Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering

Did anyone here play a sport in HS or college? I know this site is for basement dwellers, but I'm just wondering.

>What sport did you play and was it fun?

>Was the training difficult?

>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?

Attached: ss_sports_gambling_college_fball[1].jpg (600x400, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm currently in High school and have played Football, Hockey, and Marching band. Football is okay, Hockey is a lot of fun if you don't let your emotions get the best of you, and Marching band was amazing. Surprisingly Marching band was the hardest training I have ever gone through. I have played in leagues for all kinds of sports (Lacrosse, Golf, Baseball, the others above, ECT.) and Marching Band was the hardest I have ever had to work mentally and physically. I did play Bass 4 so half the struggle was developing the muscles to carry the damn thing. OP what sport are you thinking about trying?

I always feel bad for marching band people when it's hot, those uniforms are no joke they should make a summer weather version of them

Yeah. For Region championships we had to go to Southern Utah. That bitch is hot. Fuck Utah

I am currently a tight end at a JUCO, football is fun when you’re good/decent so yeah I have fun. The conditioning for me is the worst cause I get attached to the line to block out big defensive linemen and then I’m out on the slot playing receiver. A lot of exercise in my opinion. Yes there is definitely rivalry when it comes to inside run or 7 on 7s

tight end is a tough position, you a big guy?
also elaborate on the rivalry? I never imagined that would be a thing in JUCO

I boxed in college.
The training was very hard. I usually was more physically fit than most of the other athletes. You wanna know what exhaustion feels like, try Boxing for 12 rounds. I truly miss it, I'm so fat now.
No rivalry within the school. We did have other schools we hated though. Not as strong as the team sports people though.

damn 12 rounds? I thought amateur boxing was only 3 rounds thats insane. what was your record like during college?

I’m not a true tight end so no I’m not that big. I’m 6’1 , 225 pounds. Rivalry as in competition for the starting spot. Trying to show the coaches who the best in your position is, not just on 7 on 7s but inside run , we have to know all the plays and I get motioned to the wing spot or to the slot if I appear attached on the line. We have to know what to do if we are on play side or not since we have different route responsibilities. I’m probably blabbering too much. Basically rivalry against one another in showing who has their shit together.

yeha i'm almost 40 now and still remember playing soccer and rugby at school and doing rowing while at uni, with the high school sports the training was light usually one day a week for a couple of hours and then the game, with the rowing it was training 3 times a day 6 days a week with a rest day if there was no races, training was at least an hour in the morning half an hour during lunch and up to 5 hours after classes finished.
with papers to complete and a part time job it was hell

I can go on and on lol

In non practice, non intramural fights, I went 3-4. Real fights were usually 3 round affairs, but I did have an iron man fight. Shit sucked. Never again. I wasn't that great but I loved it. You get a real feel for another man after you fight like that. And You can still be proud losing a hard fight. I would love to get back into it.

football and marching band

Only if marching band counts as a sport.

rowing is fucking intense, no wonder you see athletes literally collapsing from exhaustion after a race

any win or losses by ko/tko?

interesting so the rivalries were stronger between teammates than between different teams?

Well I’m speaking from my experience, I’m a true freshman in a decent JUCO competing for the starting position. I didn’t really care about anything else other than maintaining the starting spot. At the end of the day it’s all about trying to get film so we could get good recruiters

Yes. I KOd 2, and was KOd. One of the two I KOd caused me to lose the fight by decision. In that event the rules were written so a KO only netted a point. As a slugger I got hit, a lot.

football, got record number of tackles
track, ran 520 mile
cross country

I enjoyed track the most. If i was going to do it again i would get a GED and drop out of high school and go to a community college and take one or two classes a semester

Attached: EEFD3391-2872-4F08-817A-81941A5185F5.png (400x400, 152K)

>What sport did you play and was it fun?
play water polo in uni, my team is currently #2 in our league
>Was the training difficult?
It's difficult but not impossible, we typically have 3 days of practice and up to 3 games in the weekend.
>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?
there's definitely a lot, some teams are just trash

that's badass man, must be a lot of pressure if lots of people turn up to watch your bouts

Not as much as you'd think. The crowds were usually pretty small. I'd have been happy doing it in a basement fight club style. It was about the fight for me. Testing my mettle against another guy.

I played football in HS and went on to a 2a college.

HS was fucking stupid I was a stoner not a jock me and the faggy QB did not like each other probably becasue I used to abuse him in practice I was the safety. Most of the team really didn't like me. The look on their faces when the coach told them I was going to play at the next level.

College was fucking awesome. The training wasn't really hard. You have to have a natural ability to do that stuff anyways. I was fast and tall. The rivalry wasnt really as big as some people make it out to be although some of the players I went up against talked way too much shit for how bad they were.

I ended up tearing my knee up my junior year and never really played after that.

>track, for the most part it was fun
>it was always either really hard or really easy
>almost none

>>What sport did you play and was it fun?
HS volleyball. Lots of fun. Score 16 points in a row in the regional semifinal, pretty much single-handedly sending my time to the finals, where we won (as the best of some 50 schools).

only played recreationally in college, because playing varsity there would have meant serious play in a national league and I didn’t want to spend that amount of time

>>Was the training difficult?
Nope. Just as much fun as the games.

>>How much rivalry was there between teams/athletes?
None. All this rivalry bullshit is just part of American jock culture, a cultish perversion of an otherwise fun and healthy pursuit. We didn't have any of that, luckily.

Scored* 16 points

every vball player is aesthetic af, no homo

Love watching volleyball.

I played in an ultimate frisbee league that my school had an unofficial team for. It was so much fun. Frisbee in particular required large amounts of training but my team did not invest very much. I trained separately and would skip practice to go run or workout harder. I was actually disappointed in the teams general
Work ethic in terms of the running because a frisbee game is miles of running.On tournament days I would get to sprint and run for 3-4 games at 2 hours apiece, and I always played the whole game each game. It was intensely competitive between players but not so much team wise. The game Really heavily favored athletic people. My skill was being somewhat of a defensive safety like football and using that position to be there for the team when we needed someone to be an absolute dog on the opposing players it was awesome all I had to do was want the frisbee and get the frisbee at all costs
I skateboarded too
Skateboarding is a competition to myself and it’s a whole different kinda messed up thing. Me and my Friends definitely all , consciously or not, kept tabs on how good everyone is so I definitely couldn’t ignore the feeling to be better. Most days I was by myself. though.I actually ended up abondoning basketball frisbee and working out so I could skate every day. The injuries piled up eventually and I had to quit and get my hand fixed back up etc

I just shot a basketball with my hand that is now fixed for the first time in years. Pretty cool. I’ll never get to skate again I can’t risk it. It would be a miracle to even do a push up again. I would say the sports I used to do in highscool are what I think about than anything else. The only
Competition I have now is with pain from breaking my hand in

>The game Really heavily favored athletic people. My skill was being somewhat of a defensive safety like football and using that position to be there for the team when we needed someone to be an absolute dog on the opposing players
you were generally fitter than your teammates, but how did you fare in comparison to opposing players? were they on the same level as you?

>they still havent joined the best Yea Forums discord thr world has ever fucking seen yet

Yikes!

discord.
gg/wmB2n3

H281b

In our league I was extremely dominant. Only time I got beat was our last
Game of the season and I faced off with a dude a good foot or so taller than me. I was exhausted and had been jumping all
Game long. The other team had been watching us before the game and saw how we played. They put him in sparingly until the end of the game and By then my strength was gone and to get my legs to get me high enough to match him was impossible. Anyways that is the one time and man I’ve thought about it a lot

>and man I’ve thought about it a lot
why is that? Had you played him before?

Sure I did, My name is Chad, I got a scholarship to play at a really good college, but dropped out because of bad grades. But that's ok because I took over my dad's hardware store and still get to boss people around and bang hot local grills.