Was this indeed the Atlantis?

Nowadays, we have nearly enough evidence to decalre that the Richat structure used to be Atlantis.
According to Herodotus' description, the Richat structure fits well his claims in term of forms and dimensions.

Youtube links:
youtu.be/lDQLBATcdxI
youtube.com/watch?v=A5v3a5ePjVY

>inb4 Herodotus claims are inaccurate
He described a sarcophagus beneath a pyramid submerged by crystal water which turned out to be true.
youtu.be/5q6Xx4FqP8s?t=566

Attached: ob_59a84e_dkl3ehixgaamsvc-1 (1).jpg (811x541, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_b3mLc8wzWg
youtube.com/watch?v=HGcsfa-GyZk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome_(geology)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's possible, but more evidence is needed.

Some lovely lad is about to take a trip there, in Mauretania in the upcoming months. Check out his channel. He just went live a couple of hours ago.
youtu.be/_b3mLc8wzWg

No, you fucking brainlet Muzz.
Atlantis is where Plato said its - beyond the Pillars of Herakles and to the South.

No. It's either a klippe or the top of something overlying a volcanic dome. I think the rock is a fossiliferous limestone and you're seeing exposed bedding planes.

>t. Geologist

Back in then, the sea levels were high enough to keep Richat's location on coastal level. Still does not exclude the theory.
If only you could provide us with a similar geographic structure around the world.

A klippe occurs when you have thrust faulting and the overlying Rock erodes everywhere except isolated spots. So you get this strange occurrence where older rock is overlying younger, but the bedding planes don't indicate that anything is overturned. You can find some of this in Idaho.

Attached: 1200px-Thrust_system_en.jpg (1200x496, 62K)

I'll look into it. I have seen the photo in OP and it's really cool on it's own. Probably was used as a fort or something by people once because it has that natural defense.

its so far from the ocean though

no

herodotus got first hand information from the egyptians. everything they told him about atlantis, which was long gone, is inaccurate and unreliable. look up how those idiots determined the oldest language for more on unreliable second hand information.

Half of the Sahara was covered by Sea. It went dry due to cataclysmic results such as earthquakes and droughts. Many neolithic cave paintings in the Ahaggar shows that there has been a green vegetation in the middle of the Sahara.
That's for paranormal threads. Mine's a commonly apprehended one.
That gives more reliability to his stories and records.

>brainlet
mentioned only in passing
clearly meant as an apologue

The problem is that the video talks about Hercules pillars @6:40

Antarctica = Atlantis
youtube.com/watch?v=HGcsfa-GyZk

you have a comprehension problem
>Atlantis
There's no such thing. Never was.

physical anyway

Attached: 'unfinished work'.jpg (500x768, 58K)

So it's apparently a Geological dome. Africa has a lot of these underlying volcanos. One way to get diamonds is through kimberlites which are these fast moving magma bodies that erupt in discreet zones. We do get domes in the U.S. Either magmatic material surfaces and never erupts or plutonic roots will fall back into the mantle and the land will pop back up. That's called isostatic rebound. It's why places in Canada are rising and have gravity fluctuations.

Great structure though

it's a strip mine, dumbass.

>he hasn't read plato's timaeus

What's he bringing?

No. It’s too far above sea level.

Some days ago I started thinking about Atlantis not being a place in space and time. Plato has lot of things like this going on. I have to study it but I'm now reading Cratylus so Timaeus will have to wait till I've read Cratylus, Phaedon, Symposium, Phaedrus, Parmenides, Theaetetus, Republic, Sophist and Statesman.

Absolute broscience. Are you even a creationist?

You people don't understand what Atlantis is. Truthfully, we know everything to know about what Atlantis was and where it was. It has nothing to do with that shit.

Upheaval Dome, Utah

Attached: UpDome1.jpg (945x905, 691K)

Beclabito dome, NM

Attached: 6320387047_21d4c4a4f1_b.jpg (1024x768, 534K)

In fact, here. Educate yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dome_(geology)

lower?

Attached: Post-Glacial_Sea_Level.png (1813x1088, 371K)

>Richat structure
This is a geological phenomena right?
Not man made, which the alantis society myth was supposed to be.

From my limited studies on it, I am convinced that atlantis was a society, possible a kind of cradle of humanity that was around either when the super continent lemuria was around or before a polar ice cap switch, so it would be under the Antarctica pole. The reasoning is that there are common historical stories/religions, skills, archaeology ect possessed by various ancient civilizations who were never in contact with eachother at all.
Chinese, egypt, south American pyramids for example.

Modern day myths of atlantis comes from ancient greek historians but atlantis destruction was supposed to be well before their time