Ask a male nursing student anything

Ask a male nursing student anything

Attached: the truth.jpg (720x579, 47K)

planning to become a doc?

My gf is an RN, It's a rough field, user. In fact, here's the last text she sent me a few hours ago:

"Holy shit! They had a hell of a day here today! One resident strangled another one & is awaiting transport to psyche services now. Another resident went septic and got sent to hospital half dead (full code). The best new nurse quit over the phone without notice because "it's too much" (it is). And the most recent new nurse quit as well."

Good luck, I'll stick to fixing furnaces.

nah, I considered it right out of high school but I'm 27 now. It would take too long and I've realized I need a good work-life balance, I'd probably kill myself in residency if I tried. I do want to become a Nurse Practitioner though, so I'll kind of fall in the middle.

That sounds accurate, it sounds like she works in a nursing home or long-term care. Which is where a lot of the vacancies are and where more will be created, but it's low-paying, shitty (literally), low prestige, and staffing is usually low. These homes will have brochures for investors bragging how they can make so much money, but the implication is they cut staffing severely. One nurse doing meds for 30 patients and so on.

States are gradually starting to implement laws that set maximum limits on patient load which will improve things immensely, both from the nurse workload perspective and outcomes. Props to your gf, I couldn't do her job.

Yep, she's at a long term care kind of place and around here at least, they pay a lot more than anywhere else. The staffing is brutal for sure though. She's on nights now because a nurse left a narc on the counter and it came up missing, had the cops there and everything and she was fired on the spot. She tried the local hospital for a while, but didn't like the atmosphere or the extremely short term interactions with the patients. She likes the home and has been there for years.

well that's refreshing to hear. The pay being good is surprising but there are exceptions of course, it might just be my area where the market is saturated from all the nursing programs in the area where long-term care can get away with paying less because everyone wants jobs at the hospitals.

I can understand the problem with the hospital interactions.Even as a student with only 2-3 patients there are days where you feel like you don't know shit about your patient and you're just keeping them stable till the next shift, the staff who do this with 5-7 patients hardly have 10 minutes to actually talk with their patient about shit that isn't vital to their care.

Part of why I want to be a (mental health) Nurse Practitioner is to have that longer relationship with the patients, and to help improve their situation rather than just keep them alive/content till my replacement comes in hours later.

How many times a month do you have to pull a foreign object out of someone's ass?

I haven't had any time in the ER so none yet, I hear you get a few of those a week in the ER but since you're only working 3-4 12 hour shifts and theres several nurses on staff you probably get one of those patients every month or two would be my guess. Odd cases are the best, I love my psych rotation because it's always really weird which is much better than generic patients.

Like this month I was talking with a patient about controlling his anger, I teach him to visualize and escape to his "happy place". He describes a personal kingdom of heaven, then tells me that it's going to merge with our reality in 2022. Other insights he had are that water cleans the soul because it's invisible, it can wash away all your sins so he recommends showering 5 times per day

My boyfriend cums too soon. What can we do?

Not OP, but give him a couple drinks first. Works wonders.

if im a neet, should i become a nurse? is it expensive to be certified?

>If I get an erection during a penis inspection, is it OK.
I really don't find it sexual experience.

Gratz on the nursing. I hope you graduate soon.
I’m retired from nursing.

Having him cum a while before having sex will make it take longer to cum prior.

Also along the lines of whatsays some drugs make it harder to ejaculate. alcohol, and stimulants will both work. Though I can't say that doing drugs is a great solution lol

I’m not Op but I took care of a patient who had to have a Hugh bottle of tobascoe surgically removed from his ass.

Depends how severely you're "NEEThood" runs. If you can function socially then you could make it work, if you have certain personality disorders (avoidant, shizotypal) it may be pretty hard, but you know yourself better than I.

As far as the expense, it's quite cheap. Do it at a community college, it's a 2 year program. Lots of state works agencies will pay for nursing school as it's a virtually guaranteed job. You can do it for under 10k easy, especially if you pirate/rent/skip buying books. Most employers make you eventually get a 4 year program, DO NOT get a bachelors first, get the cheap 2 year program so you can work and not pay university tuition, then afterwards you do a 1 year RN to BSN program and you're all set, have work experience, and did it for a fraction of the cost of getting the BSN before working.

Nursing is a big field, you can do a lot with it, so if you're already considering it chances are there's some role out there that would be up your ally.

I'm getting my NP in August. Highly recommended, user

Thanks. About to be done with my first year in 3 weeks. I'm hoping to get a nurse tech/extern job this summer and start getting some practical experience and a glimpse of that nursing money.

Gratz on that a non.

I'm a male ER Nurse. Best job I ever had. Also started at 30/hr with just an associates. I've since gotten my BSN and moved farther north and currently make 37/hr without differentials.

Have you renegotiated your payments to actual money instead of bottles of cum yet? Foamy faggot. Kys

Keep up the good work. You will be needed.
Get some floor experience as an Rn but then specialize.
My wife is still in nursing she works in Oncology now.

if I could sell a "bottle of cum" at the rate semen donors are compensated I think that would be more lucrative than a standard nursing wage.. You know anyone with that compensation plan? ;)

pussies. get the money!!