My dog died today. I haven’t felt loss like this in awhile. Wut do?

My dog died today. I haven’t felt loss like this in awhile. Wut do?

Attached: 732AA829-8698-4032-8996-1F948ED20F7F.jpg (960x718, 84K)

get a new one. not to be a fuck but forgetting the old one was easier for me than just sitting and thinking about it

my dog died today too

Attached: 1407211332196.jpg (627x538, 106K)

ugly dog if it is that one.

Rest In Peace pupper :(
You should take a couple of days to do something you enjoy and cry it out if you can, grief is a shitty feeling but you just have to ride it out.

Sorry to hear that man. I hope its not too soon to talk about

It's going to be tough for a while. It really is, but I hope you find yourself soon and I hope the painful moving on process gets easier. Godspeed Anons, and the doggies are in doggo heaven, cheer up.

This. Get a puppy from a shelter. Doesn't mean you have to forget your old dog though.

It's just a dog...

Too soon.

too soon

Yo my doggo looks just like yours. Except mines is only 3 years old.

Attached: 2C5D4850-929A-4CA4-8224-4A530F5E9CD8.jpg (3024x2740, 1.66M)

I mean a lot of people like pets more than humans. I can't speak for op but I know that animals can't betray your trust like a human can

Acknowledge that your dog is gone. But also acknowledge that you gave your dog alot of love, a happy life, and that your dog loved you more than anything. You brought happiness to a loving critter. Savor the good memories and know you did good. It hurts like fuck now, but it'll get better with time.

Attached: 1471155135225.gif (500x275, 365K)

You ever heard of distemper? I had a dog turn on me a complete 180. It broke my heart, but it happens.

Get a new one

Get a used pitbull

Too Soon?

Attached: Funny guy laughing hysterically.gif (389x259, 779K)

That wasn't the dogs fault tho

They are actually nice dogs. Unfairly given a bad name because they get bought by morons who think they look hard for owning one.

I actually have not. But, thats interesting. it looks like you can get a vaccine for it though..

I’m not blaming the dog bro

No it was so aggressive, they put him to sleep

No worries. I

Long story short I tried to get his trust back but it seemed like he didn’t even know who I was anymore. He bit my mom and yeah..had to put him down. It’s tough because when you live with a dog, you’re practically family.

Kill yourself.

You'll meet your doggo in heaven

That's just their nature. Little shits live about 20 years. Big ones as short as 8. You love them while they last, and make every day of your dog's life a good day.After they are gone you look back and say that was a goof life. And eventually, you get another. Pretty much the same with people: Your friends die and then you die. Hopefully, by the time you go you'll be glad it's over.

Commit sengoku.

K, think I'll give you my most honest I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE FUCK.

too soon

Very much like the way I see things..tragic in a lot of ways

Faggot.

im sorry to hear. I wasn't aware of that.

LOL get a new dog.

They vaccinate for that, you're a piece of shit for not getting it. That's a horrible fucking death. I took in a stray that already had it, it was torture. Fuck you don't ever own a pet again.

my dog was diagnosed was cancer in december, started with small bumps on his nose that doubled in size every week.

Attached: doggo1.png (491x577, 465K)

Yeah I spent a week trying to grab hold of him so I can pet him and just treat him like the dog i had for years. I have a 5 year old son now and this dog I had 11 years ago. I loved that dog very similar to the way I love my son(but obviously I love my son way more). And that’s why it crushed me to put that fucker down. You know ultimately they’re just dogs, and you have to think that way from getting to hung up about it.

You’re a moron, btw. Shut the fuck up I spent over a week with that dog. It bit the fuck out of my moms leg. Lmao you’re a fucking moron.

I didn't want my dog to get autism

bumpo

This was 11 years ago, and no they didn’t vaccinate for it then. If they gave me that option I would have done it I’m not a poor fucking idiot that wouldn’t pay for some shit like that. Seriously are you gonna tell me to not ever own a “pet” because you can’t seem to come to grips that I had no other option?

This was his tumor a week later on Christmas, we still had no idea wtf it was at this point all the vets were closed over the holidays. When we finally got him in to see a dermatologist, he got a bloody nose in the waiting room that sprayed blood everywhere. Paid $1200 to get a biopsy to figure out he had squamous cell carcinoma. Which is unfortunately very aggressive and terminal

Attached: doggo2.png (480x646, 508K)

Did he get put down

And yeah aside from the fragile little bitch calling me a moron for doing what I did. I’m cracking the fuck up from this comment.

I don’t want to lose my dog, I love and care about her too much :c

Rest in Peace. Stay strong. Your doggy will always be with you in your heart.

Attached: uazm4pp0.jpg (960x718, 73K)

This picture is week 3, at this point we took him to a oncologist who recommended 3 options:

>1. cut off his entire upper jaw/nose up to his eyeballs.

Given the aggressive nature of the cancer, this was the only option that could realistically cure him...although it came at the cost of mutilating his face.

>2. chemo

Just treatment, not a cure. At best could hope to extend his life 2-6 months.

>3. nothing

Attached: doggo3.png (474x586, 523K)

Attached: DdYJixj.jpg (600x927, 41K)

Sorry man

Seems like this is the only thing that should be said

Shit sucks, I know that pain all too well. But reality is a bitch. It hurts, and it will for a long time, but you can take some solace in the good life you gave to the pupper.

>a goof life
gooby life

Attached: 1555005038136.jpg (415x418, 53K)

>4. sell him to a chinese restaurant

Rebel's blood results made the decision easy, since the cancer spread to his lymph nodes, it would've been pointless to mutilate him. The doctor was kind of a prick and wanted to do the surgery anyway since it ran a $4000 pricetag.

So we started him on inter-venous chemotherapy, and pictured was the result.

Attached: doggo4.png (483x440, 325K)

You know putting him to sleep is ok? Fuck all that shit.

$4k? You got kids? Best option is laying that puppet to rest

Pupper

I'm so sorry to hear OP, pressing all my F's for you. Going to sleep with my doggos now and I'll appreciate them more now good night mayn

I'm sorry for your loss, OP.

The pain subsides with time. Don't try to forget about him, in the hope that forgetting will make the pain any lesser. Hold onto the memories you cherish, the best times you had with them.

Attached: 1551260381202.jpg (792x545, 55K)

this, give the oportunity to other dog to be happy, as your old dog was, also give that oportunity to yourself, love and protect your next puppy bro.

That's what I wanted to do originally. But he's my dad's dog and he has a very very deep emotional attachment to him.

My dad is one of those old dudes that live by themselves and take their dog everywhere with him. They would hunt together, go on errands together, eat together, sleep together. You name it.

My dad became deluded Rebel could fight off the cancer or it could be proved and refused to give up on him.

Anyway, after the first type of chemo had zero effect, we put him on this pill form chemo called Palladia...which shrunk the tumors and made them rupture and bleed. Then his nose would scab up and pieces would fall off. As long as you could deal with the miss he was comfortable and in no real pain.

Attached: doggo5.png (495x562, 499K)

Sorry man :( that hit me in the feels

And sorry for OP.
Giving my dog a huge hug now

all dogos go to heaven, humans go to hell, I can assure you this bro, i know it

Still bro, fuuuuuuck. Yeah that shit sucks.

Man, I would lay that boy to rest. That doesn’t look good.

he looks like such a sweet doggo

All dog go to heaven.

Yes, they love you like no other.

His tumor is mostly gone but the cancer isn't-- he lost about 50% of his nose from the tissue lost as a result of the chemo killing the cancer cells on his nose, then the dead tissue turning black and falling off. Whenever a big scab fell off it would bleed for hours.

Pictured is how we found him one morning (couch was clean the night before)

I've had relatives die of cancer before, and its even more difficult with dogs. They never yell in pain, they never complain. They have no idea what's wrong with them or why this is happening to them. They just look up at you with their helpless eyes waiting for you to swoop in to fix things like you always do whenever they were sick, hungry, or hurt in the past. It's heartbreaking.

If any of you user's out there dogs get cancer, don't treat it if its terminal. Don't selfishly prolong their lives so you can buy a few more months with them. I would of put him down months ago to avoid this.

He just stopped eating yesterday, and I finally convinced my dad its time to think about putting him out of his misery over the next few days.

Wish me luck faggots

Attached: doggo7.png (900x681, 810K)

When a beloved pet dies, keep their memory alive. They appreciate from whatever blessed
afterlife there is for them.
Good luck, user. Stay with him and your dad until he's fully gone, but allow your dad some time alone with him after he's passed. It helped me with acceptance when my dogs died.

Attached: 1479706158184.jpg (700x933, 52K)

I'm sorry, that's truly awful.

Sorry Yea Forumsro. My dog is the reason I'm holding on. Been with me 24/7 for the last 10 years. Don't know wtf I'm going to do when I lose him.

Watch a movie you like but not in your top ten. Something from pre 2009 preferably. Light movie or comedy. a 7/10.

Repeat for two or three evenings. Watch with someone if possible.

Attached: phroid.jpg (590x853, 92K)

Cry as much as you want. For me, when my cat died, took about 3 days to get over the intense crying. Much like that Ariana Grande song, had no more tears left to cry. Suppressing the urge is a mistake.

I never thought about that, but I will definitely give my dad some alone time with Rebel when the time comes.

thanks for listening user, here's a pic from happier times

Attached: doggo8.png (359x898, 743K)

10/10 dog user, I hope Rebel and my old pups meet in Heaven.
Pic related is probably from around 2009, I lost them both in 2017.

Goodnight Yea Forumsros, always a pleasure.

Attached: IPnMhnu.jpg (317x275, 13K)

Get a puppy, it's the only way and your last dog would want you have a new buddy, for sure.

Attached: KaoruPupper.png (1063x598, 1.13M)

fuck this same shit happened to my dog. Kept puting off taking him in to be put down. Was literally about to leave to the vet. Died in my arms

I hate to say this but get another one.

Yes they did you dumb fuck. They've had that vaccine for years and years. No excuses unless you live in a 3rd world shithole.

Marin Luther said all dogs got to heaven, Cats too, and everything else beside. Heaven is infinite, we all know that, and God wouldn't make all those perfect, innocent and beautiful creature if he didn't mean to enjoy them for eternity

Cute Pupper.
The memories will live in your heart forever, where they belong.

this is uncommonly good advice for grief. For me most recently it was Godzilla (1998) and Evolution.

martin luther was a book burning shitbag

My dog is 10 years old and observably on her last legs, she was my best friend in a very dark time in my childhood, shits gonna hurt man :/

My dog Allie, we were forced to give her away due to financial reasons and this family of a friend took her in, without care the family left a door open and she bolted to the street which a car then ran her over, I feels so guilty for letting that family take her, I feel like I fucking killed her man, life is shit.

Attached: SmartSelect_20181225-234453_Gallery.jpg (615x603, 240K)

her.

Attached: Discord_El47jfZ6Rk.png (506x672, 639K)

>5. Slit your throat and jump off a skyscraper

To everyone in here that may be losing your companion... It will be hard, you will never forget, you will always remember them, always, you might cry from time to time even after months maybe years. You'll never regret have having them in your life, never, that love will always be there.

I love you Buddy 10/2018
You were my best friend for 12 years

is it bad that i cant stop laughing?