Tell me again why people actually want to move to this place

Tell me again why people actually want to move to this place

Attached: korea.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the filename was a nice touch, but still.

lived there 12 years.
>cheap cost of living
>cheap rent
>food's pretty cheap assuming you know how to cook
>cheap, high quality booze (specially whisky/alcohol)
>interesting history and culture
>good /out/
>hot women
>their women like wearing skirts and pantyhose
>good place to live if you like restaurants/food
>strong currency, so easy to make a good 10~30% bonus on your savings whenever you leave Japan for somewhere else
>practically no crime or violence

It has it's drawbacks but overall nice place to live. Main drawback is if you're foreign you're basically shoehorned into English teaching, bartending or working as an office drone for some IT/engineering firm.

bit off topic but imagine being an American wanting to move to Japan not looking like a total fucking weirdo. Any person who doesnt look like a weirdo belongs in Europe where they can actually do something productive.

video is choppy when watching stuff like abematv
moving to japan will fix

japan's normalfag as fuck. it's full of people who want to drink in public, hit on asian women and go snowboarding. not even kidding.
thinking japan's full of weeaboos and weirdos was true back in the 00's but it's far from that now, considering how cheap it is to fly there.

Because this is a civilized country and they dont let fucking muslims invade them

to be honest it is a easier place to live if you are a sperg everything runs on time trains are never late the type of human interaction on public transport for the most part is nice also a safe place sure it has problems but for some people in any country we would much prefer to live in a country that compliments the way we want to live eg japs want to go to America or the uk because they find something that doesn't exist in Japan lies in another place vise versa

No Muslim filth because the Jan gov't actually have some balls & not run by the Jews

They keep muslim's down and the only crazy ones are themselves.

yeah, but also the fact practically all of their food has pork broth, fish broth, shellfish and raw fish in it tends to keep them away.
Basically no vegans there either for the same reason. At best you can maybe manage being a piscetarian there but that's about it.

so you are saying as long as im a functioning normal being who has a grasp on the language I should be fine and not judged that much? Not considering it myself but I know one of my friends plan to go and I am feeling real bad for them cause they could go to somewhere much more better in europe and probably not be judged at all from what I know.

Why did you move back?

much better in Europe ? kek what sort of delusion do you think some countries have no dicks in them ?

>>cheap cost of living
>>cheap rent

I'd love to spend a few months there, ideally working in IT. Is it really cheap there? Didn't expect that tbh.

you have to shop around plenty of videos on youtube giving good spots for getting cheap food

>who has a grasp on the language
not a big deal really, and the less Japanese you know honestly the better because if you speak it badly girls think it's "cute" and you'll be given a lot of leeway by cops and people in general.
for getting around, traveling, restaurants etc signs everywhere are in English and now that smartphones are a thing you can make up the rest thanks to google translate and some good apps.

spent 8 years in Japan, went traveling for 2 years, worked another 2 years there and now i'm traveling again. I love the country but I'm honestly just sick of English teaching, as easy money as it is. Literally got paid $25/h to shitpost on my phone for half a day and did some bartending as well (ie: drinking for free in a bar while pouring a drink occasionally).
People are chill and friendly there, just avoid Tokyo because even Japanese people think Tokyo people are cold, robotic insect people. My advice, Kansai all the way or a major city in another prefecture like Hiroshima, Sapporo, Okayama etc.

yeah, again just avoid living anywhere near Tokyo or downtown Osaka because the rent/apartments there are fucked. Working in IT you'll likely have to work in Tokyo though. I had a 3 bedroom place to myself with free gigabit internet, aircon and flat $50 for utilities 5min from a major train station and it was only $600/month.
Food's cheap, alcohol's cheap, cigarettes are cheap, eating out's cheap.

UwU user-kun it's time to join my discord.. you wouldn't refuse this one little favor.. would you?

discord.
gg/JEUvkp

2v

Attached: _JvSGrhZnFV395oqGmFTtbeAi_4ywWtH_LX8iVnezUo.jpg (640x801, 92K)

Japan is very xenophobic. No chance for niggers and arabs to get a life with an jap girl overthere. Also when your white and dont looklike brad pitt then same to you gaijin if you look like a ogre neanderthal then you will be easily shunned. They are looking at you like you are some creature

Great advice and info, thanks man!

My motivation is basically to experience an interesting culture and sleep with a few manga looking cuties. I guess working in IT is tough over there, so I'd just hang out and do nothing.
Or maybe studying a semester would be an option.

>I guess working in IT is tough over there
It'd depend largely on who you work for. It could range anywhere between typical IT desk job to Japanese Salaryman-tier of long hours and shit wage.
The main drawback is you'd probably be stuck in Tokyo which honestly for a city of 40 million people, doesn't have that much apart from lots of bars and restaurants.

>Or maybe studying a semester
All that'd do is leave you with a degree worth nothing.

I heard that Fukuoka has a good IT scene. Tokyo doesn't sound to me like I'd enjoy life there. Cities with half a million up to two million are usually enjoyable for me.

The degree is not really important. Just want my days to have some structure and I guess I'd learn some new technologies as well. Not sure they teach in English though and what the tuition would cost.

I heard japan people dont like outsiders

even though Im german

guy who lived here 12 years here.
nah they fucking love foreign people.
just dont be an American tourist in Okinawa. If you're an American in Okinawa just say you're Canadian and you'll get treated way better.

I know this coming from Yea Forums where everyone is a racist, might make it seem unbelieveable, but Ive been to Japan loads of times (im Swedish), and they fucking love white foreigners, what they dont like are black people and muslims

Thats good to know, thanks.

Tell us a bit about these 12 years. What got you there, what do you do there, how is your life in general?

They know whites have money and also don’t cause trouble

Because it's many times greater than countries, communities and societies created by and consisting of people like yourself.

Is that why the suicide rate is sky high?

It's not like Japan is dependent on its tourism like many most Asian countries.
White European get better treatment than white Americans in Japan. Finnish people seem to be treated the best. Kind of similar cultures. Nice people treat nice people nicely.

>What got you there
If you dont mind teaching English, literally any 3 year Bachelor's degree from a university gets you a cushy, decent paying job there. I originally went after graduating university for a gap year, but stayed one more year... one more year... oh this music festival was fun gotta stay one more year etc etc. Next thing you know you've built a good circle of friends and a life there.
>what do you do there
Did the same thing everyone else does: Teach English. Cushiest job is to do it in public schools. Some people do extra work at night/weekends either in cram schools/eikaiwa or private lessons for extra money, I did bartending instead because you get to get drunk for free while talking to friends.
>how is your life in general?
If you go to Japan expect to drink a lot, almost every day. It's a really convenient country with fast internet, great /out/, lots of music festivals/concerts and the best powder snow in the world and you can drink anywhere in public. Bit of something for everyone. It's nice sitting on the train or on the beach with a can of high quality whisky highball. Craft beer has just recently taken off over there too.

Main thing it's a surprisingly diverse country which might not be apparent if you don't speak Japanese at least decently. Each region, prefecture, city is different in the way they act, talk, festivals, delicacies and in the stuff they eat and do. Even the Kansai dialect has like 5 different dialects in it.

Thanks!

I'm not a native English speaker, so that may be a bit difficult. Sounds like teaching English gets you a decent life there. I think I'd fit in culturally, but money is important.

>They are looking at you like you are some creature
congrats, you just found out what it's like to be part of a minority

The life become boring if you literally has nothing to worry, thats why Iceland or Japan has such an high rate on suicides. Its funny that shitholes like Uganda or Mexico doenst have high rates

Are you still in Japan? You seem to have an all right approach to life. There seem to be a vocal minority of English teachers that's completely cucked up.

What's your favorite region? I'm going back for a second time in May for work and staying for a bit of vacation as well. Got any recommendations? Been south and out on the tottori side. I'm a bit of /out/-fag, so I might go hiking in hakuba, or maybe even Hokkaido.

Aw thanks man.
>vocal minority that are cucked up
yeah they're often either the ones that get here thinking Japan'll be some fantasy anime land of lollipops and rainbows or the ones that go clubbing 6 nights a week and wonder why they're fucking broke.

Favourite region? Hyogo's north coast has some spectacular camping grounds. I camped with some friends up there last summer, it was fucking awesome.
There's good hiking all through Japan so I can't really recommend anything specific. I have a buddy that loads a bicycle up with camping gear and cycles to camping sites all over, might be something you could look at. If you get a bike that folds up into a bag/cover you could take it on a train to somewhere remote and cycle the rest of the way with camping gear.

it's the work culture that does that. they value being productive members of society and if they feel inadequate or unwanted then they become an hero's