Reminder that we live in a society where when we send a human being to another planet...

Reminder that we live in a society where when we send a human being to another planet, people will care what gender they are.

Attached: katie-bouman.jpg (840x564, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thisgreyspirit/status/1116519313488470017
edition.cnn.com/2019/04/12/us/andrew-chael-katie-bouman-black-hole-image-trnd/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=OxLiz5Kjwh4
arxiv.org/abs/1512.01413
scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=7lhbMtgAAAAJ&view_op=list_works
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_author
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty ironic

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-164856_Gallery.jpg (1440x640, 373K)

Yeah no way the guy wrote 850,000 lines of code. The current software only has 68,000 lines of code. Something here doesn't add up.

how are 850k lines impressive?
quantity != quality
pic related

Attached: retard_code.png (890x670, 88K)

Attached: women0172.jpg (1259x1080, 610K)

Rest assured that those who will want to actually go and those who will make it possible will not give a flying fuck about those whiny cunts who think everything is an issue about gender

i dont care who takes credit for someone else's work, it just happens to be a female, and that makes them look bad
being female isnt the root problem here, its not sexist at all for pointing this out
how honked are you for not understanding this, its dirt simple

This nigger again

facts dont care about your feelings user

That's bullshit. He said so himself. Check his twitter.

>be OP
>only have existed for 12 years
>thinks things have always been this way and will always be this way
Don't worry, America will soon fall to China. Gender and trans talk will be the least of your worries then.

Most powerful person in history is a woman

That’s fair enough. We need to show young girls that women can do great things just like men can.

And race, religion, country of origin, etc.

Hitler was a man u fuckin retard

>88
>heil hitler
Dubs checked

ypung girls dont even care they want to become all sort of things, its you fucks that say that and make them actually think this shit you dumb cunt

Hitler was a bitch actually

So who is she?

Queen Victoria

Attached: prueft_sie.jpg (182x182, 7K)

Powerful, yes. The most? Of course not

Attached: 1543683549296.jpg (533x388, 30K)

She ruled the largest and most powerful empire in history so yes, the most powerful person in history.

install gentoo

How do we even know their gender? Did someone ask what their pronouns were?

>implying Xi Jiping doesn't rule the biggest empire known to man
maybe not official but de facto china has more power than all nations combined

Nah, china is a lying bitch tbh

>88

Attached: feels good wehrmacht.png (800x585, 184K)

yes they are but the own lots of strategic assets like important harbors. if they don't like what a nation is doing they block the harbors for their ships and cause an economic collapse by not delivering any goods anymore.

Attached: happy_merchant_ping_pong.jpg (600x600, 107K)

>850,000 lines of code

The guy says something different.

twitter.com/thisgreyspirit/status/1116519313488470017

edition.cnn.com/2019/04/12/us/andrew-chael-katie-bouman-black-hole-image-trnd/index.html

Attached: black hole bullshit.jpg (608x871, 96K)

China used to be Britain's bitch, QV could have conquered the whole country if she wanted but she was too busy turning them all into junkies.

China can't even rule itself, let alone the world

>China used to be Britain's bitch
yep exactly. they used to

because he got cucked and you know full well that he would end like this guy if he ever questioned the media's narrative of a brave womyn scientist creating a black hole photo.

Attached: Shirtstorm-Sanford-Heisler-Kimpel.jpg (535x543, 33K)

>because he got cucked and you know full well that he would end like this guy if he ever questioned the media's narrative of a brave womyn scientist creating a black hole photo.

If reality doesn't fit your narrative just make some bullshit up. It's an alt-right neckbeard thing I guess.

Attached: cool story bro 4.jpg (500x333, 41K)

Oh so they didn't destroy that NASA guy for wearing a shirt? Cool story bro

Except the United States? Who has a giant ring of bases and ships around Russian Federation could take on the PRC probably
>not even a burger
>responding to this weak ass b8

China is threatened by India, Russia, and South Korea/Japan. Quit role-playing faggot

ya its really sad the left is making such a big deal out of it, like they are literally lying about that girl being the project lead when she did basically nothing just to have a headline of a girl achieving something

real sad honestly

Reality can be anything i want

you underestimate the fanatism of the chinese troops. If you think the nazis in wwII were fanatical you've never met a chinese nationalist. fun fact: 99% of chinese are fanatical nationalists

>India
>Russia
>Korea
>Japan
>threats
kek

>courage and numbers will stop napalm
Kek. I guess if you send enough factory workers against a tank, the tank will run out of ammo

Oh user it's cute that you made a list with no rebuttal

>Oh so they didn't destroy that NASA guy for wearing a shirt? Cool story bro

Changing subject, since you got caught, he? Your claim was that the black hole kid was forced to post what he said on twitter and you pulled that shit straight form your ass.

Attached: Bikerfox5.jpg (338x450, 85K)

all of those countries listed pose a threat to any other modern nation
you do understand we're using missiles and bombs, right? this isn't the musket era

Japan doesn't have an army but India and Russia have nukes

>Russia and India aren't powerful nations
thought you were trolling but now I think you're just retarded

Chinese people hate their government. Everyone does.

>underage/10

>Changing subject, since you got caught, he?
I didn't get caught. The media's portrayal of that woman is ridiculously false. And I just gave you an example of what would happen to the guy if he addressed the truth.

Attached: bouman.png (1528x3874, 1.8M)

>ITT: the one Chinese patriot on Yea Forums shitposting
Are they paying you in bread comrade?

I thought the US army was Japan's army?

it's not about guns and bombs anymore. do you really think any of these nations can afford a chinese embargo while 90% of goods come from chines factories?
nice trips, not even shilling for the chinks. I'm concerned they overrun us one day.

So it's true the right guy only got attention because LGBTQ then?

No bread, just they might throw him in the 're education' camp if he doesn't behave.

America is already in a trade war with China and kicking their asses. Only china loses if there is an embargo.

>bong empire
>most powerful
fuck off mohamed

Attached: conquistadores.jpg (1200x1200, 224K)

He's from fucking ESA, not NASA you dumbass, and he wasn't destroyed at all. He got shit from idiots on the Internet and nothing more.

>if he addressed the truth.

He addressed the truth, you windowlicker. It just doesn't fit your insecure manlet narrative.

Attached: 1539950265615.jpg (1080x1181, 108K)

Fucking retard

Attached: 7B7A6E9C-39EF-4FBF-A449-38CF4CF1CA7F.png (1017x1024, 1.04M)

what the media calls a "trade war" is more like a minor conflict. imagine what happens to the US if the chinks are actually making an embargo happen. Prices for goods will skyrocket, for example the tech market will collapse because you can't buy cheap electronics anymore which will cause the car market to collapse and so on. The only chance i see to beat china is an embargo against them right now which will cause a massive economical crisis for the west but we have to do it before it's too late.

Um Trump has raised tarrifs against china and is threatening to raise them even higher, nullifying all profit china makes from america.

while the rest of the world happily buys chinese goods. the US economy may be strong but to stop china we have to do more

I just showed you a picture that clearly shows you her contributions and his contributions to the whole thing. You're the one who defends the made-up media narrative of "this strong and independent womyn made black hole picture. wow so brave"

>and I don't care how many I personally wrote
Beta white soy tonight, he thinks this will help him and that chick

Is that human being qualified to be sent to another planet or do they get privilege for being a certain gender? And how many qualified men do we have to send just to "chaperone" this unqualified privileged gender person just so they don't fuck things up?

how's that soyed? cs isn't about personal achievement, it's about a successful project. only insecure faggots brag about how many lines they wrote

number of lines isn't a measurement for quality code

>cs isn't about personal achievement, it's about a successful project.
Tell that to the media and the soy faggots who turned the story into "THIS WOMAN MADE THE BLACK HOLE PICTURE"

I think we can assume they will be qualified you cynical shitstain

>number of lines isn't a measurement for quality code

Attached: Unbenannt.jpg (391x93, 10K)

how insecure do you have to be to be bothered by this

that's just the same bullshit. no big surprise they want to push the feminazi agenda. nothing new.

Only you fruitcakes care what gender they are.

>I'm out of arguments, so now I start with "teehee you're insecure"

How can you assume that though. With the way things are going it seems we have this tendency to give credit and build up certain individuals only because they are of a certain gender. If they could be exactly equal as they claim then they should be able to compete at the same level not with a handicap. We see this narrative play out in every tv we watch too, such as all those politically correct sci fi shows like star trek that they brain wash soy boys with.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the sexually inept users of Yea Forums are intimidated and upset by successful and intelligent women.

while i agree stuff like this has to be done by someone it's nothing to brag about

okay, what is your problem with the story other than they're all 'soy faggots'

you're really not as intellgent as you think my man

Holy crap I'd did that kind of coding my freshman year of college. wtf and I'm not even CS.

i'm pretty sure she contributed more than just this. If she only did UI bullshit i'm pretty disappointed

If the shoe fits.

Notice how the dude says he doesnt care how much code he wrote but doesn't give any details of how much work she did. It's because he knows she did fuck all.

>more powerful than nuclear powers
Average modern nations would wipe out her empire

What the fuck are you talking about. Modern empires don't rule 1/3 of the globe.

there was a huge increase in chaels performance in the few months after bouman was added to the project.

>her main contribution was swallowing

be prepared to be disappointed then.

I can assume that they will send someone into space that is actually qualified to be an astronaught as it would be dangerous and a waste of money otherwise. I have more faith in nasa than that

>And I just gave you an example of what would happen to the guy if he addressed the truth.
Bro you're supposed to wear the tin foil as a hat not eat it.

Oh user you're a complete retard. Factories would just be built in other developing nations

Her intelligence makes me hot and raises her to 11/10. I want to eat her holes while she investigated black holes

proof? not saying you aren't right but i'd like to see a list of contributions

>global opportunits will sit around with a thumb up their ass instead of beginning their own factories with cheap labor
Do you not understand economics?

Reminder that we live in a society where when we want to have sex with another human being, people will care what gender they are.

Attached: 1447676701543.png (600x600, 297K)

>land = power
Kek. All hail Africa

the majority of the late development of a program is aesthetics and performance. well before halfway point is functionality is mapped, cemented, and mostly working.

u can see from the GitHub that bouman was brought on late, meaning she did very little for the core functionality of the program

He gay. Read the tweets faggot

oof. malaria and savages in jungles don't equal power

which will take 10+ years at least. There's a reason the chinks are sending their people to our universities. They simply lack the know-how to do stuff. It took them pretty long to build up the knowledge required to be an industrial nation. Same applies to other nations.

>that is actually qualified to be an astronaught

Like I said they wouldn't send this unqualified gender person alone, they will send several qualified men to compensate.

>I have more faith in nasa

I doubt it will be nasa, probably someone like spacex who is more liberal minded politically speaking when it comes to equality.

The trading companies were the real rulers.

Just go through all the code, prepare yourself for the amount of underwhelming work.

You are a retard.

my mother is an astrophysicist, a priest, builds her own furniture, raised 4 children when her husband cheated on her and left her, owns several houses, nd is now a self made millionaire.

not all women are insufferable cunts. lots of them are. just like lots of men are useless shitbags. but just cause the majority of the human race is comparable to pondscum doesn't mean they all are. grow up.

Attached: 1550843530935.png (852x398, 103K)

>not all women are insufferable cunts. lots of them are
true

Yea it's called butthurt men making shit up.

>I just showed you a picture that clearly shows you her contributions and his contributions to the whole thing.

No it doesn't, cockmongler. Only a syphilitic brain believes that some infograph sums up the work done in a research project. But where would you get an STD?

Attached: 1533314746239.jpg (960x655, 96K)

I totally believe you that your mom is all those things. kek

And feelings bring forth facts.
People only state facts whem they feel threatened. At the end of the day a task or problem is solved or completed. Why do you care so much who was in the limelight of social media frenzy?

and she raised a NEET virgin that lies on Yea Forums threads. That's what i call an achievement

Baha. Queen Victoria flooded China with heroin and opium and fucked them up real good.

that was long ago, britbong. You're empire is gone for a while now

Controlling an empire in her day was far more impressive tho.

doesn't matter today tho

While he didn't write that many code lines, he still wrote the majority of it.

Reminder that we live in a society full of halfwits who unironically think the best way to show how little they care about race and gender and the rest of what they consider to be idpol bs is to complain about it literally all the time while simultaneously accuse the other side of obsessing about trivial shit.

Correction: society doesn't give a shit. We give a shit when their gender is over emphasized to prove some point

yes yes, they only write about minorities and women for the sake of humanity

>white man bad
>orange man bad
>don't forget your soylent discount by using offer code CUCK

>I'm so insecure I can't handle someone posting a picture of a girl doing something cooler than me.

According to New York Times her algorithm was not used in the end

Now, I am not trying to put girls down, I hear einsteins wife did his math for him

Attached: 1291180332288.jpg (1200x1200, 175K)

But she did other things right? She's an MIT student they are smart or something. She helped manage something and did a TED talk on it, she's important, trust me.

Attached: 1555123772247.jpg (498x400, 61K)

1 million lines of code for a project like that sounds like total bullshit.

The linux kernel has 15+ million lines and it's a 20+ year collaboration of tens of thousands of engineers.

There is no way for even the most complex algorithm for data analysis to use beyond just a few tens of thousands of lines.

The size and complexity of a code base are completely independent factors.

And they will lie about too.

There is no alt-right. It is a phantom made up by globalists to scare gullible morons.

Shut the fuck up. As if you are some kind of authority on it.

>But she did other things right? She's an MIT student they are smart or something. She helped manage something and did a TED talk on it, she's important, trust me.
When will the Orange Hitler literally round up the CNN for death camps? Literally cannot come too soon

Attached: almost_enjoying_my_anger.jpg (245x204, 15K)

ITT:
btards who literally know nothing about scientific research or software engineering trying to prove the dumbest possible criticism by piecing random noise together and reading their predetermined conclusion into it.

New York Times saying her piece wasn't used

Media is fucking corrupt and evil

Michelle Obama?

Chinese are slanted, like their eyes.

Attached: 1549337762745.jpg (334x500, 22K)

Why do right wing idiots keep pushing a false narrative little by little until boom, one day it's a 'fact'. This is why we cant have nice things, conservafags push and push until they get their way and then realize holy fuck this is bad because actual bad people are taking it to far, that's the alt right. The idiot who shot up a mosque is a prime example.

>idiot who shot up a mosque
>described self as far lefty in manifesto

Attached: 1539268078938.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Do you hear yourself? This is one of those rules where you accuse the opposition if doing the things you are sctually doing right?

>implying reactionaries do research

Its people like this that believed Jussie from the first day.

doesn't mean shit. programming is thinking, not typing.

K faggots, thanks for making me waste 10 minutes to find what none of you are smart enough to look for.

Here's the paper of the algorithm she invented, and she is first author, meaning she is the one responsible for the breakthrough.

arxiv.org/abs/1512.01413

Designing algorithms for AI and signal processing is literally her entire career.

She has published over 30 papers on the topic, which is a pretty good track record for her age.

scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=7lhbMtgAAAAJ&view_op=list_works

Now go back to playing with your own poo and leave the smart stuff like factchecking 101 to the adults.

Why do right wing idiots keep pushing a false narrative little by little until boom, one day it's a 'fact'.

Isnt that how transgender/gender fluid crap worked? Yall just said "men are women REEEE" until everyone was forced to agree or get fired/hate speech charges/become unemployable etc

New York Times literally saying her work was not used in creation of the image

Main stream media literal fucking straight up lies

>5 people listed on that paper
>she is the only woman
yep, that's how credit works, you definitely always make sure to put the person who "contributed the most" first

I sure hope you realize I'm being ironic...

>women can do great things just like men can

This needs to be shown further? How long are yall gonna beat this dead horse instead of just empowering women.

Men are not a very high bar to judge yourself by. A lot of us are shit at a lot of stuff.

Saying "someday women will be as good as men" is based on the presupposition that women are inferior to men.

Basically the idea behind the statement is sexist.

>Most powerful person in history is a woman
by what metric?

I'd say by megaton yield that USA/USSR (pre denuking) were the most powerful.

Does he realize that he won’t fuck her and she will just go for the first chad she sees in a bar?

Guy you forget we've done this shit before.

You run at us in big ass waves and we shoot you the fuck dead with machine guns.

Your "fanatism" just gets you dead.

Hes gay

Divide the number by 2, if there's a remainder inder its an odd number, if there isn't, it's even.

>you underestimate the fanatism of the chinese troops
and you underestimate the rate of fire of modern infantry support weapons.

>by what metric?
Their capability to destroy civilization.
Assembly Women.

Russia and China are actually really good friends. They have a Treaty of Good-Neighborliness and Friendly Cooperation Between the People's Republic of China and the Russian Federation
Just saying....

No wonder he tweeted that then.

Thanks for embarrassing yourself and proving you are a complete illiterate on science and scientific publishing.

This saves me the effort of having to do it myself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_author

I wonder how it must feel to be that wrong that often and about that many things without stopping at some point to think and reconsider my beliefs.

Who cares? The media is fucking wrong, first everyone reported it wouldn't have happened without her then New York Times reports her piece wasn't even used in the end

The people in the project are irrelevant, the one and only problem is with the abject unmitigated failure of the mainstream media

Attached: americans_kermit.jpg (387x398, 20K)

Attached: 1555088771763.png (1001x1000, 428K)

Just so you know for scientific papers, the first author is the person who contributed the most to the research and wrote most of the paper. The first and last authors are the most important people on the paper...sometimes the second author

if you did even a little research you'd realize that the guy disagrees with that position.

He also thinks the lady was integral to the success of the software. Really he says it was a team effort and to leave the sex politics at the door. Its a science achievement.

Literally said he doesnt care how much he coded...

NASA made sure that a female and a faggot were the main contributors to this project. Yes, I see their propaganda from a mile away.

>people will care what gender they are

Am I the only person who could not possibly give less fucks about another humans genitals?

Inless they are mine or my gfs they arent relevant to my life.

the guy on the right is a faggot

It couldnt be that a woman and a gay man achieved something on their own merits?

Impossible. That conflicts with my worldview!

No, they are purposefully pushing a narrative.

>While he didn't write that many code lines, he still wrote the majority of it.

The difference between those numbers is a factor of 10....

Saying "well he still wrote a lot" is just hilarious.

just going to put this here. Everybody should keep a copy of this for when anyone wants to claim that this black hole pic was done by one girl.

Attached: D34EHUjXsAE6gMD.jpg (1200x901, 401K)

>you definitely always make sure to put the person who "contributed the most" first

I mean it is ironic because its actually true.

So what you're saying is one girl and a faggot did all this.

you're an idiot. NASA never said anything. CNN and other liberal media outlets are the ones that fabricated this bullshit.

See this
CHECKED!

That same New York Times article also warned against a "Lone wolf" narrative and includes a quote from Katie "'I’m so glad that everyone is as excited as we are and people are finding our story inspirational,' she wrote. 'However, the spotlight should be on the team and no individual person. Focusing on one person like this helps no one, including me.'"

...did you only read the parts you wanted to?

Its seems like theres no question from her end that it was a team effort "'No one algorithm or person made this image. It required the amazing talent of a team of scientists from around the globe.'" -Katie Bouman same article.

You must cut off your penis and let niggers fuck you in the ass.

You should watch a beautiful mind.

You're seeing shit where there isnt any.

What are the odds that the #1 would be female and #2 would be a faggot?

True

Attached: 1310145275255.jpg (374x578, 167K)

zero. which is why it wasn't the case.

>Reminder that we live in a society where when we send a human being to another planet, people will care what gender they are.

you forgot what political party they belong to also

maybe, but the narrative is being pushed nonetheless

Can you post a readable pic?

She's an Affirmative Action hire.

She crashed it.

Attached: jewnar lander crash.jpg (749x750, 98K)

only by a few outlets. Other outlets are being pretty good at leveling out the lie and making it clear that its not the case.

Welcome to Yea Forums newfag.

Thanks. Wasn't in here arguing. Just looking for facts.

He had word wrap on in notepad

What a faggot.

The leads never do the grunt work, it's true for literally every job you will ever have.

Us war analysts for the first time in modern history determined the US could lose a large scale war. And it was with China. Especially if Russia is involved.

Which is why this would turn into a world war. China has allies ya minx. Including Russia.

Have you ever used git or github? you add and remove code

Stay in israel

Most. Like nearly all was data dumps.

WTF did I just read?

return number & 1 ? 'odd' : 'even';

Nah you lost dumbfuck

Fuck off

They'll use this as an example of a diverse society.

Who dis

Yes comrade yes.

Attached: 9E92F758-1D9B-4F6C-AC56-F0AB94B5A87E.png (480x491, 156K)

>refuses to address point made in post
>HURR YOU CHANGE SUBJECT
We’re your parents related?

>if you did even a little research you'd realize that the guy disagrees with that position.

Regardless of what the truth is, he is going to go along with it.

Maybe it’s true, or maybe he doesn’t want to have spent close to six figures for an education only to ask “would you like fries with that?”

It’s like asking random famous people in an interview “so, have you ever used the word nigger?” Who the fuck is going to yes when they have?

>my mother is an astrophysicist, a priest, builds her own furniture, raised 4 children when her husband cheated on her and left her, owns several houses, nd is now a self made millionaire.
My dad works at Nintendo.

^This.

I'm suspicious why an algorithm would need to be more than a few thousand lines long.