Can anyone explain why this is so important?

Can anyone explain why this is so important?

Attached: F935D11A-85A4-4FF6-9D29-8BAC90A1FC14.jpg (1242x1251, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thisgreyspirit/status/1116518544961830918?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
raw.githubusercontent.com/achael/eht-imaging/master/models/rowan_m87.txt
github.com/sao-eht/eat/graphs/contributors
twitter.com/sparse_k/status/1116785802367918080
youtube.com/watch?v=-Hzvvjh3_8g
youtube.com/watch?v=uK7wB82WE1c
youtu.be/FQLElTVQ_bI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

she found a hole in space dude

Yeah but so what, it’s just a hole. We already knew black holes exist at the center of every galaxy

Attached: 1554995302129.jpg (1024x611, 117K)

If I wrote 800000 lines of code but my coworker receives all the recognition because she's a girl I would just kill myself

Attached: 1537152159265.jpg (645x773, 120K)

Because she did it all by herself.

she's totally worth not pulling out.

It happens at all levels.

>help gf finish his career
>she dumps you

Guy is gay though.

Not defending the girl and not that I care much about this in general but the guy came out and said he didn't know how much code he wrote

Attached: 1.png (1860x901, 103K)

It means that GR has passed another experimental test.

Does anyone else think she kinda looks like Boxxy?

Attached: 3p3u7n.jpg (310x307, 32K)

now we have proof they exist. Science is all about confirmation

>thinks uploading something means you actually wrote the code, the algorithm, or the idea

Imagine being that dude and finding out a bunch of cringy butt boys are up to bat for you for all the wrong reasons. Yikes...

It's a significant moment for science. People are just mad a woman was involved in its success and got credit. If this picture was of a man it wouldn't be popular and people wouldn't give a shit. When you go to the crevices of the internet full of sexually stunted and highly sexist people, you get the reaction everyone here has to it. I personally don't care about the picture or the woman. I'm just psyched we have a pic of that black booty hole

she was on a team of people u fucking idiots, she did not do this on her own. she didn't even do most of the work.

Attached: 1541296609904.png (756x613, 329K)

He's the one who wrote it

This, we know alot of stuff that should exist. But we need proof that they actually exists

Attached: Adobe_20190411_184239.jpg (1100x619, 119K)

Yea, but the font size of the color bar is a major step in visualizing the image. Without it the image would just be a pixel.

Most the "800,000" lines of code was just data he uploaded for the program to use. He said there was about 70,000 lines in the actual software, of which he's not sure how many he wrote.

Andrew Chael
@thisgreyspirit
(Also I did not write "850,000 lines of code" -- many of those "lines" tracked by github are in model files. There are about 68,000 lines in the current software, and I don't care how many of those I personally authored)

So not only are you and your sad lot wrong but the guy spoke out and said you guys are full of shit.

Imagine how frail of an ego you'd have to have that some random girl had a cool idea and lead it to fruition and it leaves you absolutely SEETHING.

yes

Attached: 1548555472651.png (646x702, 473K)

Gynocentric world. Sigh.....

Imagine shilling for pussy this hard

that guy was the programmer for the entire team
you sound like the sorta faggot that couldn't muster 1 line of code

I'd blast an incredibly large load inside her

I think people (don't know if exclusively men) are ridiculing the idea that this woman is the reason/motive/drive/talent behind the achievement. This is clearly (she says so, the gay guy says so), the result of the work of dozens of people over years and years of work - so it becomes grossly apparent that the media has centered around this woman in an effort to genderize the result, like saying "see, if men get out of the way and a woman is in charge, incredible things happen" - but this is clearly not the case here, and is generally not the case anywhere.

So its all kind of silly.

I usually ridicule people who say Steve Jobs invented this/that, or if someone praised Elon for the triple booster landing the other day. Those are not accomplishments of one person. Its HUNDREDS of people.

So yeah - pretty ridiculous.

Attached: CbvCSLvXIAAfOHO.jpg (405x720, 75K)

I'd plow Katie balls deep until I spray her womb with semen.

Attached: 1554988645986m.jpg (1024x576, 79K)

Are you certain it has a womb?
If si, why?

you do realize that on that same note, the gay guy and that girl, both say it was not one person, it was lots of people?

She didn't even conceptualize the task at hand, she helped in composing the algorithm used to gather the data and create the visualization.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Nice b8 btw

Chael himself said that her contributions were crucial, and that the whole 850k thing is bullshit. Go away.

Attached: 1501341918506.jpg (600x464, 31K)

Where's the vid?

Attached: 1545083139530.jpg (278x200, 12K)

>the guy came out and said he didn't know how much code he wrote
Maybe he stopped counting after 100000 lines.

>vid
It's the current year, everyone's on twitter.
twitter.com/thisgreyspirit/status/1116518544961830918?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
The whole thing only has 68000 lines m8

Check his twitter you twat.

He explains it in depth

Group effort, vagina gets all the credit. Prove me wrong.
Pro tip, you cant

Attached: 1551721452532.png (635x474, 186K)

he tried to say that, to keep the team on the same page and help with morale and to be generous to a team member but he was unsuccessful in that effort at least with the general public, too much evidence has been release for an PR tweets to matter.

>we must continue to stand up for the guy who tells us not to do that

Attached: 1538670790312.jpg (236x295, 12K)

Twatter. No thanks, I'm already gay.

This

you are all retarded smh

the only reason he has 850k "lines of code" is because he generated data files like this one and uploaded it to github raw.githubusercontent.com/achael/eht-imaging/master/models/rowan_m87.txt

who cares,science is something only libtards think is important anyway

Because you tosspot - its a portal to an alterbate universe

Attached: First Images of Black Holes!_1.gif (656x368, 1.93M)

He can speak for himself, and has done so. Stop being a patronizing twat.

>There are about 68,000 lines in the current software
Well they certainly weren't written by the person who only contributed 2400 lines of code. Nobody else could have even contributed more than 1/5 of the codebase. The next guy contributed 12k, not even 1/5 of 68k. He's just being modest, probably because he doesn't want to be character assassinated by jew media and angry feminists.

Andrew is obviously trying to get laid

I doubt he's going to have problems with that, being gay and in academia.

>Prove me wrong.
>Pro tip, you cant

Ya cause you pol tard's don't believe in facts just how things make YOU FEEL its all about what FEELS true.

Please Kill Your Self no one will miss you. Your life is empty just like your head.

Err, besides the jap. Why the hell isn't that shit sorted by lines contributed?

Github is crap for this sort of thing. That's why.

>who cares,science is something only libtards think is important anyway

This guy gets it MAGA.

Wish me luck guys I caught cancer from the windmill noise, going to church to pray away the cancer.

Faggots like to impress their girlfriends.
Trading something for zero credit in the project.. If he were trans it would be all him baby!

This

>Faggots like to impress their girlfriends.
He's... literally gay. He doesn't have or want a girlfriend.

In a world of IG thots, Kardashians, and bad influencers we get a pretty feels good story about a woman in STEM who helped picture the first confirmation of the existence of black holes. Hey something little girls and even boys can look up to. The US certainly needs more people in STEM right? I think we should all be a big fan of continuing American excellence. And yet for some salty people who've never accomplished anything of note instead of celebrating a human achievement they are coming up with conspiracy theories and saying women are dumb and the po little white man is being held down. People's egos are really fragile these days.

>I would just kill myself
being this retarded
rape is the answer

Oh look, internet incels are SEETHING over a woman being given praise for something again. It's Captain Marvel all over again

>The whole thing only has 68000 lines m8
So what? She only contributed 2400. Instead of 0.2% she contributed 3.5% (assuming every single line she contributed was meaningful, a large assumption if you're gonna just throw away most of his 850k. While we're at it, why don't we just assume EVERY SINGLE LINE instead of just most that he wrote was bullshit. Oh wait, that's exactly what the media is already doing by giving her all the credit.

>Implying queers don't hang with all the girls.

It's not too late user. You can still kill yourself.

I don't think it's the praise. I think it's the fact that we keep getting this "equal work equal pay" bullshit shoved down our throats. Then when equal work (or less) is done by a female. She gets 99% of the praise.

thats not what a black hole is fuckwit

The 850k lines of code was model data for the program... He didn't sit there and actually type 850k lines of code.

This still doesn't explain why she's getting all the credit for this group project.

Shilling for vagina, make all the peices come together.
You have failed grasshopper

>So what? She only contributed 2400.
Lines of code are a terrible measure of contribution. It's like volume of concrete poured in making a building.
> assuming every single line she contributed was meaningful, a large assumption if you're gonna just throw away most of his 850k.
HE HIMSELF said the 850k is bullshit, mostly modeling data. Can you stop being a patronizing cunt? He's a big boy, he can and does speak for himself.
And what he did say is that her efforts were crucial, as were those of the rest of the team. Because he's not a hateful asshole like most people here, and he doesn't care about what the hype media churns out for clicks that'll be forgotten tomorrow. But he does care when scores of assholes try to tear down a member of the team he's worked on.

He's not on your team, and he doesn't want to be.

>Implying queers don't hang with all the girls.

I mean your clearly in expert in the habits of gay men. So sure that must be why Andrew said it. No it couldn't be how he feels and that he hates right wing mouth breathers like yourself.

Please go back to impaling your self on Trumps Cock.

But really please Kill Your Self.
No one loves you
and your mother wishes she had an abortion.

Please prove that more often than not, females receive all the praise when they don't deserve it. It happens with plenty of men. For example any leader of any tech company. Stop looking for reasons to hate women.

OI! ILL BITE YOUR FACE YOU WEASELDICK FUCKWIT OFC IT BLOODY WELL IS

Attached: tenor.gif (220x171, 349K)

pretty much this. i would have written way more but this summs it up pretty decently. well done

Literally only because she is attractive.
M'lady.

Are you really though? Try to think at a point outside of the internet were this has affected you personally? Because what's more likely the case and not just for you but for all the SEETHING people here is that you go and hunt down this shit and dwell on it and obsess.
I'm not a shut in either. I live in one of the most liberal cities in America and I've never been harrassed by feminists, seen gays fucking in the street, or any other hyperbolic shit the doomers and gloomers around here let live in their mind rent free.

You still have NOT explained why a group that did equal work did not get equal credit.
You have failed, no pussy for you!

>Stop looking for reasons to hate women.

Strawman

We dont hate women. We hate the media pushing bullshit narratives.

Attached: fake news..jpg (900x507, 134K)

cuz muh feminism

>no pussy for you!
Pshhh i got some before work today.

Equal work = equal credit ~ unless p짧y

JFK refused to let women walk on the moon for fear they would get pussy blood all over the place and in this way they defy his wishes

Why do you hate America? Why are you a crab in a bucket?

Scientist pussy?
I didn't think so!

Witch Pepe is cool, he does spells and shit.

>Scientist pussy?

Prob the worst kind. The smarter the person the less attractive.

Lets not get off topic I want pol to keep shilling for a Gay man who hates them. Pretty fucking good stuff

It's a cool experiment / result that reddit will love, also she has a very cute reaction that anyone can identify with, so its a nice story all around.

I'm literally talking about the thing happening right now. It doesn't have to happen often. The feminist agenda touts off about being equal, but when they're given the opportunity it's bullshit.

I once lost a job because of a fat blue haired feminist. I had to resign because she claimed sexual harassment and threatened to sue my employer. It was garbage, but you pretty much have to cave when a lunatic gets involved.

Hey, I only hate inequality user.
This formula is wrong

/thread

Please explain this for me

dudes i guess she was still first to see it. The point was her reaction?

yh

Attached: miyVprx.jpg (1528x3874, 716K)

>Ya cause you pol tard's don't believe in facts just how things make YOU FEEL its all about what FEELS true.

she did NOT write an algo at all. she did NOT write an image tool at all.

What she did code is at max about 4 pages of code - but more importantly - is neither an algo, nor a imaging program but is an ADAPTOR for a source of data, which reformats the data to feed it into the mother program - of which she contributed that adaptor, which makes up ca 0.01% of said mother program at max AND is marked as "optional" part of the program

sources : github.com/sao-eht/eat/graphs/contributors

>Lines of code are a terrible measure of contribution. It's like volume of concrete poured in making a building.
It's not entirely accurate sure. But 2400 lines? I'm not saying she didn't contribute. But it's clear she was only a small part of this. If you made the MOST FAVORABLE assumptions, she's still only responsible for 3.5% of the codebase. And you have to basically assume Chael is fucking Koding With Karly tier.
>Can you stop being a patronizing cunt?
No, I cannot, because you are full of shit. Regardless of whether most of his 850k was just data entry, SHE DID NOT CONTRIBUTE MORE THAN 3.5% OF THE CODE. How do you fucking justify that she's the only one getting any attention? The only reason I even heard Chael's name is because people think he's getting short-changed. "Oh but he's not because all 850k was just data entry even though it's his repo." Get the fuck out of here. You deserve to have people patronize you because you don't respect anyone. If you did, you wouldn't try to pull that shit on people.

Kazu Akiyama, who also worked on the project, also spoke up to call her contributions "enormous" and her work "foundational".
twitter.com/sparse_k/status/1116785802367918080

How come every twat here knows better than the people who were actually involved?

Facts
It was a team
One cunt got all the credit.

Which one do I have wrong?

Attached: C03E8D30-0CEE-4122-A06E-DEE9DB353B77.png (605x702, 273K)

>How come every twat
Why not credit the group?

Attached: 1553734692644.jpg (640x636, 116K)

Everyone on the team does credit the group. But for some reasons people here see a need to drag her contributions down, like you calling her "a small part of this".

If you want to be credible, stop attacking her. Start pointing at media examples, and start attacking the media.

I'm waiting smart ass

You can only be inspired by people of your own gender also we need people to inspire us all of a sudden.

>for some reasons people here see a need to focus her contributions, and
Minimize everyone else's.

We just wanna know why?
We suspect its because "men"
Prove us wrong. PT you can't!

youtube.com/watch?v=-Hzvvjh3_8g

Not an answer

>the first confirmation of the existence of black holes
This is not what happened. They took a photograph of a point in space where it was theorized a black hole exists. The picture proves absolutely nothing.

She only delivered .01 percent of the code. Yet she gets all the credit. Typical cunt.

Attached: 1554950515149.png (1012x1255, 105K)

No, the other people here point out that it was a group effort, and her contribution was significant, as said by the actual people working there, who probably know who contributed what.
Stop dragging her down, start pointing at the media instead.

This

Attached: 1554950435407.png (944x779, 52K)

You're taking this very personally. Just because you're a man doesn't mean you had anything to do with this you know?
Also go read literally any paper on the planet and you'll see articles of men getting kudos for shit whether or not they were part of team. Women too. Why is this the hill you fags choose to die on is beyond me.

Chael pointed out that counting lines of code is bullshit, the software isn't a tenth of the "850k" lines, and her contributions were important.
Akiyama also called her work foundational.
Why do you think you know better than the people who actually worked on the project?

Until someone comes along and proves the photo was flawed. Then it's even more pointless. Knowledge of black holes is completely and totally useless to human life now and for thousands and thousands of years to come as we sit on this rock waiting to get wiped out by the next asteroid. (which is overdue)

Stop minimizing the accomplishments of men, and I will think about it

The only reason she was there was to be the vagina in the room.

Attached: 1554947846964.png (1769x1071, 254K)

Jesus, fuck, there's some salt and incel/MGTOW tears in this thread.

She designed the algorithms
He entered them in to the computer
If youre so stupid you need numbers to tell you someone's importance to a project then don't even comment on science to begin with
She managed the whole project for the moment she got involved she had more important things to do than data entry

Attached: f3hfvj5mjuq21.jpg (500x411, 45K)

It's not important. We already had mathematics that could generate a much more accurate picture; the generated picture uses part of said math, so it's not a proof of its correctness. If the math isn't correct, the image still would look like that.

No one's doing that, user. I'm pointing out that the people who actually know who contributed what say it was a team effort, and her effort was crucial. Somehow everyone here thinks they know better, up to the point of, I quote, "The only reason she was there was to be the vagina in the room."
Care to tell us where this knowledge comes from?

No she didn't. They were, known since the 60s.

>850,000 lines of code are the raw data from the measurements
>my job was to check those files in to github
>100,000 butthurt gamergate types will hail me as a hero

Not sure what I'm looking at here, but was everyone paid the same or did they get paid by the lines contributed?
Because "fair"

>He entered them in to the computer
He checked the files containing the data into github
most of the people butthurt about her won't understand what this means

If you pay people by lines contributed you will get a billion lines per team member.

Not even talking about lines of code. Dumb cunts first post about it she was taking credit for something an entire team did. Just a bitch move typical of a woman. She didn't write any algorithms for aligning telescopes or imaging. She wrote a data conversion routine. Which is marked as "optional". And she probably didn't even write that code. Since there are notes in the code "For Katie" on how to run it.

Attached: 1554949164383.png (980x1593, 104K)

>Care to tell us where this knowledge comes from?

A Gynocentric society

Attached: feminist-meme14.jpg (327x436, 41K)

>learning for the sake of learning is bad
>I already know all the potential practical applications of this discovery
Unvirtous heathen. What are you waiting for then? KYS.

Lmao. She designed the algorithms. Where are you getting this? Cnn. Lmao.

Pretty much these. I read a few articles with interviews of the lead project director or some shit and they ask about her. Not once does he mention her coming up with an algorithm, but he does state she came up with a small-moderate idea that helped the project a lot. I took it as in the 100% scope of the project she contributed like 10%. Something like that.

I can only assume all the other people didn't look as lovey dovey photogenic when the picture was generating so she's the face of it.

Not sure where the algorithm story came from. But the media is running with it.

Who cares what they got paid.

Seem fair. Less $ for chicks cause washing hair and periods though.

if they got paid my commits to git or lines of code that bitch would be homeless

>men got it bad in some areas
>HAHAA FUCKING TOLD YOU FEMENAZIS RULE EVERYTHING
Want to know how I know you don't have a career or shit going on for you? I'll take being a man over a women every given Sunday.

Attached: 1554989278641.png (950x619, 663K)

>Dumb cunts first post about it she was taking credit for something an entire team did.
No she didn't, stop making shit up.
So, nowhere? You pulled it out of your ass because your feelings where hurt? Boo hoo.
> (D-1) We didn’t use exactly her algorithm from her TED talk, but her work was foundational along with a lot of other contributions in building the final procedure for all imaging pipelines.
i.e. pretty close to it.
It was saying it would be ridicolously retarded to do that. You can blow up code to any size. But of course that wouldn't fit your agenda.

Truth #1: Neither science nor scientists care of you are a man or a woman
Truth #2: The people pushing the idea this was led by a women are in Pic Related group.
Truth #3: The people pushing against the idea this was led by a woman are the typical gamergate incel usual suspects
Truth #4: We would all be better off with more of the people from Truth #1, and less of the people from Truth #2 and Truth #3.

fudge, pic related

Attached: stemwomen.jpg (500x497, 49K)

Bitches care user... Muh pay gap is between muh legs

A woman DID A THING.

OMG look what I did!

>Poor George in the background taking a break after writing all the code.

Kek, thanks I guess I should learn to code

What would happen if they said anything else? They would experience a modern day struggle session and be crucified for being part of the patriarchy.

It’s really too bad you people act like right wingers are the danger here and conviently forget massive chunks of history.

Attached: BBA54B03-E0C2-4C8F-AD74-BD16F0CFE654.jpg (400x265, 88K)

Really? Cause you sound like a cuck and or a soyboi to me

Kek

>But of course that wouldn't fit your agenda.
You mean equality?

Of course you know better than they do, they're only pretending not to be on your side, because god forbid there's people who aren't misogynist assholes.

> Less $ for chicks cause washing hair and periods though.
Nice equality you got going there.

Attached: 1497722983495.jpg (1000x721, 209K)

Truth #1 is true but the truth is very few people that work in science are scientists. Most are no better than whores who will find "evidence" of whatever a priori conclusion pays them the best and follow those with overhyped reputations with all the detached empiricism of a schoolgirl at a boy band concert.

Thanks for proving my point.

How is equal work getting equal pay a problem?

Attached: 1522375834625.png (638x569, 641K)

>> (D-1) We didn’t use exactly her algorithm from her TED talk, but her work was foundational along with a lot of other contributions in building the final procedure for all imaging pipelines.
>i.e. pretty close to it.
over-exaggerating ones contribution to a group effort diminishes the contributory worth of other group members, dismissing the fact that a group effort stands and falls with every single piece involved.
Doing so just for the (obvious) sake of gender politics demotivates future contributors to even pursue such projects, hurting scientific research (or any other public domain touched by it) on the long run.
This is why gender politics, along all of identity-politics are stupid. They always shoot themselves into their own foot.

T hats nice user, but what you do with your free time is of no concern to me, or probably anyone.

80% of the "code" is data. Aka it isnt code, they just commited it because they needed it. There are "only" 69k lines. She wrote a third of the software and have designed the algorithm. Said guy acknowledges that anyway.

What "point"? That people don't actually mean what they say, which would be the only way to rescue your precious, albeit dickish narrative?
Fuck off.
You literally proposed less pay. Am I being baited by a retard?
I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you saying he's over-exagerrating her contribution, and if so, what do you base this on? He obviously would have the insider knowledge to judge it correctly. Or are you saying other, unrelated people do so, and if so, why aren't you attacking them instead?

She kinda looks like that momo thing

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019_03_03_at_12.59.20_PM.png.jpg (591x422, 56K)

2edgy4skool

On what planet does one third = 100% of credit for a project?
Follow up question - what color is the sun on this planet?

yeah, lived it.

All I gotta do is take a peek in here and pol to know that a bunch of mentally ill and deranged fags who constantly call for the death of their political enemies, put Goebbel and COINTELPRO to shame in terms of propaganda creation, and see how effective they are in riling up an otherwise worthless demographic of NEETs into action that yes your lot has way more potential for danger than pinked haired feminazis and the idea of pushing more women into STEM will ever be.

>Are you saying he's over-exagerrating her contribution
no
>Or are you saying other, unrelated people do so, and if so, why aren't you attacking them instead?
yes, and I did. The author of this retarded post, specifically, who re-interpreted what was said by professional insiders, to better fit his personal narrative.
If I'd have access to all ideologues committing to this bullshit, I'd tell them the same. So I just addressed this retarded user in particular.

>You literally proposed less pay. Am I being baited by a retard?
No, I proposed that bitches should shave their heads and sew their pussy's shut and put the fucking same work in if they want the same pay.
I though I was being clear

lmao, fucking incels are at it again
I feel sorry for the guy, imagine being publicly associated with bunch of butthurt kissless betas

Attached: 55811491_602855920179451_1740811886439432192_n.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>i can't think of why its useful therefore its not useful

there's patronizing and there is experience in a corporate environment and his behaviour has been textbook in that regard, to her credit she has tried to shut it down but the media likes a pretty face i guess

I know. You're just going around living your decent life,
then some asshurt dudes find your name inside an online code database, dox you, then make you a poster child for guys who society has rightfully recognized should never reproduce.

Just like that guy that helped his gf lose weight and promptly gets dumped.

Attached: EFmPkQr.jpg (801x630, 148K)

>Something like that
yeah, must be true because user said so

Attached: 1518098172701.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Enjoy divorce rape, Chad

Yeah there's no other reason why you'd try to shut down attacks on a valuable team member and friend of yours. Just corporate politics.
We can agree on the media being profiteers who picked the photo that would get the most clicks, and the story that would generate the most hype, and that they're at fault for that.

>What "point"?
The point I made. You’re saying I didn’t make one?
>That people don't actually mean what they say,
That’s a massive generalization of my statement. I simply said whatever the truth is, they aren’t going to say she played a minor role even if she had because people such as yourself would accuse them of sexism.
>which would be the only way to rescue your precious, albeit dickish narrative?
Ok so wait. I did make a point. You understand it. You just don’t like it. Well which is it? I didn’t make a point or I did and you just reject it? Also thanks for continuing to confirm my view. Your exactly what I’m referring to.
>Fuck off.
Once again. Thanks for proving my point.

I've got some proof for you Mr. Believe all reddits
I hope you're not a Democrat or posting facts will be a waste of time

Attached: 1555037618118.png (1528x3874, 1.8M)

If you want me to read this you are going to have to use punctuation.

Yeah but the point is that everyone is only praising her.

Her team defends her says her work was what laid the foundation.
You're saying she minorly contributed and all the while are frothing at the mouth with a bone to pick for her and the media in general.

Hmmmm who should I trust...

right....remember, the vagoo

The media likes a good image, and a story that'll get hyped. Once you can throw in a sexism angle, or wait for one to be generated, all the better.
Doesn't mean you need to prove them right by acting like a whole bunch of people in here, who seem to be mostly interested in tearing her down because a person with vagina can't possibly be valuable to a team. Take it up with the media, which seems to be pretty fucking rare here.

Dude, I really don't understand why you're wasting time debating butthurt teens.

Oh gotcha. Tldr; You're a schizoid who doesn't know he's shilling for free. And you're good at it too.

these.
Gender Idenditarians have the inverse power of King Midas.
Everything they touch turns into shit.

Irish imagrant laid the foundation of you house.
Irishman built 100% of your house and owns your house. Cause vagina

Attached: 1554940336195.jpg (960x856, 70K)

>WERE NOT DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Lenin
>Stalin
>Pol Pot
>Mao Tse Tung

>THAT WASNT REAL COMMUNISM
>STRUGGLE SESSIONS WERE 50 YEARS AGO YOU NAZI!!!!!!

Attached: 649AB114-5EDD-4026-BC32-DE079A8665E9.jpg (800x533, 672K)

I'm not tearing her down. I'm saying it's bs that the media portrays this as "woman earns scientific achievement" when in fact it was a group effort and everyone who worked there should get credit.

>I would just kill myself

Oh, go ahead and do it anyway. The world can carry on fine without you.

>ad hominem
Post discarded

Please. Don't insult teens with that. At least they don't know better when they are being cringy and weird. These are grown men losing their shit over some lady who helped out with something bigger then they ever will be a part of.

>the media portrays this

Not really. You made that up and are raging against your own fantasy.

Pathetic.

See

I made this up? Then what about news like this: youtube.com/watch?v=uK7wB82WE1c

How long until this is deemed problematic and removed, like that one thing in Rotten tomatoes?

Tbf, same can be said about you or anyone else on this planet.
Name a single person which we couldn't live without.
Do you have any other redundancies to spew randomly into the room?

There's a nytimes article right now titled "how Katie Bowman accidently became the face of the black hole project." In it the article has several interviews of scientists working on the project stating that: It was not a woman's project. It was a collaboration of scientists all over the world. That they didn't use her algorithm*. She helped in other ways.

*She even admits that it was not her algorithm that led to the discovery.

Ya know... Something like that.

Exactly.
>Helped out

>OH GOD HE INSULTED ME ON Yea Forums BUT THIS IS MY SAFESPACE REEEEEEEEE
Are you ok? Are you having a stroke?
>everyone who doesn't think exactly 100% like me is automatically a commie
This is your brain on pol.

no its mostly the cringe news coverage of it

Holy shit. Really. The headline.
>Seen the pictures of that black hole? This is the woman you can thank for that.
Literally one of the first news headlines about this.

Joe Burger works the grill at McDonald’s and is the soul reason the patties are sold.

The manager, doesn’t cook a single thing all of their time at the store’s location.

Does that mean Joe Burger was the one actually running the store? No.

That’s how retarded people sound when trying to dismiss a project lead because she wasn’t doing every bit of labor.

Lol fuckin butt hurt incels.

>no arguments

Right, but based on your analogy the media is acting like that manager is the reason why every McDonald's in the country is running properly. She wasn't the lead on the whole project, she was the lead on one of many side parts of the project.

>I'm saying it's bs that the media portrays this as "woman

Yeah, and everyone else here is telling you it's bs that the incel group gets their panties in a wad every time a woman gets celebrated

You don't get it. She should be celebrated, but she shouldn't be the only one getting the praise when it's a group project. There are news articles that say something like "the woman behind the black hole image" or something like that. It's retarded.

No problem with celebrating women as long as it's not obvious pandering by singling one person out only for their gender

>These are grown men losing their shit
I don't care how many candles are on your birthday cake.
If you make a focus of your life playing video games, knowing all about the marvel universe, and coming up with external reasons why no one will date you, your'e still a juvenile.

Divorce raped Chads. .....Kek.

>There are news articles that say something like "the woman behind the black hole image" or something like that. It's retarded.
...and the fact that this bothers you so much should make you sit down and ponder your own life choices, not come running to Yea Forums about how the world is against you.

I love when someone says they should question their life choices for arguing about something somewhere, missing the irony that they're also in the same place arguing about the same thing

>and everybody clapped

>Yeah, and everyone else
a) You don't speak for me
b) you don't speak for anyone else
c) there are many points being made in this thread, and from what I could see at least, outside of a few trolls, people are genuine in their arguments AND oppose your narrative at the same time.

So either you ingeniously portrait most of people here as something they aren't to further your personal narrative, or you are actually too stupid to recognize points being made outside of your narrative.
So you're either a narcissist, or an ideology-driven zealot.
Either way, it's hard to imagine you having people in real-life that actually enjoy your company, unless you sit in the same echo-chamber.

B-but... womanz got all de credit >:(

We took a fucking photo of a black hole. Anyone who only has a woman getting credited as their main take away from this situation is way more of a faggot than any media coverage that’s been put out about her

youtu.be/FQLElTVQ_bI

>not come running to Yea Forums about how the world is against you.

So you're just making things up, good job bro.

#murderedbywords

Maybe it's our main takeaway because that's mainly what the media coverage is about

And you and your ilk are acting like this is the first time man or woman someone has been credited for more than they may have actually done.
It's not. It happens everyday. The difference now is that this was a big enough event that for whatever reason incels and fragile men are choosing to die on this hill because the idea of pushing women in STEM isn't palpable to them for some odd reason.

Believe it or not.

You can actually find more information about the black hole than you can find “Woman did this.”

This is a reminder of how much I hate this site and op is always a faggot

She has created a telescope so large, so powerful, that it could possibly see the end of Brexit.

No one is dying on any hill or acting like this is the first time. We're pointing it out as an ongoing issue with the media.

Somewhere an incel is smiling to himself and muttering "Score one for Team Penis"

He could have spent that half hour doubling his social skills.

>Can anyone explain why this is so important?

The amazing achievement of this scientist and her colleagues has resulted in the single greatest expression of impotent incel bleating in the history of the universe.

Kek

Her shirt offended me

Google black hole. 5 of first 6 articles are about this woman.

how about we stop pushing people anywhere and respect their free decisions, made as the individuals that they are?

The irony of everything you said applies to you as well. The media is made up of many companies. So does some news places with clickbait articles speak for all the others who had more nuanced articles and headlines? Why aren't we dissecting those instead of harping on the ones who get it wrong. It wouldn't be because doing that would conflict with your narrative now would it?
If you're a scum sucking mouth breather who only reads the headline sure.

the part that bothers me the most is that they HAD to know we would figure this out - especially after what they tried with mission Juno, so what are they really trying to distract from?

Attached: 475C3E62-FCA6-485C-A65F-10ADFF268341.jpg (735x409, 79K)

>doubling
lel

Go back to l.eddit than you soft faggot

>ongoing issue with the media

thousands of news outlets, a million employees, all spectrum of political opinions, and you want to control them somehow?
It's called freedom of the press you retarded dictator supporter.

Every single article is just about the black hole.

Attached: C6572F85-2D91-43BC-AC41-251A82B52DA0.png (750x1334, 383K)

No one is forcing a gun to anyone's head. Having role models is good. If some little girl see that and aspires to STEM that's a net positive for the US. Better than a life of thotdom. If your parents pushed you harder maybe you wouldn't be getting anally fissure by clickbait headlines.

This.

>So does some news places with clickbait articles speak for all the others who had more nuanced articles and headlines?
No, and yet their existence is an issue worth addressing.
>Why aren't we dissecting those instead of harping on the ones who get it wrong.
Because the ones who get it wrong are the ones who need to listen to reason, to not get it wrong in the future again.
Clickbait articles do not raise the next generation. People who read and believe them, do.

Freedom of the press is not freedom from criticism. I never supported any dictator. Please try again.

>ones who need to listen to reason, to not get it wrong in the future again

low IQ reasoning, which is why your opinion will stay hidden in the deepest corners of the incel web.

No you want to take their freedom away. And if you support trump who has the same views as you then you support his dictator tactics. You're just as bad if not worse than the worst femi nazi logic i've encountered.

This guy knows what's up

Attached: It's cute.jpg (1242x1251, 145K)

How about we push people to read not just the headlines but multiple articles from various sources? Sure clickbait sucks but there's nothing illegal about it. You're not going to shame people chasing ad revenue to stop.
And no parents raise the next generation you moron. And if you're devastated by clickbait then you're really going to be in for a loop when you wake up to the shills and propaganda being force fed around here.

>And if you're devastated by clickbait then you're really going to be in for a loop when you wake up to the shills and propaganda being force fed around here.

Amen, Yea Forumsrother

Me too
I think Hitler had a shirt like that

I'm taking the bait because I have to. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This is the result of news outlets putting feels before reals, not the results of the scientific method. Both libtards and conservacucks do it all the time and you eat it up only when red team chief say it tru.Fuck you

Attached: honkhonk.jpg (680x680, 53K)

Did she ever claim to have done more?

>No one is forcing a gun to anyone's head.
women quotas
minority quotas

>Having role models is good.
Basically, yes. But having toxic role-models is not. Spewing toxic narratives about less diverse places / professions isn't, either.

>If some little girl see that and aspires to STEM that's a net positive for the US.
Correction: having any kid [...]
Studies show that children seldom identify professions with genders.

> If your parents pushed you harder maybe you wouldn't be getting anally fissure by clickbait headlines.
If your parents pushed you harder, you wouldn't try to defend them, or turn a blind eye on the influence they have on society, especially on teens and young adults.

>because the idea of pushing women in STEM isn't palpable to them for some odd reason.

I didn't say that, nice strawman.

It's not, the moment I found out it was a bunch of coding making a photo instead of an actual satellite phone It killed excitement. Also fuck the jew bitch and her dick sucker beta friend.

The NBC News article clearly mentions Katie Bouman

how cute when virgins suck each other off on this forum

> which is why your opinion will stay hidden in the deepest corners of the incel web.
and yet it is echoed by influences with audiences numbering in the millions. I might be a naught but a mere, single person, yet I am optimistic about the future, because the fringe group you belong to dwindles by the hour.

Ain't nobody got tyme fo dat shit.

It was several satellites from around the world used to create one picture.

Are you taking my freedom away by criticizing my points? No. We're both expressing our freedoms. That's how it works.

>>OH GOD HE INSULTED ME ON Yea Forums BUT THIS IS MY SAFESPACE REEEEEEEEE
Are you capable of forming a cogent argument or not? All you do is throw insults while typing REEEEEE.

>fringe group

What group is that? You are a delusional fuck. Nobody takes incels seriously and the alt-right consists of a bunch of backward thinking morons.

So if what you think is helping then I hope you take away what I said think about what you did wrong so that you don't do it again in the future. okay?

So if I like build like a satellite can I like see a blackhole and stuff

>THE LEFT ISNT DNAGEROUS
>well what about these historical examples and the similarities to current groups like ANT—
>FUCK OFF NAZI EVERYONE ON THE LEFT ISNT A COMMIE

Oh the irony. Nice self awareness.

Attached: F7AFD3D2-F0B2-435E-AACE-A6FD741A2007.png (480x491, 156K)

> (You)
>>No one is forcing a gun to anyone's head.
>women quotas
>minority quotas
No one is being told they have to persue a certain career path. You're off base here.
>>Having role models is good.
>Basically, yes. But having toxic role-models is not. Spewing toxic narratives about less diverse places / professions isn't, either
There's nothing toxic about this woman. Your lots response has been though that's for sure. Just peruse this thread to find that out.

>>If some little girl see that and aspires to STEM that's a net positive for the US.
>Correction: having any kid [...]
>Studies show that children seldom identify professions with genders.
And? That's great. You're ignoring that historically women have been either shunned or for practical reasons unable to persue these paths. Now they can. Why is that a problem?
>> If your parents pushed you harder maybe you wouldn't be getting anally fissure by clickbait headlines.
>If your parents pushed you harder, you wouldn't try to defend them, or turn a blind eye on the influence they have on society, especially on teens and young adults.
I'm not defending clickbait. I'm arguing that you're again anally fissured and blowing this incident way out of proportion.

Aw, did me agreeing with someone hurt your fragile, pathetic ego?

You’re a fucking nobody faggot, kill yourself

>Are you ok? Are you having a stroke?
Are you crediting the brick layer that laid the foundation credit for your entire home?
So if your toilets don't flush he gets the credit.
Retarded shit people say

If you're going to post proof you might want it to prove yourself right.

As you put your opinion on to the internet

This is why any attack on this woman personally is unfair. On the leftist media yes. But not on her.

Hurrrr duuurrrr

>projecting this much

Are you somebody? Tell me who you are please I really want to know. I've seen pathetic then there's you.

I'm sorry, I'll never criticize the media again, everything they publish is true and honest.

We're not, but if you want us to believe that she was the last one to say "NOT IT" you are super retarded.

Attached: 356429810.png (500x378, 55K)

In short, it confirms einsteins theory on which a decade of science development is based on. Basically now scientists know that all their bases are correct

>are you somebody
Go back to l.eddit you faggot

>antifa
>a threat
Why do you guys piss in your boots about everything? Imagine being worried about antifa. It is a convenient boogeyman. What was it earlier? BLM? Whats next that's going to have you hidden in your closet in fear?
Also it's possible to be anywhere on the political spectrum and not agree with your ilk.

>We're not
You're not. I fixed that for you. And she definitely took her sweet time to do so. I think it's more the fact that she wasn't like "LOOK WHAT I DID." it was more the media saying that

>Can anyone explain why this is so important?

You are a pretty shallow thinker aren't you? No imagination either...sad.

You seem mad. Remember what the doctor said about raising your blood pressure and risk of heart attack.

>We're not
This thread is full to bursting with evidence that people are happy to personally attack this woman for the way the media loosely insinuated it was her discovery alone.

Then retract what I said earlier. You did learn something from this exchange. Just keep your mouth shut next time.

Her attitude is of no consequence. I was mearly indicating that she likely had little to no objection with being credited with the entire project.

Nice reference.
They're too young to understand

>He could have spent that half hour doubling his social skills.

Except that two times zero is still zero.

A massive assumption on your part. Don't attack people based on how you assume they are thinking.

Attached: 1381455946669.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

something predicted with math can be visually confirmed. Science is cool dude.

Attached: 1554843121050.gif (200x200, 505K)

Her technique is called CHIRP and entirely new. It was her PhD thesis topic. Fuck off incel

You know what the doctor said about your semen intake

Wimins don't deserve to be attacked. Day innocent.

Attached: False-Rape-300x220.jpg (300x220, 20K)

there were hundreds of people who worked on the project who had no objection to her getting credited for something she did. hmmm strange how that works.

Oh so you assume that about her so I guess it's ok to assume you suck a lot of dick. And I mean a LOOOOOOOT.
Much like where you're getting your "info" I too pull this out of my ass.

Well she doesn't seem super enthusiastic about it. So.....yeah, you

They'll be gone in a heartbeat like James Damore if they dare question the narrative

Right when will a white man get a fair shake lol

Imagine being so shitty that even as a white man in the USA you cant make anything of your life. So you blame others and have tantrums on the internet

>le trump is hitler meme
I'm an independent but favor Democrats in fed elections. Trump is not like Hitler in any way. He's a lame duck president that couldn't pass bills with his own registered party in the majority across all three branches; Republicans remember him supporting the Democrats for decades. Hitler literally took over a nation, violently expanded to retake stolen land, and liked leather boots

She got credited with the algorithm which is entirely accurate

James Damore contacted reporters and got shitty articles published about the company in the media, he made it impossible not to be fired. He could have tried to change the culture from the inside out, but instead chose to blow up his career

>the narrative

You sound more senile than my grandfather who has severe dementia and thinks the govt owes him millions of dollars in taxes.

This. If you just stand around while dumbasses fling shit in your town, you're going to smell like shit. People need to retake their communities

He contacted reporters after he tried to change the culture from the inside out and was immediately blacklisted and fired for questioning.

>people who bash other people for having an opinion while calling them fascist
>refuses to see this exactly how it all started in China, Germany, Russia, Cambodia, on and on etc

>BLM
Yeah I never said anything about BLM. You did. You’re still pigeon holing me like I’m a /pol/tard while beating the tired drum that I am the one using generalizations.

So now we’ve come full circle. All you do is insult and use circular logic. So where are you in the pyramid? I mean... we all know I’m just curious if you can be even remotely honest with yourself.

>your ilk
Maybe your next post will be free of insults, generalities, stereotypes, and insults.

Attached: FDC8E8F0-7804-4B8B-96E2-C9D2047BCF6B.png (1200x900, 210K)

>Right when will a white man get a fair shake lol
White males are the most oppressed group in the country don't you know? White male civil rights movement when

Attached: multiple-women-laughing-with-salad.jpg (600x350, 200K)

>something predicted with math can be visually confirmed.
Thats what this triggers Pol. For Pol/Trump it's about your gut, what you feel, not facts.

wrong, science fields used to be free of this social justice bullshit, libtards dont know science just because they watch some shitty netflix scifi show

You have no idea how bad things really are.

>No one is being told they have to persue a certain career path. You're off base here.
And yet we bar people off from pursuing certain career paths if the quotas don't add up to the available applicant pool.

>There's nothing toxic about this woman.
You made a broad statement, and so did I. Pretending I didn't is either disingenuous or stupid, depending on your motivation to do so.

>You're ignoring that historically women have been either shunned or for practical reasons unable to persue these paths. Now they can. Why is that a problem?
"That" isn't the problem. The problem is a) you ignoring that this is a historic fact, hence a thing of the past, and therefore irrelevant for the situation at hand, and b) dismissing the fact that gendered rolemodels do not get recognized by children as different, hence gender / identity politics serve no practical function in the process of achieving equity in society.

>I'm arguing that you're again anally fissured and blowing this incident way out of proportion.
If you want to continue to pretend that the critique around gender mainstreaming only focuses on this particular article, or series of articles, you actively fool yourself.

That SHE made? Not giving credit to the people who obviously helped and also the telescopes?

>Thinks this is about her being a woman.
No:
>Media implies person A invented awesome thing
>Idiots start claiming person A did barely anything in a team of inventors and shouldn't get any credit at all.
>Team of inventors speak up and inform world that person A was of crucial importance in the project.
>Idiots continue attacking person A, and ignore the media responsible.

It works regardless of gender. You are the idiot, blaming person A for the actions of the media.

Every employment contract has a clause about blatantly talking to reporters. The National Labor Rights Board even found his firing was proper.

Honestly Google employees in eng are making such a ridiculous amount of money, what kind of idiot gets fired from that because they can't just put their headphones in and ignore politics. Who gives a fuck what political beliefs your coworkers have when you're earning literally $300k. Talk about first fucking world problems.

found the retard

You seem awfully obsessed with anal fissures.

well, saying so doesn't make it so.
>his agreement does not mean the statement is true, only that he is telling the same thing as everyone else - which might as well be a lie.
is this the truth? does anyone have the github of the whole thing? - actually, I won't check, can't be bothered...

>White males are the most oppressed group in the country don't you know?

Right as a white man it's soooo hard to get a job when only like 85 to percent of a management is also white. It must be the quotas keeping you guys from college and jobs. It couldn't be your not as smart as you think you are.

I was being sarcastic, doesn't really come through in text

It wasn't about political beliefs. They were asking for input on some diversity initiative. He provided the wrong input.

bs detected. she doesn't even know how to use gravatar
github.com/sao-eht/eat/graphs/contributors

>read an article about gender or race equality once
>assumes that all "science" is some monolith
>hurrr fuccccckkkking durr science is compromised
You're retarded.

>ignores all the circumstances surrounding those countries during those times which led to those events
We aren't out or in a major war. We aren't starving. The economy is ok. I'm guessing you fell for some alarmist clickbait?

He shittalked his employer in the media. It's not even complicated why he got fired.

It's funny he couldn't just shut up and take the money. It's always conservatives that are secretly the most sensitive.

I picked that up was just playing along. Enjoy the you

I have friends who think like this it's really funny and kind of sad to me.

They don't even understand how easy they're life is.

Really now? From my perspective you seem a bit radicalized from whatever is being fed to you. I think most people view the news and media as what it's always been, opinions based on facts and can decipher what they want from it. You seem to think people are just sheeple and take everything fed to the as fact.

Vagina.

that wasn't even what i was getting at you turbofaggot

>ignores all the circumstances surrounding those countries during those times which led to those events

Having massive historical blind spots is a requirement for POL and most of the GOP

You're confused about the order of events. They invited input on the diversity thing. He provided input with scientific references. He was quickly blacklisted for disagreeing. At that point his career there was done either way, so he figured he would get the message out about how these companies are on the inside.

Why would you masquerade as me? It’s obvious it is the same person.

quick bias check:
do you believe that trump is a racist?

She had some nice milkers.