Why does government have to get involved in marriage? In the US specifically, it results in another tax bracket...

Why does government have to get involved in marriage? In the US specifically, it results in another tax bracket. Doesn't this hearken from the days when the woman stayed at home while the man worked, and the break was to help support two people on one income? Why would this ever be a government issue today?

Attached: download.jpg (275x183, 5K)

nobody? or is the board broken again?

It couldn't be more empty or ruined.

no one gives two fucks, sorry

fair enough. thanks for at least responding

Mgtow

Don't like it? Leave it.
Now pay your taxes and obey the state.

Attached: 217434897573.jpg (1600x1027, 227K)

This. Israel needs money.

Good boy.

I always found the concept of marriage in the law stupid.
For the women, it is just there to serve to inflate their ego by giving them a, "special day" all about them being the centre of attention. For men it's a ball and chain, a prison of confirmation of one pussy for life.
The religious things are a combination of vows to god/higher forces and public commitments infront of loved ones. Plaus the union of two families.
For the law, it is nothing at all but a nuisance. We can have common law partners, we can get joint bank account, change our names ect all without marriage.
It's a fuckong sham and just an extension of control.

Zero fucks given

Attached: 1525256608316.png (826x1097, 227K)

lol!!! winning

Government in the United States of America directly benefits from having more people, which affords them more warm bodies to take on more debt to inflate the value of the dollar. This is why it took until the Obama administration for the United States government to acknowledge the concept of a gay marriage, which can never result in offspring. They thought they finally had the DNC hammered home as the One Party Government they'd been working for since 1946.

Providing a financial incentive for reproduction is the sole reason that a lesser tax burden exists for both married people and those who have children. You'd have to be retarded to think otherwise. They could keep importing foreigners, as they've been doing for decades, but those aren't nearly so reliable as born-and-raised citizens that have been taught to trust the system since their parents were taught to do the same.

tl;dr version: marriage tax deductions makes sense from a nationalist perspective, if only because foreigners might still have a motherfucking problem with the government they've moved into

Just another back-assward thing in the US that's being deperately held onto by the increasingly irrelevant flyover state crowd.

I really like these do you have the other 2. Dump them user.

they are citizens. do you not like your own citizens?

>do you not like your own citizens?
No, we should have left those loser ass fuckers succeed. The rest of us would be a lot better off.

>succeed
suceed

For what it's worth, a lot of us think the same about you guys.

Also, it's spelled "secede."

youre a euronav larping
georgia isnt a flyover state
utah is, and was founded long after succession

*eurofag*

hearty chuckle

>For what it's worth, a lot of us think the same about you guys.
I agree. I think the time has come for us to go our own ways. The educated and productive states clearly want a progressive government that works for the people, the rural states clearly want to be left on their own to live in their pretend 1950s Smallville with coal mines religious bigotry.

OP here. Left due to lack of responses. Holy shit. I was only asking for a simple history lesson. This is why I love Yea Forums.

Marriage is a law-binding contract under oath. It needs to be legitimized and enforcedby the law, otherwise people will divorce for no reason and families will be destroyed. This used to be the case until retards started “no-fault” divorces and broke the country apart.

You lack understanding, no law = no fear, no fear = no obedience.

Well that was my thought, why can't it be a private/civil/private contract? What makes it any different from business partners who can opt to violate that contract?

You jest, but seem to fail to realize that the USA covers a ridiculous portion of land and that most other nations only cover about the same area as one of our states. Germany, for instance, is roughly equal to Texas. Michigan is a little larger than the entirety of the United Kingdom. Maryland is as big as the fake nation of Belgium, or the very real nations of Moldova or Switzerland. West Virginia, a state so insignificant that it has a descriptor in front of the name of another state that doesn't have "East" in front of it, is as big as fucking Ireland.

The fact that we've survived as a singular nation to this point is commendable, but continuing to struggle against the natural impulse of nations to only deal with the concerns of the people that comprise them is foolhardy. Making thirty nations out of the North American continent would be in everyone's best interests, most especially the people who live there.

Bingo.

European countries enjoy not only sovereignty, but centuries of cultural homogeneity. The US is a mixing pot, with great diversity. The left's idea of putting one-size-fits-all policies is what creates violence in the country.

Imagine if the EU tried to force universal healthcare across all of their participating nations?

This is what people don't get.

This is also why states in the US were supposed to be sovereign, with a small but effective Federal government to regulate that. Big Federal Government people are either stupid or insane. I'm voting for a 50/50.

Naive isn't necessarily stupid. It's just vainly hoping that its image of a better world will win out over reality and human nature. I respect that kind of hope, but routinely speak against it because my experience has shown me that people will nearly always make decisions that are best for themselves without consideration for strangers, even when shown that it will not hurt them to help others.

Nations are larger tribes, which are larger families, which are larger individuals. When you try to create extended nations like this, you're going to end up with problems, which won't go away until you return to the nation format. God bless anyone who tries to solve this dilemma without violence, because they're in for a terrible lesson.

I only say "stupid" because they are comparing apples to oranges.

The fact is that Europe has modeled their federation in exactly the way that the US had intended, but the US fucked it up. They know their bounds by federating. They allow free movement, they regulate a common currency, they defend themselves together. That's IT.

The US federal government went way beyond all of that, a long time ago. They don't recognize geographical differences, which are completely natural(like in European countries). This is why we have fights. The problem isn't that rednecks can vote or not, it's that they are voting on things that don't concern you, and vice versa.

Again, imagine if the EU was structured this way. What a fucking nightmare that would be.

cause married get you more tax breaks?

but why? why do married people get more tax breaks unless you're back in the 50s with stay-at-home moms pumping out children? is that valid today? that was the question

Do you just make up your version of the past?

because this

Attached: AfterMarriage.jpg (564x564, 90K)

No. I literally asked if someone could help me with my history of the tax break. You have an answer?

wage gap!