Hey, Yea Forums. I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm a 26 year old dude who still lives at home...

Hey, Yea Forums. I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm a 26 year old dude who still lives at home. I still live at home because I can't hold down a job due to health issues. I'm tired of being stagnant, though. Like, I've been getting pretty fuckin' depressed lately about it all. So, I'm thinking about going to college. That way I'll at least be doing something, right? I'm pretty interested in art, and thinking maybe that could be a decent thing to pursue. Is going to art school a waste of time, realistically? I don't really know what to do otherwise. Legit tired of feeling like a failure to myself, peers, and family.
>pic only related because it's art.

Attached: SimonStalenhag9.jpg (1920x1080, 864K)

Would your health issues not hinder you at art school?

A lot of the classes at the local college are able to be done online. So, the majority of the workload would be done in a setting where I can easily take breaks. The actual art classes would be difficult, but I'm optimistic they'd work out. If that makes any sense at all.

Lots of us are going through something similar user stfu

Attached: 1551367812952.jpg (1024x1024, 111K)

Chase that art dream. Art used to be my favorite outlet for releasing emotion. No drug I've ever taken in my life has ever compared to the high I got from creating something from nothing. The pride and rush of endorphins I would get from that was incredible. Unfortunately, I suffered a shitload of health issues a few years later and it robbed me of all of that. Now I'm a chronically depressed drug dealer/user with PTSD and suicidal ideations.

Chase your dream while you can.

Get a job user. Fight your "health issues" and become a functioning member of society

What do you need us for then? Have you considered just taking some basic entry level simple cheap art class instead of going full blown art school? Do you have any good art to show us? I can tell you that any art school that accepts you without seeing your art is not going to be very good.

It means a lot to hear someone say that, even if it's in a shithole like Yea Forums. Sorry about your health issues and PTSD, though. I really hope things look up for you.

Found the faggot who has never faced a real health struggle in his life. Getting a flu or breaking a bone is probably the worst thing that's ever happened to this guy.

It's a community college that accepts just about anyone. I'm from a really small town. The program has good reviews, though. That's why I'd consider it over other stuff. It's around $2k a semester, give or take.

Look man, there are gonna be down times like these, buck up, if you feel art school is gonna push you in the right direction go. We never know where we'll go in life until we go, so pursue it, and don't give on yourself. Now go make your name known user, and quit being a faggot

if it would be no burden in any way to you or your family then why not? But seriously, you should consider actually trying it on your own first to see if its something you should invest any money at all in.

This. If you're not well enough for a basic job you're not well enough to succeed at college (which also requires you to regularly show up on time to places you don't want to be, get told what to do by assholes, and have to finish work you don't want to do by a specific time)

Not a problem, my man. There's love everywhere if you look hard enough for it. My health issues unfortunately aren't going to get any better, the PTSD has lightened up a bit but the jumpiness and nightmares and cold sweats are still there. That's why I'm a drug user now. I don't get any rush from life anymore because of this health shit, so I seek my happiness in things like opiates, benzos, alcohol, etc...

Definitely not the smartest move to make, but I really have nothing left to turn to to generate that feeling of being alive anymore.

Thanks, user. I honestly appreciate the encouragement.

you sound just like my younger brother.

Hopefully he's going to find a way to make things work out, too.

You just need someone to cling to while you step out into adulthood.

That's really good advice.

Realistically, Art will not pay well. If its a hobby, keep it; but try to go into Information Technology or a dying out trade like Pipe Fitting. They will pay more and often have enough time for you to persue art as a pass time.

What exactly are your health issues. Have a buddy who is 28 but just got his life on track after years of opiate chronic pancreatitis and subsequent opiod addiction. If you can get your health on track surely you could make a good start in school/a career.

Not fucking true. Universities nowdays pander to the cripples like fuck, giving them extra time and extra help.

How the fuck that's fair or even the right thing to do it beyond me since it won't be that way in the real world. Would you give me a 3 second head start on the 100m against Mr Bolt just because I'm slower? If you did, what the fuck would that be proving anyway????

It's dumb.