Any doctors or nurses here? i have this birthmark on my leg that i scraped the shit out of by accident last week...

any doctors or nurses here? i have this birthmark on my leg that i scraped the shit out of by accident last week, and it won't scab or heal. its been like 5 days already. I keep it bandaged and vaseline'd but it wont heal. the fuck do I do? should i let it scab out in the air or continue to keep it wrapped?

I'm an Amerifat so i dont have healthcare. though I've gotten this mole checked out a few years back and it was not cancerous.

Attached: 93523482434.jpg (1992x1121, 87K)

Looks like aids.

Put some bleach on it, it will be fine

Clean it and let it scab over in the air my dude, you'll be reet as rain

Why are you using vaseline? Use a SMALL amount (very light film of a coating) of triple antibiotic ointment and bandage it. Wash it twice daily, allow it to air out for about 15 minutes after washing, apply triple ant. ointment, apply new bandaid. Do this for a week and you'll see progress. It won't heal like normal epithelial tissue, may take a bit longer due to the fibrous/melanated birthmark tissue.

but I have to go to work & shit, can I just let it rock unbandaged against my slacks? I've been drowning this shit in petroleum jelly to avoid anything getting in. should i be trying to keep it as dry as possible instead? shit is just not healing like normal skin does so idk what to do

Thanks a million lad. By bandage what do you mean? Would those big ass band-aids suffice, or do I need gauze pad or something?

I've been using Vaseline cause my girl convinced me it would help, and I figured it would help the skin stay moist and heal quicker.

Overall, is my intention to keep it dry or moist? Or both?

A big ventilated bandaid and light coating of triple antibiotic will keep it moist, but not so moist that scabbing and matrixing aren't inhibited. It'll take a bit longer to heal owing to it being a birthmark. After washing, pat it dryand allow it to dry out a bit before ointment/bandaid. You never want it to be absolutely shut off from air.

also when I bandage and take it off later it always pulls and tugs on the hair & new skin and i feel like its actually harming the healing process

Don't use gauze and don't slather anything on it like frosting. Use a very light coat. Keeping it as wet as you have has been what's keeping it open.

Okay thanks a bunch man, appreciate the advice. I was starting to get concerned that it was going to develop into a fucking ulcer or something, turns out I'm just a dipshit.

ubi se

Use a good bandaid; the gauze portion is non-stick for that very reason. No problem, sir! Hope you're doing better soon!

For sure, I'll step out of the office and get the required materials right now. Shit sucks because I just started biking again now that the weather is warming up and first thing that happens is I slip off the pedal and slice the back of my leg against it, hence this current predicament. Seriously appreciate the help, on Yea Forums of all places, thank you a lot.

kys

Vaseline? You fucking moron. You deserve for this to never heal.

Hah! It does happen from time to time. I looked at the pic of your lesion again, and don't see anything worrisome; tissue is showing the beginning of granulation as it should, no vascular changes or venous deformity. Should work out just fine! Also buy shin pads for biking. Look at Under Armour.

Use Neosporin and a bandage at work, let it air out at home when you can wear shorts

Get a dry antiseptic pad and put it on the wound. Don;t put any ointment on it or the moisture will stop it from scabbing over. Hold in place witu micropore tape.

When you're not at work let the air get to it, no coverings or bandages. One good point is that it still looks clean, as in no infection.

Give it a week. If hasn't progressed after then you'll have to see someone. There's only so much unprofessional advice can do

>vaseline
Stop putting that shit on it. Pour some hydrogen peroxide on it to disinfect it, and let it air out.

Don't use Vaseline my guy, thats why it whont heal

Attached: 1542897647338.jpg (326x306, 45K)