Why did I just have more fun playing tetris than I have any video game from the past 15 years?

Why did I just have more fun playing tetris than I have any video game from the past 15 years?

Attached: NES_Tetris_Box_Front.jpg (223x320, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLocGhY3S35fCgDgA0_gobwpnFozd4z2ag
youtu.be/dXFzprqtzeA
archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2011/06/12/tetris_is_good_for_your_brain/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because back then games were made to actually be fun instead of just pandering nonsense and failed promises.

look up Skinner traps

Because Tetris is better than new games.

Attached: Skinner trap.png (500x385, 233K)

Simple but fair skill based progression with low enough commitment to drop it and try again later. Most modern games try to trick you into thinking you've made progress, and into thinking it's deeply important to make more progress right now. In reality, the only progress is the passage of time and all you've gained is an equivalent to a collection of Pokemon.

Particularly in multiplayer games, I try to avoid any kind of gear-based progression system. It exists only to give the delicious illusion of personal growth.

Survey saaaaaays

>Autism

I've been addicted to Warframe since 2014, and I'm coming to terms with this. The moment-to-moment gameplay is actually very fun, but the true game is just collecting and teaching others how to efficiently collect. It makes you feel successful, and even sometimes like a role model, but none of it is real. It really is just Pokemon hidden behind a shooter

It's hard to drop it after all this time, but I think I'm finally gonna do it at the end of the month after saying my goodbyes.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLocGhY3S35fCgDgA0_gobwpnFozd4z2ag

Because tetris is awesome. I've been playing a lot since 2009.

I didnt really play tetris but i played alot of doctor mario back in the day and remember having alot of fun with that so yeah i know what you mean

Turns out different people like different things. Who would have guessed
If such a simple game does it for you, goo for you

There are lots of flavors of tetris. I would have stopped playing if it wasn't for multi-player tetris. There is a lot of different spins you don't know about and different attack strategies. It can get very complex when competing.

You can watch me get destroyed by the number 1 player in Taiwan during a competition.

Opps forgot the link
youtu.be/dXFzprqtzeA

Tetris is really fun

Attached: manofculture.jpg (600x537, 34K)

cause everything that's come out in the past 15 years is either complete shit, or a derivation of something good that's had all the fun derived out of it.

for you

Attached: 1445488593762.gif (300x242, 1.21M)

Nice

Because you suck at fortnite duh

I'm going back home soon and this time I'll make sure not to leave my gameboy back.
I'm still looking for the original grey one (mine is blue)

Imagine being this retarded playing tetris over fortnite COD4 GTA5

Because you haven't played Realm of the Mad God?

archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2011/06/12/tetris_is_good_for_your_brain/

If you start playing tetris fast your brain will hurt.