Is Tarantino just overrated and spoiled? Or Hidden genius

Is Tarantino just overrated and spoiled? Or Hidden genius

Attached: shutterstock_8864028fg.jpg (780x624, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qD1YChetgY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Genius. He's right up there with the all-time best.

Fuck you. He's overrated as hell.

Why is this dude so god

Attached: Untitled1.png (846x1187, 777K)

taint nuthin hidden bout it, genius.

He's a multidimensional space alien inhabiting an unclaimed body. Tarantino is a pedophile also, and his grand father is the jew

Cry harder and power sulk to binging all the Transformers movies.

>grew up and inspired by b-movies of the 60s/70s/80s
>made cult classics in the 90s and early 00s

I think he's a genius, but I think he's blocked by a generational gap which makes him irrelevant now.

what I mean is if you're over 30 you can appreciate his work. But if you're younger than, say 27, you're too young to get into it.

Hes good, just cause every movie he makes doesnt become an instant classic doesnt mean he sucks. Cant hit a home run everytime at bat

his films are great and very well made but people do over hype his films. kind of in the same vein as Nolan honestly

i fucked him and it was honestly mediocre

He’s an entry level “film” maker. He’s what you watch when you first get really into movies. By the time you actually become a film buff, you realize his movies are sort of immature and lack substance, but are still enjoyable.

thats why film school students love his shit, along with Fincher Tarantino is an easy film maker to get into.

they’re a good time. pulp fiction is severely overrated, but hateful eight is underrated. both are good times. if you want something worth analyzing though watch some of lynch’s bullshit lmao

He knows how to write "nigger" into his script and not get cancelled.
Amazing.

Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs are stone cold classics.

Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol 1 and Inglourious Basterds are slightly more heady popcorn flicks.

Death Proof, Kill Bill Vol 2, Django Unchained and The Hateful Eight are badly written overindulgent garbage.

It's interesting how his work has gotten less mature the older he's gotten. First three films are clearly his best. Of those three, Jackie Brown is the most mature thing he'll ever do....interesting that it's an adaptation. Kill Bill isn't bad, but it's transitional - all of the worst impulses of his later work - the dialogue that's become a parody of itself, the emphasis on cruelty for it's own sake, the weaker plots and reliance on simple revenge stories, etc - it all starts here. Since then, he's basically just been playing to the dude bro fanboy set. I guess it works tho, so more power to him. But really, anybody who can watch a complete mess of a film like Inglorious Bastards, realize he spent like 8 years or whatever writing, and still think its in the same league as Dogs, Pulp or Jackie is beyond help

I actually would have been more interested in his work had he kept on the cinematic path he seemed to be setting out on with Kill Bill...going more visceral and steering away from dialogue heavy writing. But the guy thinks he's a novelist even though his dialogue is fucking awful and been getting worse with every movie.

He's far from hidden. He's just a huge movie hipster who actually has the skills to pull off his "dream" movies.

he's great, his talent is in putting things that work together very well, even though average people wouldn't see it fit.
that said it's a lot of overused tricks and stolen styles.

so he's not a hidden genius at all, and over rated by normies, but not at all a lack of talent.

jackie brown was fucking great, the fact that people forget about it and just say pulp fiction an kill bill is annoying. reservoir dogs and jackie brown are fucking great.

Thats julian assange he just shaved

He is passionate about his profession and if you look close to his movies, he barely makes mistakes. In my opinion he is the best regisseur hollywood has to offer just because after his amount of movies and genre twists, he always amazes me with stunning storytelling!

I love his movies!!

hes obsessed with darkies

He set some codes in the 90s that are film standards now, that's why he shines less and less over time. He deserves all the credit.

He should have evolved but unfortunately he didn't.

A+

Eh, I'm 24 and I've watched them growing up. I have weird family and friends tho

All of a suddaaaaaaa-

Attached: bbrrraaaappppp.jpg (911x728, 31K)

because they're the epitome of cool when he was growing up

My 19 year old asian canadian gf would beg to differ.

>inb4 Yea Forumstards don't have gfs virgin

You mean is a guy who stole a bunch of ideas from old spaghetti westerns amd blaxploitation films like camera shooting techniques, time inversions and locations....

spoiled faggot
pretentious pseudo-intellectual

All his movies are trash

His movies are an acquired taste. Also, the man started as a video store clerk in the 80s. You don't go from that to movie director by sheer luck.

holy shit, I didn't see this level of insight coming when I clicked on this thread. If I had a lollipop I'd give it to ya.

Rock on Star-Child

Chutzpah. That's all it takes to be a movie director. And Tarantino is one pushy faggot.

>all-time best.
there's only a handful of decent directors who create a handful of decent movies.

QT is decent and has carved out a unique niche. But there are no real genius, hollywood anybody

Most american directors suck but he is quite good and pretty original, not formulaic like other ones

His work has involved actors who've collaborated with directors of similar stature, and most love working with him.
His primary goal is entertaining the audience and making nods to his own favorite flicks, but he also put every ounce of passion into learning subtext and symbolism.
Take Butches' story from Pulp Fiction. He wasn't just after a watch his father gave him.
youtube.com/watch?v=8qD1YChetgY

He's a one hit wonder. Reservoir Dogs was great, probably because the writing felt more for that of a play than a movie. Everything else has relied on gimmicks and shock value with movies becoming progressively worse and harder to find redeeming moments.

David Lynch? Are you kidding? Talk about overrated trash.

He makes gigantic fucking huge budget tentpole blockbusters so no he's not hidden you retard.

In a sea of unwatchable, derivative trash that insults every sense we have, at least Tarantino movies are better made, better written than most, with logical character motivation and justified extravaganza.

none of the above. He is just ugly.

Attached: 1550925045362.jpg (491x491, 92K)

He has autistic moments.

I mean how great is kill bill, all his other movies sucked.

I could only stand pulp fiction. I cannot watch his films how bad they are.

https:\\discordapp.com\invite\8qeq9Xn

-xsn

Attached: file 15.png (1024x801, 662K)