that one the best and yes i see the irony in my preference of the superior oblivion over skyrim for the same argument but i am self aware and you aren't

Attached: face cool cat.png (400x414, 215K)

the only good thing about oblivion was shivering isles. if i want to see boring european landscape i just get out the door. SI reminded me of morrowind a lot, where around every corner something alien waited to be explored.

Oh yeah yeah

that's how i felt about oblivion. i'd be thinking about it all day at work then come home and touch myself while i played. i have seen some marrowind gameplay years back on twitch and it seemed kinda clunky but i don't know if that was the version you mentioned or the original the guy was playing. where would one find this hi res remake

skyrim was so fucking tedious. every. single. dungeon was the same. what are you even talking about?

Attached: face dog2.jpg (415x479, 22K)

Found it in my bookmarks: openmw.org/en/

And it was clunky as shit, but it was mindblowing nonetheless, so much depth and so much shit you could do just the way you wanted.
Sneak was always OP though.

there was ONE cool area besides the initial coolness of the dwarven machines and shit, and that was that cave that had all the nirnroot. that shit was cool.

Attached: face bird9.png (1248x936, 1.41M)

Let me guess. Was oblivion your first ES title?

Stop thief. Pay the fine!

keep up

Attached: stop right there criminal scum.jpg (480x360, 21K)

I was madly in love with Morrowind. Tried oblivion, but it didn't click with me in the same way.
Then Skyrim was announced
>it won't be a port!
>revolutionary graphics!
>omg you won't believe your eyes
Then it was released:
>menu ripped straight from console
>unintuitive and confusing to navigate
>even default mouse controls were console-y from the start with different x and y sensitivities
>meh graphics for its time
I tried it for exactly 3 minutes before I uninstalled, and I never tried it again. I'm still salty about the lies.

bethesda was never great with graphics but they made up for it for their open and usually rich worlds and shit you could do. that being said, i was always a fallout fan over elder scrolls anyway. i prefer scifi over fantasy.

Attached: face cat glasses.jpg (224x225, 4K)

Except you're objectively wrong. I didn't just say kids who played Oblivion first, I said kids who played Oblivion first and never played Morrowind.

Morrowind has more NPCs than either other game (maybe both combined? I forget), more hidden areas, an alien landscape, its own culture, and gameplay you have to actually understand and pay attention to dialogue in order to complete objectives.

Actually you know what, I'm going to stop arguing with your dumb ass and go play Morrowind.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the fallouts too.
But Morrowind was the first time I lost myself in a game; it'll always be special to me.

Heh

and you weren't paying attention when i said
>the last good
i didn't even say the best but you were completely triggered at the though it was good which can only mean my argument was completely valid, skyrim was trash compared to oblivion yet you put it before.

Attached: face i'll kill you.jpg (480x470, 23K)

>They have taken you from the Imperial City's Prison. To the east. To Morrowind. Fear not, for I am watchful.

i miss when games were that good. i think mass effect was the last series that did that for me. i will never not be bitter about what they did to it with Andromeda

Attached: face visible disgust.jpg (750x692, 49K)

Because it is?

Go to bed Todd

of course no mentions system shock 2, its just too scary.
deus ex is quite funny. published in 2000 it its basically set in the present day.

john wick would never have existed without equilibrium's gunkata.

fight me

youtube.com/watch?v=nJD-Ufi1jGk

Attached: 1374778802405.jpg (252x252, 6K)

user youre spamming my thread with so many pictures admins will be me at me for overloading the servers think about the children

now you mention the parallels with the dogs is ironic

Attached: face look at this cunt.jpg (307x352, 25K)

i have an unlimited supply to use

Attached: face saulute cat.png (461x280, 344K)

Anyone who's played the series can tell you:
Morrowind > Daggerfall > Oblivion > Arena = Skyrim