I'm sorry about this white boys...does it hurt?

I'm sorry about this white boys...does it hurt?

Attached: algor.png (640x640, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIvezCVcsYs
nytimes.com/2019/04/11/science/katie-bouman-black-hole.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Bouman
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: image (1).jpg (669x1024, 500K)

Good job OP. You’re right. Every time I see her picture plastered on the inter webs I’m reminded how little attention she’s getting. Probably because she’s a queer woman of color.

Isn't it cute that women are so fucking useless that it's noteworthy when one accomplishes something.

Meanwhile, 100 men achieve something as significant each and every day.

Dude, she didnt do anything lol. A man did 94% of the work. 850,000 lines of the 900,000 line algorithm. But thats merely the obvious.

nice b8

That 850,000 bit is a falsehood. Most of Chael's stuff was models and data, not the actual algorithm. The algorithm itself was like 22k lines. He still contributed quite a bit, but not 94%.

Oh damn. Ok, thanks for the update

I just like the black hole

Women can do cool stuff, but I like them better in the kitchen

And what exactly does this have to do with white boys?

Why does a picture require an algorithm?
Why don't they use a telescope or a camera?
They could have just made it all up and no one would be any wiser.
They could have wrote atomic dong in the middle of the black hole and we'd have to accept it.
Because science

Attached: Deeznuts.jpg (462x528, 81K)

This was the media blowing things out of proportion. She only wrote 10% of the code. An accomplishment to be sure, but she didn't write the whole code, or even half the code.

there's actually a really good ted talk on why if your legit interested.

Thanks I'll look it up

I dont get it. Black holes arent new. We've known about them and indirectly observed them for decades. Her image was a computer generated photograph. Its not like it was a picture of an actual black hole. It was a picture of a made up black hole. Might as well be scribbles on paper.

No one said she wrote the code... she wrote the algorithm and it's people reading it that are confusing the two.

And while she only wrote 2000 lines, translating math to code is different than writing the math.

That said, it's still blown up. This was a group effort that goes years back to when she was still at MIT and dozens of other people did just as much in other facets of the project.

Remember the earth is flat and this is another targeted hoax piece.

no dumbass, we had never looked at an actual black hole. We only kind of knew about them through theories. This was not CGI you fucking brainlet, its an actual image from an actual black hole, the first ever.

Of course Bouman wasn't the "single handedly responsibly" for it. She was part of a team of over 200 researchers

A computer pieced together a picture from a lot of data that was taken by sensors that detected electro-magnetic waves bouncing off a source.

Ever heard of a digital camera?

She was the lead researcher and the lead always gets the credit in any study. She designed the algorithm. Most of the 850k lines of code that guy "wrote" was computer generated.

No shot the person who designed and led the project gets the credit instead of the 200 people who did the grunt work.

Imagine being such an insecure little bitch that anytime someone of a different gender or race from you does something cool, you have to lose your shit.

Attached: shitforbrains.jpg (225x225, 6K)

People talk shit and they don't even know how an algorithm is made. They also think that they only used her algoritm. They used like over 300 algorithms, including hers. The program she wrote was a format converter

Attached: 1540379176055-b.gif (640x640, 1.73M)

uhhhhh.... she was NOT the lead researcher...

No because she read books written by white men to learn what she needed to do that.

She was *not* the lead researcher. She led a small team that was translating her algorithm to code. Her algorithm was *not* the "main part" of the project either

Good for her.
Why does everything on here have to become race/gender conflict?

"Led the creation" implies that that was a TEAM working on it, which clearly proves that she was not "single-handedly" responsible for it.

Also, it was men who designed the camera / imaging equipment, all she did according to your picture, was work on a formula to process the image...

Attached: 1551885132600-b.png (922x1390, 195K)

The algorithm she wrote was NOT a format converter at all.

She doesn't have an astrophysics background, she has a background in advanced image processing using machine learning and AI.

Her algorithm was made to piece together all of the 5 PB of data and piece them into a picture that made sense after a 55 million light year journey filled with noise.

Most of the other code used was to sync the data coming from telescopes on opposite sides of the world, tracking the relative positions of the black hole compared to the rotation of the earth, etc.

Format converter my ass

Are you retarded? She was not a leader. The official statement/announcement on the university's website didn't even mention her name.

naw, cause that's some good shit

Yall need to watch this before posting:

youtube.com/watch?v=BIvezCVcsYs

An actually accurate piece of information for you:

> As Dr. Bouman herself was quick to point out, she was by no means solely responsible for the discovery, which was a result of a worldwide collaboration among scientists who worked together to create the image from a network of radio antennas.

The project, led by Shep Doeleman, an astronomer at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, was the work of more than 200 researchers. About 40 of them were women, according to Harvard’s Black Hole Initiative.

The project was led by a male, and 80% of the scientists working on it, were men, per The New York Times...
nytimes.com/2019/04/11/science/katie-bouman-black-hole.html

Attached: bq-5cab7c1b32507.jpg (902x1934, 482K)

Attached: remember.jpg (1024x1462, 246K)

>She was the lead researcher and the lead always gets the credit in any study.

Nope, the leader of the project was Shep Doeleman

Actually the algorithm that she worked on, was not used for the image.

> While she led the development of an algorithm to take a picture of a black hole, an effort that was the subject of a TED Talk she gave in 2016, her colleagues said that technique was not ultimately used to create this particular image.

> Bouman developed an algorithm known as Continuous High-resolution Image Reconstruction using Patch priors, or CHIRP.[20][21] This algorithm was ultimately not used to create the image of the supermassive black hole inside the core of the galaxy Messier 87.[22] An algorithm that was used was the CLEAN algorithm[23] which was introduced by Jan Högbom [Wikidata].[24]

No, she is just claiming the credit, for another person's work.................

Source?

I need to go own some libs

I cannot find a single source saying that they used CLEAN instead of CHIRP

Nice Trips

Wikipedia of course

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Bouman

What? How is this supposed to hurt my feelings?

I mean look at her. WTF else was she gonna do? She can probably smell the black hole with that fuckin jew nose.

cute girls in stem making breakthroughs gives me boners

>she is just claiming the credit, for another person's work.................
translation
>hur dur not one ever publishes with the help of others. They always write the papers/do the research alone
kek

Naggar please

"Single-handedly"
>Contributed only 3% of the code, not even top 3 on the team.
>The main guy did more than 80%

Bitches wanna dream

>(You)r resentment made this post
>All the ways (You) got fucked over by (((them)))
>(You) can't get all the semen out.

My sides hurt.

Mission accomplished OP.

Even if she was the lead researcher - your post is saying that she isn't deserving the credit she is do, while at the same time in this post stating the 200+ people who did the "grunt work" as you call it don't deserve credit.

Bit of a hypocrite.

isn't receiving the credit she is do*

due*
holy fuck.

>Why does everything on here have to become race/gender conflict?
Because some people in the world feel inferior to whites. They then project this feeling into the world and try to say that whites act superior. It's a simple inferiority complex. Sad thing, really.
Human is human. period.

>
>
>due*
>holy fuck.
I'm almost 100% sure it's spelled "doo"

wait
she's a grad student
and she has been working on this since high school
if we assume that means her senior year of high school
she has been working on this for at least 5 years, possibly 7
and in all that time she couldn't be assed to write the code for "her" groundbreaking algorithm
and needed a man who single-handedly wrote 850k of the 900k lines of code
>feminism, giving women credit for the work of men

Attached: clap.gif (420x315, 333K)

People who believe in occupy democrats makes my brain hurt yes. Do you choose to bait, be extraordinary ignorant, or are you just born stupid?

Your ignorance is so bad, your ancestors all wish they’d hadn’t reproduced.

>they’d hadn’t
they had had not

Attached: full retard.jpg (450x373, 42K)

It's actually a image of the light captured behind the black hole. We still can't take an image of an actual black hole.

>
>Your ignorance is so bad, your ancestors all wish they’d hadn’t reproduced.
Wow, nice sentence.
I agree that people who aren't already aware of why this is an important thing need to get their head out of their ass, but you need to learn to write a proper sentence.
Holy shit you sound dumb.

more like the dude who came up with the worldwide radar telescope program that allowed for the collection of the massive data required for the scientists to puzzle out the picture

>
>>they’d hadn’t
>they had had not
talk about ignorance being bad (which makes not sense btw!!)
hadnt haddd hadn handt had had nothad

Attached: 1554995302129.jpg (1024x611, 117K)

Holy crap Occupy Democrats are still making memes or is this just bait from OP?

this!! ^^^^

the mighty quads have spoken

All of those questions have been answered, but you are too lazy to google them. Because science