Is it stupid to buy a bicycle when I already own a car and I am an excellent driver...

Is it stupid to buy a bicycle when I already own a car and I am an excellent driver? I got frustrated with the traffic and looking for parking space with my car,especially if I need to be somewhere only for a short period (less than 30 mins). Also I am 29 years old, would it be immature to drive around on a mountain bike?

Attached: cross.png (960x640, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crosscycle.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do it, cycling is gold

No, it's more mature and reasonable to use a bike if you have a short distance to ride.

No problem at all... saves me parking and gas.. also, can be a brisk workout.. bike on!

edit: domt buy a cheap mtb

Lamp

nothing stupid about riding bikes.

get something better suited for your style of riding like a commuter or hybrid bike. both are inexpensive. also do some research and get a good lock.

Dude, everyone should have a bike and it's absolutely not immature... It's even eco friendly. It's fun and I assure you that you will be biking all around town just for fun. Buy a good one if you have the money and take it to the woods. Where I live we grew up riding bikes.

Just please don't get an electronic one

Yes, but I am worried I am going to look like a kid pulling up into the bar with a bicycle. I live in very macho culture. But I do agree with you about the short distance, I actually use a car to cover embarrassing distances.
What's wrong with the bike I posted? I will get a great discount on it
I grew up riding bikes too but I haven't owned one since my old one got stolen.
Lol, I actually considered this but I saw them and they are butt ugly.

Depends on how far you plan on riding daily and what the weather you gotta deal with is. If you're riding to work, are you going to arrive smelling like you just got out of the gym or the shower?

>It's even eco friendly
bikers put too much oil on their bike and are the #1 reason for oil leakages

Bikes are great. Biking is great. Wear a helmet or you're a dumbass and will deserve it when you get your egg cracked.

BUY USED. Craigslist, pinkbike, etc. Bikes depreciate a lot for basically no reason. The parts that wear are cheap to replace. For the same price you could get a crappy regular bike, or a used high performance bike from 5-10 years ago that will be much better in the long run.

>Just please don't get an electronic one
they are a lot of fun though

this

>look like a kid pulling up to the bar on a bike
Nah, you'll look like a fitness buff if anything. Chicks dig bikes. And you won't go to jail for riding it home drunk (in most places).
>whats wrong with OP image bike
nothing really, it's just a cheaply made mid-low tier model and you could get a much better used bike from a better company for the same price.

Get a road bike. Why would you use a mountain bike to ride on the road?

to have the choice to go off road/through the woods

Funny thing is I am a fitness buff, I am 6'1 and 200 lbs with a developed body. But I am trying to get away from that label because people think you are obsessed with the gym. The bike in the image is the one I was going to buy because it's on sale, brand new for 400 dollars.
I want the versatility and the roads here are a disaster

Google What are cylocross Bikes.

post your bikes

Attached: bike.jpg (1774x1324, 570K)

Source? This sounds like bullshit

Do it. No parking bs. No dui shit. Fuck what other people say.

yeah cyclocross are probably the ultimate commuter. Depends what you want to do though. Something more MTBish can be more fun/better handling.

it is bullshit

Why does it have lefty written on it if it has both shafts?

to fuck with people

Ok so, if it's going to be a mtb disk brakes are mandatory. Don't think that the more gears it has the better it is. Actually it's mostly the opposite with the new bikes. You don't need a double suspension but if you can get the front suspension with air not just spring loaded

rather put the 400 into a used bike. a brand new 400 dollar bike is absolute trash in comparison to a high tier mtb that was used for 3 years and well kept for 400

Yeah definitely only get rear suspension if you're planning to drop some real money on a bike to ride trails seriously. It's a big tradeoff of pedaling efficiency for control on really rough stuff at speed. The shocks will waste some energy each time you pedal unless they can lock.

Thanks for the advice. Give me some brands to look at. Keep in mind, I don't live in America, here they consider Cross a good brand.

This x100

You've now heard the same advice from multiple anons.

Just bought a 2018 Trek 920. Couldn't be happier

I think you should more be looking like at the components. For example the rear derailleur DONT get Shimano Tourney, Shimano Altus. I think a Deore or if you want to pay a bit less an Acera should be good. There is also the SRAM brand but haven't tried it yet. Front suspension: dont get Sountour XCT they often put it on cheap bikes. If you can find a Rockshox that would be perfect.

I appreciate the help man, I really do because you seem to know your shit. But I live in Balkans and we don't have the choices the developed world has. I believe you when you say that the bike in my image is shit, but it's the absolute best they have to offer.

Is it in a general store like Walmart? DONT BUY BIKES FROM THERE. For real dude, check on ebay if you dont have Craigslist over there. Get a used bike not a bike from the local supermarket

No,it's a bike shop. This is the webpage of the manufacturer

crosscycle.com/

I have checked out our equivalent of craigslist and they literally scam people for 400 dollars,they sale nameless bikes as SWISS bikes or GERMAN bikes.

why the fuck would you care what others think? buy a bicycle get a junker or an expensive one, you body and wallet and soul will appreciate it.
captcha says otherwise.

Buy a street bike, mountain bike, another street bike and a folding bike
Trust me I'm dutch

if it sounds like bullshit it is probably bullshit

https:\\discordapp.com\invite\8qeq9Xn

-tp2

Attached: file 4.jpg (521x753, 60K)

I really recommend you to get a fixed gear bike.
They are so much fun, you will want to find excuses to go ride them around and you will look like a beast riding them at 40 km/h around town

Attached: me bike.jpg (787x1051, 340K)

Biking is super fun. Do you have a good place to lock it up?

That would be the biggest factor in picking a bike. I always say buy nice or buy twice, but if it's just going to be locked up outside you could get a bike for $200 that works just fine.