Gonna check my brain in a MRI. Any one else done this? What to expect?

Gonna check my brain in a MRI. Any one else done this? What to expect?

Attached: pet-mri.jpg (600x434, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ToxTtTMpSfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

make sure you pee beforehand.

yeah i had one. u just lay there for a while, there's a good bit of noise but it's not bad. what sucked was when they injected the dye. felt like ice running through my whole body

It's loud and you have to be still for like 45 minutes. If you're claustrophobic, it's not very fun.

It's really loud but I nearly fell asleep but I think mine was an ECG I think it's basically the same

Eat a handful of magnets first.

Good idea, they say its 30-90 min.

/thread

Attached: 1348356D-48FC-4028-9FC9-D3D3788C7677.jpg (464x1024, 36K)

Yeah, they told me to bring a CD with musik on it. Thought about bringing some trash metal just to annoy the doctors kek

I once had a CAT scan, does that count? Nothing exciting happened. No cats were found.

It makes you feel like your pissing yourself if they inject contrast.

Attached: 05426B98-CD04-4B86-8EA4-083970DFA3FE.jpg (768x1024, 64K)

Make sure you are wearing all the piercings that you own. If you don't have any, make sure to get a few before hand. The body jewelry acts as a sacrifice to the MRI God and he will be pleased.

Ill drink some lead :)

Fuckers must've been hiding.

Have been in an MRI for a scan of my eye, it makes a lot of electric noise wich I found soothing.

>lead
>MAGNETIC resonance
You know what, go ahead.

Oh, btw
Can i keep the pics of my brain?
(OP)

I never even saw mine so I guess not

The fuck. I understand if I can't keep the pics. But i should at least get to see them

The music was terrible. I got a copy of my scan on CD after though.

No need for such a scan OwO

Attached: Snapchat-1481020981.jpg (1080x1920, 122K)

A copy of the pics? I hope i can get that aswell

You can ask for them and they will hook you up opie.

this

for a good time, take a file to a railroad tile and get a couple of grams of iron filings.
snort that shit about an hour before the appointment.
be prepared for the trip of a lifetime.

Now thats what I want to hear

Attached: 1549287825490.jpg (235x250, 7K)

tile -> rail

KEK. Nah fam. I like my head not full of brain mush

Yep, my CD came with a DICOM viewer program on the disk to examine the images from the scan in their native format (from what I understand most health systems use DICOM for medical imaging.)

Ah oki, as long as i get the CD the rest should be fine. Not really sure what DICOM is tbh

It's awesome if you take like half a tab of acid about 30 minutes before you go. The magnetic field becomes visualized in your mind, they hired one at a local RAVE here and were charging $500 for the experience, don't let the opportunity for a free one pass you by.

Forgot to add that I work for the healthcare system I got my MRI at and got to hold a wrench near an MRI once, it's crazy how far away even a 1.5T magnet grabs shit.

Dicom is just a protocol like jpg.

Make sure they x-ray your head first. Tiny bits of metal can get in the eyes if you've ever used a grinder or such. Usually they just sit in the eyeball and cause no problem but you can imagine what happens if you put them next a magnet so powerful it could lift a car.

Think im fine om that part.

Ah oki. And yeah, I've been at an MRI before, I study science so i had the opportunity to kinda look at it going.

I do it a few times a year for MS. Ask for earplugs if they don't give you any. Don't freak out if you can't focus your eyes or anything because the space is small - just close them and breath slowly. Sometimes they put a mirror in above you so you can see out, that's helpful. The sides can get pretty hot, if they offer you a blanket and you don't think you'll get cold, take it anyway - it'll stop your skin from contacting the sides. There's no really good way to pass the time, but meditation is my favorite. That and composing music in my head that matches the sounds of the machine.

Yes, they'll burn them on to a disk for you. Make a copy for your records, if you ever switch providers you may need it.

See Sorry, linked the wrong person ()

Yes! The woman gave me headphones to listen to the radio and every once in awhile asked if I was OK and needed to stop because i'm a disabled zilch. The results were disappointing I was hoping it would find something. It was "free" but billed $2,500 to the insurance company.

Are you shure they will find some brain?

Why you want your head checked?

Oh oki. The blanket sounds like something I definitely will ask for. Hope you are going strong bud. MS is shit.

Oh, one more thing OP. If you're doing it with contrast, some people have bad reactions. If you feel off, like you're tired or losing consciousness, that can be a sign that you'll die soon from a bad reaction (seriously). Definitely speak up in those cases.

Ka chink Ka chink Ka chink Ka chink. Bzzzz Bzzzz..... WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

OH

and if any of you are fucking pathetic losers like myself and have someone to take care of you, i've found that i never have to go into waiting rooms. they'll either let me stay out in the car or lay on a couch in the lobby or come directly into an exam room and lay down on a table..literally every doctor and dentist i go to

Oof. Where do you live?

baDOOP baOOP baOPP baOPP
KRRRR KRRRR KRRR KRRRR KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I actually love that feeling, all warm and fuzzy

Boredom, claustrophobia and a bit of noise.

I get contract with every MRI a few times a year and I have no idea what you're talking about. Then again, spine damage did give me an underactive bladder...

indian river shores florida (roughly central florida on the atlantic ocean)

contrast*

Prob not
I started to have weird aggressive and focused headaches that appeared for 1-3 secunds about 3-5 times a day. The doctor had never heard about it and the guys at the lab sounded super excited to see my head in a MRI.
(Live in sweden so the scan is free) so it isnt the money they are looking for

i took benzos beforehand but i had a prescription, no one that's normal is going to have a problem with the procedure you just lay there and do nothing for awhile

Great. I've been having eye issues these last couple years, all eye tests are ok, thinking mri might find the cause? Hope you get some answers.

True, but if you say you have panic attacks in confined spaces they'll drug you. I personally like to get stoned before mine.

Ah oki. I think I will do it for free. Love being a swede some time. Literally took me 4 days to get a time. Went to the doc Tuesday, and my time this Tuesday. Like, bruh.

Yeah, I hope you find the issue as well bud. Vision and hearing feels like 2 senses i wouldn't wanna lose.

It's a no brainer.

personally I would prefer not to get an MRI I have a feeling that exposure to intense magnetism can fuck your shit up theoritically stripping the ferro metals from your body and rearranging them

MRI or Scanner ?
MRI just sucks, you must stay still for half an hour or so, you are cold because of the hospital clothes, and the machine is quite loud even with protections. Sometimes they inject you with a contrast product but it does not feel weird at all, just as bad as a blood test (the contrast product is some kind of metal I think, you do not feel it).

Scanner, on the other hand, is the same but the imaging product is some radioactive shit that makes you feel like you're peeing yourself with the might of a thousand suns.

Not that bad altogether, just boring and long. Hope your brain is ok (or as much as it can be) I know brain problems can be a burden.

Will keep it in mind. Im sure the doctors will talk about this more in detail.

This sounds like some psudo science

Lmfao. Nah, its MRI. I hope so aswell. Not really sure what they're even look looking for. Feels like its either a tumor or just some nerv being messed up

Yeah, hopefully. I thought of something else - if you show up wearing plain cotton clothes you might not have to change into a hospital gown. For head MRIs I've found this to be true, not so much for spine MRIs.

Yeah, I will probably dress in some sweatpants and a oversized hoodie. Illmake sure there are no metal tips or rings on either

What most people don't realize is that doctors frequently downplay or hide side effects from patients by considering the possibility that it's more dangerous to scare them off of the idea of doing a test than to have them take one.

FRIDAY, Sept. 23, 2011 (HealthDay News) -- Many people who undergo MRI scans describe feeling dizzy while inside the machine or when they come out, and a new study may explain why.

Researchers believe that the strong magnet used during an MRI pushes on fluid circulating in the inner ear, impacting balance and often leading to a feeling of vertigo or free-falling.

just one of the ways an MRI can mess with your body

your body has metal in it. exposing it to extremely powerful rotating magnets might not be good

If you're in a hospital and they bring you there make 100% sure the medfags didn't forget anything metal around you.

Some retard at a local hospital left an oxygen bottle between the patient's legs. It pretty much sliced him in two halves.

Why the fuck would he even have a Otube between the legs

I rather become dizzy or feel sick for 2-3 days then skip it and die from brain canser. Not to mention that the only other way is to laser my head with radioactive shit.

1.5 Tesla MRI magnet is very strong. Thousands of times stronger than the earth's own magnetic field. they'll suck a floor buffer right into the bore.

I hope you don't have a tumor OP, even if they remove it successfully you might have epilepsy afterwards and if the medication doesn't control it well enough you won't be able to drive anymore.
It sucks

CT scans dose you with shit load of radiation. Health wise, MR probably not nearly as bad for you.

Yeah, thats what the doctors said aswell

Thanks fam. I think I'm fine. They wanted to do the MRI so urgent because they suspect I have a rare disease. And honestly, if it helps them get new knowledge, and it helps me get rid of this shit. That'd be great

And whatever you do, NEVER refer to them as technicians. They are TECHNOLOGISTS.

Such bullshit, nothing moves instantly it has to accelerate and an oxygen bottle is smooth and curved, even travelling at high speed it is not going to slice through things, rather pulverise them.

If this happened the oxygen bottle would be ripped from between the patients legs and push their legs or body aside. The people in danger would be those a few metres away from the patient where the bottle has had time to reach high speed and those in between the MRI.

Spent 30 years handling gas cylinders in welding and diving and your story is bs.

^^ also feels like something the news would love to make stories about. And I've never heard of anything close to that

>nothing moves instantly
Everything the size of a Planck length moves instantly, ie within a Planck second. Electrons even move instantly when they are entangled. Learn to physics Yea Forumsruh.

MRI tech here
AMA

But don't really

Just listen to your doctor

KEK. Im pretty fucking sure that if the elecrtons all flew to the magnate the tube would be the smallest problem

Oi, I've actually gotten more then I expected from this thread. Yea Forums delivers feelsgoodman.

But if you don't mind me asking, I'm only going to scan my head. Will i need to be injected with stuff?

CT is much faster than MRI

You have the right to a copy of your gay images and the transcribed report, you just have to know to ask

Yes
It's not that bad, just feels like ice in you veins for a little

A couple anons were talking about a different one that makes you feel like you're pissing yourself, but I've never had it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ToxTtTMpSfk

In which country do you just decide that you're gonna go and get an mri scan? And how much willb hat cost you?

Usually it's a doctor that makes the decision to have one done for you

They actually asked if I wanted to keep the image from my last MRI because it was interesting, showed the "hole" in my brain where the tumor was.

The lab wanted to. Probably for research on a rare disease i have. And its all free. Welcome to Sweden :)

Lol you are a fucking retard

That actually sounds dope, I hope everything went fine bud! Fuck canser

You will always change into a hospital gown

Ohh, the dumbfuckistan of all places. Thanks, but no. Have fun drowning in niggers you cuckfag.
Sincerely,
Finfag

My facility has a 3T and well defined zones

CT is lower dose dumbass, scans are much faster

Lmao, the refugees are all living in like 5 main cities. There are non where i live.
And talking about Cucking, how's the swedish you fucks read in school? LUL

Attached: Pepedankmeems420blazeitohbabyatripledankaestheticafkeepit100.jpg (600x600, 60K)

They are monkeys that do what the rad tells them

You've obviously got zero experience with a Tesla magnet though. Go soak your head

Do you swallow? Im a radiologist looking for a new bitch but not need one who swallows

Hästen tycker om att simma i havet.
There's my compulsory swedish.

And well, I guess it pays off to understand the language of the enemy.

How's this for you?
Sinä vitun hurri tulet vielä maksamaan niistä vääryyksistä mitä Suomi on teiltä saanu kestää.

Depends on what they think they're looking for. Brain bleeds are usually non contrasted, unless it's a perfusion study. Masses, abcesses, mets are usually contrast enhanced studies

That's likely isovue from a CT. MRI usually uses gad

>The enemy
In every war we ignore your calls for help.
In every war we wanted you guys you laid down like a dog.
Finland would never dare to attack sweden kek.

Ahhh, i understand. Didn't know why they would've the need for an injection because i thought it was for anxiety. But it makes sense using a it to colour the blood.

Well the epilepsy has fucked my life up and I might have to start taking more meds, but at least the tumor isn't coming back.

Last time I checked your cuck military had trouble maintainibg a couple of lousy brigades of paid soldiers whilebthe neighbour has hundreds of thousands of men through conscription.
Have fun sucking nigger cock fag.

Yeah, epilepsy sucks aswell. Had a childhood friend who got it. But yeah, still a upgrade from the tumor^ I hope you can eventually get rid of the epilepsy aswell. Not sure how it is in your case, but can't you get rid of it after 2-4 years of medication?

Sure bud, have fun with russia :,)

I had the tumor removed 23 years ago, the scar tissue is what's causing it.
I'm going to have it until I die.

Attached: 654674875.jpg (576x524, 78K)

Radiographer here; you'll be okay.

Fuck. That sucks :/ Do you live inside a town? I guess you won't be granted a driver's license even if you get better meds :(

Cheers. Rn I'm just hyped. I wanna see my brain man

Attached: Snapchat-1806534569.jpg (702x657, 88K)

Nope, I live 6 miles out from the nearest small town.

Honestly I should be working from home, I'm just too apathetic and lazy.

Don’t you literally not have an army yet you’re talking as if any single relevant country would consider you as anything more than benign social experiment

Ah, I feel you.
I've had severe depression. I can count on my fingers all the people I've interacted with the last 2 years. Shit sucks. But im starting to feel better now. Medication is working well and so on. But I'm still a NEET

Isn’t a PET scan a better option?

We actually just started mandatory recruitment for 18 year olds.

And when you are a great trade partner with countries all over the world and an EU member, no one will attack you without sever backlash.

No, PET is a cheaper option yes, but gives worse pictures and exposes you to radioactive shit.