Hey guys, I've begun my first ever grow of some Northern Lights. I'm using a deep water culture hydroponic setup...

Hey guys, I've begun my first ever grow of some Northern Lights. I'm using a deep water culture hydroponic setup, and a clone that I'm not certain how far along it is. Does anyone else here grow their medicine? I have a few questions and would like advice.

Attached: IMG_20190412_092930.jpg (1149x1762, 589K)

fucking rekt son, you been ph'ing your water?

That looks like shit, did you get a clone or something?

That looks absolutely terrible.

My outdoor plants look 10x better.

I have not yet but I plan to soon. Once I begin adding nutrients, I'll be monitoring it closely. I haven't added nutrients, plan to within the next couple of days. I'm not sure when is best to start.

Growth looks anemic at best. you either need more light, or your PH is off (wrong amount of nutes)
I know its probably too late for this, but i strongly recommend using soil for your first few grows. A hydro setup can be very finicky. Literally you can be away for a weekend and the whole thing goes to hell. With soil you usually have more of a buffer for bad things going wrong.

Never done hydro, always done straight soil. KB is easy as hell to produce if you know how to sex the plants early & remove the males.
Every outdoor plant I've ever seen puts my indoors to shame; sadly I don't live anywhere doing it outside is a viable option.

Agreed, that thing looks so weak I'd scrap it and start over instead of wasting a couple months just for a worthless harvest.

> I haven't added nutrients
at that size you should already be. also you should be making sure light isn't hitting your water, you will likely get rootrot/algae.

I grew this aurora indica. Cross of northern lights and Afghan. Dwc cfl lights scrog I’m very good at dwc

Attached: 82451A41-F51A-4921-A478-2C065DFD45CA.jpg (1300x1200, 402K)

Same strain. Dwc mainlining

Attached: E505BA45-FA1E-4F43-96CF-08B12B5B32EE.jpg (1300x1200, 692K)

This.

Nothing wrong with using soil. Even Home Depot these days carries a special soil for cannabis called “black magic.”

Give me advice for a good grow?

Looks great, good work user

Go to growweedeasy.com and read the entire website. Everything, and read it twice. Three times if you’re kinda dumb. Not saying you are, just saying.

>cfl lights
Seriously? That plant looks way too good for CFL is all.

Ty. Look how even the branches are. Best way to grow if you have the height to do it. Don’t do this with cfl. You need stronger lights. CFL is fine for scrogging

8 lights. Had some temp issues, but would have been worse with hps. Next time I’m using led

I made the light fixture myself. You can see it here.

Attached: 3456A5B6-7C9A-46DA-B856-BF0B301A0505.jpg (1300x1200, 363K)

>calling weed medicine

Listen man, I smoke too, but lets stop calling weed “medicine”. Its just cringey. Its just a fucking plant. Its literally tobacco except it doesnt give you cancer.

I just picked up a big 1000W (equivalent) LED light, got 3 new White Widows sprouting now on the first grow with it. Interested to see how much better is is than the previous 16 CFL array I had.

Like I said. I’m very good!

I’m sure it’ll be much better. Cfls do get hot. Especially when there’s that many of them.

debate for another thread maybe, agree to disagree?

respect

Those plants are like 12 hours from competent dying

So what are your questions op? I don’t have time to tell you everything, but I can answer a few questions. I’m the grower that posted the pics of aurora indica

Mostly I just want some better consistency, my yields have been anywhere from like 25 grams up to like 4 (ditch weed quality) ounces on a single plant.

pH 5.5

Use vegbloom, calmag, kelp, sugars, microbes.

you're welcome

fuck LEDs use a gavita or CMH. everything else mostly sucks.

Buy good seeds. Nirvanashop.com. Research how to grow. Not picking on you, but if those are your plants you don’t know what your doing. “It’s just a weed, it’ll be easy to grow” is bs. Lighting, nutrients, environment are all equally important. You have to be willing to invest at least $500 in equipment to even stand a chance. Dwc is very difficult. It took a lot of reading for me to stop burning plants. Dwc is also the most rewarding. You’ll feel like a mad scientist. Being honest, you’re so far off the bullseye that one or two things won’t improve your product. You need to educate yourself, and rethink your whole approach and setup.

When should I top my plant? How can I help how my clone is looking? I use spring water from the store, is that good? What kinds of nutrients do you use? How often should I change the water in my system?

Do listen to this guy. In dwc ph is 5.8 in veg, and 6.2 in flower. This gives the best nute uptake for the what they need when they need it. If you keep it close to 6.0 the whole time you’ll be fine.

fuck topping it's a waste of time unless you've overgrown your plant vertically or want to slow it down.

pinch your stems and bend them at a 90 degree angle. do this 2 or 3 times til your nodes have caught up to each other and you have a bush. don't do this in flower, control the stretch with a trellis and tucking.

How long until I can harvest clones from this clone? I want enough for in case this one dies out.

I have been getting seeds from them and mostly my yields had been good for the first couple years but the last year or so has been shit even after changing out lightbulbs etc, hence the new lights. I just use soil and grow it in a closet though, nothing too fancy. It's mostly to save money instead buying from the dispensary every other day.

> Its literally tobacco except it doesnt give you cancer.

Reading this made me cringe, and to alot of people it is medicine (talking about the cbd)

Attached: processthisshit.jpg (320x318, 23K)

It depends on how your trying to grow if you want to top or not. Mainlining involves a lot of topping at very specific points. You need a grow plan to know when to top. In dwc I use ro water. The nutes provide everything the plant need. Ro water is a blank canvas. I use gh three part along with some of their supplements. In dwc flushing every week or two is necessary. In veg I change my res every week. When you get deep into flower you need to change the res every 3-4 days. You need to watch your ppm to know when, but it’s a lot.

Nirvana seeds is awesome and a fair price. I just grow for myself as well

Completely agree, never had a problem with them. I think I've had maybe one seed out of like 40+ fail to germ.

Currently using a 100w 14w 1520 lumen LED, how's that for lighting? Anything I should go out of my way to get or improve on?

you need to get them healthy first. you don't want to take cuttings from weak ass plants. you want to cut a node at least 5 inches long, preferably thick. cloning is tricky. i can do any medium, i usually do rockwool. sometimes aero cloner. it seems a lot of people struggle with rockwool for some reason i think because they dont shake the excess water out of the cubes when they pH it and get them too wet and get rot. use mycos and bacteria supplements with cloning to prevent rot, as well as during your growth in general

Thats a beautiful plant, nice job user

It looks good, but looks can be deceiving. I was using clfs. The whole point of mainlining is that you get 4,8,16,32 arms that are top grade all the way down. With cfls this did not happen. Only the top half or so was useable. The cfls didn’t have the penetration to reach the bottom. A led would have done it. But it does look good doesn’t it!?!?

This is the stalk. Very even arms.

Attached: F3AB7DA4-E314-40EA-8E0F-B0F198758B0E.jpg (1300x1200, 307K)