Any ideas or concepts to write short horror stories about?

Any ideas or concepts to write short horror stories about?

Attached: 20190402_172536.jpg (1024x748, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tr8fgmFTRWc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

there is skeleton and he jump out and he gets you

Something about perception not being real. Maybe take stuff like deja vu or a random itch and make it something paranormal, or like a parasite. Maybe their connection to reality is flickering. Godspeed!

Sketchy drug hookup turns into bad trip that actually changes reality. Worst part is it doesn't end.

Go to scp foundation.pick any random page.

Both of these are great and can combined, thanks for helping a man out of a block. Definitely got the juices flowing.

Sleep paralysis with hallucinations. Not knowing if the hallucinations are real or not or if you're dead.

Most of those are pretty overdone, and the newer shit's downright autistic. Also, SCP is fairly well known now, especially in internet horror circles, so you're not winning any points for concept there.

I know it's more of a slow-burning existential thing, but maybe write one about someone that gets un-personed from the internet and loses all of their connections with the people around them. Eventually, nobody acts like they recognize them, and finally they are completely ignored even in person.

Take a look at the news for inspiration

Attached: 1539599893203.png (477x724, 692K)

Law and Order does that, and it feels like too much even for a show trying to be "topical." Ripped from the headlines is great for some cheap relevance, but it puts an expiration date on your work.

You are trapped inside a small enclosed area that is pitch black with no method of escape. Your mind would bring out the true horror.

Attached: IMG_20190407_173122.jpg (480x480, 11K)

Scary as fuck, but would it make good reading?

Anything can be engaging if its written well

How about a mysterious bunch of holes showing up in a mountainside after an earthquake. They are all strangely shaped like humans. Soon, people recognize their holes and are compelled to visit. Despite police effort, they begin to enter the form-fitting silhouettes, walking in deeper and deeper. Once in, they can't move back and must march on. But the holes are getting tighter and... misshapen.

Already done by a fantastic writer and artist.

Is this supposed to be a take on society because you don't fit in after a while?

a man is scared because there is a monster but then he escapes so there isn't a monster and everything is ok

Ripping of Junji Ito, I see.

>scp foundation

Mehhh

Not really. Some of the older stuff is alright, but it's been total garbage for like 2-3 years now

This thread is a great thread

Shut it, it's fun to see people's reaction to the plot if they don't know the comic. And yeah, they dude is a genius. What I wouldn't give to see some of his work translated into a Netfilx animated series like an updated Twilight Zone.

YOU SEEING THIS HOLLYWOOD? It would make Black Mirror look like fucking Care Bears.

No it wouldn't it would turn out a jump scare circus of niggers and trannies in ten seasons and three spin-offs to milk every shekel out of it

Okay, I got an original one. I have to warn you there is lots of child rape though... A boy is shoved through the system after his parents die in a murder suicide act of passion. He winds up in a home where he soon realizes is just a scam on the government for money and easy access to kids. The 'new' dad and mom show everything to be up and up to the CPS workers and the kid is now legally theirs. Then shit gets rapey.

Too dark? Because this happened to ...a friend. So realistic at least.

I'm picturing a 'Love Death and Robots' approach. It could work.

That’s already a very good story on YouTube I saw
youtu.be/tr8fgmFTRWc

This is a "great" concept in that it's totally plausible. I (OP) would definitely give it an honest try. Would count as more psychological terror and bad feelings than conventional horror, which would make it a whole lot more serious and delicate - wouldn't want to botch it because fuck.. That's terrible

The theme is him fantasizing how he kills them every night. A good one being slashing the woman to death with that fucking fruit knife when he knows the man is about to come home drunk again, calling the cops and blaming it on him. The kid is cut the fuck up pretty bad (a boy of even 9 yrs old can't take down a grown adult, even female without some issue) so the cops haul his ass in.

Then he just wakes up and has to change his 'sister's' sheets cause she wet the bed again.

You'd have to end it with the boy finally acting on one idea and getting out, otherwise it would be a total downer.

And even then, the final page break and last sentence should be "And then he woke up".

Attached: 1550517534199.jpg (1024x700, 236K)

a 'fatal attraction' like remake but with more gore, and with millennial references

That's fucking rough my dude, that's a story that sticks. It's also more realistic if there isn't a heroic breakout but just keeps going, not because that's what we want, but because deep down we all know that's the most realistic ending

I hope this ain't for some high school thing,because you're gonna get checked out thorough, if so. Even if you just change it to physical abuse, if you get too detailed people will ask things.

Anyways, do you want to know how it really ends? Ask and I'll tell...

No, it's not, but thank you! I'm occasionally writing under pen name for a publication in Europe.
And yes, if you don't mind, I would really appreciate to know what happened!

He lived a life that would be a blasphemy in Hell until he was 18 and worked shit jobs, in and out of college, sleeping in friends' houses until he stopped the drugs and got his degree. Then he secured a job with the county as an intern, people realized he wasn't a useless shit and hire him. Now he has a clean apartment and a paying job making maps, even gets to visit old friends on terms where he dosen't owe anything for once. And while he still drinks far too much, there's a fat lazy cat curled next to him as he types out pointless shit on the internet, appreciating what he finally has.

Peace.