How much you lost time on this thing and do you still keep doing that?

How much you lost time on this thing and do you still keep doing that?
Also would you play on classic btards?

Attached: 220px-WoW_Box_Art1.jpg (220x314, 30K)

My main was a prot warrior. 200 days played on this character only.
I played from middle BC (I was a kid back then and mostly did PvP without even pexing to level 70).
I started PvE in Cataclysm and reached a high level during WoD. I stopped playing after reaching my highest level (99-100% logs on every boss from HFC) because my grades were pretty bad (almost failed my year) and I got a gf.
Stopping wow worked pretty well for the studies, not for the gf tho.
I don't think that I'll ever play this game again because I'll want to get back to my level and it requires at least 4 raids a week.

Don't remember how much time I spent playing but it was a lot, I started in Vanilla shortly before BC and played through till just before Cataclysm. My friend got me back into it after cataclysm for a while but I got busy with college.
I'm actually playing on a vanilla private server currently and might play on official classic servers depending on how Blizz implements them.

official (((classic))) is a fucking joke, theyre basically implementing the new graphics engine and all the bullshit like the wow token and trash into the game, so its pretty much best to just play on a private server if you want to go that route.

Vanilla WoW was a lot of fun. I was a huge fan of Wc3 and it was really cool to explore the places/lore from a 3rd person perspective of a single character. The game had a really fun atmosphere and community in the early days. I quit just before the first expansion because I just didn't have time to play anymore.

Now I have less time than ever but I'll probably play the first 20 levels of classic or so just for the nostalgia. I want to see the old Goldshire/Stormwind/Ironforge/The Crossroads etc. Do some of the early game quests while walking through those old areas and listen to the soundtrack while reminiscing about when I was 14 and had all the time in the world to just chill and play WoW with my friends.

Yeah that's what I was afraid of

It sucks now but I will try out the vanilla realm in summer. Would prefer cata/MoP realms.

About 25,000 hours, I've got a screencap of 21k hours from the end of wod, (2xpaks ago)
I've actually stopped playing, as of this month.
I don't know if i'll play classic, it wouldn't be the same even if they released it exactly as it was, you can't wind back the clock.

Attached: Warcraft.jpg (834x461, 149K)

Almost 300 days on my holy pally and about 80 on my holy priest. 380 x 24 = 9120 hours lol.

>will you play it?
Absolutely.. The world is reduced to two continents only, and it becomes alive again. No matchmaking, no instant gratification on pretty much anything, nothing is free. I can't wait for it.

Attached: Crossroads.jpg (800x700, 86K)

Never played WoW, but if WoW Classic turns out as successful as Old School RuneScape then I might pick it up.

It wont be the same player base, instead of 14yo's walking clean out of hyrule field in absolute awe, it'll be a bunch of salty elitist 30yo's. All the toxic people who spam chat with 'wow is dead / trash / etc' will be funneled right into classic, and will putrefy when they realize they aren't aren't as special as they imagined they'd be

over 750 days on main over the last 15 years. World top 100 boss kills, glad titles RBG hero ranks and countless adventures, friends made ingame, friends lost over the years - with nothing to show for it irl. This "game" is simply a passifying agent for would be decedents . Currently taking a break till HOA patch/fix is implemented.

Classic will bomb HARD - it is nothing but a novelty that will wear out fast and that will be the end of WoW. I predict after classic fails and the next expansion comes out WoW will go f2p.

GJ blizzard - you were the kings of mmos and you threw it all away.

Lol fake and gay

Slow down turbo

Only played WoW for a year or two before I got bored but it was fun, I only got to level 40-50 and then just focused on killing people. I wasted about 10 years playing Tibia though.

Played vanilla through wrath, often times marathoning for an entire weekend or 6+ hours night. Lost a lot of my late 20s early 30s. Will definitely play vanilla again, though, if for nothing else than the nostalgia of rogueing in BGs

>I'll want to get back to my level and it requires at least 4 raids a week.
I feel this so hard

>implying this doesnt already exist on private servers

I have played at best an hour of that game as i could never get into it.

Who cares what it looks like if it plays the same

Give me the original Warcraft. That game was the shiat

classic is a scam, don't bother.

From what we can tell classic wow will function exactly as it was in 2006. No graphics changes or wow tokens. All this doom and gloom comes from the demo, that blizzard specifically said wasn’t meant to be taken as anything but a nostalgia trip.
I’m currently playing on Kronos 3 in prep for classics launch and have over 1200 hours logged on my Feral Druid from classic through Cata on retail.
I’m hoping to be one of the first feral to hit rank 10, but we’ll see come launch.

Been playing WoW with my father for the past 14 years since December 2005. It has been an one of the most important parts of my life, and I've grown up with it from the beginning. I'm in college now, and I can't wait to get back to the world I first stepped foot into all those years ago. Currently playing on Kronos 3 to practice for the real deal.

I spent way to much time on my ass playing from second closed beta to end of wrath... at one point I was holding rank 12 in pvp while farming shit for aq40 Cthun runs. Holy fuck I wasted my life.

Spent more time playing wc3, fuck I loved that game

>fucking joke
>bullshit
>trash

You can toggle between old and new graphics settings in game menu. You're furious for nothing.

>6+ hours night
18 hours a day for weeks.

Never cleared Heroic DS. My guild (including me probably) were scrubs.

I might get back into wow but never to that level again.

Legacy of Azeroth I hope you all burn in hell.

Dont let the raid reset for 3 week and be surprised when other guilds blow by us. Maybe its because we are all under geared? Running the same fights with the same people in the same gear for no joke 18 hours a day for 3 weeks while everyone else is getting new gear. You cannot make that shit up.

They were afraid we wouldnt be able to get back to that far in the raid.......3 weeks guys. 18 hours 3 weeks.

Does any of you know a raid that takes that long to go through?

Basically I got kicked for recommending we let the raid reset so the off tank (my stupid ass) could gear up and solo tank (my dps os was nonexistent compared to the bear)

They said "run your own raid" so I agreed and they scheduled me for a guild/server down time and bitched at me because I didnt wanna try pugging 20 people for heroics.....

Dropped me to the probationary rank so I ninjaed their GB with my secret alt and Gquit.

Made off with 25k in items. Ironically them slotting me for the guild down time is what allowed me to ninja. I feel like scum every now and then but then I remember those days grinding our faces on Firelands/DS and it passes. I was like 14 during all this. I feel like I spent the majority of puberty in fuckin Firelands getting killed by the gate keeper or Madness of DW.

tl;dr hardcore raiding is a hell of a drug

this sounds plausible

about 7 years give or take
no
I'm trying my best to do productive things
even when I have free time

That's harsh dude. I remember myself being in this damp when raided icecrown. Literally no life for good few months. I can see something similar happening with PVP in vanilla. My record playing AV with no sleep what's so ever was 60 hours straight, possibly same AV, or no more than couple.

These super addictive games are no good for you. Get out the house and go party, you won't remember when you looted the Enchanted Dagger of Faggotry when you're 70 years old but you'll definitely remember the first time you came up on an E at a gig/rave

For the record everyone besides me was down to keep failing instead of letting the raid reset. We had 2 good dps and the rest were....ok...

I think if recount wasnt a thing we woulda cleared. "We're doing 60k each we should be able to down this" but we arent guys....but we fucking arent......

When I joined we were like 2-3rd on the server for progression before the didnt let it reset. Then we dropped like a rock in those 3 weeks.

Half the reason I feel like we got stuck was that we put all our bets on the best two dps to carry the rest of us instead of trying to gear the rest of the dps/OT.

I was so undergeared/behind the curve by the the time I left the guild (I didnt even have my 4 slot) that I basically went back to normal raiding for the rest of the xpac. At least I was main tanking and helping that guild progress through normal/early heroic versus grinding through spine and eventually being stuck on madness.

No game will ever be on the same level of addiction as wow had back then.
It was a very early form of social media, that's why it was so popular and addictive.

>you'll definitely remember the first time you came up on an E at a gig/rave

>You should do drugs they are fun

Neck yourself. Not everyone has degeneracy as a hobby.

>go party
>someone is playing music
You lost me there.

Would like to try
Never played
Was a poorfag and I got to play Runescape (which I still do)

>degeneracy

Sitting in your own cheesy filth running around as a virtual elf for 12 hours a day and pissing in empty mountain dew bottles is really respectable

Fuck off you wanker, just because people have put a lot of time into a game doesn’t mean they haven’t partied or lived their life, you think you’re apart of some super secret cool club because you’ve been to a few party’s! I partied my ass off and still played wow with my online friends most nights, you can do both you faggot!

kek owned

But frying holes in your brain via xtc is? Kek

Are they really? I was hoping they'd update the graphics but it seems like the community is against it

I'm just saying don't waste the best years of your life playing online games 24/7 because life goes fucking quick and you don't realise it until you're nearly 30. I spent too much time playing mmorpgs through my teens and early 20s and I look back now and whilst I made some great e-buddies it all seems like such a waste of time.

>Playing WoW.
>Ever.
Fucking boomers.

i am 100% going to play classic

i have a dutch only guild set up already :) hmu if you want to join

This is not true

"frying holes in your brain" lol kid. I took some drugs in my 20s and now I earn £40k as a manager of a plant hire company. I don't think things have gone too badly for me.

Is this true???

Attached: 1546145254060.jpg (637x720, 66K)

I miss the old vanilla world pvp and the world events, I had the most fun during vanilla. But I have been playing off and on over the years.

Sure you do. And I’m a sous chef at Wendy’s making $90k per week.

I would guess around 1 year in total from age 12-16

It was a different time
Back at the good old BC times

I even played with slightly higher blizzrates on a private server around 15/16 on a wotlk server.

I was sometimes the only active player on that server
kek
Grand autismo

40K isnt a lot but hey $ is $

40k is a decent wage in the uk, seeming as the average is 17k a year so good on you fam!!

you make less money than a post-doc in chemistry in the US