I sell cars, AMA

I sell cars, AMA

Attached: A136C1E8-C865-4543-8BA1-A0E142741B34.jpg (1000x732, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNANWs2KLj4
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Used_Car_Salesman/Salary
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Attorney_/_Lawyer/Salary
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How many you sold?

1. What is your commission?
2. What percentage of co-workers smoke?
3. When did you start this job?

Since when?

F

Attached: j4tzwZz.jpg (1280x960, 152K)

New or used?

FUCK OFF NORMALFAG

Attached: Guerrero-Execution-4.jpg (640x705, 66K)

Attached: p2.png (352x264, 180K)

I’ve been selling for 4 years. I’m the only smoker on the sales team. I get 30% of the gross after pack

Used mostly

What question is extremely non-obvious but should be asked in this thread?

just like ur mum gotem boatch

Lol

Tell me the secret to getting a deal on a new car. How much can I realistically negotiate down from the white sticker price on the window?

Not sure... most people want to know if they’re getting a good deal, but a good deal is relative.

What's the best way to get the lowest price when I buy a car?

Is being relative acutally relative to "relative" or like really RELATIVE or just simply relative if you know what I mean?

What's more important in cheap used vehicles: mileage or age of the car?

Check truecar.com. They give sale prices on the vehicle you’re looking at in your area. Don’t expect to get the lowest price shown. That’s usually the owners kid buying a car or something like that. Try to be within 15% of the lowest sale price shown.

No, a good deal is relative to how bad you want the car. A good deal is in the eye of the buyer

Miles don’t scare me. I drive a 2007 Subaru with 187k miles. Rubber parts start degrading with time.

Also, if you leave the lot without buying then they did give you their best price. If you still like the car after you leave the lot, turn around and buy it. I don’t let seals fall apart over the price. I will walk you down to the bottom before you leave.

What year did Mazda get good?

Will you give me a good deal

Still not good

Stop being cheap and buy a honda

No, but you’ll think I did

But thats mean

What should I look for when buying a car as far as red flags? Will a car last me even if it has high mileage?

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus with 65k miles on it and some suspension issues, and I’m wondering if I can get a lot of life outta this if I get it fixed or if I should just get a new used car.

The car isn’t worth more than $1000 trade in. I’m not a fan of fixing old dodges. Sorry, they just aren’t made well. You need a mechanics opinion on the overall condition of the car. If $500-$1000 will make it right and a mechanic doesn’t think there’s any other issues, maybe fix it. Most of the time though at that age if it needs anything more than $500, buy something else.

No it’s not. You’ll think you got the best deal, and you really will believe that. And I get to feed my kids.

Profit isn’t a bad word

Do you ever use the "up to?" line?

Like when a customer tells you they can only afford a 300/mo payment at most do you come back with,

"300 dollars up to?"

I hear that or see the four-square come out, I walk.

Yup. All the time. If you walk over that you’re a cock

Maybe, but I actually know the games you all play.

They aren’t games. They are very specific questions to find out if you really like the vehicle and if you can afford it. I use that line less on the payment, and more on the down payment. Keep in mind, buyers are liars. When your 740 credit score comes back at 610, I need to know what I’m working with.

Why would a customer tell a dealer how much he's looking to spend.

This is like playing poker and not hiding your cards.
Never tell the dealer what you want to spend.
Never tell the dealer how you plan to pay.
Never tell the dealer about a trade in.
Never give the dealer your license to run credit.

The only time you give the dealer this information is AFTER you negotiate a price.
If they're unwilling to talk price before this is given, walk.
If you tell them you're financing, they'll know they can take you to the cleaners.
If you tell them you're trading something in, they'll know they can inflate the trade in value to manipulate you.
If they know your budget they can push up to that price point.

These people are trying to get as much money out of you as possible, why would you tell them everything they need to know to do the best job at that they can? It's stupid.

Plus, if you know all about our “games”, then why act like a baby and storm out. Most smart people use their knowledge to their advantage. If you don’t buy the car you want, then nobody wins. Including you!

Truecar is a consumer tool but it also works for dealers by driving potential buyers to the dealership. Once there, there is no guarantee dealers will honor what truecar says. Also, Truecar is worthless for insight on what amount auto manufacturers negotiate for dealer holdback for each vehicle sold. Dealer holdback is the key to a deal but that info is hidden from consumers.

They actually ARE games. And some people, like me, know how they are played.

The 'up to?' line is an attempt to get the customer to agree to a higher payment than what they determined without your manipulation they can actually afford given their income and expenses.

The four square. when you go talk you your 'sales manager' and it comes back all marked up with a big "GREAT DEAL!!" written in red sharpie, is another form of manipulation.

I agree with you on the credit score but don't insult people's intelligence by claiming all of these tools are not specifically designed for one purpose, to get you the biggest commission you can squeeze out of a sale. And that includes your "extended warranty" and "undercoating" BS.

Zero down in the 600 score looking used BMW ?

That needs to be cropped and made into a reaction pic

I rarely negotiate price on used vehicles. If you won’t talk to me I’ll walk your ass to the door so fast. Yes, I am trying to get as much as I can out of you. Are you any better than me? You’re trying to get every dollar off you can. Shitty attitudes like this get you nowhere. You miss the car you want because you’re an argumentative cock. I won’t lose a deal over price when possible, but I’ll walk a cocksucker out the front door as fast as I can run

MOST people don't do this, however. That's my point.

but not letting the car dealer win is better then buying a car you want, sometimes.
spite is a win in itself, sometimes

Don’t insult people’s intelligence? What planet are you on? Most people are fucking retarded.

you seem like you take this personally, and i suspect that makes you a shite person.
true?

You're likely not selling anything special.
If you refuse to play until the customer shows their hand, then you're going to thrive off of rubes.
You just literally played the jew card. You cried out as you stabbed me. You refuse to play on a level field because you think I'm a bad person for not wanting to over pay.
But you fail to see that you're a bad person because you want to make me over pay.
You as a dealer have a margin to work on. You know what you paid, you know what you need out of the vehicle. Me not sharing my finances with you upfront doesn't change that. You hold the upper hand either way. Walk customers out and you'll lose your job fast. It's very hard being a used car salesman.

That’s a petty way of thinking and it’ll hurt you more than me. I will sell the car, whether it’s to you or someone else

Nope, all business and it serves me well

what does that mean, "after pack?"

>Most people are fucking retarded.
Fair point

Look at this guy.

Tell me what you paid for the car then. And I'll tell you how I plan to pay and what I was looking to pay.
We can come to a nice middle ground right?

But then it will break and i will have to bring it back

Let’s say we have $10k in a car. I sell it for $14k. There is usually a 350-750 pack that goes on top of the $10 before I get my 30%

Whats the best way to get a good deal op? How can I show a salesman that I’m not looking to be ripped off?

What car should I buy?

I don’t ever say what I have in a car. It’s none of your business. The cars value is determined by the market. If it’s too much I’ll show you something more affordable

What about it?

The one you love!

seriously, that's how it should be done...
cost plus a little profit for the dealer, everything transparent.
the negotiation makes everybody hate each other.

Is it better to pay cash or finance? Would I get a better deal paying cash up front or do you not care either way?

Most reputable dealers don’t rip people off. Get the internet price, ask for $300 off that price. If you get it that’s great! If not, buy it at the internet price. The internet demands that I’m competitive, or I don’t sell cars

I’m not a car person.
They have 4 wheels and an engine.
I need to get from a to b.
Fuel economy vs affordability is my primary concern

yeah, this dude takes his job too seriously, seems to like fucking people over and is definitely a bad person.
just sell people cars at a fair price.
stop trying to fuck everybody

If I bought a car on trade for $5k, and it’s market value is $15k, why should I sell it to you for less than $15k? I don’t need to share my good fortune with you. Why would I?

Not OP but the best way to get a good deal is to k ow the car you want beforehand. Go to a few Banks and get pre-approved on a loan on car you want. Then go to dealer with vehicle you want and use KBB, nada and true car to determine a fair price with the dealer/sales person. Be willing to walk of they don't deal. When the take you to finance explain you have loan already at the apr you then let them get you a better apr. Don't get gap unless you're severely upside down in the vehicle because of a trade. Don't pay the doc fee.

I never sell a car for anything above a fair price.

Because its a piece of shit that breaks

Profit is theft

my girlfriend's dad has been a used car salesman in Reno and Stockton and Sacramento for thirty years and he's the definition of the lifestyle, a real sleazebag.
whenever he is on the other end and he's buying a car he's start negotiations by saying "don't jack me around, jack" and that seems to be some kind of car dealer code to keep everybody honest.
try that.

Not based on this thread. You sound like you're full of contempt for anyone with even a remote ability to haggle or pre plan purchase. You even said you'd walk out customers who have done research and know going rates and expected margins.

>I don’t ever say what I have in a car. It’s none of your business. The cars value is determined by the market. If it’s too much I’ll show you something more affordable
Exactly.
That's my point peabrain.
Unless you're working at a no negotiation dealer like CarMax, you are expecting people to tell you what is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. It doesn't matter how a customer is planning to pay, or what their budget ceiling is, or even what they're looking to pay, monthly or in total. If I walk onto a dealer and say I'm looking for X car, don't lead with "what were you looking to spend" or "What's your monthly budget?". Because it's literally none of your business you fucking half blind nigger.

this

>I’ll walk your ass to the door so fast
This just tells me you're a faggot selling shit cars using an old abandoned gas station as your place of business.

What are questions I should ask my dealer? Buying a car soon and dont want to get ripped off

Most of what you said here is wrong. Do research the vehicle and what they are selling for. Dealers deal with many banks and can usually get a better rate than you. KBB is shit and always has been. Nada a true car are better. If you aren’t going to have 20% equity buy gap

You're just a sad little chode is all. Enjoy your shit job, trying to con retards out of a couple hundred.

And you will die poor

He's not really wrong. Do you ask best buy what they have in the HDMI cable or shitty computer. It's just we're conditioned to try to get best deal from dealership and they like it because for every 1 hard ass there's 10 that aren't. If you're new you'll waste your time with the hard ass because you don't know better. The thing is the hard ass will be sad with their car no matter where as the person that pays above market value will come back over and over again to buy more cars from you.

What’d you make in commision last month?

Scumbags are being removed from the industry. The internet forces us to be honest. It’s a good thing

But happy

Your "good fortune" was you fucking someone secretly. But that's not relevant. No one says a dealer shouldn't make a profit. Anyone trading in a used car accepts that.
Also, if you say you got it for $5k and it's market value is $15k, that won't change when you tell the customer what you paid.
But when you ask $20k for it, and tell the customer you can't go a cent under 19.5 when you see they aren't trading in anything and are planning on paying credit through your lenders, you're a scumbag.
If the price is changing based on what I'm bringing, you're a scumbag.

Major Ford dealer

then i will approach the owner of your dealership and let him know how bad he is at hiring salesmen. Do your job faggot not like its any effort your literally doing a fagoot job no stress nothing

Is there a specific race that tends to have worse credit than another

Or one race that tends to haggle more than another

GENERAL LIFE LESSON:
anybody who finances a car is a fucking idiot sucker
anybody who pays more then $3,500 for a car is a fucking idiot sucker.
if you can't buy a $3,500 car straight cash every seven or eight years, ride a fucking bicycle and stop getting taken by the banks and assholes like this.
thank you, carry on.

I enjoy my awesome job helping people and making over 100k/year

Best Buy isn't a negotiable environment.

Car dealers are. I don't like negotiating, but if you don't like negotiating in a negotiation sale, you're going to get boned. Because prices are intentionally set 10-20% high in those circumstances.

Im not OP but I am a car dealer. It amazes me how we are the only business that is not supposed to make money. If you look at it in terms of percentages your clothes are marked up 100% restaurants and bars are marked up about 400% but none of you clowns accuse them of being crooks

blacks
jews
i'm not car dealer user but everybody knows that.
also, chinese are shit to negotiate with, but they don't really drive much

YOU ARE NOT HELPING PEOPLE
/bait

If you only have a few dealerships to choose from sure, but is the person knows the car they want then they can just find the dealers that have them. I agree they can get better apr but if you go in with an apr you're pre approved for then they won't add points above that. KBB is shit but dealership also use it so I try to get 2 to 3 sources. If i had black book access then I'd use that.

Owner hears it all the time. That means I’m doing my job well

Just wanted to hear it again... Thanks user

what do you drive?
How many cars have you owned?
Do you consider yourself a car guy or is it just a job?

You may sell the car but it won't be to me. You just lose a potential sale and I go to another dealer.

true. this is why the world is the way it is. appreciate the honesty. u might have a faggot job but ur honest

Nada is what every lender uses

Says someone who has someone else paying the bills

I agree you want to be educated, but don’t let a bunch of banks run your credit before you come in. It’ll kill your score by the time you find the right car

I’m a salesman.

Totally agree. It really always did amaze me that dealers continue to allow this to happen. I think the issue is how dealers buy cars with hi interest loans so they're incentiviesed to move them off the lot which means trading with other dealers and taking bad deals to avoid the bank charges. Its really the banks fault that car buying is such a hassle.

Chefs add value through their labor by preparing the food.
Bars are a social hub.

What value or service do you provide, other than simply being a middle man increasing the cost of the commodity?

Not OP, but every shithead who threatens about losing a sale can scram. 1 thing you learn is that you dont want to sell everyone. Some people are problems

This. When those motherfuckers pull that shit out, tell them they fucked up, tell the sales manager the same thing then walk the fuck out.

you know, i traveled all around the world a few years ago and with A-rabs and Chinamen you haggle over everything.
it made buying things fun and i kinda miss it now that i'm back in the States.
that said, who wants to live like a fucking A-rab or a Chinaman?
this is a white man's country and we should act with a certain amount of decency towards each other.
/pol

I'm not saying a bunch, you can have two banks run your credit and it won't hit your credit much. You can also get pre-approved without running your credit at lot if banks but you may end up paying more than you expect if the dealer can't get you a better apr

I have a great job. I wouldn’t want the job before the internet. I’ve never lied to a customer. Like I said the internet keeps us honest. Old timers were liars. They’re being pushed out of the industry. Btw, the public needs us. That’s why we sell so many cars. People want the convenience and are willing to pay for it

I’m 40 and run a charity.

Thank you for being retarded.
Do you require assistance?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNANWs2KLj4

What do you listen to in the car?

We recondition the cars. The right dealers have good cars that you can trust so you dont get hosed. We also provide financing and a nice place to view many different cars at once

>trust
>a second hand car salesman
Pick one faggot

the dick sucker's club?

Vsause has a good video on moral licensing... Not saying you feel moral in one area of your life so are shitty in another... Just saying...

Whatever dick. I own the place and most of my customers are repeats and love us. I literally get christmas cards and cookies from a bunch of customers

Youre a godam ed liar. Youd suck nigger cock to move that used shit off the lot. Sbut you lying faggot mouth.

Reselling cars actually requires a high degree of integrity and thick skin. Most of the time you're dealing with people's finances and are an integral part of them being able to improve their life.

Chinks and rabs do the same shit here. I won’t even talk to them. They are shit people. Indians too

>I own the place
Arab detected

you don't believe that and you know it!
now you're saying things just to say things

I make over $100k a year. I don’t need any single persons business.

You sell too?

Im white as they come bro.

What do you sell?

Every buy here pay here in the nation proves you wrong

I remember guys like you when I bought my new car. Guess what. You guys simply didn’t make a sale. I still bought the car.

Pro tip: if they’re acting like you’re being unreasonable you’re getting screwed

If they’re acting like you’re a complete asshole you’re in the ballpark for a reasonable deal

I used to sell at a Honda dealer. When chinks, Arabs, or Indians would walk through the door 80% of the sales team would run and hide until someone who wasn’t paying attention got stuck with them. It was funny as hell

I hear you. When I worked for someone else this jerkoff threatened the owner that he would walk out. The owner said I dont give a shit, in 10 minutes another asshole will walk in and take your place.

Very funny

And you probably got a worse deal.

How is that charitable. People like sucking dick and people like getting dick sucked.

>worse deal
>cheapest among several dealers
Pick one faggot.

Used cars at a Ford dealer

NEVER get the undercoating.

Attached: 57tTxqL.jpg (1038x566, 119K)

How big are your tits and penis?

I am acting entirely appropriately for a 4 chan exchange faggot.

Profit is theft.
Acquisition beyond Maslows hierarchy of needs is moral degeneracy.

You have no clue if you got a good deal or not. You’re my favorite kind of customer. I can manipulate people like you so easily.

And I'll buy a car, whether from you or somebody else.

Your buying a warrant when you buy this product. Depending on your location and how long you’ll keep the car it may be a good buy. I sold a lot of rust paint and fab protection when I sold new cars. I mean a fucking lot

While I agree about the internet price, the part about not getting ripped off is bullshit. The whole goal of a commissioned salesman is to rip people off. You want to get the buyer to go for as high a price as possible. If they'll pay an unfair price, then that's their problem. All that "I need to talk to my manager" bullshit is just for show to drive sympathy for the poor sales guy. Of course, they never want to talk about the final price. It's always about what you can afford each month. Then you pass them off to the guy who's going to try and sell warranties and service packages for 5x what they are worth. It's all a scam.

If you want my car you’ll buy it. And you’ll pay what I ask, because I can show you that my price is good. If you can’t justify the price you don’t belong in sales

>Kanata Ford

Attached: 1453483649889.png (293x318, 231K)

>take advantage of me by meeting a price the last jagoff refused to and instead “walked me out the door”
Explain to me exactly how this works faggot. Maybe you use some weird math I’m not aware of where less is actually more.

Would like to see this answer...

What I normally do is ask that the sticker price be the final price that I pay.

Is that a decent tactic?

Are you a faggot?

I’m very upfront about the price. I assume everyone has seen the internet price. I’ve never ripped anyone off. I sell cars at a fair price. If they buy a piece of shit, that’s on them. It’s not my job to talk people out of buying a car.

not a car salesman at all but the answer is cash.
see

We prefer you finance. We make back end money off the financing. Cash does nothing for you

Wrong

>commie

Attached: 1517269125327.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

t. Tony’s Garage and Wrecking Service

>Owner happy you are making customers angry.

Yeah, then he is a moron, too. Or you are lying anonymously on a Chinese flax-weaving forum.

No, married. Wife is hot. I post her nudes on here regularly. You guys love her. You guys tell me every time I post her.

Waiting

That means I’m working the deal and not letting them go without a fight. Owners love this. Universally

6” cock. It gets the job done.

How big are your tits?

>I own the place

So it was not you that posted above about how the owner thinks you're doing a great job when you run people off the lot?

Dealers make money off financing, so typically they’re Moreno likely to give you a better deal if you finance. Cash is a pain in the ass, but they can fudge some paperwork and save on some taxes, if they get caught they’re fucked so a smart dealer won’t do it. Finance or bank draft.

You can't have a used car market without new cars. Stop saying dumb things.

what kind of normie reddit bulshit thread is this?

Attached: 1554687781961.jpg (960x960, 237K)

Very rarely will you get a better deal for financing, but it does happen. I love cash and never cheat on the taxes

Fuck me, is there really a poster on Yea Forums who does not recognize a quote from the immortal Ron Cadillac? Have we really fallen so far?

PS: Your having sold a lot of something says nothing about whether it is a good idea to buy it. As you pointed out previously (assuming there is only one smarmy car salesman in this thread), a lot of people are dumb.

Yeah, you have the only 2014 Whatever in the country. I must buy from you, or simply learn how to ride a scooter.

Prices on rpf products is going up. This is due to a higher than expected claim rate. People get their money’s worth.

>Cash does nothing
>We get more money from you if you finance

O-kaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy...

I have just figured out that this guy is doing a pretty good ass-hat used car salesman impersonation. He has the cliche insecure dick-wad personality down pat.

It’s an emotional buy. Rarely do I sell a car to someone that needs a car. When people fall in love with something their emotions take over and then I have a sale. You might think you’re a robot, but there’s nothing special about you. In fact, you seem kinda dumb. I could sell you a car before you knew what happened. Lol

You disagree?

Nope. I sell cars.

Bit I can have a wonderful used car market if I never buy a new car. Other people doing something dumb that I cannot prevent is too bad for them, but I'm not paying X for a new car that is instantly worth 1/2X when I drive two feet off the lot. Especially when I can get a car that meets my needs for 1/10X.

Of course, some people like the emotional boost of owning a NEW CARRRRR!!!!! They can decide for themselves how much that feeling is worth to them. I just want to get my tired old carcass and my stuff from here to there/

It’s been a while since I’ve watched archer. I get it and it’s very funny. Lol

Ha, ok, whatever you say, Honest Salesman.

If I plan to drive the car for the entirety of its life, I'd buying new ok?

Probably not, I run 'em into the ground before buying, and don't give much of a shit what I tool around in, as long as it can haul my gear.

Besides, if your personality is what it seems to be n this thread, I'd not talk to you for more than a few minutes, anyway. You may make a lot of sales, but you'd rub me the wrong way. Fortunately for you, as you say, somebody else will be along shortly.

>Owner sees you had an unreasonable customer and didn’t take a shit offer

Yeah, the owner is gonna he happy. Happens all the time.

You know who gets the best deals? Repeat customers who become friends with their salespeople. I’ll give a guy who treats me like a human being a way better deal than someone who wants to fight me over price.

Here’s the thing with dealers, most of them don’t make much off sales. The profit is in the service dept. if the sales dept makes enough to break even they’re happy. It’s all about driving business to the service dept where they charge $80-90/hr for a tech who makes $20/hr to work on your vehicle.

If you get more of my money when I finance, yeah, I disagree. If you think that what you get extra "on the back end" is not ultimately coming from me, you need to read up on economics.

I still think you’ll get better value out of a slightly used car. Even if you’re A plan with Ford, I can sell you a used equivalent with a few thousand miles on it for a much better price.

Of course, don't know how I could have doubted you.

Thoughts on 90s f150s? Got one junker I need to get rid of. Wondering if people actually buy shitty Ford trucks

Don't ask me, I'm not the salesman guy.

I put on the smiles for the customer. All of use talk about customers for being the assholes they are after they leave. If your a nice person we note that as well

>You know who gets the best deals? Repeat customers who become friends with their salespeople.

Nope, it's repeat customers that become friends with the owner and never talk to a salesperson.

You do sell cars! This guy is legit. I can tell by the way he talks and how he knows we’re the money is made

Unless the dealer is trying to cheat on the taxes cash doesn’t work any better than financing, and yes dealers make a little extra on kickbacks from the bank.

Oh yes it is. The bank doesn’t print the money they give us lol. You absolutely pay that. Learn economics buddy

Do you wear the traditional Used Car Salesman's incredibly ugly suit? If I come in, will you likely be chomping on a cigar? How many times a day do you use the term "little lady," on average?

Attached: Matilda-Worst-Used-Car-Salesmen-Harry-Wormwood-760x429.jpg (760x429, 82K)

And where does the bank recover that little extra?

Hint: They don't print it in the basement.

>Oh yes it is. The bank doesn’t print the money they give us lol. You absolutely pay that. Learn economics buddy

That's exactly what I said, is reading hard for you?

i don't give a shit if i'm a millionaire, paying more then $3,500 for a car is for fucking suckers.
i'd rather drive a 20 year old Volvo then be somebody's sucker.

I wish. I love that outfit. YouTube the car badger. Funniest ads in car sales. Gonna get me a sale today. Mehmmm

Misread. Sorry, selling a car lol

The bank gets money from you by charging interest. Banks give kickbacks to incentivize dealers to use them. Higher interest=higher kickback. So if anything fight the dealer on the interest rate. You’d be surprised how much you can save on cost of interest.

When you first meet a salesnigg ask them if they want to die to level the playing field

Also lack of pics here

Attached: 1554881402273m.jpg (1024x805, 129K)

Lots of cars out there. I've never bought from the stealership myself. Got my Acura off Craigslist. :)

Hey goym u r nigger

No. Different guy

How fucking old are you?

In some cases. If the dealer is using a credit union the rate is fixed

I personally buy in the private market as well. I know enough to be comfortable that I’m making a good decision.

The car industry is an industry built on screwing people and everyone in it knows that. People wouldn't be unreasonable with you if getting fucked on one of the biggest financial decisions a person makes (something you've admitted to doing over being petty) wasn't par for the course.

>You know who gets the best deals? Repeat customers who become friends with their salespeople. I’ll give a guy who treats me like a human being a way better deal than someone who wants to fight me over price.
Who the fuck has the time to get to know a salesperson enough to be 'friends'? Repeat customers? Do you mean idiots who buy and trade in new cars so often that it keeps your lot fully stocked with newish vehicles to pawn off on the next guy?

Honestly, I despise that I even have to talk to you. I just want to go in, look at the car, and make my decision. I have no desire to be 'sold' a car and most people are the same. Thankfully, I use a paid service when I buy vehicles so I don't need to deal with any of you slimy high-school dropouts. I come in and test drive and make a point to never speak to any of you.
>Even if you’re A plan with Ford,
A plan is never a deal and you know it. Negotiated price is always lower.
I've found ford dealers to be especially nasty.
Or you could finance through a bank that isn't affiliated with a car dealer.

Repeat customers? Dude. These people are tired of buying your rusty shit that falls apart forcing them to buy another from your crack establishment

We never negotiate under A plan. No one does.

And if you’re not A plan, you won’t even get that price. You don’t deserve it.

Why not just buy a car off Craigslist around KBB value like I did?

>Make sure pics are from a nice neighborhood
>Ask if it can be inspected
>Pay cash

That is false.
>Deserve
By what, knowing someone vaguely affiliated with Ford?

You paid too much if you paid kbb numbers sorry. They are the most inaccurate of all the online books

It helps to have family in the business who know cars too. I bought an $8500 car taxes and all with cash, and it has given me zero problems for nine months.

It is not false. I do this for a living, and A plan is for employees only. If you’re not an employee you don’t get it.

May god bear mercy for your soul

I got my car at KBB, with brand new tires from a guy whose company financed all the maintenance ever done on it. So far its been worth it.

It does, but I never go into a deal with bad intentions.

Oh my

Why?

Yes you do. That's called X plan you mongoloid. You can use your A plan for friends and family.

False.
The fuck you don't. On shit cars like Fiestas A plan only comes out to be like $2k and dealers will knock off more than that to move vehicles.

I feel dirty reading this thread.

A and X plan are for employees and immediate family. Extended family and friend get Z plan. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

>not posting THE quintessential used car movie
You had one job

Attached: FBB5AF62-A5DD-4F4D-9FCA-7D69B0746A31.jpg (769x371, 41K)

I really don't get car salesmen. Your job is to convince people to make poor financial decisions they often really can't afford. If the industry wasn't like that, the world wouldn't be full of dealership advice. Why aren't car dealerships up front?

Lol, there’s not $2k in profit on a fiesta at sticker. You don’t no what you’re talking about.

What is AMA?
>inb4 newfaggot.

I'm not a Ford employee and I've used my Cousin's boyfriend's A plan to buy 3 vehicles over the course of about 8 years.

This guy knows about pre lemon law humor.

No you didn’t. You think you did. You got Z plan. Unless your cousin co-signed

>cousins bf
>over the period of 8 years
Why is that hoe not married?

I never try to sell someone a car they can’t afford. What are you talking about?

Ask me anything

Yes, I did. I was with him when he generated the codes.

I make more money off cars under $10k then any other price range on average

Extended warranty is nice tho. Went from 3 years to 7 years for my Hellcat. Already paid for itself, they gonna change the Supercharger under that warranty, it's like 18k.

Nope, you’re confused

Do you like horse dick?
Dont answer

Huh. Weird. Every dealership in my area must be selling them at one hell of a loss, then.

There is more than $3k difference between dealers on identical models on in my area.

That’s because it’s a Chrysler product lol. I do like warranties if you keep your cars past warranty. If you guys only take one thing from this thread let it be this. Lease Chrysler products. Never buy them new and rarely buy them used. Chrysler’s are junk made to last a few years.

see
then

If you’re really shopping fiesta pricing then you’re proving my point. You’re not very smart and you have no idea what you’re talking about

No other probs with my Cat other than the supercharger (which is super common for my model years). Just don't buy a cheap Chrysler I guess.

It was an example. I have the ability to google the price of cars in my area without the intention of buying one, you know.

You seem very frugal. And very angry.

I imagine your passing will involve a rat chewed, mummified corpse, in a house filled with stacks of cut coupons and tea bags used and reused. The coroner will definitely have to wind his way through five foot high stacks of newspapers and endless bags filled with aluminum cans.

Oh sure. They’ll find the checkbook with all the zeros in the balance but..... will it all be worth it friend?

>what are you talking about
Life experience maybe?

How do you feel about being a full-time liar and not being as successful (by way more than a fucking mile) as a lawyer?

The monthly payment depends on various factors. Money down, trade value, rate, term, and more. The point of the question is to make sure that if the stars don’t line up perfectly we’re not wasting time on a car that’s out of the customers price range. I get a limited amount of time with a customer. I don’t want to waste that time talking about a car that’s out of their price range. Customers almost never know what car they can afford. I need to show them a car that is affordable to them. If not they lose interest quickly and I won’t have a chance to show them the car they can afford.

He looks sad.

It's pretty common for millionaires to drive cheap vehicles. Generally, those who are good with money know that cars are easily one of the most detrimental scams the average person can fall into.

Sorry you decided to buy a car out of your ability to pay. Most salesmen try to avoid this from happening

You think a lawyer is more reputable than a salesman?
Lawyers are the buggest crooks and liars on the planet

Draw out that term, crank up that interest, lower that payment, get a customer to pay an extra $15k on a $20000 car. That's the spirit.
Every single time I get upsold on a more expensive vehicle. I do not reveal if it's out of my price range and if I do, I'm lying.

>Reading comprehension
They were saying you're a crook and a liar and lawyers do that and make more money.

If that’s what it takes to put you in the vehicle you want, then I’m on board. You make the decision, not me.

It’s funny how people are responsible for their own decisions unless buying a car. You’re a weak person. Man up

At no point did I say I bought the upsold vehicle. I just said it was tried.

Most lawyers dont make much dumbfuck.

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Used_Car_Salesman/Salary
$41,000
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Attorney_/_Lawyer/Salary
$82,700
Nice try.

When someone who actually knows a shit ton about cars comes to buy one, you still try to lie to them to try and sell one?

If you’re buying a car, or in my case, a motorcycle. There’s usually at least a few hours of face to face. If you’re not a raging cunt I always try to make small talk or get to know you, you’d be surprised how easy it is to make friends when you’re not being a dick.

I’m an expert at what I do. I’ve been riding longer and at a higher level than 99% of my customers with a long race resume. I know more about it than you. If a customer is smart, they’ll listen when I tell them one bike will suit them better than another. My commission is capped, a lot of salespeople’s are. I have zero motivation to screw over a customer. The internet exists, customers would find out and wouldn’t be your customers any more.

Im not OP. Im the guy who owns a dealership. Readong this thread makes me understand why most of us in the industry hates the general public.
You smartasses think we shouldnt make a cent and kiss your ass because you are buying a car.

Sorry you think my experience of having salesman attempt to sell me a car I can’t afford means I fell for it.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying ALL car salesman do it but the incredulity of the post I responded to that it happens and car salesman do it is ridiculous.

It’s like a loan officer pre 2009 acting like they’ve never heard of putting people in houses that can’t afford.

Give me a break.

I’ve never lied to a customer. If I don’t know the answer to a question I tell them that I don’t know the answer. Liars don’t last long in car sales

You’re retarded

Cry more

>readong
What was wrong with the initial dong?

Lol, these people are kinda the reason it’s hard for salesmen to view the customer with empathy. I never lie to customers and 99% of the people that sit at my desk leave happy. Even if they don’t buy a car. It’s tough though. Buyers are liars. And we’re the only business that’s ripping people off if we make a profit. This is kinda what I wanted to test when I started the thread. It’s disappointing that they confirmed my suspicions.

Henry?

>comes into thread with preconceived notions
>has notions met
>commiserates with biggest asshole in thread
>cries victim
Perhaps this is why people view you they way they do

>99% percent leave me happy
So wait you have an overall positive experience with the general public?

Way to completely contradict yourself.

Buyers will blatantly lie to you about problems with their trade in, but if they have 1 rattle 6 months after they bought their car, you are a liar and fucked them

there are a million places to buy a car, what the fuck makes it so special buying from you?

Dont care to sell you. Im a family business with good cars and prices

Then get a new job instead of crying in the Internet about it. You can work in another field. If I want a new car I have to go endure a month of nonstop lies. Do you have any idea how godamn insulting it is to be told “well we will make this deal but it’s less than we payed for the car” (yeah right). Then when youbact like you can’t trust them after a statement like that they act like you’re the asshole.

Then they come on the Internet and cry that nobody trusts the industry and fuck buyers.

The concept of a dealership is a scam in and of itself. Company makes car, dealership sells car at significant markup for negotiated prices. I just want to buy the fucking car. Telsa has the right idea about this and all the dealers get buttmad they can't squeeze the money out of it they can other manufacturers.
General public? You mean the 99% of everyone who isn't a fucking car salesman? Do you think, even slightly, that maybe it isn't everyone else that's the issue?
I understand you have to make money. I just hate the negotiation and the pressure tactics (if I smell even the slightest bit of that I walk). I've got some stories about times I did just that); and in the case of used cars especially, the lying. People view the car industry unfavorably because it treats them unfavorably. Personally, I believe if the whole salesman/negotiation model went away from car sales and it became a more price and pay industry, people would view it more favorably.
>Sorry you think my experience of having salesman attempt to sell me a car I can’t afford means I fell for it.
I wasn't really sure what to say to their assumption that I did.
You can't sit there with the "I don't lie to customers" attitude. You say they don't last long but then why is every other salesman lying through their teeth?

Most don’t lie anymore. The internet has given the customer a lot of information. Most are educated. Ive never had to lie to make a buck. It is the customer that lies.

For who? A third world country?

Yup.

Patel's are the worst

Lol, Patel’s are the worst. How much dis car? How much dat car? What’s your best price on dis car?

I don’t know asshole! Are you gonna buy all of them? Lol

Unfortunately I can't believe that. I've been on the market for a car for few months now and I've been lied to by every single dealership.
"We can't let you test drive until we have the numbers worked out" - Honda Dealership, looking at Civic Type R. It's a civic, not a fucking Ferrari. By numbers, they mean run my credit and figure out financing. I walked.
I was lied to about multiple features on a Mercedes, a BMW, and a Lexus. I asked how big the engine was on the CLA 45, was told all Mercedes have V6s by the salesperson.

Even service departments do it. Trying to tell me that I have to change the cabin filter with every oil change, that I should flush my transmission every 10k miles, stupid shit like that. Maybe it's just because I'm a woman or something (car industry has and has always had a reputation for that).

Jesus I make more than this AND I don’t have to be a scumbag to anyone.

I also buy used cars and fix them myself when they break. Not judging people who buy new, but I didn’t always make decent money so I learned to fix my own stuff. And growing up poor made me cheap as fuck.

>Personally, I believe if the whole salesman/negotiation model went away from car sales and it became a more price and pay industry, people would view it more favorably.
Saturn and Scion (Toyota) both tried this and it falls miserably in the real world.
People are fucking stupid and like to think they "negotiated a good deal" even though they paid more.
Luxury marques are obviously the inverse because people look at how much they paid (or leased, most of the time) as a status symbol.

>$41k to be a shitbag
LMAO the absolute state of salarylets

>Saturn and Scion (Toyota) both tried this and it falls miserably in the real world.
>People are fucking stupid and like to think they "negotiated a good deal" even though they paid more.
To the first point, there are many reasons both failed. Both being cheap cars marketed to kids and poor people didn't help either. To the second, you can thank the industry for that. Outside of those sorts of dealers, if you don't get some money knocked off you really are being screwed.
The average cuts in half for the commission only salesmen.

I sold Honda. No way I’d let you drive a type r until I know you can buy it. They didn’t lie, they aren’t gonna let you drive a unique car like that until they no you can buy. You’re lucky they even offered to let you drive it. I wouldn’t. Drive it after you buy it.

>People are fucking stupid and like to think they "negotiated a good deal" even though they paid more.
Are you retarded? People believe that because that's literally how the industry has worked for 70 years. Dealerships are the ones who made that shit common practice.

Oh man, gotta make sure I can throw down the bills before you let me test drive a used $30k car.
The thing is a competitor to and is cheaper than an STI and a Focus RS. Not sure what makes it so special.

I'm sorry but this is the silliest thing I've ever seen. It's not an exotic. They're what, like $35k? They're cheaper than a nice accord. They are also not unique in any way. Every dealer in town has a few. Do you guys think you have GT-Rs sitting on your lot?

If you don’t know what makes it special then it’s not for you and you wouldn’t buy it anyway. I would never let you drive that car. Not sure you can drive a manual, not sure you can afford it, not sure you could handle the vehicle. Set a world record in Germany for front wheel drive cars. You don’t even know what you were looking at. I’d tell you to look at the civic lx on the used lot or get lost. You pretty much told the dealer you aren’t serious and you just want to play with other people’s toys.

Wrong. I wouldn’t let you drive either. I’d tell you to pound sand and get out.

Fastest front wheel drive car on earth = nothing special, just a civic. These clowns. Lol

This post right here is a perfect example why I don’t trust any car dealer. This why some customers treat you with disdain.
>well I know some salesman who lie and are out to screw people. We aren’t all like that. I’m not like that and if you don’t believe me that’s your problem
Above is a reasonable answer from an honest person
>car dealers don’t lie anymore customers do
This is the response of a conman. If you can’t even tell the truth on an anonymous message board you probably are so pathological you don’t even realize you’re a con man.

What do you think of used vehicle dealers that advertise their price without a safety and then have a made up fee of 300-500 for a safety which includes other bullshit like detailing and a month warranty. They also don't let you have the vehicle independently inspected before purchase.

>Drive it after you buy it.
Kek. You suck at trolling. Be less obvious

Not trolling. That’s how it works. You think anyone can walk in and drive any vehicle they want?

I was on the market for a similar vehicle. Wanted to try the three. Made my pick and it wasn't the Type R. As for my complaints, the dinky interior just wasn't up to par for me. It was near identical to the $19,000 civic sitting next to it save for the seats, some color, and some minor badging.
I'm asking what makes it so special compared to it's competitors. I enjoy performance vehicles and was looking for another. I get that it's a fast as shit FWD and I can appreciate that. It doens't mean it isn't mass produced and available at every Honda dealer in town. All performance aside, the car is still $30k and far from the most expensive vehicle on the lot. This was on the used car lot.
The car I brought in as trade was more expensive and it was manual too.
I don't ask stupid questions. I know what I want before I come in. I did all my research ahead of time. Talking to salesmen is an unfortunate formality.

Do you run the credit of every soccer mom looking to buy an Odyssey (more expensive, looked it up just to check and it 100% is) to make sure they can afford it before you let them test drive?
Generally. What if I think I'll like it and hate it? That happened with the Focus RS. Full intention of buying the car. I drove it and straight didn't like it so I didn't buy.
So? It's a car on a lot that I had interest in buying. Since when are dealerships concerned with the specs of $30k cars? Mustangs and Camaros are more responsive and more dangerous and they let any yahoo test drive those.

Sorry, it cut off. By three I meant STI, Focus RS, and the Type R.

Attached: HumanFlatFish.png (1079x1130, 1.52M)

You literally said you wouldn’t let someone do a test drive in that car.

Now you’re twisting my calling that ridiculous, into me saying anyone should be able to walk on a lot and drive any car they want?

I’m not buying a car from you right now. You can drop the strawmen.

Do you have to be angry about it though?

We qualify people before they can drive a car. Some cars demand more qualifying than others. A car like that you’ll need to prove that you can afford to buy it, you know how to drive it, and you are serious about the purchase. If you can’t do that then you’re not serious. Take a hike

I'm not angry. I just don't like car salesmen.

This makes sense. A reasonable person would assume this. That’s not what you said.
>you can drive it after you buy it
This is what you said.

I don’t either. But you seem to have disdain for buyers too. You just come off as angry if you were the guy I was responding to about them being found as a mummified corpse.

That's kind of absurd. It's called shopping. If I know what I want, I'm going to look at it. I'm not going to burn my credit score by letting you run my credit for every single car I look at. I also finance through my own bank so to have that as a requirement is stupid for multitudes of reasons.